An Idea!

O

old.Napalm

Probably crap but might as well c what people think.

What about a knockout tournament? Like the FA cup (for the UK people out there) where, for example, 32 teams enter and the first round has 16 knockout games with the winners advancing. Kinda like a "Frag Cup" lol.

If we couldnt get 32 clans we could give a few clans "byes" straight into round 2. Perhaps the best clans could fight in an extra round.

Matches could b structured like the league games and using the same rules.

The only problem I could see would be the initial draw, but if we implemented a seeding system (e.g. wrld r a class 1 team, TFD a class 4, to split the teams up a bit) it might work. This way wrld wouldnt meet CCC in the first few rounds, etc.

It's only an idea but it might b good fun, and a challenge, what do u think? If enough people and clans liked the idea we could perhaps organise it. I'd b willing to do my bit, anyone want to help?

*Steps off his soapbox and hands the mic to the EF community*

=RD= Mr Nap

W

watcher

I think its a great idea:clap:.Ill help in any way i can m8

:clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.Damon-Jad

Neat...

I was secretly planning on doing something almost like this with STLeagues.com

But if you want the Ball Napalm I'll help you out.. Servers.. admin.. you name it I'll be there.. :)

O

old.Napalm

Excellent m8 :)

I'd like as many people to b involved in this if it does go ahead to avoid the whole thing resting on one guys/gals shoulders, this way if he/she leaves, the whole thing doesnt come crashing down.

Thanx for ur support Damon, and the rest :)

O

old.taffyman2000

good idea Mr Nap

hey man that gets my vote and i am sure naz would be up for it

get it going m8

Taffy(NAZ)

O

old.SmokingCigar

Weeeeeeeeee! Gonads And Strife!

GOOD ONE NAP!!!!

ME IN TOTALLY!!!

And me m8s will follow I am sure hehe

O

old.[LS]Speedy

hhhhhhhmmmmmm

sounds okay

if you want to use BWEFL servers go to #bwefl and ask the admins :)

D

[DAD]Monty73

I am sure [DAD] would be up for it........the first round that is lol :p

O

old.[DAD]Nexus8

Yes I think it's a neat idea. Whatever help you need DAD will offer it!

O

old.Napalm

Thanx and another idea

Thanx for ur opinions and help offers, please keep posting ur opinions, if we run this we want EVERYBODY to b happy with it, not just some clans. Also thanx Speedy! Damon talk to u soon m8.

So far I count the interested clans to be...

=RD=
[WoS]
=RD2=
[DAD]
NAZ
[LS]
=}AS{=

...anyone else?

Another small idea, might not work but I might as well mention it. What about (to solve the problems of the draw) splitting all clans up into 4 classes (best, 2nd best....etc). Then making 8 groups of 4 teams with 1 team of each class in each (using the current BW divisions for example........Group A could include CCC, NAZ, RD and TF).

The 2 top teams in each group go thru to a knockout stage of 16 teams. This is only an idea, I still prefer the original format as it's easier to organise.

However if we get all this bolox out of the way first, it makes it better if all goes ahead.

Keep posting people!

Nap

O

old.Flare_Protector

Superb!

The idea is superb! And i'm sure it can be worked out great.

The only thing is consider a load of crap is the fact that you are gonne "class" the clans, if f. zx. you make

CCC, NAZ, RD and TF

=CCC= has already the biggest change of winning.

Just make it a simple fair draw, if you end up with wrld and ccc in the same div., so what? Id be happy to fight em guys. :clap:

Idea:
--------

One player, admin, ... marks all the clans with a number, f. ex. you nap, give all the clans a number, then some1 else sets up the teams, without knowing what clan is what number.
This way we have created a fair division, with no "classing team" or picking the right clans.

G

greendemon

Clan-MCP would be up for it of course!

Only thing is, the whole thing might be a bit predictable.
It might be more fun if there were new elements introduced into the tournament, like Specialties, TDM, Teams made up of Alliances or something like that.

Just a thought.

[MCP]GreenDemon

O

old.Damon-Jad

Finally found My notes :)

Here was the first Idea I had..

6 Divisions , either randomly selected or selected by a mix of certain elements.

6-7 crews per division

Each crew will play the other crews in their division once, and one randomly selected crew from eah other division.

Leaders from each division are then chosen to go to the finals.

Leading to the Final Event thru process of elimination.

===

It's basically a slight adjustment on US Football. But it allows people to compete outside their Division , and we could also allow for a wild card option...

/me sees the hate mail now :)

O

old.Flare_Protector

new "cards"

maybe the clans should choose

either a : -wildecard, to prospone the match
or a : - rematch card: if the clan wants to have a rematch,this might turn the tides on some ocasions

Offcourse, each clan has to decide what card to take be4 the tournament starts

O

old.[LS]Speedy

Didnt say LS was interested (but i am)

me no stupid clan leader :)

O

old.[LS]Speedy

32 is a bit much

unless u can get 32 clans to play that is :)

only my stupid opion :clap:

W

watcher

Im sure if we make every clan out there know about this then we can get 32 teams nps

O

old.Evildancer

You dont now me but MAYBE you can contact first the HEADADMIN from bwefl league before you start doining things.

RD and RD2 one clan with 2 teams dont think so this was a big argument for the bwefl started.
Which clan is elite and which not everyone say CCC is elite but the lose against wrld and never seen them again(not so elite then)

This league had to be great IF all the teams who signed on would even check the homepage sometimes to seen when they would play.

Or take IRC as the most clans have beter for direct contact with the admins.

Off topic.

Admins where are they all.
There are now 3-5 admins who take care of all the bwefl

So first let us finshed this league and then we can Discus what to do with next season.

And all who are repley on this thread we seen you never on
irc #bwefl channel

So if you have any ideas contact the head admins then we will discus it with the clans on how and what.

Thanks.

O

old.[tf]alan

good idea

good idea nap but i dont like this bit:
(using the current BW divisions for example........Group A could include CCC, NAZ, RD and TF).
its a bit ovuse who will win this grop and who will come last
u have ot give crap clans a chance
but still cool idea :clap:
TF will be happy to be enterd (not with ccc plzzzzz!)

O

old.Napalm

Hold It!!!!!!

Right let me straighten a few things out here.

1) The idea of classes was to try and solve arguments about rigging the draw, I like the idea of one player having numbers etc, but who is to say that won't be rigged? Suppose if this info was shared with several clans it might work.

2) The idea of a knockout tournament was to make it different from the league format, so really my earlier idea shouldn't be counted to. It should b straight knockout (do like GreenDemons ideas tho).

3) Evildancer. This is an idea for the EF community, I didnt even involved BW, Speedy offered some servers but I didn't ask him 2. I am not asking BW for anything here. I only suggested it to c if it is what the players want.

4) RD and RD2 r totally seperate teams. Check out our website to c. Different leaders, different players.

5) Yeah Alan that was just a thought, scrap that bit. My idea is still standard knockout with weaker teams getting less rounds perhaps. Evens it up a bit.

6) I cant stress this enough..............THIS WONT B A LEAGUE LOL

;)

O

old.Napalm

Originally posted by Evildancer
You dont now me but MAYBE you can contact first the HEADADMIN from bwefl league before you start doining things.

This league had to be great IF all the teams who signed on would even check the homepage sometimes to seen when they would play.

Or take IRC as the most clans have beter for direct contact with the admins.

So first let us finshed this league and then we can Discus what to do with next season.

And all who are repley on this thread we seen you never on
irc #bwefl channel

So if you have any ideas contact the head admins then we will discus it with the clans on how and what.

This topic has nothing to do with the BWEFL, thats running, its great but its seperate.

Nap

G

greendemon

Originally posted by Evildancer
Off topic.
Admins where are they all.
There are now 3-5 admins who take care of all the bwefl

Thanks.

I have always been available as an Admin, but was only asked once to admin a match, then that was cancelled.
I check the BWEFL Site on a daily basis, if I was scheduled to Admin a match I would do so.

Sorry, but I'm not going to sit on an IRC channel all day/night waiting to assist, If I'm required, email me or schedule the requirement on the website.

I'm sure I must speak for several other Admins as well.
If you need my help Head Admins, Just say so!!!

W

watcher

I dont see wot all the fuss is about THIS IS NOT A LEAGUE THIS IS A KNOCK OUT CUP so clans can play clans that they normaly wouldnt.Its all about bringing the EF community together for a laff

O

old.Napalm

Originally posted by WATCHER
I dont see wot all the fuss is about THIS IS NOT A LEAGUE THIS IS A KNOCK OUT CUP so clans can play clans that they normaly wouldnt.Its all about bringing the EF community together for a laff

EXACTLY!

This one would b more fun, not a league, we leave that to BW, Clanbase and ESPL.

=CCC= Virus also suggested using flag caps for and against to seperate teams tied after 2 maps instead of a 3rd map, which I really agree with. Great idea V, more like that please!

Nap

O

old.Flare_Protector

first, you twat evildancer, i reply to this and i am in #bwefl

second, i think that ain't a great idea, cause it just ain't fair

what if a team puts up on hell of struggle and wins 1/0 but the next map get's squased and looses 5/0, then who are we to decide who's best?

the best thing is ,and still is, a 3 round, either for the amount of kills, or for the first flag to be capped

but NOT seperated by the amount of caps, cause everybody knows ccc is unbeateble on ,f. ex. if played ,voy2 and they score there like hell ,so they would be winners all the time, wich sUXoRz :eek:

think the 3 map should stay, or is ccc chickening out for a 3 map? :cool:

re bw, indeed, this has nothing to do with bw, so evil-D, lay off the crap :twak:

O

old.Flare_Protector

Originally posted by greendemon

Sorry, but I'm not going to sit on an IRC channel all day/night waiting to assist, If I'm required, email me or schedule the requirement on the website.

I'm sure I must speak for several other Admins as well.

i agree, i ask to when they are matches to assist but you guys always say there's enough ppl, so don't say we don't wanne help :upyours:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom