An Idea!

O

old.Napalm

Flare, what clan r u with m8? Just interested.

The idea of a 3rd map / caps is going to b considered carefully if we do go ahead. Also got some ideas about players dropping etc, tricky and its more than likely someone wont like it whatever is decided.

UPDATE - I have to speak to a couple of people, but I am hopeful things will go ahead. This tournament would b for the EF Community, so keep sending in ideas and i'll let u know whats going on. If we do this, everyone will b involved!

Nap

O

old.Damon-Jad

DUh.... :(

Ok .. well i got confused.. /me feels like a dork

Any way.. rules will have to be in place ane enforced, plus how do you define who fights who?

While the drawing numbers thing is a good idea, you want to give all the crews a fighting chance.

I mean the [WoS] will be in it... due to the fact were gluttons for punishment :)

But the early matches need to be somewhat balanced.. i mean i know ( since we've fought CCC and =RD= Before ) that if were faced with them right off the bat.. were out the door before we even get in.. :) Even though we'd do it anyway.. :)

So i see balance as a key element , alllowing some crews further movement into the matches...

Damon

O

old.Napalm

Early Ideas

Damon check ur email m8.

Also my main idea is for bigger clans to fight in more rounds, at least gives the smaller clans a bit more chance. What do u think?

As for 2nd teams, this is easy. Each clan who wants to enter one can, but squads must be submitted b4 the tournament starts of who is in what squad. This will b checked. I believe that its a fairer option because many clan players dont get chance to start, but in this situation they would get a game / some games. Especially the case for bigger clans like MAS, TF, CCC perhaps if they wanted.

I know some clans won't agree, but everything would b carefully controlled.

Nap

W

watcher

Originally posted by Napalm
This tournament would b for the EF Community, so keep sending in ideas and i'll let u know whats going on. If we do this, everyone will b involved![/B]

Nap [/B]

Well said m8

:clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.Flare_Protector

Look, if we spread the word, gamespy, mirc, i don't know, to EVERYONE to sign up now!

i'l be glad to be the main contact here :cool: to receive all the teams conformation e-mail, myself i will spread the word in gamespy

now, for the clans, just a way to help, ya want me to nummer em? lol, so then napalm can pick numbers and everyone knows who will be fighting who, so the teams can prep themself, if there in a heavy devision. :clap:

For the rules, i suggest we make em up with a team and put them on a webby so everybody can read em and if comments also post em, (forum :confused: )

~~ Just giving assitance ~~

O

old.Damon-Jad

Well i'm at work right now... So checking my mail is a Now Go... :(

They block my e-mail.. but not my web access..... Gotta love big buisness :)

I will check it tonight when i get home.. But my primary was down last night so drop a copy to my Back-up Damonjad@yahoo.com

then i'm sure to get it.. :)

I should be home in like 5 hours.. :(.. Whoops gotta hit alt+Tab )

Damon

O

old.Napalm

Slow Down Sparky

Cheers Flare, but thats step 2, nearly finished step 1 then we can do all that lol.

I'm going to sort a website (not me thank god :p) then stick all the rules and crap on their first. When the time comes we can spread the word, c who wants in, and THEN pick numbers, etc.

Official team is being sorted right now, u want in? Like ur enthusiasm (god hope Alan doesnt try to type that lol).

It's all in hand, but still want to make sure we can actually run this b4 we jump 2 far ahead.

NGUK EFL was rushed big time, and problems occured, I want to avoid that with this tournament if all goes ahead!

Sort all the bolox out first, then the fun and fragging can begin :firedevil:

Chill m8 :sleeping:, all in hand ;)

O

old.Flare_Protector

good, i'm in :clap:

and i'm taking it easy :eek:

W

watcher

Its looking like we've got strong team backing this but like Nap says lets not get to far ahead of our selfs if we rush in it could go tits up which we dont want,if we take it step by step everything will be fine and work out ok;)

O

old.Flare_Protector

ok, np for me, set up a decent create team first , nap, you, me, who else is in?

O

old.Napalm

Team

I'm asking a few people, they will b announced shortly.

So far it's.....

Napalm (fixtures / rules / communications)
Damon Jad (servers / admins)
Watcher (match reports)
Flare (communications / promotion)
Setvenharis (web site and graphics)
Monty (web site also and admin)
GreenDemon (admin)
Teflon (admin)
Neo (admin)

A few others have been asked but i'm still waiting for confirmation. However if anyone else wants to help, please email me at napalm@adaynap.karoo.co.uk. Still going to need plenty of admins, like I said i've asked a few people, but the more the merrier! Will need admins from a variety of clans to b fair.

Nap

O

old.Napalm

Ok lol :) R u with a clan m8, dont want to send u out to admin for them ;)

Of course all this is if everything goes to plan, but i'll find out soon and let u know :)

Nap

O

old.[LS]Speedy

Re: Hold It!!!!!!

Originally posted by Napalm

3) Evildancer. This is an idea for the EF community, I didnt even involved BW, Speedy offered some servers but I didn't ask him 2. I am not asking BW for anything here. I only suggested it to c if it is what the players want.

I thought u wanted it with BWEFL, if not, i dont think u can use the servers

cya

going to sleep

O

old.Napalm

Don't mind m8, just Evildancer made out that I was forming the new BWEFL or something. All I mean is it has nothing to do with the BWEFL that is currently running, but its a mess about knockout tournament.

If the BW admins liked the idea, thats different, but I wasn't scrounging BWEFL servers without asking ;) like EvilDancer made out.

This was just an idea, we have the team, hopefully we can sort out the servers. Trying to arrange this now. Any help would b great!

Nap

O

old.Napalm

Progress Report

Right heres whats happening.........

Staff / Admins
------------------
Looking great, thanx for everyone who has helped or offered to help.

Welcome to Temporal Incursion, who joins the team!

Site
-----
Got 3 people working on it now, more news later.

Servers
----------
Damon Jad can get us a few, but if any clans out there would b willing to let us use theirs for the sake of a good fun EF tournament, we would b very greatful! Still got a few options tho.

Please if u can help, let us know! People are always saying they want good EF events, well heres ur chance :)

Nap

S

SpUnKyTh3MoNk3y

like the idea...

possible fix to this whole "we might get knocked out in round 1" problem...this worked well in a knockout tourney we ran at work (fusball not ef but its all the same )

everyone who gets knocked out in round 1 goes into a second tourney (half the size of the first one obv)

who plays who in 2nd tourney is decided completely by the order they get knocked out of tourney 1. so u draw a little piccy like so:

knockout.gif

and wack em on the first line top to bottom as they get the peoples elbow

W

watcher

Thx m8 we will take a look but it sounds like making more work for us but its not up to me its up to EVERYONE who plays EF.
BTW which clan you with m8???
We need more ideas all will be looked at so keep them comming in

O

old.Flare_Protector

servers

if not played in bw i think i can my hands on one or two servers

:clap:

spunky, that's a cewl idea ;) But what i don't get , if you get "knocked out" i nround your "out", no?

O

old.Napalm

Woo Hoo

Brilliant Flare m8, keep me posted :D. Damon Jad can get us 1 and possibly 2, so things r looking up. We could do with as many as possible tho.

Spunky is MAS right m8?

Anyway good idea, I was thinking of that, like a playoff system, but as Watcher says it might get a bit complex, but it all depends how many clans enter really (with 8 it would b easy, 32 might b a nightmare and turn 2 much into a league). However, if it was popular, and possible, it would give everyone more games (perhaps if clans wished to do this, they could book the matches themselves and send in screenshots of the results, would b easier for us but would give other clans more games).

Nap

O

old.Napalm

1 thing to remember.....

I've witnessed 2 leagues now, and I know many people have opinions. This tournament is for everyone who wants it in the EF community, so lets make it one to remember.

The more ideas and offers for help we get, the more likely it is we can do this. Keep the brainwaves rolling in......

Thanx again to everyone who has given their views and offered help so far, it's gone from an idea I had, to a realisitic possibility in about 1 day!

O

old.MAS_Iceslim

Sounds like a good idea in practise Nap ,lets hope the groundrules can be sorted,seems a lot of disorienation about m8,be cool when the guidlines are finalised.
Anything for a bit of fun.

BTW Spunky is MAS

O

old.Napalm

Ground rules r np, we have them under control. Still need to finalise a few servers but thats the only problem we have right now. We will fully test everything b4 this starts, if it starts.

We just want opinions so people can get the tournament they want (or as many as possible).

Nap

O

old.Asterix

The points about rankings etc i.e. wrld vs tf or something, its obvious wrld would win BUT isnt this the same in all leagues, thats the point i thought.

In the UK football league for example, do u think some team like weymouth town would be happy if their first match was vs Man United?? I think not but thats just the way it is im afraid, there is no point in having a league if everyone is of the same level.

Servers,

I may be able to offer 2 servers depending on when the league will start. Might help i dunno....

O

old.Napalm

Cheers Asterix.

Start of tourni depends on servers really. Thanx for ur offer, much appreciated! Fancy being an admin m8?

As for the other, I agree with u, but whatever way we organise it, its bound to upset someone. As this is knockout the best teams will probably win, but we can try to make it more interesting and a bit tougher for them.

Now we have a few possible servers lined up (any more offers?), we can start to plan it, and then c who signs up. We can solve this problem then. Website will b worked on very shortly by our team, then we can take it one step at a time.

BTW the way Man U r defending, Weymouth might beat them! lol

O

old.Asterix

Well Weymouth have beaten Man U once, but that was about 10 years ago (i was there!! Woohoo!! LOL)

I'd love to be an admin, however, as i have had a new baby daughter 5 days ago, work, studying (MCSE and MCSD) and playing games, i dont really have much time left.

O

old.Rabbit

First of all, this has got nothing to do with BWEFL or BW until they provide the servers. The only thing I can say nowis that is not to decide by Speedy [bwefl-admin] , or even me [headadmin]. That will be up to BarrysWorld probably.

However we could and we most likely will change some things next season. I don't know exactly what, but I am thinking personaly about a combination of a knock out system with playoffs.

However I don't think clans will like the knock out when they lost their 1 and only match vs CCC with 67-2 and 58-0. I think the strength of bwefl must be to provide close matches against opponents of your skill, in other words, provide good matches.
and 110-0 in 2 maps is not what I call a good match.

Any suggestions about the set up for the next season are welcome however. Send them to me or join the irc channel #bwefl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom