An albs perspective

R

Rollie_David

Originally posted by cougar-
give 3d server please so we dont need this discussions.

i dont think you would do anything tbh on a 3rd server, i think quite a few would go onto it, then after a week or so of not totally killing everything a few would slip back onto mid/excal then you would struggle ofr a class or 2 then you would quit.

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Strapon Sally
i dont think you would do anything tbh on a 3rd server, i think quite a few would go onto it, then after a week or so of not totally killing everything a few would slip back onto mid/excal then you would struggle ofr a class or 2 then you would quit.

ok, then we know what you think. :rolleyes:

A

Arnor

there is but one way to settle this:

:flame: MORTAL KOMBAT!! :flame:

HAJIME!

R

Rollie_David

ok, then we know what you think. :rolleyes:

happened with mid/excal, quite a few came back once middy got the end regen

C

cougar-

happened with mid/excal, quite a few came back once middy got the end regen

ok, thx for info.

O

ormagaa

Originally posted by vintervargen
sorry, but i dont really see where the skill is when playing a mid tank grp.

anyone care to enlighten me?

hey you postfarmer

where is the skill of standing still and spam pbaenutton ^^

A

Arnor

Originally posted by ormagaa
hey you postfarmer

where is the skill of standing still and spam pbaenutton ^^

atleast you can _not_ go into the pb-cage, or interrupt them or whatever.

trust me a pb-group is harder to play then a mid-tank group. atleast the pb group has LOTS of counters, whereas the mid-tankgroup has very few.

O

old.Nol

So you call me dirty words because i dont agree and you dont have anything more to say? moderators!

I never called you anything but if the hats fits, then you're welcome wear it...

Whatever I say you lot are bound to come and point out other abilities that in your opinion make other realms competitive, because we're dissrespecting to your skillz, by implying you have the advantage and don't win because of your uber taktikz.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one, not everyone has a set of balls though.

T

Trubble

nice post, but you forgot sos and bof that can change a fight

:p :p :p

But so can Perfect Recovery. With above mentioned group you can virtually nullify the first 2 deaths in the mid group.

S

succi

lol plz :>

R

Rollie_David

Originally posted by succi
lol plz :>

u r soooo l33+, can i touch you please, so i can say i have touched a l33+ person :(

F

Forau

Originally posted by Trubble
But so can Perfect Recovery. With above mentioned group you can virtually nullify the first 2 deaths in the mid group.

Nullify? no buffs, resistbuffs or cc-timers. what usually happends when you get PRed is you cast spread heals at full 3.5s castspeed(that's what is feels like believe me), maybe get one off, then you get mezd for full duration, then you get tanks on you and try to run but since you have only 1400 hp and no engregen you die again. some nullification huh?

H

hellige

"SoS is good but its just a very nice RA (like Group Purge or Perfect Recovery)"

sos = pre 1.62 gp or PR

AAHAHAHAHA

S

succi

u r soooo l33+, can i touch you please, so i can say i have touched a l33+ person :(

Go alb/pryd and take lesson mayhap.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Forau
Nullify? no buffs, resistbuffs or cc-timers. what usually happends when you get PRed is you cast spread heals at full 3.5s castspeed(that's what is feels like believe me), maybe get one off, then you get mezd for full duration, then you get tanks on you and try to run but since you have only 1400 hp and no engregen you die again. some nullification huh?

shhh, he knows it much better then you, pr is teh best, 2 free deaths :p

"You have died, Do you want to continue? (2 continues remaining)"

O

old.anubis

y, reset immunity after pr sucks badly, and those feking 125 dex matter, and quite a lot

O

old.Sepiritz

You mean kinda like NP on alb mlf?

O

ormagaa

Originally posted by greenfingers
I couldn't agree more with the instant CC, Mids have both instant area stun, and instant area mezz ... tbh, when riding in a grp, the 1875 range is VERY overrated, because mids have nice speed (skald)

Ok, i agree with you when bumping into enemies insta aestun is really good tool. only use tho is to stop emenies so you can cast aemezz. Thats good in some occations, your boltmezz is really nice in some occations too.

and end regen (Shaman) this means, speed and sprint at the same time = wickedly fast!

Very few mids use this tool. It is very effective, and it has to be trained hard to get it to work. NP use it, BC and im sure other rvrguilds use it.

The normal midgroup dont use it id say. Kinda irritating to wait up and catch players who lost stick. But with training its great.

Skald drives, Healer sticks Skald, then the healer has a very high chance of mezzing/stunning the inc grp, before Sorc reacts, target, unstick, stop, QC mezz ... maybe this takes like 2-3 secs .. and in that time, the healer can easily have instant mezzed most of the tanks, maybe even the sorc, and then the grp is doomed... ofc, if U are not RR6+ and have Purge and all the nice RA's...

Normally healer drives.
But now there is stuff you need to know about. Insta AE CC is on 10 minutes timer. Its not always up you know, even tho the timer is nice. If you specc 48pac for the best isnta aemezz...
the insta aemezz sucks... ppl that have played alot in rvr know this. The insta aestun is my last resort to turn a battle into favour.

Well, tbh I would like Theurgs, or some other caster, maybe the Frair? to have instant CC, like small instant area mezz or something .. but the fact is that Alb doesn't have any instant CC, and we really need it, to compare with Mid!!!

You cant have both the cake and leave it 'til later.

Say you have to choose between bof&sos or insta aemezz for 10 seconds. its your choise

(I know the cleric has PB mezz, but no cleric, with respect for himself, spec more then 3 or 4 Smite!)

Overall..
Ive seen really good albiongroups, BF, FC, and even tho with cced them they have changed everything and with assist they are really evul. Sos is a such great tool. Too bad mincers use it when they are the only one left to run away from the battle.
and we shouldnt even start talking about bof. Id give much away for a feature like that.

R

Rollie_David

Originally posted by succi
Go alb/pryd and take lesson mayhap.

why do i need a lesson? i did perfectly well in middy/excal, i was a member of the highest rp guild on middy/excal yet i goto alb and now i dont know how to play the game?..........lol nice, better run along mate the school bus to l33+svill3 is leaving.

R

rure_

Originally posted by ormagaa
Too bad mincers use it when they are the only one left to run away from the battle.

Yeah, right, ofc we do. :rolleyes:

V

vindicat0r

Agree with post but mids will never agree, its like asking for a nerf to a charc. If you were making amazing rps and always kicking azz would u call for a nerf ? maybe some would but .........
most would say : Ah, let mythic sort it out I will just enjoy it while I can.

On the whole alb/pryd thing:

I have fought pry alb's and ther shit. There is 2 grps I have met that wer good, 1 lead by a sorc xeanor I think or very like that and ther other was an alb mele grp high RR, cant remember names. I have also seen movies of them on the opposite side < know ur enemy ;)> and in 90% of the fights they win whether it was on a video or in a grp I fought against them that I was in, they either had to use BoF + SoS, SoS , BoF , MoC + purge on sorc, I think even soliders barricade was on there :D. The point is they rely on RA"s to win fights just like the rest of us alb's and yes I have heard of stories that they go atk to rest for the RA's they lost and/or swap to other charcs they have logged in atk that ave them up < 1 has a 50 arms + 50 mincer with sos etc >

In saying that, I am not saying albs cant win. Ofc they can but when u go into a fight u have the deck stacked against u and generally speaking ur enemy's have to make a mistake or purge has to be down on the healer etc. This is not the way it should be but then again what does it matter, this whine or any future whine will never change any of the issuse we have or dont like only time + mythic will and what change's are made we cannot know so its best to just stfu and get on with it. If u dont wanna get creamed in RvR by mids then get over it and either quit or keep at it :m00: :D

A

Arnor

why do i need a lesson? i did perfectly well in middy/excal, i was a member of the highest rp guild on middy/excal yet i goto alb and now i dont know how to play the game?..........lol nice, better run along mate the school bus to l33+svill3 is leaving.

what and when did you play mid/exc?

R

Rollie_David

Originally posted by Arnor
what and when did you play mid/exc?

i played about the same time you got upset in our pbaoe jar lair group mardy :p

A

Arnor

i played about the same time you got upset in our pbaoe jar lair group mardy :p

o_O the plot thickens

<cue music from the good the bad and the fugglay>

S

schinkaar

no one with more than 1h RvR experience could loose with NP:s setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom