NSFW Amnesia: TDD recuperation thread

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Anyone who's been bright enough to get Amnesia The Dark Descent from the Steam bargin weekend, please share your experiences in here!

Things I've learnt:

- due to my rsi being shit I have to mouse with my non-dominant hand, and for some reason it confuses left/right when opening doors and wardrobes haha
- lantern uses oil too frigging fast ffs
- Daniel is friggin weak man, the slightest things cause him to shit himself :-/
- lantern uses oil too frigging fast ffs
- must open every drawer/closet/etc. there are handy things in unlikely places.

ROUTE:
the game wanted me to go downstairs but I thought fuck that and went up the stairs and across into some kind of library thing. I had to break through a wall, and solve a door puzzel. Still no beasties, but lots of wind, noises and some woman being attacked by something (all audio, no visuals).

other than this, have yet to find anti-beastie plasma cannon. sneaking suspicion there is none :(:(:(

TdC

err ok I've seen something now. down in the wine cellar. still no anti-beastie cannon. NOT PLEASED.

edit: also, how cool are the sound effects in this game? I'm just listening to it on 2.1 speakers, and the soundscape is huge! I can hear rain and water droplets waaaay off to each side of me, and when I turn round they seem to go behind me 0o

Damini

Part of the furniture
I have heard this game will cause me to urinate with fear.

I do not think I will be playing it.

TdC

it's quite awesome imo Dams. you and K should play it together, roaring fire, cats on laps, popcorn in bowl, under the safety of a blanket, etc. also, it's 6,50 of your old country moneys!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I played the demo, I thought it was a load of shite.

TdC

different strokes for different folks :)

I just managed to die horribly: I was walking through some water, and an invisible beastie took exception to my presence and ran up to me to dispute the issue. After I had been thoroughly eviscerated, the game handily reminded me to stay out of the water. Nice touch that you could see where it was through the splashed it made when moving, but not see the thing itself.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
I've watched a vid on youtube of a guy playing this and after doing so I decided that I like my underwear in a clean state and that buying and playing it would mean I'd probably need to do it whilst wearing a nappy to cover from any suprises.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Whoever plays as they recommend,in a dark room with headphones on is obviously a sadist.

Told the missus about the game and showed her the trailer, she
thought it would be hilarious to sneak in from work last night and grab my shoulder while I was playing.....

my poor nerves are shredded

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Poor guy, I hope you did a big poo in her knicker drawer as an act of revenge.

TdC

Whoever plays as they recommend,in a dark room with headphones on is obviously a sadist.

Told the missus about the game and showed her the trailer, she
thought it would be hilarious to sneak in from work last night and grab my shoulder while I was playing.....

my poor nerves are shredded

aargh! ofc, there are certain things a man can surprise a woman with as well...especially for revenge purposes!

Poor guy, I hope you did a big poo in her knicker drawer as an act of revenge.

like this for example! FH: we never fail to deliver! (I was actually thinking of something else, but this would do :))

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I spent 5 minutes hiding under the stairs in the Laboratory last night, because I heard creaking on the stairs on the floor above me and daren't come out.

such a novel experience playing this game, thoroughly enjoying (if thats the right word lol) knowing that I cant just empty a revolver into everything in sight to get through.

TdC

I spent 5 minutes hiding under the stairs in the Laboratory last night, because I heard creaking on the stairs on the floor above me and daren't come out.

such a novel experience playing this game, thoroughly enjoying (if thats the right word lol) knowing that I cant just empty a revolver into everything in sight to get through.

quite agree. the fact that you're more or less defenceless and have to get by on wits is a whole new ball game for me: so used to destroying things with my portable hand cannon, it's unreal :D

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Its what seperates it from games like FEAR, you can't just unload into the dark, you need to be very careful of how much noise you make. Going to try and play a bit more later.

TdC

Its what seperates it from games like FEAR, you can't just unload into the dark, you need to be very careful of how much noise you make. Going to try and play a bit more later.

but I usually just unload into the dark :(

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Ok just got to the Prison.Enough's enough for me save/exit/lie down.:(

Damini

Part of the furniture
Are any of you guys playing Alan Wake? Or have played Project Zero?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Yeah really enjoyed Alan Wake, wasn't really scary in the slightest, but still good fun :D

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Also bought Amnesia the other day, but haven't got round to touching it, still a bit terrified of it thanks to the demo :(

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Finished it some time ago and it gets worse and worse! Luckily i had a friend next to me for some time, but half through i had to play myself, in the dark (Actually, the light bulb stopped working some time ago).

My nerves are already f*cked from past games such as System Shock 2, Thief 2 and many more oldschool scare your pants games. It is a relief really.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Seriously who play's these games...

I watched that trailer and no way i'm gonna play that in the night :(

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
If you found any of the Resident Evil's scary I'd suggest staying away from this :p

C'mon! Dont tell me you didnt find RE1 scary in those loading scenes when you got to open those pesky doors w/o knowing what were you gonna find behind :p

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I did when I was 10 year old aye, haha :p Amnesia is on a completely different planet fear wise though.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
There's gonna be a whole new generation of 20-30 year old men who start sleeping with nightlights again and cringe everytime a floorboard creaks LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom