americans are shit at daoc

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Lulz. A good hib grp can dominate ;d

Well done on stating the obvious. Any good group can dominate. What Everz is saying is that hibs don't have an equivalent to an interrupt class like a bd or theur. Suppose the bain taunt back in the days whas ok, but thats about it.

Groups running with 2bd's or 2 theurgs whas and is just... ZZzzzzZZzz.

Everz

FH is my second home
Well done on stating the obvious. Any good group can dominate. What Everz is saying is that hibs don't have an equivalent to an interrupt class like a bd or theur. Suppose the bain taunt back in the days whas ok, but thats about it.

Bain taunt nerf really sucked so bad :/.

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved

You should try running an ani group then.

D, D, B
Tri spec eld ( preferably quite high rr )
Bainshee
Ani
Champ
BM

Can drop half a group on inc if the ani and eld is good.

Drop 2-3 well positioned tanglers spread and debuff nuke the charging tanks out of the sky before they even reach you :)

Typical ani dmg on gellow body debuff looks like 750-900 x4 and then you weave in lifetaps hitting for 290-400 inbetween the bombs cuppled with the bainshee 750-900 dmg hits.

Not easy for any mid or alb castere group to push through the champ, bm and tanglers having their support NS'ed/banelorded and abused by tanglers.

Played a rr9Lish ani and was by far the most abusive overpowered 8 man caster I ever played.

Hilerous to just pop out 4-5 bombers have the debuff land and then weave in the lifetaps and all hit the same time xD

Then you can /ass the BM and aoe abs debuff for him and the champ, helluva nice caster to play.

And the eldie can focus 100% on interrupting, NSing diseasing etc since thats all he has to do unlike a light spec where he has to nuke shit aswell.

Anyway, hib grps can surly create nasty and hard to play against groups, just like easymode mid caster grps with 1-2 bds sm/rm combos can.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Let's look at the lemon's first:

- No warden = no important red resists, no bg, amongst other things. But suppose you can go without it.
- Ani bombers. The 20% pierce is gone and although the burst dmg can be great, it still isnt the same as a normal nuke. Where the dmg is getting done when you nuke, instead of having to w8 10s for the bombers arrive.
Ani pet's - static, can be cc'd, nuff said.

And why would an alb group push, its always a kite group when it comes to albion and their range > yours :p

Anyways a 2 theurg/bd group would rape that group in an instant.

That said i am a big fan of the void eld, ani, bain groupa's. Druid, warden, bard, void eld, mana eld/chanter, bain, animist, animist/bain comes to mind :p Somehow it whas really never populair, or never really worked. Seen lots of good play with groups with just an animist though.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
What i dont get the point of with some usa sorcs is not using the insta AE d/q debuff.

I think it brakes mezz now or something, But i used to use it just before i started mezzing to stop ppl casting on inc. Soooo many times ive been stuck to a sorc and a bard come towards us they both start casting mezz and our grp gets done. if they hit debuff whilst mezzing it would stop em ! ..

also when sorcs see a grp inc you can see they mash mezz as they do the double fail cast mezz where they are still technically moving interupt themselves and start casting a 2nd time and get mezzed, instead of just facing.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
What i dont get the point of with some usa sorcs is not using the insta AE d/q debuff.

I think it brakes mezz now or something, But i used to use it just before i started mezzing to stop ppl casting on inc. Soooo many times ive been stuck to a sorc and a bard come towards us they both start casting mezz and our grp gets done. if they hit debuff whilst mezzing it would stop em ! ..

also when sorcs see a grp inc you can see they mash mezz as they do the double fail cast mezz where they are still technically moving interupt themselves and start casting a 2nd time and get mezzed, instead of just facing.

stat debuffs dont interupt iirc like str/con dex/qui etc.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
The days of playing a bard in a 8 man were some of the best of my career in daoc!

Nothing like spotting a group on impact and having to time everything just perfectly.

I remember when SoS was rox and you could just spot a group on inc, hit sos, amnesia and mezz :d or double mezz to brake cb charges ;d

Marc

FH is my second home
The days of playing a bard in a 8 man were some of the best of my career in daoc!

Nothing like spotting a group on impact and having to time everything just perfectly.

I remember when SoS was rox and you could just spot a group on inc, hit sos, amnesia and mezz :d or double mezz to brake cb charges ;d

Dear FH members. This is the CC'er who used insta aoe mezz on a resting group :D

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Let's look at the lemon's first:

- No warden = no important red resists, no bg, amongst other things. But suppose you can go without it.
- Ani bombers. The 20% pierce is gone and although the burst dmg can be great, it still isnt the same as a normal nuke. Where the dmg is getting done when you nuke, instead of having to w8 10s for the bombers arrive.
Ani pet's - static, can be cc'd, nuff said.

And why would an alb group push, its always a kite group when it comes to albion and their range > yours :p

Anyways a 2 theurg/bd group would rape that group in an instant.

That said i am a big fan of the void eld, ani, bain groupa's. Druid, warden, bard, void eld, mana eld/chanter, bain, animist, animist/bain comes to mind :p Somehow it whas really never populair, or never really worked. Seen lots of good play with groups with just an animist though.

Well, I guess you value diffrent things in a group and setups is 100% about playstyle and what your grp can do. Ani group is abit tricky to play but it is so sweet when it works.

Warden resis, and BG is not even needed. A BGer is a crutch. Way fun to be BGed when a valk reaver, thane, vamp is on you - I mean 1 player tying up two players, can't get any better :)..

BM charge3 det4, champ purge3, so the body resis sure its nice to have red body vs CC but not so damaging with these RA setups.

Alb body debuff train won't do that much more dmg on you with a CL body resis compared to 45-50% resis since the debuff scales. Debuffs more on higher resis and all that, same change that was made to LWs if you remb that :)..

Tanglers slows enemy down and forces them to CC them ( while you can release them and re do them over and over ). Exposed the healer to a NS when stepping forward to CC the tanglers. If BD/THEUG pushes on you great chance his pets gets rooted in the tangler field, or get himself rooted, same with shaman.
Makes for perfect kite, add in an eldritch and a bard that can do 100% CC and interrupt, eld doesn't have to do anything else then aoe snare dds, 2600ish range NS interrupts ( same range as albs ) and disease the tanks incomming ( that will eventually get caught up in a tangler as you release and redo them as you move :) ).

Also eld beeing used for rupting and as kite engine only he can be very defensivly specced, rr5, pd5, moc, VP3 ( either for BD pet killing or theug pet spam or just run in with the 2x banelorders and bomb parts of a mezzed grp )

Think about it, albion hybrid grp:

C, F, Sorc, Merc then 2x theugs, heretic and minstrel.

or

C, F, Sorc, Merc, Armsman ( with celepole), 1x theug, 1x Heretic and minstrel/reaver/merc/wizard/caba, I would perefer cab here for the dps, but others will use heretic as dps'er.

Mid hybrid grp:

H, H, S, Bd, Rm, Sm/valk, berserker and last skald/warrior/thane/savage depending abit how offensive you wanna be.

Guess you can tell I'm not a fan of a BGer, would only be Arms/Warr/savage/thane beeing able to BG in these setups.

I think the real advantage ( wich you see as negative ) with ani is that the bombers take time to land, but when they do it is spike dmg and nothing you can protect yourself from. When the dmg starts you can't just interrupt it to make it stop.

On a caster 4 bombers and 4 lifetaps is unhealable once the debuff lands, add the bainshee and it so purly too much dps to heal even if you knew it was comming.

Had a rr9lish andi and typical dmg on casters after a gellow debuff was like ( hihi makes me grin ) 1200ish dmg / second when 4 bombers then lifetap spaming as soon as the 1st hit is about to land. Healers don't really beginn healing until someone asks for it or is "obviously" taking assist dmg ( since they will be rupting and rooting things shearing etc ).

Still remb playing with Jamie and on incs I put down like 3-4 tanglers in a reversed diamond so flanking and pushing through us would be mean stepping into the minefield, and their tanks after their charge was out they got tanglered and we just pushed over them and killed their casters and support :)..

Theug pets you have bainshee to aoe out of the way, eld got vp for bd pets on inc.

I would hate to fight this setup as alb/mid myself, fear it more then 2x bd grps :)..

But yah odd nobody plays it, since it is damn potent and fun when it works.

/ps I hate 2x BD groups nothing more diabolic to face with an alb grp then that :/ remb we resorted to running 2x rr7-11 wizards to be able to kill the BDs on inc xD 6x boltz on 3 power relics on DE server hahah :fluffle:

/edit

Yah they killed us anyway :(

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Dear FH members. This is the CC'er who used insta aoe mezz on a resting group :D

Was that on Camlann?

If it was - no doubt it was a purple/red con group.

I'm not the one who went around breaking mezzes with disease or whatever the fuck you used! :D

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Yes, i fully agree that the standard of playing from the majority of Americans is terrible. Horrible examples that spring to mind are:
Breaking mezzes with AoE DoT's
Burning SoS to catch 1-2 people when they are an fg
Trying to tower camp with tank groups
Letting people die to rebuff another in fights
RA dumping when it clearly won't help (e.g. blowing MoC and healing yourself when not stun-immune vs a hib caster or a shield tank).
Guild groups blowing purges to try and kill a stealther with mezzpoison etc.
Realm loreing people to find out that they have 0 in some resists...
High RR stealthers who won't go out of heal/DI range from their tower-bot etc.

The more annoying thing with the Americans is that they only ever solo/duo on the most overpowered classes. Example: I never see a soloer from Mid unless it's a Warrior, Valk or Lock. I never see a soloer from Hib unless it's a Vamp, Champ or VW. Unfortunately Alb is just as bad - only really putting out Reavers, Pallys, Arms and Tics.

Have to say, i'm not digging the cluster on the US so far because it's destroyed the small group/solo action that i enjoyed the most.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, i fully agree that the standard of playing from the majority of Americans is terrible. Horrible examples that spring to mind are:
Breaking mezzes with AoE DoT's
Burning SoS to catch 1-2 people when they are an fg
Trying to tower camp with tank groups
Letting people die to rebuff another in fights
RA dumping when it clearly won't help (e.g. blowing MoC and healing yourself when not stun-immune vs a hib caster or a shield tank).
Guild groups blowing purges to try and kill a stealther with mezzpoison etc.
Realm loreing people to find out that they have 0 in some resists...
High RR stealthers who won't go out of heal/DI range from their tower-bot etc.

The more annoying thing with the Americans is that they only ever solo/duo on the most overpowered classes. Example: I never see a soloer from Mid unless it's a Warrior, Valk or Lock. I never see a soloer from Hib unless it's a Vamp, Champ or VW. Unfortunately Alb is just as bad - only really putting out Reavers, Pallys, Arms and Tics.

Have to say, i'm not digging the cluster on the US so far because it's destroyed the small group/solo action that i enjoyed the most.

Seen all this plenty of times on EU as well and bear in mind that probably something like a third of the players are not Americans, but former EU/Antipodean/Asian players.

From the talk i saw last night i think a lot of the group rvr is going to be seen in Agramon, but time will tell.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
There are plenty of good groups on the US servers, but they tend to play set times around 9pm - 1am. So to fight Bedlam/Ascendancy/Superpug/Caustic etc you're going to have to play 2am-6am'ish euro time. They're usually around the island anyway. The scrub groups around mainland areas are usually terrible, but easy RPs :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Breaking aoe mezz is something the eus did as well.

always remember a level 20 half ogre mercenary with a portable catapult spamming benowyc bridge when a few high rr groups were in the area. I think a alb group dropped a perfect mezz off on a high rr hib group, only for the hibs to be fine after the emzzbreaking etc :p

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
Seen all this plenty of times on EU as well and bear in mind that probably something like a third of the players are not Americans, but former EU/Antipodean/Asian players.

From the talk i saw last night i think a lot of the group rvr is going to be seen in Agramon, but time will tell.

Yup most 8v8 groups are in agramon but watch out for the 2 groups of albs that often roam around there adding on all fights, our guild tried to hunt them down the other night but they fecked off. But so far ive seen and been in some nice 8v8 fights even though we have lost most of them lol

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Our low RR non set group (RR2-5 most nights) struggle against mid groups simply because of the massive amount of interrupts they have. Having said that we have beaten several RR10ish. If Mythic would allow us to actually get some real hours in I think we could start doing well, the service has been terrible over the last couple of weeks though.

We haven't come across any really good groups yet, just really good set-ups with retard classes (mids)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Breaking aoe mezz is something the eus did as well.

always remember a level 20 half ogre mercenary with a portable catapult spamming benowyc bridge when a few high rr groups were in the area. I think a alb group dropped a perfect mezz off on a high rr hib group, only for the hibs to be fine after the emzzbreaking etc :p

Thanes pre-toa were terrible for it *cough* ooo lots of mezzed people MJOL MJOL MJOL

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I think Thanes were responsible for 10% of all graphic card meltdowns preToa!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I think thanes is a pretty cool guy. eh breaks mezz and doesnt afraid of anything

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
i just pointed this thread out to peeps in region.. and erm im being appealed for being a racist by several no hopers now lol.

someone else got appealed earlier tonight for saying fag....

these peeps need to lighten up and turn off the evangelical channels and maybes just maybes, listen to peeps who have played this game to a MUCH higher skill than they've ever seen.

sick of seeing... its our game!! we invented it!! dont like it fuck off etc!!!

tis like us English saying... South Africa fuck off!! we invented cricket!! you know nothing!!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think Thanes were responsible for 10% of all graphic card meltdowns preToa!

still remember Fafnir managing to hammer a alb RR zerg... fucking hell that lagged, and half that RR DC'd :D

still got that screeny Faffy? (if you still read this board)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom