Allow Subscription Password to be Modified

M

Meatballs

Guest
"Once your Player Account is open, its use remains strictly personal (unless you have given authorisation to your underage child), and you are held fully and personally responsible"

We can't secure it ourselves if we cannot change our passwords regularly, how can we be held responsible?

GOA can't secure it themselves if they can't change it, and I believe they are obligated to keep our information secure (address, name and billing data are held by GOA):

Section VIII, Article 17
EU Directive 95/46/EC
The Data Protection Directive

Security of processing

1. Member States shall provide that the controller (ie GOA) must implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.

Regularl rotations of passwords, and the ability to change passwords I'm sure everyone will agree, is a high priority to secure data.

Anyway bump if ye agree, and then we can see about having a mass whine at Rightnow or subscriptions@goa.com if they dont listen.:clap:
 
E

Euthanasia.

Guest
Erm is it me or don't they already let you change your p/w's?
 
M

Meatballs

Guest
Originally posted by Euthanasia.
Erm is it me or don't they already let you change your p/w's?

They let you change your game login password, not you're subscription password which holds your billing details (and the ability to change your game login password)
 
N

Nightchill

Guest
i suppose an unofficial reason is that it discourages account trading.. whose to know the guy you bought the account off hasn't kept the subscription user/pass handy?

imo tho, that ^, is a small concern. let us change subscription user/passwords plz.
 
G

Generic Poster

Guest
Originally posted by Meatballs
They let you change your game login password, not you're subscription password which holds your billing details

iirc, you cannot see or retrive your credit card details from the subscription site.




/bump
 
M

Meatballs

Guest
Originally posted by Generic Poster


iirc, you cannot see or retrive your credit card details from the subscription site.

/bump

You're home address is on the subscription site, and all your invoices, no it doesn't store your credit card details, but home address and invoices is the billing details I meant.
 
J

j000 d000d

Guest
Bump.

Too many people i know who had to buy a new account just because someone had their sub pass (items stolen etc) and had to remake all the chars :(
 
O

old.Tohtori

Guest
Ok...how the hell is someone able to get another ones sub pass? I mean, it's not like someone will guess RgSE3r5sSr3 by accident...

If you leave the printout of your sub pass lying around in a bus or forward your mail to all your CS buddies then you are asking for trouble...

Or perhaps the haxorz elite have a hitsquad that comes to your house at night to steal your pass.
 
B

Belsameth

Guest
Originally posted by old.Tohtori
OkI mean, it's not like someone will guess RgSE3r5sSr3 by accident...

funny. it's always thew first one I try :p
 
M

Meatballs

Guest
Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Ok...how the hell is someone able to get another ones sub pass? I mean, it's not like someone will guess RgSE3r5sSr3 by accident...

If you leave the printout of your sub pass lying around in a bus or forward your mail to all your CS buddies then you are asking for trouble...

Or perhaps the haxorz elite have a hitsquad that comes to your house at night to steal your pass.

How does anyone find out anyones password? There's hundreds of reasons why, some more avoidable than others, theres no reason you should be unable to resecure you're account if one of those things happen to you.
 
T

Tilda

Guest
i just want to be able to request another randomly generated password.

Tilda
 
B

Belsameth

Guest
May I suggest RightNow?
it IS the number 1 tool for any form of communication with GOA.
however unfortunate that may be
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

L
Replies
6
Views
453
Harhr
H
B
Replies
3
Views
393
Brunore
B
I
Replies
1
Views
386
old.Normengast
O
B
Replies
17
Views
515
healer_mcheal
H
T
Replies
2
Views
595
Twaize
T
Top Bottom