Status
Not open for further replies.
A

angrysquirrel

Originally posted by Danyan
Yes lets just all spam /as whenever...
<Watches 100 lines per minute of /as flash by>
<Switches off /as>

Woot now the alliance channel is really useful!

Seriously if you need to spam use guild chat, you don't need to broadcast to 20 guilds. :p

note to alliance - add this danyan lad to the list of "non invitable"...

note to others, dont knock it till you've tried it
note to current alliance peeps, Keep the fun coming !!!!!!!!

A

angrysquirrel

one more thing, if you want to be in a guild where you are subject to /send *you* FFS NOT ON /AS then fine stay...

if you want some fun, you know where to come

(believe or not fun does involve keep/relic/df raids !! yes thats right, we spam keep raids !)

S

StormriderX

you know you can make your own thread if you want to recruit people rather than attempting to hijack this one ;)

N

-Nuked-

would just like to point out that we do infact get reports on keep raids/relic raids/ numbers of albs.mids in certain area's, we may have alot of friendly chat in the alliance but we dont miss out on reports of mids after our relics and such crazy things. just incase there are some of you out there who have seen this post never been in HoF alliance and are thinking to yourselves that its just mass talk in this /as and we totally miss the fact that midgard have stolen my .. err i mean our power relic :p just thought i would clear that up.

A

angrysquirrel

after loggin on and speaking to mates in other alliances, i dont think ive ever been happier, ever missed anything or never had to the opportunity to participate in the game....my mates in other alliances struggle to say that.....nah i aint recruiting (been there done that) just letting people know that the game can be enjoyed on many levels (in two senses of the word) and that experimentation is worth it !

/wineout, onto the beer and an early night!

:) :)

O

old.Mick

this arguement can easily be solved..

drop all /as rules for one day and see how many ppl get pissed off and turn it off, im betting hundreds

T

Trinilim

man it sucks to be in your alliances then :p

typical alliance chat for me:

/as heya all

[alliance] 10 or so peeps saying 'hey/lo/hi trin'

/as anything going on?

[alliance] xxx 'Filth farted, nothing other than that'

[alliance] xxx 'FECKING HIBS!'

/as zerging again?

[alliance] xxx 'ofc.. they do this EVERY DAMN night nowadays!'

/as aye, gave up on emain a long time ago, odin's isn't that bad, though they're starting to zerg there too..

and that's just the first 5 or so minutes :eek7:

O

old.Glendower

lame

Getting on someones case for using a channel to report/inquire regarding enemy activity is pretty goddamn stupid.

Perhaps with 400 members in it, there are a few people in the alliance who might appreciate the information of the numbers and location of the enemy, particularly since a lot of members seeing it would be going to emain for RvR.

There is a lot of other dumbass crap that goes on in /as that you could bitch about...why dont you deal with that?

Or better yet, just stfu and let people have some fun. This is such a non-issue I cant even beleive it.

Thanks again Mythic for the pile of crap that is the chat system in this game =/.

T

tenacious_d

Guess I´ll add my little comment to this and hope I dont start to cry when people call me all kind of nasty things that I really take personal.

First of all. yes, Jozen was perhaps a bit to the point and as I have gotten to know jozen ingame, rvr and in irc he can be...weird, as in FIN weird :)

What I think people need to focus on is three elements in this discussion.
1. Jozens way of letting blade know he was spamming.
2. The cf /as rules
3. The other alliances rules compared to cf´s

1. I think Jozens comment was to the point and didnt include any STFU or FU. It perhaps wasnt so polite, but noone knows what Jozen was doing (most likely trying to get some alb of my back)
Also excuse me for saying so, I get a bad taste in my mouth when I see topics like this (why I try to avoid BW). This problem should have been sorted ingame between jozen/blade or Jozen/gm of blades guild. The motives for posting something like this clouds the problem imo, just see where it has ended.
But as the good old saying goes "du får ret jeg får fred"

2. Cf /as rules.
As it has also been stated the cf /as is very succesfull and large.
The keyword here is large I guess. In any forrm of structure that includes alot of people there need to be some sort of discipline IMO. I do not want to turn of /as, I do not want spamming in the channel about stuff that I couldnt care less about.
Yes, it may sound strict but imagine what would happen if you could say just about anything you wanted to?
As a sidenote: Is there any bad guys in Emain? is spam imo, when hasnt there been bad guys in eman? :)
Cf is just as bad as any other guild out there, often we are actually worse, but the GM and us, the grunts are trying to improve on that.
BUT, lets get one thing straight. Friendly spamming does happen and are ignored outside of primetime. People dont get spammed by 5 cf who are on duty tonight to get rid of those pesky spammers....

3. Other alliances and cf.
I find it odd that some people in this topic tries to show how excellent their alliance is and how much fun they have. Personally I find that fun in /gu, but this is just a matter of opinion.
As previously stated by someone (too lazy to scroll up) it appears all guilds are happy with the cf alliance so why dont we just all go out, get drunk and play a set of tabletennis?

O

oblivion_6

lol u uber alliances suck ass

/as spam rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Sleet

What HOF alliance guys forget..is at low and peak times, numbers range from 50-80 people a time.

The alliance we have has the benefit of allowing lots of small guilds to get together to effectively work together as one large guild.

What seems to be overlooked by some (not the CF guys as they have said this) is that this way of working, just couldnt happen for them, thier numbers make the idea silly, unfeasable and ridiculous...just wouldnt work.

Not my buisness to stick my nose in on CFs rules as thats thier call... but HoF guys need to remember...if we were the same size alliance, we would need restrictions other wise the lvl 16 group at parth looking for healer would be missed, the 10fgs of albs at nged gets missed, etc etc

An alliance the size of CF needs control and thats all they are doing.

A

AquArius

Deja Vu

With all due respect Tenacious...

Reading the initial post, then making ur comments without reading the whole thread is pointless.

If anyone else wants to bump this thread, can they please make sure it has some original content.

T

tenacious_d

Ok how do I does this in a diplomatic way..

Just wondering how you came to the conclusion that I havent read the thread?
Since what I have done here is sum up some of the problems in this thread.
Most of the BW threads need to stay focused on what the problem is, in this case that blade wasnt happy with the way Jozen told him to stop spamming.
If you have read the thread yourself, you would hopefully notice the different focuspoints.
My point?
This thread shouldnt have been started in the first place, but it was made and I tried to help it back on track.
But I just realized that I was trying to put some sense into BW.....Better go get drunk.

TenaciousD
Celtic fist

E

Elric IA

My guild is in the CBH alliance and what is true in my guild as well as a lot of others is that most people have read /as rights only rather than speak as well.

Maybe as CBH is in betweeen CF and HoF in number size we do not get too much spam in the /as channel (it is run along similar lines to CF but without the numbers).

Reports of 3fg albs at amg or help needed at hmg odins are useful messages to people wanting to participate. Other messages such as 3 infils in the gorge are useful not just to people going to hunt them down but lower members who might want to go xp at boars etc and may think twice if some uber hard level 50 might be there to take out their group of 8 for about 10rp.

Using /as to report unusal invader activity is obviously more important than the usual 10fg albs @amg but it is useful to know as you may decide to go to Odin's etc.

D

Danya

Originally posted by angrysquirrel
note to alliance - add this danyan lad to the list of "non invitable"...

note to others, dont knock it till you've tried it
note to current alliance peeps, Keep the fun coming !!!!!!!!
Gee the fun happy alliance that blacklists anyone that disagrees with their viewpoint. WOW!! I'm so glad I DIDN'T join a HOF guild if that's your normal standard of behaviour. Seriously you guys are making me feel like I would be SO welcome in your alliance, as long as I conformed completely with everything you said.

Makes me wonder who the Nazis here really are...

F

Faeldawn

Gee the fun happy alliance that blacklists anyone that disagrees with their viewpoint. WOW!! I'm so glad I DIDN'T join a HOF guild if that's your normal standard of behaviour. Seriously you guys are making me feel like I would be SO welcome in your alliance, as long as I conformed completely with everything you said.

Makes me wonder who the Nazis here really are...

Ever heard of sarcasm?

If u get this worked up over a game dude, yer gonna have a breakdown soon :) just my 2 penneth.

Peace 00t! :D

G

g0ldenbone

Read most of the thread, some decent debate (and obligatory flames :)..

Suppose it comes down to what you want from the game..

If you're serious about tightly co-ordinated manoevers accross a large alliance then a highly regimented /as is appropriate. If that annoys you to the point where its spoiling your fun, you're probably in the wrong alliance. But otherwise there can be no real alternative.. as a tool it looses all function if information cant be communicated VERY efficiently

Personally I quite like an easy going, fairly sociable alliance (which Im currently in). Anything goes at any time and if theres too much spam when Im trying to focus on something, I turn it off.

Only obvious problem is when yer guild and you have a different attitude, despite all being friends (to whatever degree).

Its all a question of personal preferance in the end..

C

Cloak_

Just wonder if its the same Blade who threw her teddy out the pram when she didnt get her own way b4 :rolleyes:

B

Blade10

Originally posted by N07ABL3
Just wonder if its the same Blade who threw her teddy out the pram when she didnt get her own way b4 :rolleyes:

Yes it is....is that u Cloak ? Ohh, u must pm me ingame, it's been a long time, we have sooo much to catch up on :)

D

Danya

Originally posted by Faeldawn
Ever heard of sarcasm?

If u get this worked up over a game dude, yer gonna have a breakdown soon :) just my 2 penneth.

Peace 00t! :D
Didn't look very sarcastic to me. As for getting worked up, I'm not, the post was slightly exaggerated for effect.

C

Cloak_

Originally posted by Blade10

Yes it is....is that u Cloak ? Ohh, u must pm me ingame, it's been a long time, we have sooo much to catch up on :)

I cant PM u ingame,, weve got each other on ignore remeber :p

F

Faeldawn

... As for getting worked up, I'm not, the post was slightly exaggerated for effect.

hehe, all that read it could just feel the love oozing out of you :)

E

Elyjah

If the CF as is so damn good, why is there no keep raids, why do we have df for all of 5minutes per week. if your so good as an /as go get some keeps in alb/mid keep them
look after them etc
sick of the constant "We`re the best" Prove it

N

Novamir

who keeps saying "we're the best"? doesn't say it in this thread imo! and i've never seen someone say it!

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by Elyjah
If the CF as is so damn good, why is there no keep raids, why do we have df for all of 5minutes per week. if your so good as an /as go get some keeps in alb/mid keep them
look after them etc

So by your reckoning cf should be the only alliance to make a effort to do something for the realm?

G

Gray-CF

Originally posted by Elyjah
look after them etc

oi numptie tard boi

dont recall anyone saying we are the best - and take a leaf outa your own book fuckhead - use some of those 470 people in the HOF best ever friendly alliance and go and do all those things you just whined about - mmmmmmmmkay :)

E

Elyjah

Hibernia / Excal is a sh*t realm, most people cant be arsed to go defend a keep, we rarely top 10people in emain (otehr than the rvr guilds) ive heard alot of flame about CF, CF Claim to be one of the best alliances in the world. The alliances very rarely ge ttogether for anything other than DF raids (which dont get me wrong are a hell of a lot of fun) but then we onbly get df once a week for 5 minutes. How about we do something for the realm, instead of ourselves. Ive considered leaving Hib recently, simply the fact theres absolutely sweet fa to, only 200people online compared to albions 400 etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom