Alliance 'Chat' ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alrindel

We've gone through this once before already when the Celtic Fist leaders threw a wobbly and decided to dissolve the alliance over too much spam in /as. At the time there was discussion in our guild as to what to do but for me there was never any question: the value of being in the CF alliance far, far outweighs the occasional irritation of bouts of public bickering and spam when some moron decides that /as is the perfect forum for whining that somebody "stole" a Legion drop (to give one example).

Thanks to the CF alliance I have been able to participate in GOA events, relic raids, relic defense, Legion raids, and all sorts of fun that I would probably have missed if our guild hadn't been in /as. Occasional spam just isn't worth getting all upset about. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I remember the first time I was playing on Palomides and I saw people in The Lurikeen Resistance alliance using /as for "22 bard lfg", "WTS: Screaming Ring" and "any tailors on who could make me AF30 cloth?" - wow, you're allowed to do that here?!? :eek6:

K

Kicks

after listening on here and talking to ppl from other guilds I must say that if I could pick an alliance and guild, I wouldnt move anywhere.

imo /as should be used in the best way possible, to pass on important information and to help enjoy the game by providing a larger range to players for contact, ask for help from and have a laugh with.

sure annoucing lvl 50 ding aint that vital, nor is sharing a joke but it sure as hell makes the game more enjoyable for me at least.

just my 2p

G

Gray-CF

Originally posted by Erekrose

Ah i see. Where are we hiding our relics again?

can you actualy read? i was not implying we have our relics - i was using the example to show how much use a /as channel thats turned off by people due to the spam is or isnt as the case may be.

And cj - thats pretty much how it is already - late night stuff isnt really an issue -

theres always going to be spam - no way to stop it - but the more it can be reduced the better -

and personly joz's pm wasnt nasty or rude - just to the point - ever stop to think maybe he was in the middle of something and just pmed quicky to say keep it of /as etc - remember he was maybe trying to have FUN to :)

C

censi

yer, but if you "tell" someone to do something you are ten times likely to piss them off over "asking" them to do something....

And I find a "hello" a good word to start a conversation to....

I actually agree with what Jozen is saying, and its gr8 we actually have someone enforcing and maintaining /as standards, but if he had been polite I think blade may have respected the point he was trying to make more.

G

Gray-CF

aye censi i know what u mean - i always try to be polite etc in any pm i send to someone over /as use

but like i said joz wasnt actualy rude - just to the point -

We do assume most people know the general rules - but i guess blade didnt - so it was an easy mistake to make - no big deal either way - at least this thread has clarified them :)

E

Erekrose

Originally posted by Gray-CF

but like i said joz wasnt actualy rude - just to the point -

Theres no room for common courtesy when your in one of the biggest alliance in the world eh?

We do assume most people know the general rules - but i guess blade didnt - so it was an easy mistake to make - no big deal either way - at least this thread has clarified them :)

Dont assume. It makes an ASS out of U & ME.

G

Gray-CF

erek after reading your post and the fact this thread has nothing to do with you - kindly take your trolling little ass and fo.

A

Amadon

<rant>
I'm sorry, but that is one of the most moronic cliche's ever made. The entire basis of our civilisation and of our thought patterns is assumption. The whole thought process is based upon generalisation which by it's very nature requires assumptions to be made. Logic in all it's apparent glory is based upon a set of assumptions, all scientific work has at it's root a set of assumptions, all communication is based upon an assumption that the person you are communicating with has the same understanding of the words that you are trying to convey.
</rant>

But yes, Jozen is not the most polite person out there, but he is funny if you don't take him too seriously :D

And CF alliance is too strict imo, but the benefit of it outways the cost too, so I'll shut up and hope my few /aspams get ignored

A

Alrindel

Gray was being polite. The more direct way to put it is that anyone who has /as privileges should already know the rules and if they don't, it's the fault of the GM who made them an officer in their guild. Or they do know the rules, but decide to ignore them - in which case their /as privileges should be removed immediately.

H

Hestetun

Xanthian =)

I did say something on /as and later when Exon said stfu Memeerf I told to Tyka "plz tell ur guys to calm down plz =) " he answerd me "shutup reject" and told him lol and then he said /ignore hestethun.

So the /as has been dissepointing the last days=( but its good /as =) :clap: :clap:

E

Erekrose

erek after reading your post and the fact this thread has nothing to do with you - kindly take your trolling little ass and fo.

So no there is no room for common courtesy in one of the biggest alliances in the world then? You must be so proud. :fluffle:

A

Alrindel

If your definition of "common courtesy" is "not being rude back to someone who is being supercilious and patronizing to you", then I guess we can do without it.

F

freemem

Originally posted by old.Xanthian
Well as of lately ive been less than impressed the way the alliance has been run.
Saying things on /as about enemy where-abouts in E-Main gets abuse, and PM telling me to shut up.
Other day was an arguement between LA & VGN, went on for a good few mins, no-one said a word, then I make a joke on /as and I get bollockins from CF.

Sounds petty but recently the alliance has been run like a Nazi concentration camp, and tbh it sucks.
Now if you want it to be run this way Jozen, I shall reply to you as Mein Fuher.

I think you need to start cutting down on lowbies that have /as that spam bullshit, rights rather than flaming ppl that use it for a genuine reason.

(ps. these opinions are of my own and in no way reflect the opinions of my guild)

Let me correct you on this LA / vgn /as stuff, there was chatgroup made about it... so dont feel bad about it :uhoh:

Some guidelines ( wich is made now on this thread ) sounds good, there is so much ppl who can c and write to /as, totally no controll of /as and it would be spam channel, and some peopple would just turn it off, and miss something important.

For original post, i dont mind to see question about emain activity _IF_ there hasnt been any reports about it for a long time, if we ever would see amg clear of zerglings for say 1 hour, it would be so big event i think all would be there to see it and have a hibernian celebration some sort :m00:

It's a game after all, spam is bad imho, mistakes happens.

--
there is issues, and there is drama

Llaw Arian pitro.com/llaw

O

Ortunga

IMO theres two extremes and both are as bad as each other. Theres the people who just use /as for anything and everything. cracking jokes and generaly being irritating, and then theres the nazis who get irate at the slightest thing and ironicaly usualy use the /as channel to complain, thus making more spam.

I find it pretty easy to overlook the occasional grats message or "2fg albs amg" kind of thing, it does no harm really (arghhh white text omg it burns it burns) its the snowballing spam that ensues aftewards that we need to sort out.

Oh and HoF.. I've got a friend that plays in your alliance and it seem to me that /as to you is much like /gu to us, which is great for you, no problem, happy for you but if we treated /as the same it would be an absolute nightmare. Please don't go getting on your high horse telling us that your way is better because it's not doing your image as the "friendly" alliance any good.

O

old.DachraK

Now stop spamming BW !!! NOW !!! FFS!!!
kthxbye!

:p

O

old.Xanthian

Wasnt a flame at LA or VGN so sorry if it read that way Mem.

It just seems that ppl that have PM'd me or members of my guild about so called "spam" seem to have double standards.

Fair enough cracking a joke on /as over what someone said could be considored spam, but what's it matter?
After all I play this game for fun, and if CF want to take the element of fun away by implying strict laws for using /as, then I would request my GM to take us out the alliance.

Seriously if you dont want to read /as turn it off.
I have it turned off on all my alts that have /as rights in my guild, as when im leveling I dont want to read chatter about emain.
But when im on my main, its nice to know the situation of the frontiers.

Whats more annoying is when someone says something on /as which isnt really relevant, is the mass of CF members that say :
"SPAM" "NO SPAMMING" "TAKE IT TO A CG FFFFFFSSSSS" etc...
Now THAT is fucking annoying.

E

elerand

and whoever said it gives the impression its about hard numbers and farming - errr NO - its about having a useful tool to help defend the realm when there is a serious threat to it -

and angrysquirrel im glad your happy with your alliance etc - but posting stuff like "out of those 3 alliances, guess which one is the best, offers most to players and makes the game FUN ?" just makes you look a cunt - seen anyone from CF here going ohhh we rule our alliance is teh best! we r teh win! NOPE - didnt think so - yes the game is meant to be fun - last time i looked my guild and i seem to have a lot of fun - and CF alliance chat is for helping to defend the realm - end of story -

Hmmm, pretty sure in my post i did mention my being informed about relic raids etc but then I'm not in the CF /as anymore, having turned down an invite when a space became available and opting for the CBH one instead.
Bet you would be surprised at how few of the people who have /as turned off miss any important news, I've never missed a relic raid or an important event as a result of it, day to day /as msgs are spam to me unless I am in rvr and I always get the important news is what I'm saying.
I've had issues with CF alliance for a long time and hope you can improve it, since I recall at one stage finding it more helpful but last time was just full of autocrats and jerks who like to jump all over other people for doing something they perceive as wrong, certainly nothing not within the rules.

Don't think angrysquirrel was exactly hitting the boast button there, think he's proud of the HOF /as and rightly so, in an honest comparison between CF and HOF spam then HOF is worse but somehow the fun of it and getting to know your alliance mates better was worth it, I turn it all off at one stage or another anyway.

G

Gray-CF

xan cracking the odd rare joke over /as at say 2am aint no big thing

in the middle of a possible relic/keep raid it aint so useful

And as for saying turn it off if you done want to read it - hmm so exactly what use would it be?

as stated above - its not much use if half the realm turn it off -

and as also stated above yes lots of people spamming after some spam is damn annoying - but for your information i dont think thats the sole domain of CF peeps.

If you feel its so bad then please do request your guild to leave - shame to lose you guys - but if you feel that way then gl where ever you go.

C

Chameleon

Oh dear, some people here have forgotten this is supposed to be fun!
There has to be some basic principles applied to /as use obviously. It's unfortunate however that some people believe it is there to serve them and if they dont find it acceptable, IT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE!.
There are far more people with their 'head up their own arses', waiting for that moment they can pm someone who made a mistake with some abuse, which makes them feel really big ..... than there are people who misunderstand what should/shouldnt be said in /as. <sarcasm>Even better, humiliate them in public by replying in /as, then you will impress a bigger audience </sarcasm>....... and hence this spam-on-spam that lots are talking about.
The right thing to do would be to IGNORE the inappropriate question in /as and make a note to ask the guild GM to reitterate the should's and shouldn'ts.

O

old.Nol

Just one thing, the cf alliance has one singularly focussed purpose...

/as Dyslexian has emain cg

When you know that line, you know everything there is to know about /as

not

/as alpha - in gorge
/as no, he's by beetle log
/as no fomor tower
/as I hate alpha
/as alpha is ucnt!
/as I see HIM I see HIM!
/as oh no, aussie killed me
/as :(
/as ok, I am going to kill alpha
/as anyone here who can rez, he was soooooo lucky...

H

<Harle>

Using common sense should not only be a guideline for as-usage, but for BW-posts, too :rolleyes:

I'll go with my favourite cabaret-performer on this one:
Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einfach mal die Fresse halten.

J

Jayce_DA

There is an Alliance Forum that can be used for this kind of stuff.

www.draconisalumni.co.uk/apps/phpbb2

You will need to register then use the available menu's to request access to the relevant forums.

There is an 'Alliance GM' forum (most Alliance GM's already talk here) and recently added is an 'All Alliance Members' forum and 'Item Trading' forum for all Cf alliance members to use.

S

StormriderX

dunno where to get the special access so I'll ask here - gimme access please :p

C

congin

amagad!

so much discussion about such a small thing... really i have seen far, far, far worse thing said in the /as. But well, i guess it's good the keep it as spam-free as possible.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by old.Nol
Just one thing, the cf alliance has one singularly focussed purpose...

/as Dyslexian has emain cg

When you know that line, you know everything there is to know about /as

not

/as alpha - in gorge
/as no, he's by beetle log
/as no fomor tower
/as I hate alpha
/as alpha is ucnt!
/as I see HIM I see HIM!
/as oh no, aussie killed me
/as :(
/as ok, I am going to kill alpha
/as anyone here who can rez, he was soooooo lucky...

LOL, nice 1 Nol :)

:clap: :clap:

Z

Ziva

Even though imho "Reports of any bad guys in emain" isn't half as worse as some spam i've seen in the past few months (it's just asking info in a funny way) my thoughts on wheter it is or isn't considered spam are irrelevant. As pointed out before... CF is the alliance and CF makes the rules and if your guild doesn't like that they can leave. I have to agree on that part.

But if Blade should learn a lesson in using /as chat im sure Jozen could use a lesson in beeing polite and respectfull. Replying the way u did ('not needed on as' and ' i don't like seeing Emain talk at all and questions about emain is just out of the question')
isn't what i call respectfull or polite in any way.

I think Jozen gets spammed about the contents of /as very often but to take your frustrations about this out on others who make a little mistake is way out of line imho. I'm pretty sure this thread wasn't made if u replied something like "Can i ask u to be a bit more specific on /as next time to avoid spam. Thanx". That's saying the same thing in a normal and respectfull way. U might wanna try that sometime...i'm sure the outcome will be far better then what u expected...

Afterall... saying something is one thing...but the way how u say it makes a biiiig difference...

A

Armolas

BTW salty is the master of /as spam, no one else need apply.

B

Blade10

Ok,

Been out of town all day, so just managed to read the discussion in full.
In the main, it was a good thread, shame about the odd flame, but i suppose u have to expect that on BW's.
There were a lot of posts i would like to comment on, but won't, cos i don't think it will serve any purpose, bar prolong the thread unecessarily.

The original text in /as 'Reports of bad guys in Emain ?', has a '?' in it, for those who didn't notice. ie, it was a question to which i'd hoped for a reply of 'zerg @ tower/amg' for instance. It wasn't a statement, which i myself, would consider 'spam'. I considered /as as a means for info regarding RvR as a whole, not just potential Relic Raids and events of that magnitude. My mistake.

Gray, Vulcan, thx for your input on the 'rules' as regards contributing to /as for the CF Alliance. Your rules, and as u say, if guilds want to be associated with u, they must abide by them.
Strict imo, but nm.

Censi, yes the attitude of Jozen didn't endear me to him.

HoF Alliance, i know a lot of u guys, so keep playing the game in the manner u do :)

Jozen, maybe a couple tips needed for u in the art of tact and diplomacy. I'm sure u have a difficult job 'policing' /as, but brain over brawn gets more respect.

As for the odd comment about if i don't like it, dump it, my guild choose to be in this alliance, i choose to be in my guild <Dies Irae>, nuff said.

Thx for all constructive posts, and i really hope /as becomes a tad more relaxed. We need to know numbers and lvls of invaders in the frontiers at ALL times, not just the status of Dagda/Lamfhota <should we ever get our Spear back /cry>

See u in game :)

B

Blade10

Originally posted by Ziva
Even though imho "Reports of any bad guys in emain" isn't half as worse as some spam i've seen in the past few months (it's just asking info in a funny way) my thoughts on wheter it is or isn't considered spam are irrelevant. As pointed out before... CF is the alliance and CF makes the rules and if your guild doesn't like that they can leave. I have to agree on that part.

Ok, debatable <Blade btw :p>

But if Blade should learn a lesson in using /as chat im sure Jozen could use a lesson in beeing polite and respectfull. Replying the way u did ('not needed on as' and ' i don't like seeing Emain talk at all and questions about emain is just out of the question')
isn't what i call respectfull or polite in any way.

I think Jozen gets spammed about the contents of /as very often but to take your frustrations about this out on others who make a little mistake is way out of line imho. I'm pretty sure this thread wasn't made if u replied something like "Can i ask u to be a bit more specific on /as next time to avoid spam. Thanx". That's saying the same thing in a normal and respectfull way. U might wanna try that sometime...i'm sure the outcome will be far better then what u expected...

Afterall... saying something is one thing...but the way how u say it makes a biiiig difference...

Spot on Ziva :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom