Rant All my chars deleted :|

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
as far as I'm aware - Levi/Deception and a rl mate have access to my main account :|

Septina does too actually but they're the only people that should have had my last pw - and I trust them not to have given it out etc
excuse the pun, sucks tbh.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I'm just curious as to why now somebody would do it - although I'm quite conscious about all the hotmail accounts and stuff that have been leaked on the net over the past few weeks so I wonder if that's related :|

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I'm just curious as to why now somebody would do it - although I'm quite conscious about all the hotmail accounts and stuff that have been leaked on the net over the past few weeks so I wonder if that's related :|

This is very worrying indeed. I hope you get this all sorted m8e. If you need any help in anyway shape or form I'll help you out as much as I possibly can.

Everz

FH is my second home
telephone customer service is completely seperate from the ingame it seems, and the phone couldn't do anything

Soul - When I said everything I meant everything - all 22 level 50's from my main acc

Spoke to a CSR ingame who told me he could Restore Zalgar/Taglim/Gravi/Apparently

necro/theurg/hunter/warlock

I obviously said this wasn't acceptable due to this being 18 characters shy and non of my hibs were back - he then told me he will investigate 4 more characters and said that was and I quote "above and beyond the service provided"

I told him having 2-3 accounts pretty much on auto renew for quite along time made this completely unacceptable, he then said to give him a list of all my character names / levels / ywain server and he'll do his best and this was a "one time thing"

also said it'd take a few days and there are no guarantees

I asked if the characters he was going to restore had gear ie my theurg he said "they should do" I logged in to check - it was completely stripped as was my warlock.

I then tried to pm him again and ofcourse he'd gone offline - made a fresh appeal and it got added to my already escalated appeal - now to wait I guess.

not looking likely to get all my chars back nor my gear, which if that's the case then i'll be retiring my account and cancelling auto-renew as I'd literally just retemplated all my characters including my nightshade which took me 4-5 hours of crafting :|

More then likely someone would have stripped your account before deleting. It sucks but thats the price of sharing accounts, I've had access to plenty others but noone bar family has had access to mine.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
More then likely someone would have stripped your account before deleting. It sucks but thats the price of sharing accounts, I've had access to plenty others but noone bar family has had access to mine.

I've just changed all my passwords :) this reminds me back when I got hacked... all characters stripped/deleted/created new characters... People are such wankers and I dont see why they would feck som1 over when most of the stuff if not everything ingame now is so easy to get.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
just had an email saying a bunch of chars have been restored at least - got rl mate checking them now as i'm at work

word is they're all naked though

Nibble

Part of the furniture
i find CSR's on daoc are useless they dont do fuck all apart from email this call this

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
well good news is....

I have all my chars...

bad news - all of them stripped down of their expensive items / plats

means I'm missing power myths from every character health myths pretty much everything expensive too all my ml10 gear

aka I now have 0 characters templated and no plats to do it again :|

will be speaking to mythic some more later but i'm not hopeful - one time drops gone too apparently - all my chars deleted and out of my guild so i assume that'll mean my house is gone too...

Aada

Part of the furniture
Trust no one not even family I know people in the past who's brothers have gone on to their account and deleted characters etc when they have fell out. Unless you have been key logged it will be one of them 2 people who have your password, sorry but its a sad truth.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Thing is its so easy to point a finger at som1.

You could look at it at this angle.

If you have close friends/family that has your login/password... it could be them that has been attacked via key logger and the original account holder's PC could be virus free and protected.

It's all ifs and buts... Cant really point the finger... obviously its suggesting who it could be.

If I were you m8e... who ever has your account details... get them to check their own PC's... So atleast you can narrow it down...

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Good thing you got your chars back. Mythic surely has logs that keeps track of trades and stuff to catch the cretin?

And to be fair, although you are very helpful ingame and sharing account to let other people use your crafters or pve. On the other hand, you only really trust your inner circle and you never know who is in their circle of trust.

On the other hand, it was not an entirely malicious attack to grief you as the guy who did it also wanted the plats.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Nah i haven't given it to anyone, i was actually on IA vent last week talking to soul and as you guys don't see eye to eye at times i made a joke about something similar to this but Soul didn't even laugh he isn't that kind of person :D

Above and beyond the call of duty to restore characters = lol btw

Also Adam if you havent run a malwarebytes http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html and Avast or AVG free antivirus scan

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Nah i haven't given it to anyone, i was actually on IA vent last week talking to soul and as you guys don't see eye to eye at times i made a joke about something similar to this but Soul didn't even laugh he isn't that kind of person :D

Above and beyond the call of duty to restore characters = lol btw

Also Adam if you havent run a malwarebytes Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads and Avast or AVG free antivirus scan

I've already checked comp and it was completely clean - fairly new desktop / installation so didn't expect anything tbh

hopefully they do have logs of trades so we can find out who / get my items back - roughly gonna cost 400p on hib 200p on alb and 100p on mid to get all my items back tho :|

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I've already checked comp and it was completely clean - fairly new desktop / installation so didn't expect anything tbh

hopefully they do have logs of trades so we can find out who / get my items back - roughly gonna cost 400p on hib 200p on alb and 100p on mid to get all my items back tho :|

Thing is m8e... YOU have all of us on FH to help you out so your not alone if you need help with anything.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Found out the character names which the items were all transferred to but mythic literally said "nothing we can do" and logged off.

so go figure, will be turning auto renew off the moment I get home methinks

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Found out the character names which the items were all transferred to but mythic literally said "nothing we can do" and logged off.

so go figure, will be turning auto renew off the moment I get home methinks

Anyone you know ?

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
yeh quit playing dumb jim they're your chars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
im joking ofc

but clearly level 1 random chars on a trial account

Blanamaire
Lahlfergo
Armelgala

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
Well if ur mail/comp havnt been "haxxed" then its someone you gave login/pwd to, oh and btw is this account i gave u the gamecard?

Everz

FH is my second home
Well its someone you know then who has jew'd you on this one. Mythic don't restore items, they'll reset the quests and such however so you can get them all again. Fun eh?

On Mythic defense whos to claim you haven't done this yourself (i'm not saying you have, but it is how Mythic would view it) and just want a duplicate of the expensive items? They don't restore items because of this.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
That sucks :(

So they know the characters where your items went to...
Cant they destroy all the items on those characters and then replace them?

Also... Cant they keep an eye on those characters to see who they are transfered too? or, put on a CM or what ever? I'm sure with todays technology thats possible, right?

I just think they are being way too lazy...

Punishment

Resident Freddy
It is easily possible, they are just being lazy as they have 200+ bugs they are currently working on and so few staff

Some of the idiots working for mmo companies atm though, work ethic is pathetic

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
yes indeed,

and everz - I can actually prove to them I was at work yesterday heh so I may speak to them again later and say that I can supply proof of this if they like then we'll see what they have to say :|

may have to buy some plats from chinks to get chars equipped again, which seems a waste of cash so duno

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom