Albs im curious...

R

Rollie_David

Originally posted by Lessurl
Can i just say, bollocks, here. :p

Had a look at how i might spec a theurgist were i to play on alb and i came up with this spec.

45 earth (for the pbt, most important thing for this class imo)
29 ice. With cap plus from items that's already 40 before you even take rr into consideration meaning you can use the baseline ice nuke.

So, this spec gives you. 6 sec pbt, 179.5 dmg dd on 2.6 sec cast for 33p (same as the basline light nuke i used to use on my void eld which worked well, the fast cast speed is nice) , single target root for rooting those pesky tanks (in a grp that knows what it's doing, i.e. dont break the root, then this is a far better defence for the mage than a crappy 9 sec stun that barely lasts anytime at all nowadays. And i've experienced the 9s stun and the single root method for defending casters from alb groups whilst playing my champ. And i'd say i'm far more annoyed when i get rooted than stunned) a 36 sec aoe root (ok might get resisted a bit and a bit short, but still nice and can be used to interupt).
I'm not going to mention the pets you get because apparently they use too much power so you wont be casting them. And before anyone talks about damage OR mana use of the dd. It uses less mana than those heals u say our wardens can do and does a hell of a lot more damage than they could ever hope to achieve.
So, earth theurgs, hardly just a pbt bot imo. There are some things u can do. So u can't do the damage of a wiz, u aint really there for damage you are there for support. If hib people thought like that there'd be no wardens. The one's who wanted to hit things would be heros and the ones who wanted to heal would be druids.

seriously do you believe this or is this a joke.

remove everything from the wardens pbt line except pbt and give him 1.0 spec, you think people in hibby would spec pbt to 6 sec.......no they wouldnt

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by Strapon Sally

remove everything from the wardens pbt line except pbt and give him 1.0 spec, you think people in hibby would spec pbt to 6 sec.......no they wouldnt
Yes they would. I use base heals anyway, and my melee's only really good for disturbing anyway. I'd have to drop parry and take less in weapons. I'd keep 16 regrowth for the better res and less variance in base heals. Exchange parry for shield and I'd go 45 nurture, 16 regrowth, 6 for taunt bladestyle, rest in shield.

R

Rollie_David

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
Yes they would. I use base heals anyway, and my melee's only really good for disturbing anyway. I'd have to drop parry and take less in weapons. I'd keep 16 regrowth for the better res and less variance in base heals. Exchange parry for shield and I'd go 45 nurture, 16 regrowth, 6 for taunt bladestyle, rest in shield.

im not talking adding shield mate im saying stripping some of the pbt skills away so that line has pbt and thats it and wardens have 1.0 spec points, i think then you would see as many 6sec pbt wardens as you do 6sec pbt earth thurgs :)

L

Lessurl

And why not? With 1.0 spec and no resists in pbt line with a warden i'd spec 45 nurture, 6 in weapon (for taunt) and 26 reg and the rest in parry (not much).

I'm not saying that wardens don't have a better pbt line with the resist buffs in there. I'm saying that it is easily viable for an alb to roll an earth theurg that can do a bit more than just stand with bubble on which is what most albs seem to make out is all earth theurgs can do.

B

Begach

Originally posted by Mavl
That only shows that you know shit about this ra

I mezz any SoS'd mincer he can run till it expires then he's mezzed wherever that is (assuming the mezz doesn't expire before SoS timer does). It doesn't prevent him from running.

If your saying that AFTER he gets mezzed THEN he hits SoS an feckall happens then say so instead of being a pedantic prick with everyone wondering wtf your talkin about ;)

B.

R

Rollie_David

And why not? With 1.0 spec and no resists in pbt line with a warden i'd spec 45 nurture, 6 in weapon (for taunt) and 26 reg and the rest in parry (not much).

I'm not saying that wardens don't have a better pbt line with the resist buffs in there. I'm saying that it is easily viable for an alb to roll an earth theurg that can do a bit more than just stand with bubble on which is what most albs seem to make out is all earth theurgs can do.

earth thurg offers VERY little else apart from pbt, you say use baseline nuke, well as an ex-runie running 6sec pbt and nuking was awful i was always out of mana after a few SPEC nukes, so baseline you will probably get 2-3 off before power starts too look bad.

L

Lessurl

earth thurg offers VERY little else apart from pbt, you say use baseline nuke, well as an ex-runie running 6sec pbt and nuking was awful i was always out of mana after a few SPEC nukes, so baseline you will probably get 2-3 off before power starts too look bad.

Similar to a warden who trys to heal. You would need to get a few realm lvls and some mana ra's before u become properly effective (serenity, mcl, etc.).
Power use on the ice dd, 33p and u can get focus for it.
Power use on the standard baseline heal for warden, 42p. No chance of focus.

So don't try to tell me you can't nuke when wardens seem to manage to get a few heals in whenever i rvr with them. :p

R

Rollie_David

Similar to a warden who trys to heal. You would need to get a few realm lvls and some mana ra's before u become properly effective (serenity, mcl, etc.).

So don't try to tell me you can't nuke when wardens seem to manage to get a few heals in whenever i rvr with them. :p

what u forget is your 1.5 spec points and chain armor :) and you can also interupt casters with your weapon as well as providing back-up heals :) oh and resist buffs

An earth thurg is probably the worst class in game at the moment for variety

K

Khalen

Originally posted by Tyka
Piety? lol ok that made sense..

If you spent half the time whining on these boards playing the game, maybe you would actually gets om rps in rvr QQ

Hahaha lol where's your guild btw? Did they turn into a pve guild now? :)

A

Arnor

I've never played a bard but i can't see the effort of pressing a key while sprinting at Speed Song 5. The duration of the insta-mezz is another question to debate, but sure it gives you the advantage and the iniciative of the whole combat, even if the mezz only lasts 20 sec.

The DELVE on the best instamezz is 31secs. With a friar in group, with body-buffs, your down to 15ish, and then the anti-mezz shit. Dont you come here and tell me it lasts 20secs.

Having played both bard and healer, I would have to say that bards do suck :(

Having only one form of cc is fucking nervewracking. With the healer I can stun, mezz and st-root. I used to think playing a healer was hard :rolleyes:

Hibs got aoe-lull4tehwin though :p

D

DroP DeaD

Originally posted by kamik
I wouldnt say anything about infil skills but im lvl 46 also with gimped stuff etc and when drop saw me he run.. i killed him in 10sec (im not shadowzerker)... gimped infil with rr4 k right - only explanation is he joins your uber zergs (soz i mean your skilled groups)

>Cough< She :p

And why wouldnt I run when stupid LA can kill me in 3 hits?

Anyway I only go for kills I want... Anything else I cant be bothered to fight or know I will lose I dont try or try to get away from... Anything I do try is always a chance... :p

S

solersor

Good question...
for example: Drop ( lvl 46 infil) Gryphon Knight o_O

Cheators?
I heard that there was some bug on US servers with outpost rps bonus ( they got like 5-9k rps as a bonus per kill orso) they fixed it very fast but...

No drop doesnt cheat.. she just goes RvR alot and doesnt xp

Y

-yoda-

Good question...

Cheators?
I heard that there was some bug on US servers with outpost rps bonus ( they got like 5-9k rps as a bonus per kill orso) they fixed it very fast but...

drop has been CONSTANTLY going to rvr since lvl40 at least.... she is 99% of the time SOLO . and camping exp spots on uppland/gorge etc etc ... im sure MANY MANY hibs and mids have killed her solo at mg's in odins or in other rvr areas where not many zergs are. and when she did group it always used to be in our guild grps ... so obviously she gained rp's ..

p.s drop also HATES exp hence 995 of her time online is in rvr ... and as a stealther "infil" she can solo red/orange casters , hence they ussually rp whores so give good rp's once u kill em :)

D

DroP DeaD

Originally posted by -yoda-
drop has been CONSTANTLY going to rvr since lvl40 at least.... she is 99% of the time SOLO . and camping exp spots on uppland/gorge etc etc ... im sure MANY MANY hibs and mids have killed her solo at mg's in odins or in other rvr areas where not many zergs are. and when she did group it always used to be in our guild grps ... so obviously she gained rp's ..

p.s drop also HATES exp hence 995 of her time online is in rvr ... and as a stealther "infil" she can solo red/orange casters , hence they ussually rp whores so give good rp's once u kill em :)

Couldnt have said it better ;) and yes those casters go down a treat :p yummie :)

Y

-yoda-

Originally posted by Aussie-
MLF:
-mids havent had a single relic for more then 2months
-best mid alliance 7e place
-best mid guild 5e place (4 in top 20)
-highest ranked mid : 12e place
-most rp's last week : 1 mid in top 20 at 9e place
-last man standing : 0 mids in top 25

strong mids on that server ^^^^

and 7 zerkers +r6 after 1,5year

velly strong server xD

Mids have the best 8man roaming group on the server on mlf :) ALL x-albs from iseult . there guild name is Albions iregulers :) 8man guild vitrually ALWAYS top of the guild rp's per week :( but seems the missed NP cos AI have recently swapped servers to HIIB/TRISTAN :( guild there now called Dooom .

K

kamik

OK

You know what Mrs(or miss) Drop...?

I like u...

why? coz if this all is thruth and i know it might be coz i also dont level my char like hell and having rvr alot why u wouldnt be a person like me :)
[if its not thruth i like u coz with higher rank u give higher easy rps :)]

so i repeat ... i like u ... looks like not all albs are idiots...
sad thing u play in alb.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

so i repeat ... i like u ... looks like not all albs are idiots...
sad thing u play in alb.

Yep, you were clever enough to go the overpowered realms...
But Albion would have been so much better with a player like you!
Regards, Glottis

T

Trinilim

Good question...

Cheators?

Drop constantly RvRs.

She got to level 45 and rvred from then on, whether she was solo or not.

She's that high of an RR because she's persistant, no cheats.

A

acei

I'm not high RR (far from it) but i've managed to get my RR in a short time simply cause i'm a cleric, i get good groups, i suppose. Plus i attend every single keep and relic take that i am informed about, i also harvest at CS when it's up (but it's not true "harvesting" sure i get RP's but i have 100% heal so it benefits my realm to have me as a rezzer at a corpse summoner :)).

I've also got quite alot of RP's in DF, i usually hunt solo in cooks room and often while hunting if mids get DF 1-2mids come usually SB's they're easy for me to kill and they give good RP's :)

B

bult

warden PBT is insta wich means they can turn it on and off whenever they need it so saves alot of power. Also nurt wardens are better at thier job (pbt) because they live longer. If they would remove everything but PBT from nurture and give wardens 1.0specc pts i would still value a warden higher then earth theurg :eek: just proves how gimped earth line is.

K

Karlo

Good question...

Thats cause Drop rvr's a hell of a lot.

I see her in rvr loads and shes gerat at it. RR5 at lvl46 aint that unusual really.

An obli. m sorry but hibs are being so hipocritcal lately, I rarely see hibs out in less then 4fg lately. Unles its the 2fg+ VGN with tagers on.

D

DroP DeaD

OK

You know what Mrs(or miss) Drop...?

I like u...

why? coz if this all is thruth and i know it might be coz i also dont level my char like hell and having rvr alot why u wouldnt be a person like me :)
[if its not thruth i like u coz with higher rank u give higher easy rps :)]

/dance another friend in enemy realms ;)

Originally posted by karlo
I see her in rvr loads and shes gerat at it. RR5 at lvl46 aint that unusual really.

I am? ;) And its RR4 :D :p

Originally posted by Trinilim
Drop constantly RvRs.

She got to level 45 and rvred from then on, whether she was solo or not.

It was lvl 40 I started :p Lvl 43 I was RR3.5 around. Then I lvled abit much ;) now 6k off RR4.3 :) Thats gonna be today :D

E

elerand

Originally posted by old.m0000
sos ? who the fuck needs sos, u got GP sos = retarded GP
air pets? learn how to use ur baseline stun and lol since each one is % cast
faith heal, like you need it with ur 70+resists and baod
insta mez > bolt range mez - and if u aint on timer then use ur insta amnesia... 2300 range.
wow 10% debuff for 15 seconds when u get a 50% debuff to ur own ranged 1500 nuke.
give 3 mage classes with 1500 range stun and quickcast not our retarded 1350 range no quickcast.
u want ablative when u already have 6 sec pbt on every warden?
necro for pve? sure they rock on undead stuff but u got chanters, chanters > pve

edit: hope i got your realm right, so hard to tell these days since you change realm every other week

Think chain stuns own castable stun on tanks, determination reduces castable stuns to about 3-4 secs, compare that to being...unable...too...get...very...far...arse dead.

Ok so it takes a lot of pets but hey we can't mez/root/stun theurge pets! :D

S

sorusi

alb is not underpowred, just an bad excuse some players like to use :p

B

bult

Elajt was rr4 at lvl 43 and there was some luri ranger ages ago with shitloads of RPs at lvl 46 or so. just fyi :p

T

tazzke

Just curious....

How is NP doing on Alb?

What do they think about it? compared to their Mid/Hib groups...

give us the + & -

N

Novamir

Originally posted by bult
Elajt was rr4 at lvl 43 and there was some luri ranger ages ago with shitloads of RPs at lvl 46 or so. just fyi :p

Hing :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom