Albs im curious...

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by noaim

No wonder albs suck really.

You know what? You're right. All albs suck. The other realms have far superior players with superior tactics and it has nothing to do with class balance. Why not leave midgard and come teach us how to play? We await your uberl33t presence...

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by Novamir
Hing was ahead of you by far til he quit ;P
umm actually he wasnt since we were in the same guild most of his rvr time and i was ahead of him o_O

N

Novamir

ok well quit being active then.

i just remember he got to 400-500k way before u, thats what i mean.

E

Eleasias

ok well quit being active then.

i just remember he got to 400-500k way before u, thats what i mean.
no he didnt o_O

A

Aussie-

Elea was so proud he made topics for r4-r5-r6 etc xD

E

Eleasias

well when he was 500k u were 300k? i remember u bragging about 300k ding :)
i was first rr5 on excal fyi! o_O

C

chosen

Originally posted by -Freezingwiz-
Stun is good mincers have instant stun yes..... but mincer dmg out put is very low ! Chanters Stun debuff u 50% and DD for 400+ that is... well don´t have words for that !

Í don´t understand how it can be a "balanced class" with pbaoe, debuff, stun, Ranged pets w/snare.... "Hippikaya we are teh caster realm etc"

/whine off...

i almost got no chance against a minc now if my purge isnt ready because they gave them 9sec stun, and i've heared they can have red con pets ?

O

old.Filip

and i've heared they can have red con pets ?

with 50 instruments yes .. but only for like 20 sec .. then they agro the minser ..

and while the minser have a pet he cant use ablative .. so why bother ..

Filip
minser of HB

L

Lessurl

Originally posted by Strapon Sally
what u forget is your 1.5 spec points and chain armor :) and you can also interupt casters with your weapon as well as providing back-up heals :) oh and resist buffs

An earth thurg is probably the worst class in game at the moment for variety

Different classes tho, u can't expect all realms to be the same.:p

Wardens can survive longer (better armour etc.) but they do really bad damage when they attack but offer some ok heals. (not that good tho as no healing ras available to them plus pbt kinda reduces the amount of heals they can cast a bit.)

An earth theurg however does more damage over a short period than a warden (as they have some decent damage fast cast nukes they can get assumin they spec the way i mentioned earlier) but die a bit faster due to lower armour factor and hps.

Btw, u can't bring resist buffs into this as i doubt if people were unwilling to take the class to 45 earth just for the pbt they'd take it to a similar lvl for some resist buffs too as both are no fun rvr as all u do is cast em and that's it.

Although i wont contest that earth theurg is perhaps the worst class in the game atm for variety. :) (excluding extremely gimp classes like enchants chanter etc.) but that doesn't mean that it's an entirely unplayable boring to play class, there are still a decent amount of things a well played earth theurg could do in a decent rvr grp. :) (do the pbt (very nice) assist the other nukers with some nice damage, root tanks off other casters, cast single target bub on people gettin hit to give them a faster pulsin pbt, etc. ). i am just trying to point out that it isn't the class most albs make it out to be. (all u can do is stick bub on then that's it type people)

I will also happily admit that alb got the short end of the straw when they got most of the main abilities for a grp stuck on cloth wearing casters as anyone with any semi-decent rvr experience has been taught to go for the casters first. (although alb have a by far better end regen with an insta cast version on a plate wearing tank, but that's one thing balanced vs mez, pbt etc. so they r still a bit behind. :) )

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Eleasias
umm actually he wasnt since we were in the same guild most of his rvr time and i was ahead of him o_O

hing was much better than juu tho anyway :p

evul luri.

G

Glacier

nerf <something><somewhere><for some reason> ffs!!!2:bore:

N

noaim

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
You know what? You're right. All albs suck. The other realms have far superior players with superior tactics and it has nothing to do with class balance. Why not leave midgard and come teach us how to play? We await your uberl33t presence...

Yeah could do that.

But can you tell me what the difference is on the alb classes here on Excal compared to those alb classes on Prydwen? I play some alb/prydwen, I run around some in rvr, and I never noticed this total gimpness the excal-albs are crying about.

And who the hell would wanna play alb/excal anyways...I have a mate who played there...haha...I have seen and I have been told how things (dont) work there, so I think I´ll stay at Midgard or if I reroll go Hibernia on this server...mainly because I dont see any point in playing same realm on both servers, and also cause I rather quit playing entirely than start playing on alb/excal.

T

tildson

Lessur, get real, Albion's pbt-line is horrible compared to others. "Rooting off tanks, provide single bt, assist with nice damage", you kidding me? :) 6sec active PBT + baseline nukes, roots AND single target BT? Probably the fastest way of burning mana if you ask me. Theurgists are a great class, but their earthline is awful. Its like comparing the utilities of the primary casters, once again Albion's is dead last. Dont get me wrong, you have a very positive way of thinking. I just dont want anybody to suffer by speccing Earth after reading this :cool:

And the Albs on this server, are the worst kinds of players i've ever seen on any server - generalisation in this case, FC, BF take no offense. A well played Alb-group can take out most of their opponents. Though, with all RA's up , Hib is the most lethal one, then Alb and last Mid.

Judge me all you want, but i think most can agree on me. And if you cant realize the Albions of Excalibur suck, well then you are one of them probably ;)

O

ormagaa

Originally posted by Vasconcelos
:m00:

More bullshit. Specially considering that 99% of the DAOC community agrees that earth specc line on theur is TOTALLY gimped, training it till 6PBT is worthless n the line needs a boost. (rest 1% must be you)

I repeat it again, try playing an earth theurg, then come here n explain us your l33t experience with it.

I don't think albion is as gimped as some try to show, we really lack balanced rvr groups. But i can't endure the fact that sum1 come here n tell us we are morons for not playing uber earth theurgs.

More bullshit again :|

Why is 6 sec pbt Totally worthless ? Can you try to explain that to me?
Or are all the players over there, like theyve said before, selfish Im teh-uber-l337 killing machine!""!111.

6sec pbt is a lifesaver. You may not notice it cause it doesnt kill much stuff, but HELPS the group to survive. And that is the most important.

Even if they added a speccline snare dd on earth, wouldnt the whine just continue of interrupts bla bla bla.

You get a good pet to send towards a caster, you have 6 sec pbt, you have somewhat less good snare dd than the runie. I would gladly have a nice pet to put on a caster than somewhat a lil higher nukes.

please when will all understand. Earth is not a gimped specc

T

tildson

Originally posted by ormagaa

Or are all the players over there, like theyve said before, selfish Im teh-uber-l337 killing machine!""!111.

6sec pbt is a lifesaver. You may not notice it cause it doesnt kill much stuff, but HELPS the group to survive. And that is the most important.

Even if they added a speccline snare dd on earth, wouldnt the whine just continue of interrupts bla bla bla.

You get a good pet to send towards a caster, you have 6 sec pbt, you have somewhat less good snare dd than the runie. I would gladly have a nice pet to put on a caster than somewhat a lil higher nukes.

The pbt-line offers nothing else than just PBT, thats the problem. Adding a 179DD snare matter-nuke would make me respec, unfortunately there already is one in Ice. And, dont you think warden's resistbuffs/heal ability/chain & runie's nearsight, aoe-snare, DD-snare, confuse > than attack spd.decrease and earth-pets?

Because thats how you judge classes in DAOC, by comparing them to the other realm's. Dont look at me, i wasnt the one starting it ;)

O

ormagaa

Originally posted by tildson
The pbt-line offers nothing else than just PBT, thats the problem. Adding a 179DD snare matter-nuke would make me respec, unfortunately there already is one in Ice. And, dont you think warden's resistbuffs/heal ability/chain & runie's nearsight, aoe-snare, DD-snare, confuse > than attack spd.decrease and earth-pets?

Because thats how you judge classes in DAOC, by comparing them to the other realm's. Dont look at me, i wasnt the one starting it ;)

ofcourse its better :)

I would kill someone for a char like that in my realm.
But the situation is still like before.

I do think I can compare by other classes that are very similar, and ppl actually play supprunies. They realize they are so much needed.

N

Novamir

the theurg earth line is still a blatant oversight by mythic. but i really hope they don't fix it now :/ imagine a regular alb group with 6sec pbt and ablative chant... :puke:

B

bult

Originally posted by ormagaa

If they added a 179 DD with snare like supp RMs have i would also respec to earth, and if they added AE DD and nearsight too i would say all other speccs would SUCK...

Imo for RM full supp is the best specc for wardens nurture is the only viable way to specc but with theurg earth is the worst specc.

earth theurgs dont have a somewhat less good snare DD they dont have ANY dd in the earth speccline! The pets arent nice at all with 6sec PBT they cost way to much power to cast and they are slow cast speed + they take time to get to thier target... Only good pets in RvR is air pets and maybe ice at MG standoffs.

Its not about beeing selfish, u say runies specc supp because they want to help the realm blabla.. its NO sacrifice to specc supp... supp is GOOD!

Users who are viewing this thread