Albs im curious...

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by dakeyras
It amazes me how a player is a 'brainless idiot' when they logon to their Alb char yet somehow get transformed into a 'highly skilled, tactical genius' when they decide to play their Hib/Mid chars.

Well when you log into Hib, you have 400 hibs educating you on how to play and think. When you log into Alb, you have 2000 morons turning you into a drone abolishing all intelligence imho.

j/k btw

B

Begach

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
In the old days, albs seemed to be able to land aoe mezzes a lot more. I thought the duration was too long on any mez, but with determination, resists and purge in the game, that should be ok now. I don't understand why bards should have insta mezzes (most bards I know still prefer the castable ones), nor why a healer is packed with instas.

Imho the game would be more fun without insta mez.

Insta mezz aint the problem. Insta mezz now with resists, determ, anti-mezz lasts no time at all. Bards tend to not use it for this reason, the result just aint worth the effort. Insta stun however changes this. Makes a castable mezz (with good duration) into an insta.

Hit stun, hit castable mezz

Thus an insta stun is a hell of alot more than just a few second stun unless it's made sure that the guy with the stun can do little else with a much larger timer to disable the player afterwards.

An yeah i use my insta's solo but rarely grp'd, normally only to get someone off me.

B.

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
Read all the way to the bottom before you reply ( ;

Actually i did while quoting but my fatty fingers pressed the submit reply by error :p

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by Begach
Insta mezz aint the problem. Insta mezz now with resists, determ, anti-mezz lasts no time at all. Bards tend to not use it for this reason, the result just aint worth the effort. Insta stun however changes this. Makes a castable mezz (with good duration) into an insta.

Mya I actually meant any form of insta CC, not just mez but also stun/root ( ;

V

Vasconcelos

Bards tend to not use it for this reason, the result just aint worth the effort.

I've never played a bard but i can't see the effort of pressing a key while sprinting at Speed Song 5. The duration of the insta-mezz is another question to debate, but sure it gives you the advantage and the iniciative of the whole combat, even if the mezz only lasts 20 sec.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by alme
When it started to last 1 sec coz of resists and determination

Yeah. Bullshit. Balanced RvR-groups have 54% heat resists (capped body, AoM2 and if we have a friar we get the 24% heat resist buff)

Only 2 out of 14 classes have access to Determination [ALB]

So you're saying 14% of the classes have access to Determination THUS your stun is useless?

If you stun anything which is not a mercenary or an armsman it will be stunned for 5 seconds. Hardly uber, but not useless.

And don't forget your most popular caster, enchanters have a heat debuff.

Heat-debuff, QC-stun, free nuking for 9 seconds, which is atleast 4 nukes for free = 4x capped dmg and we all know what 4x capped dmg does on ANYTHING.

O

old.LandShark

Well, you have to admit ohcan that it gives them 'first blood' as it were, but if you have yellow body resist buffs then it lasts a v.short duration even against targets who can't get the determinaton RA.... ~20secs max.
However that's easily long enough to kill a caster/healer or two =/

B

bult

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
why the hell not?

So you'd rather nuke (nuking against anyone with semi decent resists barly scatches anyway) than support your group propperly?

I know which i'd chose. Don't mistake your poor judgement for inadiquate abilities. Yes albion is pretty gimp in some areas, but this aint one of em imo, the way i see it, supporting the grp comes 1st (6spbt >>>>> 10spbt), the 'shitty nukes' are just a bonus.

There is a difference to beeing a support healer a support CCer etc and beeing a 6sec PBT ONLY char... Do u know what 6sec PBT requires from the person casting it? NOTHING. If you want to play a char that u dont even have to touch the keys to play you can go download progress quest. Playing a ~40 rejuv cleric is FUN playing a bard is FUN playing a supp RM is FUN playing a pac healer is FUN playing a mend healer is FUN playing a druid is FUN playing a full earth theurg is NOT.

I

iluvatur

who gives a fuck about all this shjt?

.. as a sorc im happy with the new range mezz etc. with the high magic resists now, i'd rather play against hibs than mids. it's all about how the classes are set up for engaging each other. hibs can charge with bard and ae amnesia which is nice .. but generally a sorc can qc through amnesia and spam mezz on the bard catching the whole group. ( then wait for your alb group to hesistate for 90% of the duration of the mezz.. but thats another issue ^^)

the bard will try and go castable mezz as insta mezzes are getting worse with resists etc. which leaves them vulnerable with there range.

whereas mids are led by healer/skald or whatever . there speed class is effectively a light tank so he charges without stopping to a support class and snares etc. so even with end chant they gonna have trouble getting away etc. the healers utitilty etc is really good when it comes to cc ( yes i played both) and the survivability and hp on the dorf are great. they suffer from range same as bard and will try and cast full dur mezz, but instas +chain gives them the edge.

the ONLY problem i have is the end buff.. which is rediculous imo, at least hopefully it'll be made into a chant or something that goes once the healer is dead or something. the problem with trying to protect alb casters is that if the paladin isn't twisting chants etc ( sometimes difficult in mid battle with lag, and alot dont bother) and even if they slammed etc .. in days with determination the sorc got a few secs to get away .. and has to stay in range with paladin. and if you adopt a curving run the tank will always catch you. so if you're escaping you maybe got a chance for a 1-2 casts ( mezz/root no good cos pala is probly chain hitting him intent on killing him) if they catch you bearing in mind he's probly immune to cc ( if heis not then your lucky) .. you cant get away and the zerker's got an easy job etc.

take away the end buff and i'll be happy.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by macsharky
Earth thergs are weird there the only casting class that dosnt get any decent spec spells.

summoning>all in gimpness in rvr.

I

iluvatur

The problem with random emain groups is usually there low rr,( as the older players at least try and organise something that can compete), and unbalanced and then we predictably go on the 'highways' get owned by a semi high rr mid/hib group ( and they usually got quite high utility in any group if not all), whinge whine and log when they expected to have a chance when in truth we SHOULD die. meet any proper alb group and i hope it's a half fair fight. and if they die they port back over cos they got a shot at revenge etc. the others log .. come onto BW and whinge with everyone else.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by K0nah
no, i've only played _against_ hibs and mids at hi lvl since beta and have a very good idea of thier capabilites/grp abilities :rolleyes:

how exactly do u counter aoe-stun btw? and dont say determination, at least half of an alb grp dont have it fyi.

well, tbh I think you get better grasp of advantages/disadvantages by playing in each of the realms to pretty high rr. !!!! :rolleyes: !!!!

I know albs have only 2 classes with det, BUT heres a few tips: (cant believe im actually giving albs tips on how to beat us...AGAIN!)

38 Paralyzing Glare Enemy 0s/9s/10m Rng: 1500 Area: 150 (Body) 24 power
48 Paralizing Gaze Enemy 0s/10s/10m Rng: 1500 Area: 300 (Body) 31 power

thats the 2 you'll meet, if the group has a pac healer( which not all of them do, believe it or not. and NO brommix, not every damn mid group has pac healer& aug healer etc)

now, the 38 one is very common since it allows for a more balanced character, and with 38 pac, you get <drumwhirl> 150 radius :rolleyes: if you have any idea how small this radius is, you wouldnt whine. At 48pac the radius is 300, which isnt very much of a problem if your not all standing on the same pixel as the leader.

The single best tactic against the once every 10mins ubar aoe-stun-insta: <drumwhirl> SPREAD OUT!

or ofc bolt-range mezz the healer if you see em first.

B

Begach

Originally posted by Vasconcelos
I've never played a bard but i can't see the effort of pressing a key while sprinting at Speed Song 5. The duration of the insta-mezz is another question to debate, but sure it gives you the advantage and the iniciative of the whole combat, even if the mezz only lasts 20 sec.

LOL the hib insta's NEVER last 20 seconds unless your a solo inf with SC'd body only. Try that shit on a grp with anti-mezz and decent body/determ on tanks an make that less than 10 seconds for the casters nm the tanks (assuming it lands at all). Yeah an the moron just gave the enemy a 1 min immune timer. All that shit aint worth a 5 second mezz. It's a bad thing, not a good one.

LOL you guys seriously bought into this instamezz for the win bullshit didn't ya'll.

B.

D

dakeyras

I don't think anyone doubts that instas are short duration and small radius, but where Albs constantly come unstuck is not having the quick reaction spell available.

The real pisser with the instas from my experience is when 2 groups meet the instas buy the time to get organised, whether it is 2 seconds or 10...huge advantage.

B

Begach

Originally posted by dakeyras
I don't think anyone doubts that instas are short duration and small radius, but where Albs constantly come unstuck is not having the quick reaction spell available.

The real pisser with the instas from my experience is when 2 groups meet the instas buy the time to get organised, whether it is 2 seconds or 10...huge advantage.

Man we can post all day about advantages. I think it's fairly uber having your mezzers MILES behind your other grp chars (in particular the tanks and end). I think it's fairly uber that in the same line as mezz you get a great anti-mezz buff. I think it's fairly uber that every alb grp with a mincer has an ablative as std. I think it's fairly uber that every alb grp has a proccing heal reactive as std (cleric). I think it's fairly uber the realm with the best armour has a yell AF buff kickin the shit out of any AF caps as std. Hib doesn't have any of these luxerys and i'd call it a huge advantage.

Necro absorb buff in the deathsight line usable by the grp ?

When you send mythic to get pbt moved and insta mezz be sure to request the removal of these. The first time you cast that insta I'm sure you'll find you just got screwed in the exchange even without the opposing anti-mezz buff.

ktnx.

B.

B

Begach

Originally posted by iluvatur
the great anti mezz buff AHAHAHAHAHAAH ;)

That a nervous reaction or where you makin a point ?

B.

N

noaim

I dont see Albs bringing up Friars, a healer with evade 5, almost same absorb as chain thx to a selfbuff, and that can outmelee most other tanks in the game.

What about end regen on a tank, that is one of the (if not the) best defensive tank in the game when twisting the chants correctly. Compare this to Hibernia, who has it on a healer, who gets targetted first in the fights (should be at least) and that cant defend himself even close to as good as the pally, unless the instas are up. They also have to use an instrument while doing.

And you albs whine about that the abilities is so spread out...

To get the resists you whine about, in a middie group, we need 1 aug healer and 1 aug Shaman.

Then we need a pachealer for CC. We also need a supp runie for pbt. Then we need someone to guard those healers, so 1-2 shieldtanks. Then we got 2-3 spots left for damage dealing. About the same as Albion I would say.

Hibbies are good off on that part, with pbt and resists on same char. But they lack shieldtanks if you dont count the spearos/LW-heroes that use shield for slam only...mostly Spearos I would guess since LW got Annihilation. Therefor they kill fast, but if you get upper hand, they die pretty fast aswell, at least in melee.

But it is just my pov, good players dont need perfect groups to kick ass, but it helps, unless they run into VGN, or LA when they get going :)

Ohh and give healers QC stun.

F

-Freezingwiz-

Originally posted by noaim
Then we need a pachealer for CC. We also need a supp runie for pbt. Then we need someone to guard those healers, so 1-2 shieldtanks. Then we got 2-3 spots left for damage dealing. About the same as Albion I would say.

hmmm aye but well Warriors can Spec Axe and used 2handed and Shield + 1 hand from same spec !

50 Axe
42 Shield
39 Parry

hmmm that is shield spec + 2 hand spec warrios are defensiv + offensiv in 1 spec.... if u out number them everyone go offensiv if not warriors go more defensiv..... etc...

A

alme

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Yeah. Bullshit. Balanced RvR-groups have 54% heat resists (capped body, AoM2 and if we have a friar we get the 24% heat resist buff)

Only 2 out of 14 classes have access to Determination [ALB]

So you're saying 14% of the classes have access to Determination THUS your stun is useless?

If you stun anything which is not a mercenary or an armsman it will be stunned for 5 seconds. Hardly uber, but not useless.

And don't forget your most popular caster, enchanters have a heat debuff.

Heat-debuff, QC-stun, free nuking for 9 seconds, which is atleast 4 nukes for free = 4x capped dmg and we all know what 4x capped dmg does on ANYTHING.

Since ppl are so fucking retarded i guess ill say it again.
Just for the fun of it, lets say hibs ARE SO OMG OVERPOWERED, with chanters, wardens etc etc. And those are the only reason why albs lose, have low rrs etc.
Then tell me how the fuck can our guild grps kill stuff, when we have a warden 1/10 and never ever have even 1 chanter ?

Now when u retarded albs have read this, read it again coz uve prolly missed the part where i said some important things.

B

Begach

<what you just said>

Think muppetmistress also missed the spam spam spam spam <Stunned for 15 seconds> unmezzable, bolt range bugged theurg pet bullshit which funnily enough never gets a mention on "Teh list of ubaah shit us albies have got".

Aint it nice when we stop generalising an pick on sommin specific ;)

B.

H

<Harle>

Have you ever considered that having all nice stuff on a single char can be a major disadvantage ? When the bard is interrupted/killed at the start the hib group loses:
- only form of aoe-CC
- end-regen (!)
- 50% of their base-buffs
- only char who can cure mezz

If you want to remove the same abilities from the alb-group you would have to kill the paladin, the sorc, the minstrel, the firar and probably several of their mages...

L

Lessurl

Originally posted by -Freezingwiz-
Theugist´s Earth line = 12% power cost pets, PBT & a Haste debuff ... woohhoooo ^^ /afk can´t do much....

Can i just say, bollocks, here. :p

Had a look at how i might spec a theurgist were i to play on alb and i came up with this spec.

45 earth (for the pbt, most important thing for this class imo)
29 ice. With cap plus from items that's already 40 before you even take rr into consideration meaning you can use the baseline ice nuke.

So, this spec gives you. 6 sec pbt, 179.5 dmg dd on 2.6 sec cast for 33p (same as the basline light nuke i used to use on my void eld which worked well, the fast cast speed is nice) , single target root for rooting those pesky tanks (in a grp that knows what it's doing, i.e. dont break the root, then this is a far better defence for the mage than a crappy 9 sec stun that barely lasts anytime at all nowadays. And i've experienced the 9s stun and the single root method for defending casters from alb groups whilst playing my champ. And i'd say i'm far more annoyed when i get rooted than stunned) a 36 sec aoe root (ok might get resisted a bit and a bit short, but still nice and can be used to interupt).
I'm not going to mention the pets you get because apparently they use too much power so you wont be casting them. And before anyone talks about damage OR mana use of the dd. It uses less mana than those heals u say our wardens can do and does a hell of a lot more damage than they could ever hope to achieve.
So, earth theurgs, hardly just a pbt bot imo. There are some things u can do. So u can't do the damage of a wiz, u aint really there for damage you are there for support. If hib people thought like that there'd be no wardens. The one's who wanted to hit things would be heros and the ones who wanted to heal would be druids.

B

Begach

Originally posted by Lessurl
Can i just say, bollocks, here. :p

Give that man a ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegar!!!

Alb got pwned (yeah the whole realm) ;)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!

B.

M

Mavl

Givz group purge - SoS perma GP for 30 sec + spd. To bad ure retarded mincers only use it when grp is dead so they can get away them self.

It doesnt work while you are mezzed, and it doesnt break mez, you idiot.

B

Begach

Originally posted by Mavl
It doesnt work while you are mezzed you idiot.

Yeah i keep yelling that at the mezzed mincers as they run into the distance but they never stop. HAX!!!

B.

E

Exiled

Originally posted by Arthwyr
stealth ofcourse, very usefull that if you want to be a group char. You will do uber damage too with you 20ish weapons spec

why does a group minstrel need to spec in stealth ? its possible for the minstrel to drop stealth and take weap skill, oh and chain armour :rolleyes:

M

Mavl

Yeah i keep yelling that at the mezzed mincers as they run into the distance but they never stop. HAX!!!

B.

That only shows that you know shit about this ra

Users who are viewing this thread