Albs and 5am raids..

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Im an alb and was wondering...
We getting whines all over because we crash server etc... due primetime raids.
And u all say: FFS take the relics at 5am then atleast no crash then...

But I saw hmm 1 week ago? a post called: GRATZ LAME ALBS..
wich contained about albs dooing a lame keep take at 6 am orso..

So if we would do a alarm clock raid on mids/hibs... wouldn't u flame all over us then again?

So was thinkin.. is there a way that guards get doubled during the night? or something else like this.... So it is harder to take keeps / relics in the night? (2am to 7 or 8am) ??

We all agree over 1 thing.
Server crash SUX
And most agree about 5am raids... it SUX aswel..

is there an solution or isnt there an solution?

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
you don't need 200 albs in one zone to take relics

you have more than enough numbers to pull of a relic raid, but you don't need to use those numbers all in one zone

that's the solution

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:

Fix the server so we can do Prime time raids.

And it wasn't the albs that crashed the server , it was Everyone Hib/mids/albs

and regardless , if the server doesn't crash peeps will whine about the lagg.,
or whine about the fact that 30+ fgrps where there ...

it's a loose and whine problem

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
Im an alb and was wondering...
We getting whines all over because we crash server etc... due primetime raids.
And u all say: FFS take the relics at 5am then atleast no crash then...

But I saw hmm 1 week ago? a post called: GRATZ LAME ALBS..
wich contained about albs dooing a lame keep take at 6 am orso..

So if we would do a alarm clock raid on mids/hibs... wouldn't u flame all over us then again?

So was thinkin.. is there a way that guards get doubled during the night? or something else like this.... So it is harder to take keeps / relics in the night? (2am to 7 or 8am) ??

We all agree over 1 thing.
Server crash SUX
And most agree about 5am raids... it SUX aswel..

the main problem as i see it is not getting the relics, its holding on to them when both hib/mid use alb's aparent size to justify doing 5 am raids and etc.

When they can grow up i guess we can have some relics.

Krane

Fledgling Freddie
Do a raids like NO alliance did...

They were closer to succed than herbals atempt...

With a bit of luck they wud have taken relics..

Calo

Part of the furniture
aye smart and small rr's are better then sending 400+ albs to relic keep cause u know for sure that mids & hibs wil know about it and server will crash anyway :)

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Moo said:
the main problem as i see it is not getting the relics, its holding on to them when both hib/mid use alb's aparent size to justify doing 5 am raids and etc.

When they can grow up i guess we can have some relics.
hi der

when did hib last take relics at 5am?

k thx.

mebbe grow up yourself first

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:

dunno abouth other mids/hibs but i personally wont flame/whine if you take relics at 5 am or smth :p

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
Still the doubeling (or trippeling) of guard pop at relic keeps from 2am to 7am (16pm for that matter) is not an all bad idea.

Then you would need somewhat bigger numbers to alarmclock-raid. Its not a complete fix ofc, but it MAY help. Dunno how "few" you can make an alarmclock raid with today (for albs, mids and Shroo.. hibs), but increasing the guardpop so that need a sizable force (say 60ppl+) COULD help.

It could lead to giving some legitimity(spelling?) of AC-raids ofc, but most will still find it lame, and few will try is my uneducated guess...

AND it would bee lots of fun trying desperatly to protect the Relics aganinst larger numbers while waiting for godsent reinforcements:)

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Vaar said:
Still the doubeling (or trippeling) of guard pop at relic keeps from 2am to 7am (16pm for that matter) is not an all bad idea.

Then you would need somewhat bigger numbers to alarmclock-raid. Its not a complete fix ofc, but it MAY help. Dunno how "few" you can make an alarmclock raid with today (for albs, mids and Shroo.. hibs), but increasing the guardpop so that need a sizable force (say 60ppl+) COULD help.

It could lead to giving some legitimity(spelling?) of AC-raids ofc, but most will still find it lame, and few will try is my uneducated guess...

AND it would bee lots of fun trying desperatly to protect the Relics aganinst larger numbers while waiting for godsent reinforcements:)

Best suggestion I've heard all year. If alarmclockers had to deal with double the number of gaurds, I for one wouldn't complain if they took the relics.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Vaar said:

Since you can get rid of those guards piss easy by taking some undefended keeps, its not really any solution.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
Best suggestion I've heard all year. If alarmclockers had to deal with double the number of gaurds, I for one wouldn't complain if they took the relics.

On Ardamels last alarmclockraid on albs, we took all keeps and had first relic out of RK within about 20 mins if I dont remember wrong. How exactly would double guardspawn have made a difference?

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
The relics shouild be easyer to take, so there whod be more RR. And if alb get 20 - 30 flg its not relay there foult that server crash. Is this a prob on server who got higere population then excal?.

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
On Ardamels last alarmclockraid on albs, we took all keeps and had first relic out of RK within about 20 mins if I dont remember wrong. How exactly would double guardspawn made a difference?

It MAY not. As I and TS stated. But IS it an idea worth persuing..? It may be IMO. And I think all agree that just about anything to lessen the chances of a AC-raid is good. If not this suggestion, then there are bound to be others. Make enemy relics (maybe not your own realms) ungettable from 3 am 8 am is another suggestion.Summon a static (placed by third door) night only lvl 90 aoe insane mob named AC-raiders-must-die-gigant. Equally bad ideas you may argue, but ANYTHING to make AC-raids at least more difficult. OK its will ALWAYS be doable, but make it haaaard.

My 2 cents

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Vaar said:
It MAY not. As I and TS stated. But IS it an idea worth persuing..? It may be IMO. And I think all agree that just about anything to lessen the chances of a AC-raid is good. If not this suggestion, then there are bound to be others. Make enemy relics (maybe not your own realms) ungettable from 3 am 8 am is another suggestion.Summon a static (placed by third door) night only lvl 90 aoe insane mob named AC-raiders-must-die-gigant. Equally bad ideas you may argue, but ANYTHING to make AC-raids at least more difficult. OK its will ALWAYS be doable, but make it haaaard.

My 2 cents

And who would decide what times is off peak? Should the changes take effect at a set time, or when realms population drops below a certain number?

Maybe make a teleport to relic keeps, that only works at given hours/poulation, so that you can get defense in there easier. If noone is online, tough luck, but it would increase the chance to defend most of the times. Its prolly also a bad idea tho, but its not the pve-enemies that needs to be harder/more in numbers, since there is always ways around those.

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
evial bloodstone said:
The relics shouild be easyer to take, so there whod be more RR. And if alb get 20 - 30 flg its not relay there foult that server crash. Is this a prob on server who got higere population then excal?.

Yesterday I watched lethul play on Logres with Morm Meril (old surt'rs fire members if anyone remembers), and there was a big zerg fight at amg, more ppl than I've ever seen at an excal relic raid (prolly 150 mids vs 200+ albs vs 50 hibs). His p4 with a radeon9800pro froze for over 10seconds, worse lag than at any relic raid he or I have been to, but atleast that server didn't crash... :)

And that was just a normal day in emain on that server it seemed.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
your missin the point the idea behind relics is that the mass population go to defend against the intruders, what is gonna doubling or trippling the guard spawn gonna do ? nothin tbh

if u want to kill npc's to feel great and achieved summat go do a master level or go play on co-op server in US.
alarm clock raids are bullshit, god damn npc fights what is the point, you have achieved something quite valuable by doing very little and once one realm does it the others will join in and then any sense of achievment will go right out the window

every realm has taken relics at prime time at one time or another ZERGS are not the answer

albs and mids will always have a hard time taking hibs relics because only way in is through emain or marfach and because atm ppl are levling artis both are extremely busy. alarm clock raids will kill the server.

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic in its devine wisdom has stated that its a 24/7 game and can not be expected to make AC-raids impossible. We may wish for it, but it will NEVER happen. Insted its for each communty to decide it seems. And our community seems to agree that its bad, with some exceptions. So on excal albs (in this case), do not AC-raid (in "modern" times that is, fuck what happened a year back).

HOWEVER there are some who will do. I enjoy the fruits of that every time i log on infact, beeing a mid. Suggestions here is for makeing it harder for theese.

I kind of like you teleporting Idea. It will ofc never be implemented, same as my suggestions:) TS suggestion however MAY be within lazy Mythic's reach. And it will make AC-raids a tad harder to pull off, while we all are waiting for NF.

And to the question of WHEN is peak.. Personally I find it reasonable to say 3 am as a limit of NOT peak lasting to 10 am... On this opinions will ofc differ.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Relic raids in Frontiers seem to be quite more tricky which will hopefully help...

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Amadon said:
hi der

when did hib last take relics at 5am?

k thx.

mebbe grow up yourself first
oh yeah that was mids proly, u dont need to do alarmclocks just get 30 animist to spam shrooms all around so everyone Lds as soon as they get near

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Moo said:
oh yeah that was mids proly, u dont need to do alarmclocks just get 30 animist to spam shrooms all around so everyone Lds as soon as they get near
hi der

when did hibs last take relics using 30 animists?

k thx.

p.s. get your facts straight.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Amadon said:
hi der

when did hibs last take relics using 30 animists?

k thx.

p.s. get your facts straight.
They did a relic raid with 10 animists once.

Next time you say that i'm going to whack you with my staff and leave you running back to ligen like a little girl.

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
I have no problem with albs taking our str relics at 5 am or so,that only mean that they would go defend there keeps more often :)

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
nice to see moo's back in total dumbass mode again

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Fiver said:
I have no problem with albs taking our str relics at 5 am or so,that only mean that they would go defend there keeps more often :)

Except it wouldn't, because you'd have the relics back by 6am the next day after your alarmclock squad took them. As has been pointed out a million times, once people start taking the relics every night at 5am, the whole idea of defending them primetime becomes pointless. Why bother defending when you know you won't have them the next day?

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Moo said:

We have taken so many relics with our animists...I can remember at least, oh that's right, zero.

Keep on making a cock of yourself, you sound more and more bitter with every post :D

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Ame said:
They did a relic raid with 10 animists once.

Next time you say that i'm going to whack you with my staff and leave you running back to ligen like a little girl.

FYI Hibs have never pulled off a raid with 10 animists, if we could, I would long since have taken the str relics.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
nol said:
FYI Hibs have never pulled off a raid with 10 animists, if we could, I would long since have taken the str relics.

What? You mean I won't be able to solo relics with my prdywen shroomer? NERF!!1!!!!

Calo

Part of the furniture
nol said:

i think he didnt mean this server ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom