Albion's not at its best atm, nor does this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gwy

Originally posted by Derric
I thought you were *for* this realm,and not wanted some people being "elitist" and screwing lots of people over,but I guess that doesn't go for when it's people you know. :)

If you are insinuating I 'screw people over' then I suggest you speak to ANYONE who has ever hunted with me before commenting.

As they will tell you - and there are more than a few who have hunted with me - drops are always shared evenly and fairly - i do not keep any from anyone hunting and i dont take preferential picks over them either. As for being 'elitist' this is not the case either - if someone wants to hunt and we have space then we will group them - end of story

V

vermillon

Originally posted by Derric
Silly me,I thought the items got stored because noone wanted to roll for them,but I should've known it's because Yussef is so greedy...

I always see a lot of people whining about some being elitist,and now when a guild has made it so that there are regular FFA raids in Sidi that's not good either,what the hell does it take to make people playing this game satisfied?

Silly me. I thought ppl don't roll because want to keep +10 mod points for a uber Sidi drop that will never have. Is easy to tempt ppl isn't it?

FFA raids mean that all the loot has been given to ppl after the raid, so these are hardly FFA raids. They are more like Free For Our Vault raids i'm afraid.

D

Derric

My point is that all people can't/cba doing fg raids or arranging full raids on Sidi,so I think it's great that there are 2 set days a week where casual players have the chance of getting good drops from there.
The loot system I think it's good,if it hadn't looked the way it does people would just lotto for anything and then rush off and sell it.
I may be biased (dunno if I'm using the right word here) because I myself have been on a couple off fg raids,but afaik never disrupted another raid for it.
If you disagree with the FFA raids then make your own raids with a lootsystem you think work fine,TLW is 2 times a week,there's 5 other days you can use for your raids if you cba doing it. o0

Y

Yussef

Maun: I guess you don't know how the epic dungeon repops work.

Vermillion: People choose what to spend their modifier on, they don't even need to save their modifier up if they don't want to, it's entirely up to them. If they don't want those items, then they go to the vault for people to spend their modifier on later, they are all there up for grabs. The shop system is a side effect of not selling drops. Most people wont buy them from the shop, they prefer keeping points to have a better chance at the best items. We'll probably reduce item prices and see how that goes.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Yussef
Most people wont buy them from the shop, they prefer keeping points to have a better chance at the best items. We'll probably reduce item prices and see how that goes.

Might be best tbh. So many people unhappy about the size of the vault, they have no excuse if items are cheaper to clear the backlog.

H

hathor

whooho vermillion you smary pants aye i dont think so why the hell do you think the vault is full??? aye uuu!!! WRONG again m8ty

lemme tell you because your IQ is abit lowish aye np about that more people have that, wich metal home are you from omg do they have internet there NERF.. oki here goes the vault is full because....... <drums plz> people dont role for the items on raids because they come for BP's and weapons mainly so the gloves and the rings and the bracers land in the vault thats why we have SIDI SHOP whoepy nice new thingy so people can trade items for other items isnt that coolio i thought so now plz stop saying things you gonna regret oki bb now play nice

S

shanks

Originally posted by hathor
whooho vermillion you smary pants aye i dont think so why the hell do you think the vault is full??? aye uuu!!! WRONG again m8ty

lemme tell you because your IQ is abit lowish aye np about that more people have that, wich metal home are you from omg do they have internet there NERF.. oki here goes the vault is full because....... <drums plz> people dont role for the items on raids because they come for BP's and weapons mainly so the gloves and the rings and the bracers land in the vault thats why we have SIDI SHOP whoepy nice new thingy so people can trade items for other items isnt that coolio i thought so now plz stop saying things you gonna regret oki bb now play nice

Anyone wanna translate? I dont speak ape :(

H

Heffer

Originally posted by shanks
Anyone wanna translate? I dont speak ape :(

aye it must be hard for you m8y, seeing as you dont talk ape....what do you talk? ahh yeah thats it 'bullshit' ^^

B

bigchief

Originally posted by vermillon
Silly me. I thought ppl don't roll because want to keep +10 mod points for a uber Sidi drop that will never have. Is easy to tempt ppl isn't it?

FFA raids mean that all the loot has been given to ppl after the raid, so these are hardly FFA raids. They are more like Free For Our Vault raids i'm afraid.

Do you think you could explain to me what exactly your problem is? (without flaming, being rude, bitching, whining etc)

Is it that when noone knew sidi, what to do there and so on, someone took the time to arrange bi-weekly raids to take anyone who wished to go around the dungeon?

Is it that they implemented a rules system for the raid to stop people rolling for things they dont need and will just sell for silly amounts of money? (someone on alb excal sold a sorc robe for over 15p ~~)

Is it that people who have been on a few raids and havnt won a thing will have a better chance to win something, making their time invested worthwhile?

Is it that due to the numbers involved these are the only raids where the best drops in the game (until toa anyway) have a chance to drop and anyone has a chance to get them?

Is it that people who dont have a 1fg friendly character can come along and roll for loot too?

Is it that the extra loot after a raid isnt just bundled out to anyone who doesnt really want it and is put aside with the option that people who havnt won anything for a few raids can get some of it?

Is it that people like Yussef have spent upwards of 5hours maintaining the list of loot in the vault, maintaining peoples modifiers, running a 'shop' and not getting anything for the time spent?

Is it that people with no money have better drops than people with the 100p+ due to not being able to buy the rarer items?

Is it that to keep the 50+ people who will come each raid (not the exact same people every raid ofc) they arranged it for a set 2 nights each week for some consistency?

Is it that people outside of this game have a reallife and when there was a lack of 'TLW' people around a few raids were called off?

Or something else? :rolleyes:

X

Xeanor

TLW Sidi vault only grows because there's a point system and you lose all mods if you choose 1 item...

now it would be a different story if you would only lose bonus when 2 people want an item and you gotta roll for it.... :)

G

gwy

sidi hunt

about the sidi raid that supposedly 'ruined' the TLW raid :

the FG that hunted with me were never going to be a threat to the SIDI hunt for the hard mob. we did not set out to interfere or cause upset to anyone involved - if we had, i would have gone anon and logged before anyone got there. We also started at midday, not just before the TLW raid - giving time for the dungeon to repop.

To the people who are judging AOH - even thought it wasnt a guild hunt - if you know anything of us you know we are fair - just because some people who dont know us take offence, i find it a bit sad that you can change your opinion on us on the words of other people.

To the people who are sending abuse to members of my guild - if you want to abuse someone then abuse me - it was my idea and i instigated the hunt - do NOT blame other people for my actions.

If you want to discuss this further then pm me as Gwydion or Calaviel in game.

O

old.Revz

Originally posted by vermillon
FFA raids mean that all the loot has been given to ppl after the raid.

What a load of rubbish. You mind telling me where that definition comes from?

People used to moan when LB was farmed constantly by one guild to the virtual exclusion of all others. I even got told to stop posting screenshots of it on our website because it was annoying people. Sidi is now farmed using an open system where practically anyone can attend and people still moan. Well screw the moaners :) You're only getting a chance to see the loot because Mythic messed up with their zergy PvE requirements. God forbid a guild should emerge and show you what it really means to be denied content 24/7. You would be quick to change your tune when you are on the hard end of the equation.

D

Delket

Re: sidi hunt

Originally posted by gwy
about the sidi raid that supposedly 'ruined' the TLW raid :

the FG that hunted with me were never going to be a threat to the SIDI hunt for the hard mob. we did not set out to interfere or cause upset to anyone involved - if we had, i would have gone anon and logged before anyone got there. We also started at midday, not just before the TLW raid - giving time for the dungeon to repop.

To the people who are judging AOH - even thought it wasnt a guild hunt - if you know anything of us you know we are fair - just because some people who dont know us take offence, i find it a bit sad that you can change your opinion on us on the words of other people.

To the people who are sending abuse to members of my guild - if you want to abuse someone then abuse me - it was my idea and i instigated the hunt - do NOT blame other people for my actions.

If you want to discuss this further then pm me as Gwydion or Calaviel in game.

Keymobs only drop a set item set exclusive to them, so if someone was coming for an item off one you killed youve shafted them and the others coming for the same.
Plus i kepe hearing about AOH being blamed rather than the individual....frankly if your guilded and you do something wrong, it reflects on everyone in the guild not just yourself - this is why people often go to guild leaders if they have a problem with members!

Also, this about taking other peoples words over other, i imagine a large portion of Alb has a large amount of respect for Yussef for taking his time to lead these raids hence they know this kinda stuff doesnt get flung around for no reason.

T

Turamber

Interesting post Revz, everyone in Alb/Pryd should take note. If TLW could farm the dungeon without your help they would do so. So it's not a 'realm' benefitting exercise at all, it's the realm thats handy to get them what they want.

I'm all for community spirit and working together, but being taken advantage of - and flaming someone who was acting in all good faith is ridiculous even for BW.

C

cHodAX

To the people abusing members of AoH because of all this : GROW THE FUCK UP!

As it wasn't a guild hunt you can't blame the guild and even if it had been you can't blame every single member, so leave em be and stop acting like a bunch of cocknockers.

To gywdion I say this : having your hunt 7 hours before the free for all hunt is cutting it very close and potentially wasting the evening of 50+ people. Many of the mobs in there can take the full 8 hours to pop, by starting at 12 noon it comprimises the public hunt. Now what was said between you and Soulfly I don't know but I think we all need to start acting like adults over Sidi. The public hunt takes 2 of a possible 21 slots in any given week, if people can't work around that then it is a damn shame.

G

ghoul

Turamber gives me a headache with all his bullshit :)

C

corranhorn1

Out of interest.

what happens to the people that can only make it on these 2 days and not allowed on sidi hunts as they upset someone?

What happens to people that can only make it on these 2 days but not at night only during the day?

what happens if they can only make these days and dont want to zerg it but actually make it more challanging?

You can never work it so that everyone has a fair chance of getting there, you always be making it so that some cant make it and "maybe" thats why you having this problem.

And repop shouldnt be a problem and wipe out a large hunt tbh. Get 10minutes warning roughly, plenty of time to get back to the entrance and not get wiped.

Basically i wont stand on either foot in the arguement, i got friends that stand on both side of it. Just saying that you are excluding people even if that not your intention. You cant please everyone, whining wont change what happens and most likely make them just do it again as they been there and done that so what you say wont matter, you probably already be on ignore :p

C

cHodAX

There are 4 slots left open on the days of public hunts, isn't that enough? Also the other 5 days with 3 slots a day so there isn't any excuse really.

O

[Oo]Escape

Originally posted by corranhorn1
what happens to the people that can only make it on these 2 days and not allowed on sidi hunts as they upset someone?

Does anyone like that even exist?

Find some real content to bitch about, instead of inventing these absurd scenarios :p

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
To the people abusing members of AoH because of all this : GROW THE FUCK UP!

Aye, abusing's not nice.

G

Graknak

Ppl whining about heavy job x or angry wife y and therefore unable to raid on all days but Monday and Friday primetime shouldn't be playing a bloody mmorpg in the first place, n00bs :m00:

D

Demonblade

lol imo, lol

you people really do forget to factor RL into the equation, i work an alternating shift pattern, i have a girlfriend, i have a small social life <not much of one, but i do have one>.

Because of this i have never been on a TLW sidi raid, cant make the time, because of this those other 5 days become difficult because i have to sleep, and by the time i get home sidi has already been farmed for one fg raids.

Because of this sometimes my spare time is only in the mornings, most notably mondays and fridays because i dont have to work overtime these days.

I know for a fact gwydion works longer hours than me, and his free play time is considerably less even than mine.

So if out of all this, i can find a group during the day willing to do a 1fg raid to sidi, in a game i am playing to play is that really an issue? because u couldnt farm the first three mobs? are these raids not regular? can those people who dont get the drop they wanted form those first three not go on another day? or even on the monday or friday morning, with one fg and try for those drops?

On the only two times i have been in there, with one of Fleshes later groups there have been another group in there? did they whine? no....

get some perspective people, not everyone can go on TLW raid regularly to get a modifier, not evyone has all the time in the world to do 1fg sidi raids on other days, and the number of people who like to go there in on fg far outnumbers the people who go on tlw raids, because if u do a /who sidi there is always someone in there.

These people DO pay to play, they DO pay to play in their free time and not YOUR free time, they DO have every right to be in sidi when they get a chance, they DIDN'T wipe out every mob in the place, and those three mobs they did kill will be there any one of these 5 days you are so fond of for someone else to go back and get, and yes thats right, they will be back there for fridays TLW raid.

O

oldgoblin

Rofl this!

Had to have a say, just had to
TLW have people where they want them. Why should one guild have any set times, even one hour in any dungeon? Alot of those who go on the raids arent capable of running their own so that is understandable, and it is nice of them to lead hunts so that some (some!) get a drop they want, but that still doesnt mean they can book a dungeon lol.
I say more people stop being afraid of them and go to sidi themselves (if they know how) and eventually, maybe, just possibly, we wont live under the false belief that we owe them thanks for taking up two nights a week (oh and some people work btw, so only week night slots for them).
Maybe a little communication between albs may be needed, but fairer imo than one guild 'owning' sidi for any amount of time.

Now i got start a thread: my necro is unable to do wights in barrows! Some idiot had the cheek to get there first! How dare he - this isnt a free realm!

G

Graknak

It's impossible to do such a thing due the slow respawn, you need massive raids so everyone can benefit even if it's a small profit like a mod, not to mention if you ever want to see Apoc killed again o_O

B

bigchief

Originally posted by oldgoblin
but fairer imo than one guild 'owning' sidi for any amount of time.

As has been mentioned countless times, its called a TLW raid due to the initial raid organisers being in that guild. The 'TLW' raid on monday was ran by a sotl member.

Its a realm raid, not a guild raid. Guild members of TLW get no special benefits from running these raids.

Please read a thread before commenting upon it, and take the pointless flames to the rvr discussions please.

S

shreelovesu

I wish you would all stop giving gwydion and aoh a bad name and giving them grief. When they and the others went to sidi they did no wrong.

Yes i was on that hunt too, it was a group of friends hunting together, we didnt set out to destroy the tlw hunt later on.

You say that its in albion best interest, the best interest of albion is to give items away not sell, it gives people pride to do so.

No one can tell anyone else not to go to anyplace.

Aoh are a great guild and i have known some of them for a long time, so please stop this now.

I dont go on tlw hunts, personally i dont like them. but i also want to point out that the hunts go on for hours, not all of us can play that late or work nights etc....

So lets stop all this flaming, doesnt benefit anybody !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom