Albion's not at its best atm, nor does this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SoulFly Amarok

The overall spirit of Albion/Prydwen ain't that high at the precent moment. Still, the people who can be arsed to play have to "stand" people like of <Academy Of Honour>.

First of all, this isn't the first time, they've done such a deed.

This is what happened.

I woke up and logged in my wizard to do some tailoring before the TLW monday sidi raid. Decided to do a little /who sidi, get 1 match. /send Gwydion Hi, what ya killing in sidi etc.

- Ask Gwydion -> got told, that they went there at 12pm. He also knew about the TLW raid which takes place on mondays & fridays. Also told that the repop would be at 8ish, which it probably was.

-Then I felt like oh, well, it prolly is repopped and the guys gone, so was like oknp.

-Around an hour before the raid started, I messaged gwydion and asked what were they still doing in there (slightly worried) and got told, that since he pays to play, he has every right to be there blabla and didn't care about the people who would be pissed off to find mobs down. Knowing that there will be 60ish people raiding the place with modlists and such on mondays, why go there. Also said that since Yussef, the "original" (as he put it) leader of the raids wasn't going to be arsed to lead raids

He had lied to Hathor (a member of The Last Watch) about him talking to yussef, that there was no sidi raid etc. Well, for his bad, I asked yussef, and he denied all this :)

What was mentioned too, was that they had no intention on crashing our raid, yeah, well, sure :eek:

We Entered sidi at 8.38pm gmt and went down. Stuff killed, repop probably allready happened as they'd killed the mobs alot earlier, and were clearing mobs from the corridoor leading to keylords 4 to 7.

We managed to get keylords 4,5,6,7,9,10 and all of the 4 horsemen. Thanks go to the great people we had on the raid, loot was nice, so was the pace. :I

Such honour from the "Academy of Honour".
Atleast we won't be seeing your guildmembers on TLW raids.
Obviously, you won't care, well, nor do I :spin: atleast not anymore

PS: Sorry for the bad english.
PPS: Hope we have better luck next friday.

-SF, Volunteered sidiraider & Modlist holder.

</whine>
</flame>

T

Turamber

Gwydion's a decent chap, and he is quite right - as I've been told 1,000,001+ times people pay for this game so they can play it the way the want.

/em passes SF a tissue

L

lubbock

Its a shame really, before yesterday i always knew AoH to be decent chaps, but then they try to ruin the evening for a lot of people doing the Sidi raids, and even tried to cover their asses by lying and such.

Yes i know the old rutine about not being able to book dungeons and such, but it sill dosnt changed it a rotten thing to do to the 50+ people showing up to have fun in sidi later that night.

Soulfly thx for another good raid and only good thing is that we got Bane and they didnt :)

You can all send a cry more nOOb in my direction now, just wanted to support Soulfly in his oppinions and say its a shame that AoH decides to screw so many people over, so thx for showing your true colors :(

P

pudzy

Originally posted by Turamber
Gwydion's a decent chap, and he is quite right - as I've been told 1,000,001+ times people pay for this game so they can play it the way the want.

/em passes SF a tissue

Thing is m8, -everyone- in albion knows that TLW have raids mon and fri, and -everyone- respects that, they run a great raid twice a week for everyone who wants to join. For a guild who know this, and do what they did, I'd say they should 1. change their guild name 2. make an apology or 3. foadirl. Isn't fair on the people who wait for TLW sidi raids only to find the drop they're after won't drop because the boss that drop's it is dead. Totally ironic guildname.

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by lubbock
Its a shame really, before yesterday i always knew AoH to be decent chaps

likewise. shame on AoH.

T

the_smurflord

Agreed from your telling it was out of order really. While technically they are right is saying they have just as much right as the yourselves to be there, just common courtesy would say not to be there.
All I will say is that if you're going to bar people from the TLW raids, do it on an individual basis and not tar everyone in the guild with the same brush.

B

boss_tds

Look it's all said before ... TLW owns Sidi and noone is allowed to go there on monday or friday

So flame all people who do

Its not decent to go Sidi coz outfront hangs a sign <Property of TLW>

Some people disagree

And saying Gwydion is not a decent person makes me sad ... he is one of the fairest in the whole game

I refuse to believe he lied !!

C

corranhorn1

I have had to cancel the last 4 sidi raids my alliance planned on, did we whine... no. And that means 30-50 people didnt get to go and get drop they wanted.
Yes it is a shame that they went, but they intitled to do it like it or not. Yussef words used to gwydion last time there was a whine about him going there on same day tlw wanted to was ... TLW raids are mondays and Fridays IF i can be bothered to run them.
Wasnt it 2weeks ago yussef got people to tell alliances that Sidi raid was cancelled as he was going out on the piss? Sure you decided to run it in end soulfly but it was still cancelled originally, for all gwydion knew that may have happened again so why not go incase he decided to cancel again?

Gwydion is a decent chap even if you didnt like what he done, had every right to go in, nobody has a calaim, if you dont like it then run your raid at 11am so that you in there before them <shrugs> they wanted to do something in the day. In theory working on what everyone says that it 8hour repop time then they done nowt wrong as should of been up for you, but then what people seem to fail to mention it can be 9,10, even 11hrs before repops.

Banning a guild as a whole thou due to a fews action is out of order imo, thou i guess if they wanted to go on a raid they can just disband from the guild for a few hours to get round it :p

O

old.Vae

So your saying that:
a) TLW own Sidi on Mon and Fri - I think this discussion has been had before.
b) You're upset because you couldn't farm bosses 1-3 but you could farm Bosses 4-10 and the 4 horsemen! Now that's a shame and must have been really depressing for you and hurt your loot a lot.

I've known Gwydion a long time and he's one of the nicest guys on this realm hence me finding all of this hard to believe and I personally think you're making a hell of a lot of fuss over not being able to farm 3 bosses :rolleyes:

As for ruining the evening for a lot of people the impression I get, and from knowing the size of AoH, they probably were 1fg certainly no more than 2fg so whatever happened they weren't going to take out all the bosses so I don't see how it ruined your evening. In fact maybe you should look upon it as the fact they saved you time on the raid by allowing you to skip 3 bosses and the associated mobs with them. :p

G

Graknak

Originally posted by old.Vae
blahblah

1st. they did kill Crypt Lord, who is one of the main droppers of tank items, esp things like SSA,WWS, GCDW. Despite the fact you call it saving time, theres enough ppl arround who needed either infil/tank belt from sacristian.
2nd, alot of new Sidians where really disappointed about not being able to see/kill some of the bosses.
3th It's not TLW owning Sidi but the realm, since everyone with a lvl 50 (except those already banned for various reasons) can join in with the fun, which has to be spoilt by ppl thinking this game is like D2 ><

O

old.Vae

Originally posted by Graknak
1st. they did kill Crypt Lord, who is one of the main droppers of tank items, esp things like SSA,WWS, GCDW. Despite the fact you call it saving time, theres enough ppl arround who needed either infil/tank belt from sacristian.
Then I'm sure they are perfectly capable of taking 1fg there on other days. You might also have noticed I was saying it was saving time in jest, so to speak.

2nd, alot of new Sidians where really disappointed about not being able to see/kill some of the bosses.
So they'll see them on their next raid

3th It's not TLW owning Sidi but the realm, since everyone with a lvl 50 (except those already banned for various reasons) can join in with the fun, which has to be spoilt by ppl thinking this game is like D2 ><
I'm sorry, I hardly feel that the fact you couldn't kill 3 mobs is equivalent to calling it D2. Ditto I don't think your evening was spoilt.

G

gwy

sidi hunt

just a few comment's from me :

Yes i was in sidi yesterday, yes i spoke to both soulfly and hathor. Yes we did kill 3 bosses. Yes 3 other AOH were with me.

now for some other facts that have not been told here.

i didnt say i spoke to yussef yesterday - i said i had spoken to him previously - and in that conversation he stated that 'he runs hunts in sidi when he can be bothered', to which i asked how i was supposed to know when he was running one if only when he can be bothered. So no i didnt lie to hathor.
I did say to soulfly that we pay our subs too so have every right to be there - no arguement from me on that - but as we started there in a RANDOM - not guild- group at midday the 8 hour repop should have meant the mobs repopped. We didnt deliberately set out to ruin an event and as they managed to kill 6 bosses and the horsemen i think they did ok. The reason i do small hunts in sidi is because i have limited game time available and so want to make the most of it. Doing 40+ hours of hunts with TLW to get the modifiers to earn an item does not appeal to me much.
As for banning the whole guild on the action of 4 members i find this a bit childish - how can they be held responsible for my actions? I also find it a little hard to understand how the 4 aoh members were there managed to kill all the mobs- did none of the 60 people on TLW hunt see any of the other people with me ? i wont name names as i dont want to cause them flames like this one.

in summary then - so i am banned from TLW raids in future -so be it. i would like to think those of you who know AoH will judge us on what you know- not on the words of people obviously prejudiced against us.

for those on the hunt that spoke to me civilly, my apologies if we inconvenienced you - it wasnt our intention, and for those worried about it we didnt get the ssa, wws or gcdw drops so you didnt miss out.

Gwydion

C

corranhorn1

but gwydion now you given facts as to what happened.. didnt you know this is BW. You cant give facts just whine :p

lets look at this from a netrual point of view.

1) all pay same subs.
2) all have same right to claim a mob till it is pulled
3) dungeons cant be booked
4) bw full of whiners
5) there little point in this thread
6) i wasted time posting again :)

make your own summary from that. my summary, they done nothing wrong, you just want to cry as you lost a chance of "possibly" getting a certain item on that day. You got another 7 raids a month (sometimes more) to try get it. and finally people love to whine and pretend that they really looking out for the "good of the realm"

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by corranhorn1
Wasnt it 2weeks ago yussef got people to tell alliances that Sidi raid was cancelled as he was going out on the piss?

that was ONLY my fault! I ASKED YUSSEF TO CANCEL THE SIDIRAID that friday night (as that was the night I tried to organise a relicraid)

L

lubbock

And A good raid it was Rharcyn ;)
a shame it didnt succed.

M

Myddrin

It seems to me nearly all guilds know about the TLW raids on Mon and Fri. Considering TLW are the only guys who seem to go out of their way/work damn hard to make fair raids for the entire realm it would be nice to see other guilds simply give way to them on these 2 days. People seem to banging on about 'TLW dont own Sidi!!11' but seem to be missing the point that its more of a realm wide hunt than the just TLW when they do their raids.

Just my two cents....

M

Madae

afaik a week has 7 days :eek: why can't ppl do personal raids the other 5 days exept mon and fri which are tlw sidi raids? is that so hard?

S

SoulFly Amarok

Re: sidi hunt

but as we started there in a RANDOM - not guild- group at midday the 8 hour repop should have meant the mobs repopped. We didnt deliberately set out to ruin an event

6 being from your guild and 2 from others isn't much of a "random" is it. Yes you kind of did, given the attitude in PM's clearly showed that.

Doing 40+ hours of hunts with TLW to get the modifiers to earn an item does not appeal to me much.

That's odd, because people win items over mod aswell.

As for banning the whole guild on the action of 4 members i find this a bit childish - how can they be held responsible for my actions?

I find carelessness a flaw aswell. Your friends agreed on going to sidi didn't they, knowing about the days raid. Hence cripling it.
It's atleast you who isn't going to be seen on the raids.

my apologies if we inconvenienced you - it wasnt our intention.

That's why you tell that you give a rats ass about the people, who are going to participate tonights raid.

H

hathor

oki my 2 cents in this matter

first of all TLW doesnt own sidi second of all if we are talking about a TLW raid its not because its a guild thing its about the lotto and the rules, rules that make it fair for all people who are joining these raids,
but wen some one is killing mobs in sidi wen a TLW raid is organished( try it some times ) that sux people are joining a raid because they want an item from a specific boss wen those bosses are gone we disapoint those people and waist there times imo. letting 50+ people down feels crap only because 8 other people ruined it for those 50 people.
i think sharing every thing is a good thing but 2 days out of 7 days cmon why not do your 8player thingy on a other day then monday or fryday, and last thing i want to say is yussef isnt the only one who can lead a sidi raid if he says he cba we allways have a backup leader so we dont let 50+ down.
oki thx for reading this, flame if you like i dont care tbh

hathor
ps: sorry about the english(dutch hehe..)
pps fryday raid is still on ofc

X

Xeanor

loot leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate.... leads to suffering :(

D

Delket

I agree, monday and friday is sidi for the REALM imo. Other 5 days make it a FFA to the bosses who cares but some casual players who like to tag along on sidi get shafted otherwise on these days

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by Xeanor
loot leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate.... leads to suffering :(

...suffering leads to teador o_o

B

blissy

Re: Re: sidi hunt

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok
6 being from your guild and 2 from others isn't much of a "random" is it. Yes you kind of did, given the attitude in PM's clearly showed that.

There were four from AoH, two from another, and one from his own guild. So it would seem you're facts are a little flawed!

I find carelessness a flaw aswell. Your friends agreed on going to sidi didn't they, knowing about the days raid. Hence cripling it.
It's atleast you who isn't going to be seen on the raids.

I thought TLW raids began at 7.30/8pm? Hardly think you can class that as a 'days' raid. Three bosses were killed leaving 4 - 10 for tlw, I hardly think this crippled it for you're raid.

That's why you tell that you give a rats ass about the people, who are going to participate tonights raid.

Could you provide the screen shot showing he said that? Anyone who knows Gwydion is fully aware the sort of person he is, and I have never known him to be rude or inconsiderate toward any other person.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Re: Re: Re: sidi hunt

Originally posted by blissy
Could you provide the screen shot showing he said that? Anyone who knows Gwydion is fully aware the sort of person he is, and I have never known him to be rude or inconsiderate toward any other person.

He said he didn't care about the people who would be pissed, did not actually use the term "rats ass".

And no, I can't provide you with a screenshot, as I only found 1 from the conversation I thought I had logged, It only contained one line. Hence digging it from elsewhere.

He said he had the conversation as well, he can do it aswell.

Y

Yussef

Well, people may not like the modifier system, but it does help casual and hardcore players in various ways. Anyway, TLW raids are the most consistent form of FFA raids for Sidi, they're largescale usually and the best way for people in this realm to obtain heal chest pieces and we try to avoid people flogging them, aka alienating lots of people with lack of cash. You can say modifiers do the same thing, but I've seen people with 130 mod lose on items before, so it does provide a better chance. Instead of people with my finances buying anything I like etc. Now if I truly couldn't be arsed leading raids, I would have stopped ages ago, but at present I don't need much from Sidi, so Soulfly is leading.

I'm quite capable of being able to clear out more of the dungeon with 1FG than most others in the realm, but I wouldn't do that on a day where it's FFA.

V

vermillon

Originally posted by Madae
afaik a week has 7 days :eek: why can't ppl do personal raids the other 5 days exept mon and fri which are tlw sidi raids? is that so hard?

Is bacause the TLW and all the TLW lickers unoficialy farm SIdi with their friends all the other 5 days of the week. Just do /who Sidi every day and you will find out your self. Same ppl that defend TLW raids here are the only ppl that get benefit of those raids. Everyone else just become the nessesary muppets needed to kill the high lvl key lords.
Take a look how Xfear organize Gala raids and spread the loot and you will just noticed the big diference.

QQ

C

cHodAX

First of all let me say this, TLW HUNTS HAVE BENEFITTED THE ENTIRE REALM. Slagging them off because they worked to make a regular event where anyone can get a chance of a top level item sucks beyond words. They run that hunt for everyone and rightly claim 2 nights a week, remember they often take 60 people which is far more than these small guild hunts will ever take. So drop the bullshit for a start because no one belives TLW own Sidi.

If what Soulfly says it true then AoH have acted badly, regardless of anything else they knew that was a regular realm Sidi night and that the mobs can take an age to repop. It appears that out of selfishness they went anyway.

Personally I hate TLW Sidi hunts because there is so much spam and too many /afk'ers, I prefer small group hunts and that option is fine with me. Everyone has the same option but it doesn't give anyone the right to sabotage a realm wide hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom