Albion, the friendly realm?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
They dont care because all they're after is easy rps, and to think that not long ago the fair players were the ones that were labeled as 'rp horny elitist bastards'. :)

Maybe they are, maybe most people are. But werent most of Maelstrom/Grooves rp's easy? Albeit that they ofcourse worked hard to be top of their game.

*edit
I suppose the key point is that though maelstrom/groooves rps came easily, the rps werent the primary aim, just a result of being top of their game.

Surely though, you still enjoy easy rps? I'm personally not so high minded to say that at times, I quite like 'easy rps', though overall i'd much rather wish that there was a lively full group scene going on.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Maybe they are, maybe most people are. But werent most of Maelstrom/Grooves rp's easy? Albeit that they ofcourse worked hard to be top of their game.

*edit
I suppose the key point is that though maelstrom/groooves rps came easily, the rps werent the primary aim, just a result of being top of their game.

Surely though, you still enjoy easy rps? I'm personally not so high minded to say that at times, I quite like 'easy rps', though overall i'd much rather wish that there was a lively full group scene going on.

My point is, no, we dont care about rp's, we're after the good, fair, and longlasting fights, you yourself have played much against us and know how much we add on the fair groups, CM on the other hand adds on whatever moves to milk out the rps. :p What i'm saying is, it's amusing that people whined on the fg/fair groups for being rp horny when it's those groups that actually pass on 'easy rps' that way. :)

Edit: I wouldnt call our rp's easy, back in the agramon days there were many many good groups that we had very good and even fights against, these days there are a few groups that can do that but yes, most things we fight are easy rps. But then again, we havent had a group out in over 3 weeks now and wont really happen again since both my accs are closed (probably for good this time). :)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Hope to see you out mondays and sundays anyhow Kin, just maybe try and prod the group to actually try head to head fights (because you are now good enough to actually get some pleasure out of it now I think) rather than running back to the nearest structure without even engaging.

NFD is only running a caster group, and we're just learning the ropes and well, we're a bit, erm well, ropey at the moment. Im sure most other groups out are pugish, if Maelstrom/Groove are out though then by all means, run away as soon as you see em ;)

*/general rant on
To me the old days of romantic ideals of defending your one true realm to the last are long gone - its all about now squeezing as much fun out of the end game for everyone who still logs in, regardless of realm.

That needs a little more care than the old days when it was fine to do what you wanted to whom you wanted how you wanted because the population was big enough that it really didnt matter - you could go off and fight somewhere and someone else. But now, the size of the active play area means that grief play, or grief like play cannot be avoided by the victim. Anyone who rolls someone over to the point when that person logs, isn't really welcome on this cluster imo.

Erm, what was the original thread about again? :)

eheh Crom you still manage to dump some good quality posts ( unlike Sept :D )
Well like you said it gets hard to have some fg vs fg fights like you said because everyone his roaming around the zergy areas ( bowl and sorroundings ) and the amount of archers in those areas. Ofc if i see a Maelstrom/groove or even TC group i will think twice about engaging tbh :eek: who knows we might get lucky someday ^^

Calcus

Fledgling Freddie
I though RvR meant we had to try to kill each other!!

Ive played since release but im still an RvR noob.
I solo alot with Neccy or Wiz and sometimes get a random group. But when I die, whether its 3 stealthers or a fg or a Zerg I just laugh. You could complain about fairness. Is it fair for groups of stealthers to target a solo cloth wearer. Or a FG to kill a solo but I really dont care. Its RvR and I am the enemy whether I am one of 8 or a zerg or solo. If you can hit me please do, cos I will do the same to you, cos your the enemy. I dont care how you die just so long as you do. I will hide behind objects and track you till your in range of bolts and nukes and laugh at your death. If you want fairness, if you want a level playing field, if you want the right to take your turn and demonstrate your skills then find a game that is designed to do that, cos this one is not.
Had to laugh the other day, I got a "slap" from a fellow Alb as my Abomination added to his fight. It was on the bridge near Crim T3. Hibs all over the place and a few fights on the bridge. He told me it was a duel. I did tell him that it was not a good place for such a thing but he just carried on. However if I add to your fight its tough, they are the enemy and I will try to kill them. I wont deliberately add if its an obvious 1 on 1. But if you duel on a bridge thats being actively defended then you will get added to.
Anyway just my thoughts on the matter.
Flame away!!!!!!!!!

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
I've always said Crom shud have been a politician or a priest..... was never sure which though :p

Septina

Part of the furniture
Ive played since release but im still an RvR noob.
I solo alot with Neccy or Wiz and sometimes get a random group. But when I die, whether its 3 stealthers or a fg or a Zerg I just laugh. You could complain about fairness. Is it fair for groups of stealthers to target a solo cloth wearer. Or a FG to kill a solo but I really dont care. Its RvR and I am the enemy whether I am one of 8 or a zerg or solo. If you can hit me please do, cos I will do the same to you, cos your the enemy. I dont care how you die just so long as you do. I will hide behind objects and track you till your in range of bolts and nukes and laugh at your death. If you want fairness, if you want a level playing field, if you want the right to take your turn and demonstrate your skills then find a game that is designed to do that, cos this one is not.
Had to laugh the other day, I got a "slap" from a fellow Alb as my Abomination added to his fight. It was on the bridge near Crim T3. Hibs all over the place and a few fights on the bridge. He told me it was a duel. I did tell him that it was not a good place for such a thing but he just carried on. However if I add to your fight its tough, they are the enemy and I will try to kill them. I wont deliberately add if its an obvious 1 on 1. But if you duel on a bridge thats being actively defended then you will get added to.
Anyway just my thoughts on the matter.
Flame away!!!!!!!!!

This game is what the players make it to, nothing more, nothing less. :)

Calcus

Fledgling Freddie
This game is what the players make it to, nothing more, nothing less. :)

True. But I will never complain by what means an enemy kills. Thats what enemies do. I expect on quarter, I expect no mercy. But I would not deliberately kill someone who cons grey to me. I have met some nice Mids who once saved my Mincer in the Lab twice, it was a very nice thing to do and I was most impressed. For the rest of the night they waved to me each time they saw me. Quite funny really.
However lets complain less and kill more. And come and get your Relics folks I enjoy a good defence.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
What a load of bollox haha :)

u mean

Hib SET group mainly consists of REALM RANK 11's!
Mid SET group mainly consists of REALM RANK 11;s!
Alb random group consisting of RANDOM REALM RANKS USUALLY BELOW RR 7

yeah totally fair

so not true, think we buildt a pug on alb with 4 rr11 an others rr6+ i think in less in 20 mins , an cant really be mid an hibs fault that albs only got pug's under rr7 but guess it tell something about how the albs get their rps?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I've always said Crom shud have been a politician or a priest..... was never sure which though :p

Hehe.

Well my thinking goes like this

Why am i posting when talking about parity play, play style, AC raids, soloing and all the stuff where I disagree with others on this board?

Multiple reasons but I think most of us enjoy the verbal (textual?) dueling of itself - but primarily when it comes down to it, ive decided that the reason to post, about gameplay related issues - is to actually try and persuade people to see my point of view and hopefully change playstyle (at least some of the time) to accomodate the things I like in the game - thats the outcome I actually want.

The best way I can acheive this is by trying to be reasonable, and talking to people fairly. As soon as we enter into a slanging match, or personal attacks then well, my chances of actually acheiving anything with my post becomes zero (some may argue its zero anyway!), infact it can become less than zero and end up doing more harm than good.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
True. But I will never complain by what means an enemy kills. Thats what enemies do. I expect on quarter, I expect no mercy. But I would not deliberately kill someone who cons grey to me. I have met some nice Mids who once saved my Mincer in the Lab twice, it was a very nice thing to do and I was most impressed. For the rest of the night they waved to me each time they saw me. Quite funny really.
However lets complain less and kill more. And come and get your Relics folks I enjoy a good defence.

You expect no quarter or no mercy, but doesnt it give you a smile, or pleasant surprise when you get it?

Posts seems a little contradictory, eg I wont deliberately add if its an obvious 1 on 1, but I aint complaining, that position I think is one that most people, even the parity play people hold. And yes, people dueling on main bridges must be eternal optimists, they cant really expect to hold an uninterupted 1v1 surely?

kivik

Part of the furniture
What makes a grey con enemy a non-enemy all of sudden?

Calcus

Fledgling Freddie
You expect no quarter or no mercy, but doesnt it give you a smile, or pleasant surprise when you get it?

Posts seems a little contradictory, eg I wont deliberately add if its an obvious 1 on 1, but I aint complaining, that position I think is one that most people, even the parity play people hold. And yes, people dueling on main bridges must be eternal optimists, they cant really expect to hold an uninterupted 1v1 surely?

Not really contradictory. As I said I expect nothing but its a pleasant surprise when someone is kind.

Grey con killing just is not for me, they are not there to kill me but to train usually. Get to 50 and then come fight

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
A scorpion was walking along the bank of a river, wondering how to get to the other side. Suddenly, he saw a fox. He asked the fox to take him on his back across the river.

The fox said, "No. If I do that, you'll sting me, and I'll drown."

The scorpion assured him, "If I do that, we'll both drown."

The fox thought about it and finally agreed. So the scorpion climbed up on his back, and the fox began to swim. But halfway across the river, the scorpion stung him. As poison filled his veins, the fox turned to the scorpion and said, "Why did you do that? Now you'll drown, too."

"I couldn't help it," said the scorpion. "It's my nature."

And thats why Kinetix, DA, CM will always be scorpions and why i wouldnt waste my breath trying to convince them otherwise, unfourtuanately Dyvet is the fox:(

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
A scorpion was walking along the bank of a river, wondering how to get to the other side. Suddenly, he saw a fox. He asked the fox to take him on his back across the river.

The fox said, "No. If I do that, you'll sting me, and I'll drown."

The scorpion assured him, "If I do that, we'll both drown."

The fox thought about it and finally agreed. So the scorpion climbed up on his back, and the fox began to swim. But halfway across the river, the scorpion stung him. As poison filled his veins, the fox turned to the scorpion and said, "Why did you do that? Now you'll drown, too."

"I couldn't help it," said the scorpion. "It's my nature."

And thats why Kinetix, DA, CM will always be scorpions and why i wouldnt waste my breath trying to convince them otherwise, unfourtuanately Dyvet is the fox:(

Thats like a oooooooolllddd story, and nothing more then a story, never will be foxes giving water rides to scorpions. And tbh you look more like the scorpion then CM or DA. We dont pretend to be something then do the other. Unlike you who trys to pass as a top player non adder non killing anything in sight then doing it.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Thats like a oooooooolllddd story, and nothing more then a story, never will be foxes giving water rides to scorpions. And tbh you look more like the scorpion then CM or DA. We dont pretend to be something then do the other. Unlike you who trys to pass as a top player non adder non killing anything in sight then doing it.

Jups is more than capable of defending himself, but you're way off the mark on the last sentence there.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie

Again the whole thing is lost on u because u have the EQ of a cabbage.

Never claimed to be any of the above tbh, but i wont add on solo fights or players who have respected me and the group i've ran with in the past. Rest of u scorpions deserve what u get tbfh

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
whatever, ur opinions have as much affect on me as a gnats piss has on the water levels in the hover dam

The simple fact that you mentioned implies that you have thought over the matter. Anyways..ditto.

Ging

Part of the furniture
whatever, ur opinions have as much affect on me as a gnats piss has on the water levels in the hover dam

400,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 gnats on the other hand....

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Do i need to say more?

Considering jupiter is one of the most respectable people on the server i don't think you really have a foot to stand on.

People use the same excuse against me, o0o0 you kill and add on lamers so that must mean your a zerger. It doesn't. People that deserve the respect get it, those that don't, get to go back to the gutter from where the came from. Simple as that. You earn your respect before you get any back, something you might not be able to comprehend.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
Though you don't seem to give anyone a chance to show that they "deserve respect" brad, you just zerg/add them down anyway. :D

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
The simple fact that you mentioned implies that you have thought over the matter. Anyways..ditto.

Explain to me again.

Irvr in Hibernia - You (cm) cutoff port for Mids, then cutoff port for Hibs. All this ofc when the action is at a minimum and there's hardly bin 1 Mid out.

What exactly is it you want to gain with this? And dont go bullshitting about farming for incomming, cause @ 1.30am 8 out of the 10 Hibs still around (and Mids for that matter) log cause they cant port.

Also give a straight answer, none of that Shadows/Sorin i'm a wigger and i want to be M&M shit.

Pretty please with sugar on top.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Scenario was probably that they wanted to farm rps in the way they know how - defending a tower - take cut mid port, but no mids can be arsed so they sit around like lemons for 10 minutes with no one to farm.

Then decide to try the same to the hibbies.

So they take the towers purely for their own selfish reasons, to farm easy rps within their oh so comfortable comfort zone.

I to look forward to what reasons Kin will provide.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Its little to do with the water content - its the fat to protein ratio thats important. Hgh fat cheeses melt more readily. Give me a pizza with a good english cheese any day of the week in any case.

Rofl shush Crom and get down to It to taste some real pizza ^^

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Rofl shush Crom and get down to It to taste some real pizza ^^

Burnley is the home of the pizza, youve not lived until youve had a black pudding and cheddar cheese one.

In scotland they deep fry pizza. Though scotland does have the worse rate of heart disease in europe.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Burnley is the home of the pizza, youve not lived until youve had a black pudding and cheddar cheese one.

In scotland they deep fry pizza. Though scotland does have the worse rate of heart disease in europe.

wtf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom