Albion/Prydwen from my point of view

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
This is going to be a long post. If you're not into people whining and being dramatic then stop reading. I don't think I usually post here to whine but now's a good time.

The last two days I've been ingame a lot as usual. I thought I'd share some of my experiences with you. This is not about flaming individuals but rather an attempt to portray what it's like to log on nowadays. The examples are specific but quite descriptive of what my average time online is like.

---

Saturday morning:
I log on my necro to lead Bubble's arti raid. Actually, I hadn't intended to go since I have all the artis I need, but Bubble's a friend and so I offered to lead when he couldn't. Raid goes on for 4-5 hours. After the lotto I get flak in /gu for not being fair as I've replaced a char during the raid who won something in the lotto (and also stated what 2 artis he/she was rolling for in pm like everyone else). I log off.

Saturday afternoon:
I log on to craft. I get a PM.
XXX1 sends: Want to help me with Jacinas?
Graendel sends: I'm crafting
I get some more PMs.
XXX2 sends: Can you dual log me on ML8?
Graendel sends: I'm not going
Some more PMs.
XXX3 sends: GoV is up, come with caba
Graendel sends: No thanks
XXX4 sends: Still crafting?
Graendel sends: Yes, big order
xxx4 sends: Nobody has time to help :(
I log off.

I check out the FH forums and read 8-9 posts about my regular group being crap, always adding and complete idiots.

---

Sunday morning:
I ask on /gu for good pl spots.
XXX5: Can I bring my alt?
I go to Caldey and PL my char for 25 min. Then I get tired of the spam in /as about PoC-groups and I log off.

Sunday evening:
I go to the ML9 raid even though I don't need the credit or any items from it. Thought it'd be fun.
XXX6 sends: Can you log my char and run it on stick?
XXX7 says: Afk, stuck on Graen
xxx8 says: Can you roll for me in lotto

Someone gets aggro from a bugged mob and I say I think it's cause of passing Chan. I get told to read the fucking manual.

After the ML9 raid I've decided to go do Jacinas in order for a friend to get it, as well as others getting their ml xp or credit. What I'm getting for it is 4-5 rog drops. Which I don't need.

When we're done someone asks if we're doing AT next. I've still got 20 minutes or so before I have to log so I think what the heck, it's for a friend. We get there, pull the door guards and there's a necro inside at the chests, but he's not saying anything and I can't see anyone else so I start opening chests. When we're on the Guardian the verbal abuse starts as a fg arrives saying they've been doing it for 3 hours.

I have time to think - ok cool, we'll just lotto for it, no big deal. At that point I'm triplelogging caba, cleric and necro so no time to pm or type anything.

And so I get called a fag, a ****, a reject and so on. The thought about lottoing the arti vanishes.

I get a pm from someone in that other grp and reply that they con join my bg for credit. We kill the Guardian and I pass Tablet to the guy who wanted to do it.

I don't want a flame war in the bg so I set it on listen, ignore the abusive pm I get and I swim back to haven.

I put together a cleric template for a friend to calm down.

I log.

---

The conclusion I've come to is this.

I'm not going to organise stuff from now on since I'm letting the shit get to me. I've done my fair share of raids, both as organiser and participant.

I'm not going to help people on encounters any longer. It's not worth the hassle.

I'm not going to bother reading FH. 90% of the time posts are just telling you how much you suck.

The Albion community on Prydwen isn't what it used to be and I'm grateful for the handful of people who still make it worth logging on. Hopefully you know who you are.

---

If you want to comment this feel free, but please respect my wish for this NOT to be a thread flaming individuals. If you have to tell us about something, leave the names out.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Don't let the tards get you down grae:(

Alot of what you describe is why im playing wow not cam.

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Graendel said:
Someone gets aggro from a bugged mob and I say I think it's cause of passing Chan. I get told to read the fucking manual.

Taken out of a context, however I'm very sorry mate, that was me, and not a nice reply to a not so nice accusation (sp!?).

A

Aoln

You're too nice, people are too stupid, newbs suck.

Personally i can't stand almost everyone so i just put on a brave face when they talk to me and try not to talk back much unless i'm in a mega-meight-im-on-drugs-happy-wappy mood.

Also sounds like you let people take advantage of you, nobody asks me for help in PvE, wonder why :p

GReaper

Part of the furniture
A few thoughts/criticisms. If you keep on leading or attending raids which have no value or real interest to you, then you'll probably end up burned out rather quickly.

The artifact raid, which you lead even though you didn't need any of the items. Sure, it helped Bubble who was unable to lead it, as well as the people who were on the raid. However someone else could've stepped in to lead the raid, or it could've just been abandoned for a week. It wouldn't be the end of the world if a few people were unable to roll for a few artifacts, would it?

The people asking for help may be annoying, but they can also be quite useful if you need help yourself. It's just up to you to make sure you're not taken advantage of.

However, getting a load of abuse whilst helping people sucks. :(

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
civy said:
Don't let the tards get you down grae:(

Alot of what you describe is why im playing wow not cam.

dotbots cursed i tells ya :<

Medousa

Fledgling Freddie
In my opinion u are a great player graen and if some ppl dont respect that let em just trashtalk coz its they only thing they know good.Continue the good job m8 and im sure it will get a lot better :)

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
Sad to hear this graendel, you've always been helpful to us. Maybe its time to say no more often :fluffle:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Thats what i do :(

Only help out people whov helped me/willing to help

Too many times ive done artis/ leveled people and when its my time to ask for help, its fuck off :(

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Feel with you Graendel, I'll send the pizza boy to cheer you up ;-). You know what I mean.

I have made similar experiences in the game and it always strikes one hard but I also got to know a dozen of people who are very helpful and reliable in RvR and PvE and we are a kind of a band helping eachother when we have the time and joy to do so and it's very often the time. You're one of the dudes in RvR and PvE.

A lot of the stuff in the game is about knowledge of the mechanics, talking more about PvE here now, and I am always trying to find mentors who can teach me things so I can help others to do the stuff too w/o their assistance. Maybe you should make a few macros for the regular stuff like "Level a Necro and FoP BB to 50, get someone to kite this way and it takes you 10 minutes to do so yourself" :)?

First thing I did today after ML9 was to experiment a bit and try what I can do alone now, 1h later I had an Immo Ring, think people should not be as passive as they are and rely on others so much but go ahead and try things out alone or get their act together and spread the PvE power among others by leveling PvE chars... Damn GoV can be done by a Necro and a FoP Cleric and a one random kiter and we have a lot of them in Albion.

The RvR flames... Well, I think it was not a good idea to start with a forum where people can talk individuals and groups down and the mods don't care, Mythic went the right way by not allowing x-realm communication in game and since it's not possible there a lot of people vent their frustration on the forums. Most of the crap in the RvR forums is what I call "kindergarten playstyle enforcement group", I invented the term after playing first person shooters a lot and when people lose, no matter how, they always critisise your playstyle, call you a camper (even you rushed 99% of the time, but camped in bad odds), C4 noob (even the server has it enabled) and so on.

Here we have adder/zerger/camper/roleplayer/easy-moder/fotm (roleplayer is my favourite, people using this as an insult usually have a "'I'm an idiot sign" on their heads)... After while it just got boring and I try to ignore the flame baiting trolls now.

Gorse

Fledgling Freddie
Sad to hear that you have had such hard days.
Everybody get them once in a while - days filled with unluck + tards.

One good thing though. You have some people that trust you alot. -> Can you log my char on -or can lotto to for me -etc.

Cheer up

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Dont know you since i play mid/pryd, but this sounds like classic case of you being far too nice, and people taking advantage of it. I used to be the same, if im out farming scrolls ill invite a lowbie to join for xp, they are allways delighted, but you get the odd few who insist on rolling for the rare scrolls, even tho before hand i tell em they are just here for XP, any cash that goes there way, any normal loot they get, but no scrolls, ect... If they want rare scrolls go farm em themself.

Nowadays, I tell anyone I dont know well, or I know isnt either willing to help me, or refused to help me to fuck off. Plain and simple, especially anybody named Xxwarlockxx or some shit like that, nice and simple "Fuck off you stupid muppet" usualy shuts them up with their, "hey can u PL me plz?!". "No fuck off".

Maddam Mim

Fledgling Freddie
Dear Graendel

You might not know me but i certainly know you :) im one of those you have helped a few times and one of those who have enjoyed your raid leading alot.

I have the highest respect for you, as a player and as a person :worthy:

Aye this game has too many whiners and ppl who take it way to serious, and yes after a while of listening to it, it will get you down.

My advise is, lay low. Stick with your friends for a while and do your own thing. And dont read this forum, its full is crap anyway :p

/hugs

Maddam Mim
Proud member of KoTT

Gareivil_GK

Fledgling Freddie
I was on the Arti run with you as leader, and a couple of times have tried being in groups with you, you seem like a very nice person..

Don't lets people get to you... We need more nice people on Alb

Subform

Fledgling Freddie
I'm with Gare aswell, you're a nice chap, and those people are complete morons :)

I like your curage to givf the whine here ..

Anyways, you aer teh t0p wizzeh imo :)

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to hear the shit you get Graendel.

I think your right that prydwen aint what it used to be and abusive almost seems to be an acceptable form of communication.

However their are many of us that do appreciate what you do and many of us that go back far enough to remember how the game can be played.

Although my experiences are limited with you to rvr, I do consider you one of the people that I have time for. Imo you and Evi get too much abuse about your rvr grp, which is always unwarranted. However I'm always grateful for grps spots :)

Fyi you're the kind of player that keeps people like me playing daoc. :worthy:

/respect

/bow

DavidH

Part of the furniture
What can I say.. You're one of the few true good friends I still have around in this game. Was quite sad to see the way people behaved last night around the Atlantis Tablet encounter.
You probably read the PM I already sent you right after we did AT, so please, dont let this get to you.
The trick is to simply not helping those who aren't friends. I've found out myself that trying to help everyone is a lost cause, you'll end up as a farmbot who never gets what he needs himself.

<hugs Graendel alot!>

Martok

Part of the furniture
awww man ----- Guys who ever it was / if who pisses off graendel tbh go F**K yourself tbh because he is one of the nicest people i know and he has done alot to help this realm and myself and proberly most of you @ some point.

Tbh m8 everyone is right you help enough ppl, they start to take advantage of you. my advice same as most the others ignore it, dont help ppl for a while do your own thing. do rvr get rr9 before me things like this :worthy: Or you could always come farm eoy with me and smelly get a ts channel going and im sure we could cheer you up in no time :clap:

i hope to see you tuesday night bud go relax

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
All MMORPG's are full of immature little shits.

All MMORPG's are also have nice people that you get on with, these are the people you interact with, form friendships with, guild with and spend your time doing raids, encounters and so on with.

The immature little shits are there to be /ignored and not given the time of day.

It's a shame when it gets to someone with such a good standing in the game though. Just make sure you ignore the arseholes and have fun with the nice people :)

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Here's my shameless fangirl post :)

You're one of the most coolest and nicest people I've met during the long time I've been playing this game.
(He Who Shall Not Be Named) has certainly gone down in my estimation and I know for a fact if he hadn't chosen to start the debate with "YOU'RE ALL COCKS!" then he would have gotten a chance to roll for AT, rather than spending the NEXT three hours trying to complete the encounter. I have to wonder if that group would have managed it at all ^^

You don't deserve that aggro, and you have done tons of things for me personally and the realm as a whole. Thankyou.

I wub you :fluffle:

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Please can someone PM me the name of this Nameless person :D

I_R_BIG_TROLL

Fledgling Freddie
aww Graendel :(

Im making a stand right here, right now! The next person that is wude to Graendel will get :twak: over the head from me..

Just ignore the little kiddies Grae, Do what I do, I have an ignore list that is longer than my xmas shopping list, and it works a charm hehehe

You know there are some peps you can count on mate, stick to em ;) and ignore the rest of the twakkers

wub you plenty ! remember that :fluffle:

Seqqy poops

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Well, it's not turned into a flame thread at all, more a we <3 Graen thread and with bloody good reason tbh.

I've never known Graen say no to a friend who neeed help even when it puts him out... I've never known Graen loose his temper and yell at people in game (sadly I can't say the same). I've helped out on many a raid where Graen has lead coz someone else needed something and asked for nothing in return. I've known him give away rare and expensive item to guildies etc because they needed it and he had it spare. I've seen him go to a raid for someone else because they needed raid credit and couldn't attend themselves.

I could go on but I think you get the hint by now.

Of all the people I've known and met in game over the last 3 years, Graendel is one of the best and does not deserve shit from anyone... EVER!!! :twak:

And yes, he's right about the attitude changing a lot over the last year or so. The amount of people out there who try to take advantage of anyone who tries to show a bit of decency in the game is staggering.

Whilst my friends list has decreased a fair amount over the years Graen will always be one of the main people on there. More of the fun I've had in game and progress I've made on Wisty is down to Graen than I ever thought possible and I owe him more thanks than I could ever hope to repay in 10 lifetimes in this game...

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
Please can someone PM me the name of this Nameless person :D
Probably me subconciously stalking Graendel again x<

Graendel, sounds like you go through a lot of shit ingame, but apart from helping out a lot of (mostly) ungrateful people, it seems to me that it's a regular thing now, when I speak to some 'friends' about what they're up to and how they're enjoying the game atm :x
Personally I'd be glad to get as much attention as you do, as lately my chat screen has been more or less empty apart from my own 'voice' :p

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
Personally I'd be glad to get as much attention as you do, as lately my chat screen has been more or less empty apart from my own 'voice' :p

Awww, I go outta my way to make sure I emote you and spam some random broadcast rubbish when ever I see U :p

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Dakkath said:
Awww, I go outta my way to make sure I emote you and spam some random broadcast rubbish when ever I see U :p
\o/

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Graendel said:
This is going to be a long post. If you're not into people whining and being dramatic then stop reading. I don't think I usually post here to whine but now's a good time.

The last two days I've been ingame a lot as usual. I thought I'd share some of my experiences with you. This is not about flaming individuals but rather an attempt to portray what it's like to log on nowadays. The examples are specific but quite descriptive of what my average time online is like.

---

Saturday morning:
I log on my necro to lead Bubble's arti raid. Actually, I hadn't intended to go since I have all the artis I need, but Bubble's a friend and so I offered to lead when he couldn't. Raid goes on for 4-5 hours. After the lotto I get flak in /gu for not being fair as I've replaced a char during the raid who won something in the lotto (and also stated what 2 artis he/she was rolling for in pm like everyone else). I log off.

Saturday afternoon:
I log on to craft. I get a PM.
XXX1 sends: Want to help me with Jacinas?
Graendel sends: I'm crafting
I get some more PMs.
XXX2 sends: Can you dual log me on ML8?
Graendel sends: I'm not going
Some more PMs.
XXX3 sends: GoV is up, come with caba
Graendel sends: No thanks
XXX4 sends: Still crafting?
Graendel sends: Yes, big order
xxx4 sends: Nobody has time to help :(
I log off.

I check out the FH forums and read 8-9 posts about my regular group being crap, always adding and complete idiots.

---

Sunday morning:
I ask on /gu for good pl spots.
XXX5: Can I bring my alt?
I go to Caldey and PL my char for 25 min. Then I get tired of the spam in /as about PoC-groups and I log off.

Sunday evening:
I go to the ML9 raid even though I don't need the credit or any items from it. Thought it'd be fun.
XXX6 sends: Can you log my char and run it on stick?
XXX7 says: Afk, stuck on Graen
xxx8 says: Can you roll for me in lotto

After the ML9 raid I've decided to go do Jacinas in order for a friend to get it, as well as others getting their ml xp or credit. What I'm getting for it is 4-5 rog drops. Which I don't need.

When we're done someone asks if we're doing AT next. I've still got 20 minutes or so before I have to log so I think what the heck, it's for a friend. We get there, pull the door guards and there's a necro inside at the chests, but he's not saying anything and I can't see anyone else so I start opening chests. When we're on the Guardian the verbal abuse starts as a fg arrives saying they've been doing it for 3 hours.

I have time to think - ok cool, we'll just lotto for it, no big deal. At that point I'm triplelogging caba, cleric and necro so no time to pm or type anything.

And so I get called a fag, a ****, a reject and so on. The thought about lottoing the arti vanishes.

I get a pm from someone in that other grp and reply that they con join my bg for credit. We kill the Guardian and I pass Tablet to the guy who wanted to do it.

I don't want a flame war in the bg so I set it on listen, ignore the abusive pm I get and I swim back to haven.

I put together a cleric template for a friend to calm down.

I log.

---

The conclusion I've come to is this.

I'm not going to organise stuff from now on since I'm letting the shit get to me. I've done my fair share of raids, both as organiser and participant.

I'm not going to help people on encounters any longer. It's not worth the hassle.

I'm not going to bother reading FH. 90% of the time posts are just telling you how much you suck.

The Albion community on Prydwen isn't what it used to be and I'm grateful for the handful of people who still make it worth logging on. Hopefully you know who you are.

---

If you want to comment this feel free, but please respect my wish for this NOT to be a thread flaming individuals. If you have to tell us about something, leave the names out.

Agreed, everything has become so elitistic. If you dont do everything right on the spot youre a n00b and everyone starts crying (not whining, crying)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom