Albion Efficiency & Alliance

Y

Yussef

My legion raid contained guilds from 4 different alliances and went pretty smoothly, just good planning and pestering will ensure success in any goal.

K

kr0n

SotL and LoE generally keep to themselves. Only when they need additional support, will other guilds get a look in. That's the type of attitude which causes unrest throughout Albion. Players want to be out there as part of a team, not to fill the numbers. If you're talking about leadership, the new alliance will call people when needed, with a 'fuck them - if not needed' attitude. hmmm, sounds strangely familiar, even when in the Unity(alliance).

Well its true? Why bring 1000 when you can do it with 100? Why share with 1000 when you can share with 100? We're not good samaritans here... We playe for ourselves, and I personally dont get kicks outta helping people...

We're better off on our own... Less hassle, more action.

V

vayasen

Hmm.

Cant help but feel a little disgruntled with how some peopel talk about LOE....a guild I have run for over 6 years.

Barring probably 2 peoeplon thsi server, who I genuinely dislike (due to lies and pure BS that they talk), I honestly consider that I have helped MANY albs in having fun or just helped in small ways.

How many people can say they have messaged me for something and I have turned round unwilling to try help?

1 - I run LOE to have fun myself and to have its members have fun.

2- Other peopel in games want to have fun. If they as individuals see themselves having more of the 'good stuff' in LOE...do I say 'sod off u unloyal git'....or do we screen them as best possible and join them up if they seem decent people?.

Im not about to have an embargo on LOE recruitment, just because other guilds dont put some hard work in. YES...hard work. Did u know that over a period of 3 weeks... LOE had an event EVERY SINGLE night. It was bloody hard for me....but that is what peopelwanted......it was FUN.

I agree with what Gen poster says somewhat in that peopel often show little loyalty to their initial guilds....whci can be very frustrating......but its not my job to police other guilds and to try implore a sense of security with other guilds throughout the realm.

This thread has goen way off track from my initial post (makes a change eh).

Does any1 recall a Dragon hunt which I organised a few months ago (the one where we had it to 5%). I spent everynight for a week trying to ensure every singel guild in albion had an invite AND a brief on their squad number /tactics etc. I spent nights just talking to peoepl to make sure even guilds with 2 or 3 members got in on the act. I did this out of pure willingness to see all of our realm have a laugh and a pop at the beast.

Makes it all the more frustrating to see peoepl brush u off as some1 who is after RPS and dosnt give a toss for the rest of the realm.

O

old.windforce

Originally posted by kr0n
OK, this aint pretty but this is how I see things.

Unity. Sucked. Badly.

I dont blame anyone perticulary, 'cause I know all in the alliance were guilty.
I remember Nilo saying once, (Not a exact quote) "I hate this thumbrolling"... Talking much but not enough actions. Loads of nominations but then they never did anything, except occasional "keep retakes" or something as vain.

Strong, experience leaders is something we all need. Democracy doesnt take nearly as far in war the Monarchy/similar. Someone who knows what he's doing, how to do it and above all, get others to do as said. Thats the hardest part.

The problem is, even if alb had loads of dedicated players, they lack the leadership. There are plenty of wannabe leaders who actually dont have a clue how to act, talk or organise. TBH, I think Nilo was one who actually could do these things. Plenty of other people, currently in lead positions are trying to, but just lack the skills to do it. Its not an easy job, I know.

IMO, SotL and LoE leaving Unity was for good. We all know, both guilds are two of the most powerful guilds in the Realm. You cant deny that. I got the feeling we were contributing alot more in common events such as Relic Raids etc, mostly organised by us. We left the rest in our shadow so to speak. Now that were gone, Unity has, I repeat has to organise things themselves. I heard they took out Legion already, good well done... Continue that route, It'll take you far.

P.S. If I dont make sense at some point, blame 5am.
P.P.S My views are not SotL's views, Im not SotLs spokesman, these are my personal views.

:puke: arrogance:puke:
i am disgusted
not with sotl / loe
ce le tune qui fait le music (spelling not my best thingy)
and this is very ugly

Originally posted by Generic Poster

/gu DING! lv50!!! DD

/gu I love you guys, I really do. But now I'm off for some real fun with UberGuild #98723.
/gu I am too stupid to comprehend my actions. My excuse that there isn't enough action in this guild, which is largely down to our former lv50s leaving, and because our following lv50s will leave also, this guild will never take off because you recruited a load off ungratefull motherfu
/gu FUCK!!! ran out of space and chopped half my fucking message. I repeat, my actions are that of an idoit and I will never understand the concepts of friendship and loyalty. I'm off to meet like minded players and because there are soo many of us, we will be teh Uber! OMG! EMAIN ZZERG, HERE I COME!!!

/gc quit

This is exactly the reason why sOtl is strong. They recruit strong players
don't bullshit me about brilliant leadership

O

old.Revz

Originally posted by old.windforce
This is exactly the reason why sOtl is strong. They recruit strong players don't bullshit me about brilliant leadership

I don't quite see how that works. Everyone started with nothing : no guild had any better chance at the start than any other. It might not have been "brilliant leadership" but it was better than anyone elses or there would be some other guild up at the top instead.

Credit where it is due please. You have to get yourself into the position of people wanting to join before it all magically happens. That takes a lot more hard work than nearly anyone would realise (including you it seems). Conversely if it is so easy why don't I see you doing it instead of complaining about it?

J

jarade

Just a few points.

Firstly...

{ Well its true? Why bring 1000 when you can do it with 100? Why share with 1000 when you can share with 100? We're not good samaritans here... We playe for ourselves, and I personally dont get kicks outta helping people...

We're better off on our own... Less hassle, more action.} <---Quote from Kr0n

I sincearly hope that is a personal view, and not a guild view, as i think you are a selfish ass, this is a team game not a solo game, if you dont like helping other people bugger off and play an offline game.

I agree that alot of people tend to sod there original guilds and join larger guilds at lvl 50 which i think is selfish, and doesnt deserve any respect. I agree with Generic Poster with that i also woudnt join a guild at lvl 50 that refused me at lvl 30.

I aslo agree that SOTL - LoE and other large guilds deserve respect for attaining the amount of members they have, i have alot of friends in both guilds, but i have also met people from both guilds who dont know bugger all about the game and dont deserve any respect, they are just leaching in larger guilds. {I wont mention any names}.

I do believe that Albion needs more Unity as a whole... it wont work for certain guilds/Alliances to go off on there own... we want to be the best realm so lets act like it... and do something about it, instead of having rag tag groups running round in RvR getting them selves slaughtered. Yes we have some excelent leaders in Albion, some of them i have met wouldnt get a look in due to the guild they are in/ lvl of character etc. even though i would follow them more than i would follow some people that do get listened to.

This game isnt about which guild can become the largest or have the most high lvl characters, its about team work, which should involve the netire realm not a select few... in my oppinion all it would take to organise a realm wide alliance is a little time/patience/effort and willingness by the people that play the realm.

This isnt rambling of someone that knows nothing... i myself have run a guild for over 4 years, admitedly i believe the guild has run its course, and wasnt meant for DAOC, but in its prime it had over 200 members.... i know about leadership and the hard work that comes with it.... so i know it wouldnt be like clicking your fingers to create a realm wide alliance.

I hope people understand this post, its not all that late but i am drunk.

Jarade - lvl 50 Paladin
Hazard - lvl 30 Wizard
Yellow - lvl 22 Minstrel

K

Krissy

Strong guilds are all about leadership tbh.

If u dont haev a strong leader that is NOT scared to step on some toes then ur guild is more than likly to not go anywhere.

SotL afaik has this STRONG leadership and saying there leadership means nothing due to there recrutment is crap.

SotL do not recrute everyone there forums conferms this, thast leadership taking who the guild needs and now just hovering up everyone. leadership keeping ppl happy with events and organisasion, its not magic that sorts a guild as i know myself.

Guilds dont just apear and become the best of the best by sitting around drinking tea or recruting the highest lvls u can find, its alla bout leadership and how they use there power.

K

kr0n

I sincearly hope that is a personal view, and not a guild view, as i think you are a selfish ass, this is a team game not a solo game, if you dont like helping other people bugger off and play an offline game.

I payed for this game, I play this game how the fuck I want to and no one can tell me how the fuck Im supposed to play this game. I didnt agree on any contract to "Always help the poor sods who cant do stuff themselves" or "Always be nice to people".

Call me a twat or similar, I play this game as I want to play.

J

jarade

Hmm

Thats very nice, but im afraid with that kind of attitude, your not likely to get help if you ever need it your self, yes i know its a game, i know people pay to play it... but politeness never hurt anyone, all my point was is that this is a team game not a solo game... which means people work together to help each other if needed.

J

Jenkz

"it wont work for certain guilds/Alliances to go off on there own... we want to be the best realm so lets act like it... and do something about it, instead of having rag tag groups running round in RvR getting them selves slaughtered."

surely it is for a guild, or group of friends or regular players to sort out how they group/play in RvR, not an alliance. sotl are not successful in RvR due to any old, current, or future alliance - it's how they work together.

an alliance is for the overall organisation of, and cooperation in, RvR.

the point of this thread was to do with having an albion-wide event, not really anything to do with sotl/loe recruitment or policies/philosophies of some of their members.

bottom line is that albion as it stands cannot agree on an individual alliance, and just because sotl/loe dont want/need to be part of the realm wide alliance doesnt make them evil, or "twats" or anything else - its their choice, and no doubt there are many many reasons why they, and other guilds out there, dont want to be part of a realm wide "sit down and talk, do very little" alliance.

in the past i have critisied how Nilo(sotl) organised relic raids, i still think that if you are in an alliance you have an obligation to actually involve the alliance in your relic raids. having said that both methods work. The unity alliance have pulled off relic raids, and so has Nilo by hand picking the participants, the end result is the same.

K

kr0n

Id LOOOVE if we had 1 single alliance, all working nicely together. But people just cant do it.

1. The reasons for alliance are unclear.
2. People whine for something which has nothing to do with alliance.

I remember when I still had access to Unity forums, when SotL people started dinging 50, people whined at us for NOT POWERLEVELING others to 50? AWW PWEASE...

O

old.Revz

Guilds work because you choose who goes into them. Realms don't work because anyone can join. If there was an entry exam to get into Albion then perhaps the situation might be a little better but as it stands anyone can click the grail and be here with the rest of us. Is it any wonder there are problems?

SotL was set up to be completely self-contained. I wanted to choose who I worked with. I will not have it dictated to me that I must automatically "include" anyone who happens to be playing here because I know that will not work.

You want an example?

http://unity.guardiansofpower.com/viewtopic.php?t=346

That was just one thread I read about loot arguments after the "alliance" Legion raid. There has never, ever been so much as a squeak after a LoE+SotL Legion raid. All we did was say congratulations and split the loot between us. LoE actually trusted me to split it fairly and didn't even ask what they were getting. Why on earth would you want to make things harder and more stressful for yourself by bringing in people who are unknown quantites?

It really does boggle me because this is the only game of its type where people actually consider it their god given right to be included in everything just because they are in the same realm. You can justify nearly anything with "for the good of the realm" but that doesn't make it right or workable in practice.

K

Krissy

Gidion, my bitch was not at SotL or LoE, was at one person. just others felt the need to get involved.

K

Krissy

Originally posted by kr0n

I remember when I still had access to Unity forums, when SotL people started dinging 50, people whined at us for NOT POWERLEVELING others to 50? AWW PWEASE...

That was a funny day, y do ppl want to be Power Leveled? If u aint got a lvl 50 character u are losing part of the experiance of getting to 50 by being PLvLed.

J

Jenkz

that threads not really a good example of why not to be in an alliance (wasnt a Unity Alliance legion raid, think it included EC and some other non-allied guilds), more an example of how multi-guild loot distribution should be improved - which Isos has said already.

but after witnessing the loot distro from that, i agree 100% with PvE events, if you can do it on your own, or with as fewer people you know well - great. SotL/LoE legion raids are a perfect example. It solves the loot/bitching problem with other guilds.

when it comes down to relic raids? theres no items to hand out, theres little bitching to happen, the main issues are reducing the number of idiots, reducing lag, and security - involving ones alliance (that is unless ones alliance contains idiots??) or moreso on that occasion i see no problem with.

its a cloudy line really, i mean kr0n said it above, people bitching about not being able to get in sotl guild groups on an alliance forum?.. keep takes?/emain RvR/Rp farming/multi-keep takes/opening up DF/relic raids - where does an alliance come into play?.. imho only on relic raids - some people would say they dont come into it at all?

O

old.Revz

I was just using that as an example in as much as it happend, not whether the argument itself was right or wrong :) Incidentally we tried a guild only relic raid (had 40+ people on at 7am with 9 rams ready to roll) but got trumped by Mids who attacked even earlier as we were setting up in sauvage so we went to defend instead.

We have managed to knock down one relic door as a guild with only 20-30 people though. If you are well practiced at killing LB epics the (pre patch) relic guards are easy to handle, the only hard thing is getting ~30 minutes without interruption to break the doors. Those attempts were probably the best ones I've ever been involved in. Most relic raids nowadays include more people simply because they have to, not because it will be "fun" to handle 150+.

J

Jenkz

Originally posted by Krissy
Gidion, my bitch was not at SotL or LoE, was at one person. just others felt the need to get involved.

thats probably because you called duane a WHORE SPECCED THEURGIST? :p

bad duane :p

K

Krissy

You are right as a ex unity alliance member that alot of bitching was directed at SotL and LoE in general, and as ive said above as has Jenkz and a few others it has actualy done the realm and the guilds involved in leaving to form there own alliance alot of good.

they dont seem to bitch/argue, and seem to get along well s theres no problem with it.

As Gidion said this "for the realm " crap is normaly used to justify alot of stuff which is really nothing to do with the realm and more to do with "i want i want i want adn ill do it though guilt trips".

After all YOU pay to play this GAME might as well enjoy it to the best u can and SotL and LoE are doing this. I see no problem y they should not carry on as they are.

K

Krissy

Originally posted by Jenkz

thats probably because you called duane a WHORE SPECCED THEURGIST? :p

bad duane :p

he has admited in in IRC serveral times :p ask him hes proud of it, and because he admits it i have no problem with it :p , its whe ppl lie about y they are specing that botheres me nothing else.

J

jarade

Jus to clear up a point on my original post, i only meant for large RvR excursions, such as relic raids. As far as Legion/Dragon raids go, they should be guild only or only by invatation by the organising party, i agree sorting out loot when 8+ guilds attend would impossible.

K

Krissy

I think if Guilds or Alliances need help on raids of any kind they will /send a member of a friendly guild and ask for help, least i hope they will, pitty to c a guild get so far (though a relic keeps doors) and then die due to a zerg w8ing inside, but if its not needed im positive guilds/alliances will not want the choas of other ppl in the area, as its easier to control ur own guild and ppl who have been told the plan before u start rather than a rush breifing.

L

listepik

honestly, i dont see what this discussion is all about.

we decide what guild to join, based on our needs, and what guilds' can provide.

We chose alliance the same way. we ally with guilds who has the same goals and needs from an alliance, be it a chit chatty common chat channel, that will be used for effective information when needed, or a chat dedicated to RvR only. Any guild for it self.

if, as kr0n say, it can be done by fewer, fine, do it with fewer. but dont expect the others to help, if you do in fact need them.

it applies to everything we do in this game, be it RvR or PvE of various kinds. we all do what we want to do, either as person/guild/alliance.

Makes this discussion a bit indifferent, as the goal of it is the above. you cant set a goal to make everyone want the same. those who do, will eventually ally.

E

Euthanasia.

stop rambling on for fucks sake ..someone said they wanted an alliance for EVERYONE..some people ..well alot of people said no..so why whinge on with 3 pages of mindless unimportant crap

K

kr0n

if, as kr0n say, it can be done by fewer, fine, do it with fewer. but dont expect the others to help, if you do in fact need them.

Teh funny thing is... They do help. Things I might need help in, I get mostly the help I need from guild or from few friends out from the guild. And those things I need alot more people usually carry out a prize, that lures people there in the hope of getting the prize.

That was a funny day, y do ppl want to be Power Leveled? If u aint got a lvl 50 character u are losing part of the experiance of getting to 50 by being PLvLed.

When you ask someone to PL, you ask em to spend many many hours ingame doing something without gaining anything at all. Ive done, people have helped me doing it, and its mind numbing. Why on earth would anyone want to PL people in Alliance, people you hardly know, or even heard of.

R

Roalith

I'm inclined to agree with euthanasia here. Let's get the thread back on top instead of deteriorating into Albion's usual flame-fest?

For my own two coppers, I'd love to see a unified Albion alliance. Yes, people disagree on how alliance chat should be used, but I'm of the view that if certain protocols are agreed in advance (IE: No "I need grunt type x at Pygmy island, anyone free?"), and people actually commit to following the orders of, or at least listening to the advice of other guild's Officers (Yes, you're an officer for a reason, guys), then it can work.

K

krait

Albion
Efficiency
Alliance

Three words that are anathaema to each other.
;)

O

old.Fenixen

A hib coming in and disturbing the peace. ;)

Seems Albion players have forgot that this is a game where Realms compete against each other not within the Realm. :(

Hibernia have had their share of the pie also but we're growing more and more together and have for the last months really worked together, most of the time you see all hibs at the same place (often zerg but TOGETHER :) well there are always guilds who are out claiming alb and mid keeps but lets stick to the subject. Instead of waisting your energy arguing within, come out and play so we can get some big RvR action in RvR zones. :)

If you don't want to join an alliance don't but it could be a great way to grow together and work together. :)

Hope to see some more of you in RvR zones so I can gank you with my lovely crafted glowing spear. ;)

L

listepik

Thing is, Roalith. some people might WANT their alliance to include things like group requests and such.

thats what makes the agreeing part tricky. Different needs and wants

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom