Albion and 4am relic takes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Gahn said:
Lol kid ofc we made it at 5 am which is easy prime time :touch:

so taking a keep in primtime that has no defenders is better than taking a keep at 5am that has no defenders?

u learn something every day!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Ging said:
so taking a keep in primtime that has no defenders is better than taking a keep at 5am that has no defenders?

There was hardly "any defenders" when Mastade did the raid or u were off the game and just bullshitting? -.-

Ging

Part of the furniture
Gahn said:
kali%2021.jpg

4tw?

im sure ive shagger her! i tell ya, after 9 pints she looked like a supermodel!

Ging

Part of the furniture
Gahn said:
There was hardly "any defenders" when Mastade did the raid or u were off the game and just bullshitting? -.-

no your right i was off the game (ld problems after 10pm) and bullshitting :)

but i have it on good account that most of the albs went and defended the relic keeps which left the frontier empty of defenders so my point is valid

Knothead

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:

yeah the fact that there can be an alb zerg inc at any momment Vs quick before hibs wake up at 7am cet/8 am gmt

it's wasn't our fault albs didn't defend there were enough when we got to relic keep . how many hibs were at relic keep?

Nate

FH is my second home
Ging said:

you couldn't see a difference there?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Ging said:

There is, actually. At primetime all realms can field 'serious forms of defense'. I would argue each realm can bring 50+ to defend. If they cba is another matter, but its perfectly possible. On the other hand, at 5 AM when there's fuck all online there's no way to defend.

The biggest thing about the alarmclock aint the fact u loose relics. Atleast it's not for me. Its the fact you know its *useless* to build up / achieve anything in primetime.

For example, Hibs and Albs had great fun in the 'Mass RvR Events' . If you somehow manage to achieve something at prime-time, be it taking a keep, taking a relic or whatever, its atleast something where 250+ people participated in. But in the end nobody achieved fuck all, because some no-lifers reverse it during the 3-6 AM hours.

And ofcourse there's this little thing called 'balance'. Fighting Albs with 20% more damage isnt the best way to get more Mids out in RvR. So the only thing these 16~ people obtain is ruining cluster-RvR even more. Both for 1vs1, FGvsFG as ZergvsZerg.

(tho I dont think you actually agree with AC's anyhow Gingy, so its not directed towards you for the most part :p)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Knothead said:
yeah the fact that there can be an alb zerg inc at any momment Vs quick before hibs wake up at 7am cet/8 am gmt

it's wasn't our fault albs didn't defend there were enough when we got to relic keep . how many hibs were at relic keep?

"wasn't our fault albs didn't defend" - interesting turn of phrase that, can be applied to many many situations.

In your case your saying it wasn't your fault the albs didn't defend their keeps - a perfectly fair and valid point. Now im gonna use it if you dont mind.

"it wasnt our fault hibs weren't up and in mass numbers to defend their power relics from a single alb fg"

As CM have the finger soley pointed at them ill give them credit for being the only 8 players involved.

Were there ANY hibs on from 4-5am this morning? If so fair enough BUT I cant imagine that the HIB realm was completely devoid of ANY players at that time, in addition to the relic guards even a fgh could have stopped a fga? Jesus 2-3 rangers perma interupting the clerics could do the same.

Does responsibility for the relic loss fall on the attackers who with only 8 players seriously thought they could pull it off or on the lack of defenders who "could" have prevented it.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
You can't take the relicshrine down with 8 players IIRC.

Not that it matters, because CM never runs with only 8 players :p

Ging

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
(tho I dont think you actually agree with AC's anyhow Gingy, so its not directed towards you for the most part :p)

your right i dont agree with them but they are and will be part of the game, in in my last few posts i have taken somewhat the stance of devils advocate to take the pov that if you dont defend with everything you have then you will loose everything you have.

Ive spent the majority of my last week in alb frontier, not because i wanted to but because of necessity. Ive been forced to play a game i dont want or like to play, im not a big fan of zerging or realm defence tbh i would rather be in a competitive set high rr grp that wtf pwns all - aint gonna happen as im not that great a player :)

My point is that if it only took 8 players to take a relic when there most certianly would have been some hibs on with access to lvl 50 chars does that mean there is a problem with the game or with the defence attitude?

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
My point is that if it only took 8 players to take a relic when there most certianly would have been some hibs on with access to lvl 50 chars does that mean there is a problem with the game or with the defence attitude?

16 I think you'll find - plus a mini-KF-group.

If you guys don't want to lose a keep or a relic when it ISN'T Primetime then you won't mind not taking back anything captured in Primetime except when we have at least 200 Albs in RvR - I assume this is correct? Or are we having a double standard for re-takes? :eek7:

Oh and if I happen to start playing at 10AM can I capture a tower or is it lame that you didn't have abusing AE'ers there to defend? :touch:

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
Does responsibility for the relic loss fall on the attackers who with only 8 players seriously thought they could pull it off or on the lack of defenders who "could" have prevented it.

Sadly ever since got introduced to cluster there's been a nightshift of Albs that work something like this.

Lose fg fight, get more players - return
Lose fight with 11, come back with 14 - win
Then become 16, and mow down all fgs.
Enemy fgs logs, casual ungrouped don't group.
Albs then have empty server. Leave it an hour so as many log as possible, then pve keeps.

I don't ever recall when fighting those Albs that they haven't ever stopped to think that their actions spoil anything. I think they want ppl to log so as not to have enemies to fight. They argue that they are there for action, but their actions resemble those of their only motive being to overwhelm, make enemies log ( i mean people go to sleep at night, so missing sleep for a game = log when tired or bored because of game factors). I don't play anymore in the night, i did for a bit and it always ended like that, those Albs more players than anyone else and boredom -> /quit /sleep.

In regard to those Albs they are relentless and if that's credit, then that's the only form I can give them. In reality their actions are such that they undo a lot of the good aspects of daoc by that selfishness.

Anyway, don't really care, don't play, cept odd time I'm utterly not doing anything else. :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Ging said:

Or with the attitude of the mentioned players to actually take a relic at 5 AM?

Anyhow correct me if Im wrong, but afaik it takes atleast 16 characters to lower the relic-shrine.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:

We all know it wasn't just 8 players tbh, I'm sure some hibs came to defend. (like..2-3? :D)

Napshot

Fledgling Freddie
when i get zerged i think off the greeks i grp with and arid and WE sing this song:

Now I've had the time of my life
No I never felt like this before
Yes I swear it's the truth
And I owe it all to you
Cause I've had the time of my life
And I owe it all to you

PIRATES AND LIONS!!!!!

Ging

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
Anyhow correct me if Im wrong, but afaik it takes atleast 16 characters to lower the relic-shrine.

your prolly right im not as much of a roleplayer as you so wouldnt know <gasp> :)

Right i is off to work for some w/e OT - have fun and ill see u all later :)

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Its sad tho, i feel sorry for those albs that enjoy this game at primetime as most others do, i feel sorry because you are in a realm with those people that still tend to do these stupid AC raids and ruin your reputation. They dont realise what they do to this game. I do feel like doing some "payback" and stand at ur relic keeps at 6 am some day. Unfortunately i would punish all those albs that are in no way responsible for all the shit the latenighters do.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
your right i dont agree with them but they are and will be part of the game, in in my last few posts i have taken somewhat the stance of devils advocate to take the pov that if you dont defend with everything you have then you will loose everything you have.

Ive spent the majority of my last week in alb frontier, not because i wanted to but because of necessity. Ive been forced to play a game i dont want or like to play, im not a big fan of zerging or realm defence tbh i would rather be in a competitive set high rr grp that wtf pwns all - aint gonna happen as im not that great a player :)

They are NOW a part of the Game. There were AC Raids in the past but not that much.Those Ghetto Kids want to do it as much as possible.

The difference between 5am and normal times is:

At normal Times you have the chance to defend your stuff
At 5am you dont have the chance to defend your stuff

At normal Times everyone has fun while defending/attacking
At 5am most of the People sleep

[My point is that if it only took 8 players to take a relic when there most certianly would have been some hibs on with access to lvl 50 chars does that mean there is a problem with the game or with the defence attitude]

29 Albs on Nged while there were 26 Hibs (+non anon bots) online total. I was there and it was impossible to defend with the 5 other Hibs. I tried to place lots of NPC's (Eldritches, Rangers) to even it out but it didn't worked out. I logged right after that because trying to defend anythingelse was just pointless and i was tired anyway! (Sleep > Daoc)

At normal Times this wouldn't happen. There would the a Chance to defend because there are enough people online.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Cromcruaich said:
Infact, if you've got any balls, you should pick you're best fg, and run it against nfd, who lets be honest, nfd gg1 is the best group on the cluster at the moment.

Albion Exiles > ur gg1 im sure

And CM grtz on PvEing the hib relic again,must be so hard.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Havent logged in for about 2 weeks cus RvR was so boooooring, Alb zerg everywhere. But if Albion got all 6 relics this is the best thing that has ever happend!!

Hiberna go AC the 2 keeps to get your relics back, Mid do the same, and balance!

Its so easy to take relics back these days. Just do a Alarm Clock Raid vs 1 keep and its back. Well 2 keeps if you want both relics back.

I wont hold any grudges I promiss.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Please people get a sense of perspective - a relic was taken (if you read anything from Mythic they say they want this to happen around once a month). It doesn't suddenly make the game no fun just gives you something else to do - ie. take them back again. Now sure when they are taken late at night it is less fun for everyone as only a few participate but it really doesn't 'kill the game'. And don't give me any shit about being unable to compete vs Albs with +10% cos Albion had to compete against +20% magic on HIbs and +20% melee on Mids for almost the entirety of Old Frontiers - in fact many of those spouting off now about relics unbalancing the game are the rr they are because they were able to earn them under precisely such unbalanced conditions.

(I wasn't there logged at midnight as I was still recovering from relic defense til 3am two days ago)

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Snajpah said:
LoL kids .. My father is stronger then youre father bla bla bla if they like taking keeps let them .. hibs like it too over 100 hibs pved almost every keep there is in albion regardless if there was defenders or not so .....

Well maybe daddy should have learnt you to read the clock; Hibs didn't do that at 5 am now did they?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Javai said:
And don't give me any shit about being unable to compete vs Albs with +10% cos Albion had to compete against +20% magic on HIbs and +20% melee on Mids for almost the entirety of Old Frontiers - in fact many of those spouting off now about relics unbalancing the game are the rr they are because they were able to earn them under precisely such unbalanced conditions.

See alot of Hib/Pryd players. And you can say what you want, but Hib/Pryd surely didnt earn their RR's under those unbalanced conditions. Relics where on Pryd uneveningly distributed, but not in Hib's favour.

Also, the game has changed alot over time. I would beg to differ that 20% more magic-damage is more lethal now then ever.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Please people get a sense of perspective - a relic was taken (if you read anything from Mythic they say they want this to happen around once a month). It doesn't suddenly make the game no fun just gives you something else to do - ie. take them back again. Now sure when they are taken late at night it is less fun for everyone as only a few participate but it really doesn't 'kill the game'. And don't give me any shit about being unable to compete vs Albs with +10% cos Albion had to compete against +20% magic on HIbs and +20% melee on Mids for almost the entirety of Old Frontiers - in fact many of those spouting off now about relics unbalancing the game are the rr they are because they were able to earn them under precisely such unbalanced conditions.

(I wasn't there logged at midnight as I was still recovering from relic defense til 3am two days ago)

I can agree here....after the past few days HIb have proved that they can make us think about what we do in RVR...

Mastade has lead them to opening the relic gates..

surely they can mount an attack that well see them retake it.....

Yes CM are AC raiders, but whose AC are we looking at..... mine and yours....what about theres .......its regular so dont you think that this is there usual game time?

Mines normally 7pm to midnight during the week uk time, perhaps they all work night shifts? so 3am - 7am uk time is there normal expected play time....

more play during my regular slot .....its a 24/7 game guys...i dont condone it but i cant say its wrong.

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
Its sad tho, i feel sorry for those albs that enjoy this game at primetime as most others do, i feel sorry because you are in a realm with those people that still tend to do these stupid AC raids and ruin your reputation. They dont realise what they do to this game. I do feel like doing some "payback" and stand at ur relic keeps at 6 am some day. Unfortunately i would punish all those albs that are in no way responsible for all the shit the latenighters do.

Your guild (Random Roleplayers) claimed nGed today before 10:00AM - not a huge number of people on at 9:00AM or earlier are there now? So perhaps you wouldn't mind telling your guild not to capture keeps outside of Primetime.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Please people get a sense of perspective - a relic was taken (if you read anything from Mythic they say they want this to happen around once a month). It doesn't suddenly make the game no fun just gives you something else to do

I doubt anyone cares that we lost the Relic, it's more the fact that we lost it at 5.00 AM. Losing a Relic due to this lame playstyle (and it is lame) is just terribly fucked up.

Even more seeing as we tried to take Alb relic primetime this week - and failed, but that was fun atleast.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
your prolly right im not as much of a roleplayer as you so wouldnt know <gasp> :)

Wauw, incredible well thought out comeback there. I am sure everyone is stunned by your sly brilliance and fierce wit!

Uhm... or perhaps they just chuckle slightly at someone trying to use "roleplayer" as a demeaning word after having PvE'd a relic at 5AM ... For Albion!

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
BlackrazoR said:
Your guild (Random Roleplayers) claimed nGed today before 10:00AM - not a huge number of people on at 9:00AM or earlier are there now? So perhaps you wouldn't mind telling your guild not to capture keeps outside of Primetime.

Deal if you guys don't AC at 5 AM :wanker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom