Albion Alliances

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
In the case of the PE/Outcast/FL alliance its basicly a group foruming chat group from what im told.

Exactly what an RvR alliance should be.

In hte case of a proper alliance that is there for defence/events/co-operating alliances will always be flawed due to one guild always putting in 100%+ more than everyone else and then expectations are formed etc, RvR wise though alliances can be very powerful but then you get the whinge about not getting in alliance groups etc. Been there done that :p

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Krissy said:
In the case of the PE/Outcast/FL alliance its basicly a group foruming chat group from what im told.

Then you don't know jack shit.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Krissy said:
Someone's clueless.... stop talking bullshit, what you said is 1 of the things our /as is used for, it's used for a lot more, and we kinda tolerate any chat but repeatable spam, and we just ask to stop doing it if that happens. In other alliances, you can hardly say anything, because what Case said happens then.

I can only say the PE/FL alliance is small, relaxed, good, and entertaining. :)

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Dont think anyone was critisising or condeming the PE/FL/etc alliance, hold onto your handbags ladies :|

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, read better, someone surely did.

Don't call our alliance a group forming chat group and we won't call your guild silly for kicking members that don't attend raids, for example.

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Comprehend better. It wasnt a condemnation or a critisism. What he stated was actually a compliment (as I read it) of your alliance.

(edit: compliment: from reading 3 posts or so back from the supposeded 'clueless shit': small friendly informal alliance that is happy and doing well.... versus a large, strict, formal alliance with set raids, set rules, tension, and forcing views on others... Understand now?)

Hence there is no need to be defensive, or lash out at guilds.

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Don't you just love albion. It's no wonder the realm is in the state it's in.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Albion guilds are all on the same side.

Not having good communication for attack/defence is just handicapping yourselves.

But then again what do i know about DAOC.

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
Xeanor said:
Oh, read better, someone surely did.

Don't call our alliance a group forming chat group and we won't call your guild silly for kicking members that don't attend raids, for example.

Krissy paid your alliance a compliment though? :eek7:

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Revz said:
Krissy paid your alliance a compliment though? :eek7:
I don't see "just a group forming chat group" as a compliment, but anyway, it doesn't matter much, to be honest. :) We are happy with our alliance, and that's what counts most. I take back what I said in an earlier post. :)

Zede

Part of the furniture
Xeanor said:
Someone's clueless.... stop talking bullshit, what you said is 1 of the things our /as is used for, it's used for a lot more, and we kinda tolerate any chat but repeatable spam, and we just ask to stop doing it if that happens. In other alliances, you can hardly say anything, because what Case said happens then.

I can only say the PE/FL alliance is small, relaxed, good, and entertaining. :)

yes ! look at all the lovvely comments from this small, relaxed, good and yes entertaining alliance.... chill pills peeps ! :clap: no worth it really, we all on same side, honest

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I think it's good to have a balance between /as being a chatgroup and /as being a communication tool during the raids.

If things are easy and everyone is bored, /as should be able to be used for small talk, however, that does mean that people should be silent if they see that there's something going on in the frontiers or in Albion itself.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
there's too much secrecy in alb.. its all officer and gm's only meetings and stuff.. and u dont get new points of view.. and tbh u need that just to give different angles on stuff.

alb is WAY to fragmented atm.. not just alliance wise but guildie/officer wise.

big alliances dont work? celtic fist/hibernia/excalibur.. 21 guilds.. #1 alliance in world. and its all coz of a share of info not just to alliance members but to everyone else in realm.

having only 3-4 alliances in realm cuts down the time it take to transfer info and gets stuff going faster. having bickering alliances is the way to just implode... will hardly get anything done tbh.

pull together and all in same direction. you will be amazed at what u can do.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Did I say big alliances don't work? Maybe they can work, if there are tight rules about everything.. and that just sucks. No fun etc.

Besides Celtic Fist alliance is like almost whole realm in the same /as.. And that won't happen on Alb, cos there surely are many people that wouldn't want in same alliance together ever.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Don't need a huge alliance, just need to know which people to slap when the shit hits the fan.

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:
there's too much secrecy in alb.. its all officer and gm's only meetings and stuff.. and u dont get new points of view.. and tbh u need that just to give different angles on stuff.

alb is WAY to fragmented atm.. not just alliance wise but guildie/officer wise.

big alliances dont work? celtic fist/hibernia/excalibur.. 21 guilds.. #1 alliance in world. and its all coz of a share of info not just to alliance members but to everyone else in realm.

having only 3-4 alliances in realm cuts down the time it take to transfer info and gets stuff going faster. having bickering alliances is the way to just implode... will hardly get anything done tbh.

pull together and all in same direction. you will be amazed at what u can do.

Hmm. Yes, there are advantages of large alliances, if someone is willing to spend all their time keeping it together. Its an awful lot of work. Preference and choice though, if people want to play in smaller cosier alliances, then its up to them. It still works, just not the same way. As Derric said, just need to know who to chase up or a willingness to do /who 50, risk getting told to get lost and getting on with it... which is what I do. Its not really that difficult.

I tend to find officers of various guilds aren't any more clique-ish than any other groups of players. What I have noticed is that they are perceived to have some kind of power which some people feel a bit threatened by at times so grudges can arise for little reason, or the wrong reasons. If you think your guild's goals aren't the same as yours or its officers are doing a bad job (regardless of how they themselves perceive the job they do) then vote with your feet. If the problems are in a different guild, don't let it bother you.

Alb does work, even though it can be a little hard to accept that not everyone has the same goals at times, which incidently is also the reason that smaller alliances can work well. Nobody will claim its perfect. There is no setup that isn't a little frustrating at times.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Aye i agree with Oro i dont think the officers and a secret little clique that keeps everything a secret and hold secret meetings in Llyn Barfoeg wearing hoods and robes.

Whenever the shit hits the fan you can contact officers from the other allainces in no time and they say on their as and so far from my point of view it works really great.

And im a GM and thats alot of work and being an alliance leader must be hell espcially in an large alliance, and since i got a RL job i dont want a big ingame job also, since its just a game where you go to have fun. :)

Case

Fledgling Freddie
I just wanna have fun :D

if people really do think officers/GM`s don`t share info ect tell them you might surpruised on the response :)

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
he he teh guild i be with is in an alliance with 1 other. i gotten to know quite a few of the alliance guild well which is kinda good.... as generally about 4people on in my guild max recently. he he
i have no point im just bored and no1 on in guild atm :m00:

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Morimdin said:
why don't you go get dem relics yourself or make a relicraid? why let someone else do it? that's why albs has only 1 relic, people like you expect someone else to do it and you just go on crafting farming cybering or whatever you do when playing.. SHADDAFAGGABB JO MAGGERFAGGER :(

Was an intelligent question, only intelligent answers please, no more f**kwits.

ferore

Fledgling Freddie
Krissy said:

Dreami said:
Then you don't know jack shit.

as a member of forgotten legends, i'd have to say it is jack shit. i have never seen our groups use alliance chat to get group members. we prefer to use /send and ask for people instead. it is the same for pe groups!

we sometimes report how many groups of hibs/mids on alliance chat, but we tend to keep it quiet so we can kill ourselves ;) the alliance is pointless

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
ferore
Fledgling Freddie

Can't be arsed with a serious post, so edited.

The alliance is far from pointless.

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
GW making a profile and post like you were a FL member ilaya, we know youre a tard anyhow x<

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
ferore said:
as a member of forgotten legends, i'd have to say it is jack shit. i have never seen our groups use alliance chat to get group members. we prefer to use /send and ask for people instead. it is the same for pe groups!

we sometimes report how many groups of hibs/mids on alliance chat, but we tend to keep it quiet so we can kill ourselves ;) the alliance is pointless
Hi, you speak total crap, I can only conclude that you are NOT in my guild and you did a pretty futile attempt at flaming our guild.

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
haha , whos that guy ferore who claims to be fl
such hate towards FL really makes me cry ... _not_

such imaginery stories and accusations dont lead anywhere really, only make you look an idiot on public forums :>

thanks for the laugh ferore , really needed it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom