alb zerg (not a whine just a plea)

B

bult

aug/mend shammys have decent heals. SoS is not = win just keep fighting play well and ur group wont be anywere near dead in those 30sec.

S

sorusi

TRY playing midd, and then TRY playing alb, and you will see hopefully :p

btw mercs/bms doing crap dmg is a myth

B

bult

Originally posted by sorusi
They are not, SoS and the midd tanks can be afk for 30sec... or if they get rooted they have to use purge etc.. and shamans do not have _uber_ heals :p but then everything is impossible if you really think it is :p

your also refering as if albs do not land mezz first, a good sorc with 1875 should land mezz first in any open area, exept milegates and souch... if they dont you should teach them how to mezz :p

first id advice you to try the grp in alb with good players before saying its wont work, because most alb grps have 2000 gimped armsmen etc in their grps and 20000 useless firewizards, or 20000 cabalists who aoe dot for 70 dmg :p

Mid group dont have to land mezz to win tough some purge etc maybe a few cure mezzes mezz is not = death for a melee heavy group.

I have tried balanced alb FGs with good players and yes it DOES work BUT mid/hib group works even better... If we play well we can beat the crap out of most stuff BUT when we meet a perfect FG from mid and if they dont fuck up (they do quite often imo) then we loose pretty fast.

B

bult

TRY playing midd, and then TRY playing alb, and you will see hopefully :p

btw mercs/bms doing crap dmg is a myth

Ive played all realms acctually. I have never said mercs/BMs did _crap_ dmg but they do less damage then current patch zerkers and any patch savages.

S

sorusi

have you gotten any experience of playing any other realm than alb perphaps ? o_O

try that alb setup, disband all gimp players, and get good ones, and you will see alb has the best FG lineup in the game atm

problem with excal albs are that most are extremly stupid and do now know how to play at all and semi afk :p

S

sorusi

and you still dont know why alb fg is the best one.. t.t

B

bult

Ive allready said why they are not. t.t

[edit added leet smilie]

F

Flimgoblin

hrm tell me how to mezz when I first see the mids at range 1500

they're moving at speed 5 + permasprint (who needs SoS when you have permasprint eh? paladin's runs out... shamans does too I know but it's 10m instead of 2m :) and recastable)

All I get is a 'clickety click' from my HD and *bang* they're at melee range.

So how does the 1875 range help there?

Yes if you're chasing another group or see them coming it's good, but if you both see each other at the same time - the sprinting/mach 5 healer is going to out-mezz the sprinting mach-5 sorcerer with range 1875... simply because clicking target then /face, quickcast takes 2 seconds, running 375 (whilst clicking target) and hitting insta takes less.

(not that mezzing matters on high RR zerkers anyway)

Shame NP didn't play on alb/lancelot - Lagged Again remind me somewhat of NP/Excal, be interesting to see that fight :)

I think the problem isn't with the perfectly made up groups though , you're right that albion has some useful abilities.

It's just that a pickup group in hibernia will do ok if they have just a bard... (if they have a bard _and_ a druid they're doing ace).
Midgard needs a healer and a skald.....
Albion needs a minstrel a cleric and a sorcerer.

And of course the one time you do get a good group you go to the milegate and get hit by 5fg of realm X ;) and half the group give up and log....

S

sorusi

you see enemy at 2000 range, mostly its you who attack if you know what your doing, and with 300 - 350 dex + mota2 you will cast mezz VERY fast, they wont have time for insta :p especially since you jump the ppl most of the time if you have a good leader that is :p

for a mezzer you need:

Good connection.
Good computer.
Good player.

normal cast time for my mezz on mlf was like 1.65 or so buffed with new cap changes..

BUT heck most albs on excal are _allways_ on the same places AMG/MMG/MILL/DC... if you do not roam etc you cant expect to win 1fg vs 1fg, surprise is also alot of the key in winning and haveing a chance along with a balanced grp of good players :p

T

Tyka

heh, you see enemy at 2000 range, but aoe lull is 2300..

B

bult

Its not like mezz means u win ive won tons of times after whole group has gotten mezzed. Its not that big deal imo.

S

sorusi

IT is, but hey, as a midd tank, i dont even hve to purge the fecking mezz sure its like 20sec mezz, but thing is within 2 - 5 sec some paladin is there to miss with his shield or sword on me to break me loose... THATS Where the MAIN problem is..

and if mezz isnt that important why do alot of albs use that as an excuse to zerg "we have no sorc in grp so we move as a 3 - 4fg unit" ....?

B

bult

Never seen Farek or Parlain do that yet acctually and those are the pallies i group with. Maybe im just blind ;p

S

sorusi

i see most tanks do that all the time :p even in midd and in hibb :p

B

bult

IT is, but hey, as a midd tank, i dont even hve to purge the fecking mezz sure its like 20sec mezz, but thing is within 2 - 5 sec some paladin is there to miss with his shield or sword on me to break me loose... THATS Where the MAIN problem is..

and if mezz isnt that important why do alot of albs use that as an excuse to zerg "we have no sorc in grp so we move as a 3 - 4fg unit" ....?

Ask the ones that say it ;> There is no excuse to zerg. If u have a gimp group then u still stay as 1-2 FG and try make the best of the situation imo. The only fights u need all the classes to make a perfect group is when facing the best guilds from the other realms (2ish in each) wich means with a gimp group u will die maybe 1 out of 3 FG fights wich is still alot better then to zerg.

S

sorusi

true but no more excuses from albs now when they zerg, so they can all agree on that they suck when they do it to beat forces alot larger then themself :p

B

bult

There will always be excuses same as mid/hib always have a "good reason" to zerg. Lets face it there is no reason good enough.

M

Mavl

how can they survive for 30sec, alb casters and support spread, out while tanks also spread, out once the casters has started getting interrupted etc, tanks are on the casters aswell and there is no way in hell they can run etc, if they start to pbaoe, tanks unstick move out again, repeate this 1 hit form all tanks and you got 1 dead pbaoer...

They will not be able to hurt you for 30 seconds during sos if you use your head and not axe for once.

also if they do not have sos, sorc can qc aoe mezz, so can theurgist, it will buy them some time to stop the pbaoeing etc and to move out, then tanks go on casters etc...

stun/mez > qc, but we are talking about sos atm.

Originally posted by old.anubis
:ROFLMAO:
whom to pbae?
within 10 seconds after sos all the albs spread out like cockroaches at 1500 range, ready for nukes/mezzes etc

I suggest you learn how diffirent realm abilities work before making dumb comments.

P

parlain

Am mildly bored at work so tossed out a few random thoughts...

Zergs suck but everyone does them

Most Alb tanks can't tell a Shammy/Healer from a Tank

For unknown reason people think breaking mez on Zerks when they can hamster and slap j00 down in 1/2 swings is a good idea

If you break mez with slam/other stun you better be damn sure you can take it down in 9secs (usually with help) otherwise you will spend time either chasing it around while it calls for help or tickling it while it ignores you and goes for jucier targets

/assist is a word that does not seem to exist in an Alb Tank's dictionary, much the same as /intercept or /engage... this is also true for Alb Casters

Merc's and Friars DO do a decent amount of damage as long as there isn't an over abundance of pbt floating around (so long as they aren't screaming for Endo)

Pala's forget how to twist the minute they leave PvE (assuming they learnt in the first place)

Maxed Resists, Healthy Cleric Resists AoM, Empty Mind AND Paladin Multi Resists will make an MoC-ing pbae'r cry. Lots.

Insta-taunt is your friend.

Debuffs are your friend.

No, af does not mean /stick, it means /follow

Most Players: Turn your camera??? Wtf do you mean you can change your viewpoint!!!

Life exsists outside E-main. Honestly it really does!

Sitting, resting, or generally milling about in plain sight at MG's is just asking to be ganked-as is camping TK's

P.S. Leave Bell alone Soru j00 nastey twoll!

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by oblivion_6
well im not saying u ar pricks or anything lol

im just saying why not spread out coz its not makin u uber its just affecting everyones attitutde towards rvr

"sod it another zetrg im gonna log"
"me to"
"aye and me"
"aye nn"

half grp gone rps u can farm gone

lmfao - Heat, kitchen....

O

old.Filip

within 10 seconds after sos all the albs spread out like cockroaches at 1500 range, ready for nukes/mezzes etc

when they sos away from PBAOE good chanters stun em.. and debuff/nuke em to pices .... allso some good chanter found out that they have very nice pets to put on sorc's theugs etc ...

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by old.Isos
nope... the albs on this server are just lame(not all I quess:rolleyes: )
Im alb on prydwen and we always try to move around in 1fg at the time, and hell... we never needed any sorc to win before
but its a shitload easier now when there actually is sorcs playing.

from what I have seen so far albs cant do anything wihtout like 3 fg atleast and hardly then can accomplish anything.

when able to kill fg albs with a lv 45 hib group there is something wrong :rolleyes:
so get your act togheter please so we can have some more fun when my guildgroup hits 50!
:clap: :clap:

No offence, but clear off back to pryd/alb then, you are simply saying that Pryd/mid and pryd/hib suck I'm sure they'll have something to say about that, as for your summation of Albs skills <sigh>

Alb FG grp without CC = Dead group on Xcal when you come up against a typical Mid or Hib group, the chances are the fight will last less than 15seconds.

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by Mavl
They will not be able to hurt you for 30 seconds during sos if you use your head and not axe for once.

I suggest you learn how diffirent realm abilities work before making dumb comments.

have you got it yet to comment?

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by oblivion_6
in response to all realms zerg

it takes one realm to start it

If 5 fgs of hibs say go out independant of each other and roam about and then get ganked by 5fgs of albs they will all end up dead at Drum Ligen

Here the will then gang up and create a counter zerg to attempt to defeat teh enemy zerg preventing them from rvring succesffuly,
thus the hib zerg goes out to meet the 5fgs and if they come across some random 1fg of albs then the albs say that the hibs are zerging and they die go back to their keep.

Then the albs gaather together to attempt to crush the hib zerg which is now roaming (to kill the first zerg) this then goes into emain and comes across a fg of mids who get ganked

These mids then die and go to their keep and gather together fgs and send their zerg in to counter the alb zerg

End result ... mayhem

Actually, no it doesnt take one realm to start it, just like it does not take a single realm to perpetuate it.

S

sorusi

Originally posted by Mavl

How can they not hurt you? if they purge mezz....?

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by old.shotgunstow
You don't need a FG, I remember when it was feasible to solo emain without being a stealther with a buffbot.

Then the SB / Zerker and Chanter generation got to 50 :(

S

sorusi

Originally posted by old.Filip
when they sos away from PBAOE good chanters stun em.. and debuff/nuke em to pices .... allso some good chanter found out that they have very nice pets to put on sorc's theugs etc ...
if they are fast enuff to stun after they have chargef and pbaoed 1 - 2 times, they are _really_ good, sure, but the stun wont last very long and the albs in SoS mode cna run out of range (1500) in some seconds with sprint.. so they wont die..

and u know what, theurgs can and should spam air pet on both warden and druid vs hibbs, shaman,healer in midd..

oh and mavl if you havnt allready noticed, i KNOW how sos works. if you Sos you can move but you cant hit blalblabla untill someone breaks mezz or its over or you purge it, fyi mezz on a merc with resist + deter + anti mess reduce = 10 - 15sec, so they will be hitting in notime, and why should the mincer sos straight away, imagine if the hibbs mezz and then go for offensive PBAOE, then the second they break mezz with pbaoe, sos is active whole grp runs from the pbaoe and starts mezzing/stunning/sending pets etc.. they do not act like a fucking duck sitting next to the little lurkeen holding a flower...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom