alb zerg (not a whine just a plea)

S

sorusi

Originally posted by old.Filip
link dont work ..

and tbh 1 hour dont count :p

allso i will allways claim there is 1 hell of a difference to have a hardcore group in alb and to have to play casual ..

like why dont you take some random minser in your group ?

but well ... i allmost dont play anymore so i dunno if my oppion count ..

i simple cant make good groups any more ...

Filip
Minser of HB..

random mincer = he uses sos at the wrong time to save his own skin or something, like most excal mincers do. grpes based on souch ppl will NEVER work even if the all 7 others are doing their class jobs great...

S

sorusi

Originally posted by -frostor-
the force is strong in you young padawan.. uhm myrrmidon

btw grats with your grey deathspam in DF.. ( the screens mean shit)

for you who do now know wich they are etc on mlf yes.. but then nvm pointless trying to prove ppl who got vax in their ears or so i guess..

and also there is another guild on mlf wich do great in their fg, Wings of Griffing, you can see most of them at high rank because they have played there a while, and they move at 1fg...

also how can you claim albs are harder when you have not tested midgar or hibb?...

N

Nichneven

Originally posted by sorusi
what do you think most shamans do then?, no most spam aoe spells and fuck around :x

If fuck around means running and mashing the insta disease, well yes that's what we do because there's nothing else we can do when we have a polearm stuck way up where the sun don't shine...

:p

There's always something for us to whine about, eh? :sleeping:

B

bracken_woodman

perfect alb grp would be like:

2mercs,1sorc,1theurg,1cleric,1friar,1minstrel,1paladin

Stand at alb atk in emain for a day and see how much time you spend waiting for that perfect group to materialise. Most people are prepared to wait a couple of ports, but if you get 4 or 5 groups of people waiting for the perfect set up I guarantee that atleast half of those groups are gonna be left disappointed. After standing there for 30+ minutes they are left with 2 choices. Head out without key classes and stand a pretty sure chance of getting whiped or stick together in the hope that having enough numbers will make up for the lack of classes. This is the choice that many albion players face day in day out. Sometimes people will try chancing it with a "gimped" group, but it only takes getting whupped by NP between atk and amg a couple of times, or getting taken out in 10 seconds by an insta-mezz/ chanter hib group (which is what will happen if you have no cc) and people soon get fed up of it. The reality is that not only does albion require more classes to get the same benefits in a group as mid or hib groups, but those key classes are also harder to find. Throw in some of the other factors (insta-mezz, cloth wearing casters, no chance of ever holding onto power relics etc etc) and it soon becomes obvious that without a decently balanced group albs will roam in more than 1fg.

To be honest all the finger pointing that goes on is pathetic. Of course there are some idiots in albion that will zerg no matter what. There are also idiots in hib and midgard. There are also good players who like a challege in all 3 realms. Albion does have problems when it comes to getting balanced groups. Hibernia has problems in terms of regularly being able to match the numbers. Midgard at the moment has it pretty good. Let's cut the crap, keep the zerging (by which I mean non-keep take zergs) confined to emain and stop this pitiful all-albs-are-shite finger pointing. It's about time people grew up a bit.

V

.Venge

omg shut the feck up, none knowing moron..
the biggest zergers in hte game are the mids, they friggin zerg from 06:00 in the morning to late at night, both in odins and emain.. then comes the hibs in waves, today its no hibs in emain at all, day after its 300 there.. so stfu. :mgwhore2: :mgwhore2: :mgwhore2: :mgwhore2: :mgwhore2:

O

old.Filip

random mincer = he uses sos at the wrong time to save his own skin or something,

there you got my point ..

NP play daoc A LOT !!! you have lvl 50 chars on different realms and if you cant make that perfect group you dont play on that server!!

well i now only have 1 main ... thats my minsterel on excalibur ...

if i logg on i CANT make that perfect group with ppl i know ..
if i get extremly lukcy i can make a good group .. NOT a perfect group .. and then after the group is made i find out that the cleric DONT have bof ...

imho playing alb on a NOT hardcore lvl is much harder than playing hib//mid...

S

sorusi

well place higher standards and force ppl to start useing sos and bof correctly etc ;) and ppl should also be "dissed" from grping if they have rolled a non grp char imo.. since the contribute nothing to the guild/realm, (this due to there are allready 50000xtimes as many assasins as there should be)

oh and did you know most midd grps are quite gimped themself? o_O its quite rare with perfect "random" guilds in midgar most of them do better because of 3x str relic imo

O

old.Filip

well place higher standards and force ppl to start useing sos and bof correctly etc

i do .. i ask all cleric's//minsers to make a RA macro to tell the group when they use SOS or BOF ... this make the cleric and the minser more aware about using em on the rigth time .. becuase if they dont they get flamed on pad :)

and ppl should also be "dissed" from grping if they have rolled a non grp char imo

then i cant make a FG ....

oh and did you know most midd grps are quite gimped themself?

yes ...

but i dont care about those ... thing is in a emain run you DO meet the balanced mid/hib groups ...
(tbh hibs dont even has to be balanced ... they just need bard//chanters vs a sorc/cleric less alb group)

and there is NO fun in rvring if you know that if you get into a fair 1fg figth vs this or that guild from Hib/mid then you will loose unless they screw up majorly ....(it happens you know :) )

because of 3x str relic imo

and the zerkers not nerfed here ...

Filip
Minser of HB

M

Mavl

Originally posted by Qte Eth
alb dumbness is really really impressive
One of most fun comments is their perma excuse "all realms zerg" yeah by saying that u excuse urself for 100% zerging after evidencing enemy realm zerg 10-30% of time mayhaps
And to very clever ppl who ask what for they need 200ppl cg -believe its not for emain with 150 albs in it at mmg,its for dragon raids, relic raids,mebbe some si raids ,ie Realm events
And each time u zerg 8ppl with 40 u make em ask themself if they enjoy it and ask urself what will they answer.And if they get equal numbers as ur zerg they wipe u back home ,but why should they if they dont enjoy it?theyll leave game ,leave realm or server ,or go to rl and ull find it that during fun 1hour camp of mmg u fought with mebbe 1-2fg occasional hibs who for some reasons are still playing
And our poor albs after a year of game still whine about no sorcs, oh yeah well feel sorry for u ofcourse ,after all improvements sorcs got and become quite uber u still dont have em and situation is same as it was in back days,"we have no sorcs so we zerg" mebbe say another way -we zerg coz in that case we dont need sorc?
and about pryd -there are many albs who run as 1fg and have sorc with them so its only excal problem ,so i agree that excal albs are prolly worst in whole world but its my and some others opinion ,and sadly its only albs on excal who think different Oo

hib dumbness in action ^^

random mincer = he uses sos at the wrong time to save his own skin or something, like most excal mincers do. grpes based on souch ppl will NEVER work even if the all 7 others are doing their class jobs great...

now that is probably the most stupid thing i have ever heard from you.

This group will die against a pbae heavy group.

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by Qte Eth
ok i understand that pickup grp ,but do mids &hibs all have perfect guild grps high rr,and only albs pickup?
and why cant u move just 2fg of ur pickup grps so it has some real motivation and can give fair fight to uber fg u refer to,not just wipe em back with 5 per one?

The so called RvR Guilds (misnaming if ever there was) don't tend to run around 1 FG. Very rarely see 1fg of LA/VGN/RG. Generally they are 2+ FGs.

Ok..how many pickup groups of RR1-2 can give a fair fight to 2FG of experienced,balanced groups of RR7+?

I would say 4-5, but then you whine.

Admit it! What you really want is for pickup groups of RR1-2 to come out 1 gp at a time to feed you rps. Ain't gonna happen. That was doomed as soon as they implemented RA's.

As a RR1 who is not in a PvP Guild you are just gonna get zero rps running out 1/2 fg. Far far better to get a few rps and then some RA's in a zerg than to get nothing running 1fg.

J

Javai

what do you think most shamans do then?, no most spam aoe spells and fuck around :x or they are bots.. friar is a better choice that than imo.. but really you cant say you have useless classes etc and that you have it soo much harder because you havnt..

He didn't say we have useless classes - we don't as Albs we have some very good classes BUT we suffer from a lack of certain essential classes, clerics being one example. It is a regular occurence for my groups to have no form of healing although iot usually results in me giving up fairly fast or having to stay with the 'zerg' to have any chance at all.

S

sorusi

Originally posted by Mavl
hib dumbness in action ^^

now that is probably the most stupid thing i have ever heard from you.

This group will die against a pbae heavy group.
¨

it will not... SOS > pbaoe, all tanks on assis, + sorc aoe mezzing, and interrupting

get a clue before you post :p

2 mercs + friar + paladin slam = 1 dead pbaoer in a few sec, and with 1875 mezz the sorc should win the mezz fight and even if he doesent, mincer purge, sos, grp runs off from pbaoe, mezz qc mezz them, GP, remezz aoe root etc, keep them interrupted, meanwhile tanks kill castes, and support...

fg vs fg NOTHING can beat that alb grp if its played correctly

ps: maybe some of you should spend time lvling classes needed for blanced grps instead of zerging emain?

J

Javai

¨

ps: maybe some of you should spend time lvling classes needed for blanced grps instead of zerging emain?

I did I rolled a Sorc unfortunately even with 2 comps side by side I'm not up to playing the Sorc and a cleric at the same time (well I can in pve but that's a different story) :)

Now if someone could convince the army of Infiltrators to play clerics......:rolleyes:

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
Stand at alb atk in emain for a day and see how much time you spend waiting for that perfect group to materialise. Most people are prepared to wait a couple of ports, but if you get 4 or 5 groups of people waiting for the perfect set up I guarantee that atleast half of those groups are gonna be left disappointed. After standing there for 30+ minutes they are left with 2 choices. Head out without key classes and stand a pretty sure chance of getting whiped or stick together in the hope that having enough numbers will make up for the lack of classes. This is the choice that many albion players face day in day out. Sometimes people will try chancing it with a "gimped" group, but it only takes getting whupped by NP between atk and amg a couple of times, or getting taken out in 10 seconds by an insta-mezz/ chanter hib group (which is what will happen if you have no cc) and people soon get fed up of it. The reality is that not only does albion require more classes to get the same benefits in a group as mid or hib groups, but those key classes are also harder to find. Throw in some of the other factors (insta-mezz, cloth wearing casters, no chance of ever holding onto power relics etc etc) and it soon becomes obvious that without a decently balanced group albs will roam in more than 1fg.

well
why do we spend 20-30 min for making group of 2 healers, shaman, skald, supp rm, 1-2 sms, 1-2 zerks/savages and you cannot? this is six-seven different classes, same amount that you need for rvr. i can assure you that it's not very easy to find those support classes. but we do it, you dont. sure your bunch of random ppl will die, i'm sorry for you.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/kondraty/sshot083.jpg
http://members.lycos.co.uk/kondraty/sshot062.jpg

just make friends with few people who play key classes and you will be fine. if half of group knows what to do, the other half will learn very quickly.

fyi np form their group for hours. very often see them staying at mtk for very long time.

another example of alb behaviour. if they die to equal amount of mids/hibs they bring twice as more. if even then they die, they bring four times more. in such a way you will never learn how to play. if we die to fair amount of enemies we come and try again with the same people.

M

Mavl

¨

it will not... SOS > pbaoe, all tanks on assis, + sorc aoe mezzing, and interrupting

get a clue before you post :p

2 mercs + friar + paladin slam = 1 dead pbaoer in a few sec, and with 1875 mezz the sorc should win the mezz fight and even if he doesent, mincer purge, sos, grp runs off from pbaoe, mezz qc mezz them, GP, remezz aoe root etc, keep them interrupted, meanwhile tanks kill castes, and support...

fg vs fg NOTHING can beat that alb grp if its played correctly

lol after mincer hits sos his group will NOT be able to mez anyone.

sos i Easily avoidable if u know how it functions. And in this case the pbae grp just need to wait for 30 seconds and then fire away.

So you should get a clue how sos works. Too bad leveling classes wont help you with that.

S

sorusi

wtf are you talking about IF they pbaoe them they break mezz if they do not everyone purge ok? or atleast the sorc will... i 100% aware of how sos works ...

N

noaim

sos i Easily avoidable if u know how it functions. And in this case the pbae grp just need to wait for 30 seconds and then fire away.

So you should get a clue how sos works. Too bad leveling classes wont help you with that.

I dont think they intend to use SoS, and then stand in the middle of the pbae after it ends.

O

old.anubis

:ROFLMAO:
whom to pbae?
within 10 seconds after sos all the albs spread out like cockroaches at 1500 range, ready for nukes/mezzes etc

S

sorusi

how can they survive for 30sec, alb casters and support spread, out while tanks also spread, out once the casters has started getting interrupted etc, tanks are on the casters aswell and there is no way in hell they can run etc, if they start to pbaoe, tanks unstick move out again, repeate this 1 hit form all tanks and you got 1 dead pbaoer...

also if they do not have sos, sorc can qc aoe mezz, so can theurgist, it will buy them some time to stop the pbaoeing etc and to move out, then tanks go on casters etc...

B

bult

fyi we did not give up, it was just that 2 of our crew stopped playing mincer was boored of daoc even when we started there, and friar was also bored and was doing irl, no point forceing them to play etc...

we did beat top hibb rvr grps there 1fg vs 1fg allmost every fight etc. and we were doing really well :p

perfect alb grp would be like:

That group is easy with 1 aug/mend healer 1 pac healer 1 aug/mend shammy 1 skald 1 RM 3 savage or 2 savage 1 warrior..

Just /assist on the cleric and u have won, after that ur group only have gimpy friar heals.

The reason u quit kinda sums it up nicely, u couldnt get the members to make a balanced group so u gave up. We know how to make balanced groups we know how to kill other FGs and have done so many many times sometimes its so easy its not even funny. But to make a balanced FG u need all those classes to be online. It didnt work for you but it have to work for us.

S

sorusi

its not "just" to kill cleric, if they bof he can be tanking forever, and if he has got some not retarded defensive tank souch as farek,sigfi,hatji its really hard :p

and we didnt give up, we have it on "hold" untill we either get some new ppl or they come back, there is NO reason to play w/o a good fg for me imo, because running around with 1semi gimped fg vs 2fgs etc is very hard to win, especially annoying when u know u could have won with the right ppl.. :p

B

bult

no its not. First of all even with BoF on 4 tanks with /assist will kill him fairly fast secondly u cant have 1 slammer slam all 4 tanks before cleric is dead. The only heals cleric will get is from friar with gimp rejuv specc unless he is fighting, easy enough to interupt friar while killing cleric.

S

sorusi

ever tought what the albs tanks could do perhaps they could go assist and kill the other healer? maybe?... but alb tanks assisting and picking support/casters targets? o_O rare sight .. and if he got sos he can simply outrun the tanks.. (cleric)

B

bult

Yes they could but 3 savage 1 skald does ALOT more dmg then 3/2 mercs and a pala also the other groups healer can get heals from the other healer and shaman so will take aloooot longer to kill. Maybe the mid group would loose 1 man after the whole alb grp is wiped.

B

bult

In your argument to beat this group u have said they should use 2 30 min RAs vs the mid groups 0 used RAs ^^

S

sorusi

2x thrust mercs, friar,1 paladin, i dont think healer will last long, ive seen it on mlf healers go down in 2 swings from each, and with sos the cleric can kite the nmy tanks while alb support root them etc

NO that would be beating a GOOD midd grp, how often do you see 4 tanks assisting etc?... its rare in all realms fyi...

and only sos is needed to win, or bof. one RA every 15min against a "good" midd grp :p

S

sorusi

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
if they have 0 chance of winning it's not a fair fight...

if you mean "even numbers fight" then you have a point :)

yeah well even numbers then o_O

B

bult

the 4 alb dmg dealers will do less dmg then the 4 mid dmg dealers and they will have alot more HP to go thru before the healer is dead since he will get heals from shammy/healer. The alb group is so clearly at a disadvantage in this scenario its really obvious.

B

bult

also both healers will have PR they can use so 4 healers and 1 shaman before the heals are gone.

S

sorusi

They are not, SoS and the midd tanks can be afk for 30sec... or if they get rooted they have to use purge etc.. and shamans do not have _uber_ heals :p but then everything is impossible if you really think it is :p

your also refering as if albs do not land mezz first, a good sorc with 1875 should land mezz first in any open area, exept milegates and souch... if they dont you should teach them how to mezz :p

first id advice you to try the grp in alb with good players before saying its wont work, because most alb grps have 2000 gimped armsmen etc in their grps and 20000 useless firewizards, or 20000 cabalists who aoe dot for 70 dmg :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom