alb zerg (not a whine just a plea)

O

old.Filip

and u know what, theurgs can and should spam air pet on both warden and druid vs hibbs, shaman,healer in midd..

agree ... give me that theug ...

albs in SoS mode cna run out of range (1500) in some seconds with sprint.. so they wont die..

i 100% agree with you ...

but remember the pets ... they should be nuking the cleric .... and the theug ..

there is many factor's in this ..

but as i said many times i think the perfect alb groups is a very good and FUN group to play in ... but you need hardcore "i play every nigth" players ... who allso have at least some skill ...

i come from RTS games ... and imho the skill lvl needed in daoc is so low compared to those games (SC//BW//AOC//AOM)

Filip
Minser of HB

C

Cala-more

when the zergs start, i tend to solo... I hope with the rvr expansion pack there is a solo area that ppl go to (eg u cant form a grp in this area.....ie no zergs)

J

Javai

Some thoughts about Sorc mezz range and cast time:

Yes I can get a mezz in (without quickcast if buffed, I have MoA II) and land it when seeing the enemy and I often do BUT the enemy can cast while running at us and it's instant so what generally happens is my mezz lands at almost exactly the same time as the instant, that's fine if they don't purge (and don't lets talk about group purge :rolleyes: ) cos then I can purge and demezz my group mates.

What normally sems to happen is my mezz lands - gets purged and then I got people bashing on me for rest of the fight meaning I can't demezz anyone else or use root or spam aoe mezz as an interupt. IF we got a cleric with purge then we got a chance cos they can stun some targets for me and I can demezz other classes, while the merc with determination III sorts out the enemy healers.

I DO agree that the range on mezz makes Alb compete better now than they did before but the fact remains that the other relams have instant aoe CC we don't. A Sorc has got to see the enemy in time stop, get a target and cast. The enemy has to see the target target it and keep running at it while using CC.

I'd also like to see some stats on other realms CC classes hits cos a zerker will take down a Sorc in 2-3 hits a merc can't do the same to a bard which seems to be the appropriate comparison?

S

sorusi

if you have 4 tanks on same target they will all go down in 1 - 3sec, so if they do 500 dmg each or 2k dmg each doesnt really matter since they will both be dead

O

old.Filip

if you have 4 tanks on same target they will all go down in 1 - 3sec, so if they do 500 dmg each or 2k dmg each doesnt really matter since they will both be dead

agree with you in much sorusi ...

but thats a strange argument ...

if 4 tanks all do 2k dam on 1 target each then the other's can assist all they want ...

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by sorusi

What? Now you're lecturing us that we should have 4 offensive tanks in the balanced alb group. Along with the sorc, minstrel, theurg, paladin, cleric and wizzie. And if its a shoot off between which set of tanks gets their targets down quicker we all know that mid tanks will drops the cloth wearing alb casters faster. Plus they will have limitless endurance to move on to their next victim with, which even with a pally in a group the alb tanks may not have due to the rediculously low range on end chant. Instead of coming with the "Im-so-uber-and-youre-so-shite" bs, get off your high horse, graciously accept the class advantages that mid currently has and take a dose of humility to wash it down with.

O

old.anubis

yea, nerf mids and up albs a bit more plz

---------------------------------
And now, the list you've been waiting for. In alphabetical order, players with at least one level 50 character may create level 30 alternate characters in the following realm/servers:

Bedevere - Midgard
Bors - Albion
Bors - Hibernia
Galahad - Hibernia
Galahad - Midgard
Gawaine - Midgard
Igraine - Midgard
Lancelot - Hibernia
Lancelot - Midgard
Merlin - Hibernia
Palomides - Hibernia
Palomides - Midgard
Percival - Hibernia
-----------------------------------

mid - 6
hib - 6
alb - 1 (!!!)

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/887.php

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
What? Now you're lecturing us that we should have 4 offensive tanks in the balanced alb group. Along with the sorc, minstrel, theurg, paladin, cleric and wizzie. And if its a shoot off between which set of tanks gets their targets down quicker we all know that mid tanks will drops the cloth wearing alb casters faster. Plus they will have limitless endurance to move on to their next victim with, which even with a pally in a group the alb tanks may not have due to the rediculously low range on end chant. Instead of coming with the "Im-so-uber-and-youre-so-shite" bs, get off your high horse, graciously accept the class advantages that mid currently has and take a dose of humility to wash it down with.

Just wanted to point out that under soruzi's suggest plan of attack the paladin would be assisting the merc + friar, so the paladin would naturally be in range to provide end regen :x

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by StormriderX
Just wanted to point out that under soruzi's suggest plan of attack the paladin would be assisting the merc + friar, so the paladin would naturally be in range to provide end regen :x

Which would leave the casters un-guarded, and the paladin (if 1h) hitting for less than any one else in the group, effectively making him an endurance bot. I'm just tired of the endless nonsense that's put out that somehow all albs are crap, that the other realms have any clue how difficult it is to get a balanced group on excal/alb going these days and that midgard doesn't currently have the best of both worlds - large rvr population combined with distinct class advantages (which is why the nerf is coming Anubis...). These boards were once a half decent read, now it's all "Albs zerg, albs are shit" from people who if they are much over 14 years old really should know better.

Anyways, can you tell how pissed off I am with it ? :p

S

sorusi

no its not like that but most of you albs form shit grps and dont even try to compete, so you start zerging, then you blame classes..

S

sorusi

paladin should run between offence slamming and defence slamming all the time imo, and casters should try to stay near their tanks etc.. but nvm no point posting suggestions how you can improve your rvr here because most of you all have excuses "no we acnt do that" "no our classes are piece of shit" blalbalba

O

old.Wildfire

18258.jpg

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by sorusi
paladin should run between offence slamming and defence slamming all the time imo, and casters should try to stay near their tanks etc.. but nvm no point posting suggestions how you can improve your rvr here because most of you all have excuses "no we acnt do that" "no our classes are piece of shit" blalbalba

Read the post. With a balanced group we do compete, but it's getting the balanced group that is the problem. Every single post you make is saying albs do this, or don't do that, or that we have the classes etc etc. None of those are the problem - its about how damn hard it is in this realm on this server to get those balanced groups up and running. When you understand that you might begin to understand the frustration some of us have at the moment.

As for your suggestions for paladins, when all factors in a battle combine to make that possible then great... the reality is usually far from that simple. But seeing as you've got a myrmi sorc then you clearly know better than anyone else in albion...

P

parlain

Read the post. With a balanced group we do compete, but it's getting the balanced group that is the problem. Every single post you make is saying albs do this, or don't do that, or that we have the classes etc etc. None of those are the problem - its about how damn hard it is in this realm on this server to get those balanced groups up and running. When you understand that you might begin to understand the frustration some of us have at the moment.

As for your suggestions for paladins, when all factors in a battle combine to make that possible then great... the reality is usually far from that simple. But seeing as you've got a myrmi sorc then you clearly know better than anyone else in albion...

Couple of things:

Yes I do go from offence to defense a good amount depending on situations-Farek and I are trying out the idea of roving guards-i.e. as soon as you move away from your given guard you take it off so the closest shield tank can react if he's in trouble and you aren't the closest

No my damage output is no where near as gimped as people make it out to be-I use a jambaya too which makes me great for removing the pesky bt such that QS can land his hits + I can usually take out a caster in slam time if he's unhealed (especially elphs-I like bashing elphs :D)

Also obviously you have forgotton that Sorusi used to be a Sorc in Alb/Excal before he went off to Mid, so yes he DOES have a good view on the situation

S

sorusi

albs have alot of problems.

no rvr guild with complete grps.
not enuff support.
too many infs.

and alot of whiners :p

O

old.Sepiritz

Soruzi.. Yes, I agree, albs are far from gimps, we have alot of cool and good classes. We have good players and we can make valid groups. We also have the best RA's on high timers.

However, I dont see how you can claim that we have the best FG's because we are not up to mid and hib standards, sure we can compete but mids and hibs have the better classes and will win alot easier against albs.

For reference on class balances, have a look on the pvp servers and play spot the alb class.. ;)

P

parzi

he my arms on pvp kicked ass :p
i would not trade him for a hero if i could :)

if you want to see some really nice alb grps go to dartmoor (german server), there are 2 very good guildgrps (renaissance and krieger des lichts), who pwn about every other grp there.

I dont play there anymore, but i still idle and read in the servers irc channel, and omfg almost every day a big sos and bof whine starts there, and mids whine that they can not even win with 3fg against one. (tbh i think most of theese 3fg just really bad players ;P, i talked to an alb i know, for example skald was on cleric, cleric beats him once with his mace, and skald runs away lol). Take that as an example that alb can make good grps, although its harder for random grps.

But what i see in the albzerg are rr6+, and that makes me sad. ffs a player with 1mil+ rp should be able to form/go in a good guild with decent grps etc.

O

old.Filip

But what i see in the albzerg are rr6+, and that makes me sad. ffs a player with 1mil+ rp should be able to form/go in a good guild with decent grps etc.

it is not.... mostly becuase i think a lot of the excalibur albs dont play every day ...

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by parlain
Couple of things:

Yes I do go from offence to defense a good amount depending on situations-Farek and I are trying out the idea of roving guards-i.e. as soon as you move away from your given guard you take it off so the closest shield tank can react if he's in trouble and you aren't the closest

No my damage output is no where near as gimped as people make it out to be-I use a jambaya too which makes me great for removing the pesky bt such that QS can land his hits + I can usually take out a caster in slam time if he's unhealed (especially elphs-I like bashing elphs :D)

Also obviously you have forgotton that Sorusi used to be a Sorc in Alb/Excal before he went off to Mid, so yes he DOES have a good view on the situation

If you can get 2 shield tanks working together like that then great - good luck doing it consistently . It's alot easier when you group with the same people day in day out. And yes you will take out elphs that quick. Good luck trying to take a mid healer out though. Again though it all comes down to the same point - if you have a good group that you can work with day in day out then albs can compete. This is obvious. The whole point I made is simply that finding that kind of a balanced set up is particularly hard in albion at the moment. When sorusi was on alb/excal the situation was really not as bad as it is now. The game has changed so much since then and the requirements are significantly different now. To be honest, I'm pretty lucky in that our guild now has enough people coming through that getting a balanced group is alot easier than it has been. I speak up here because I'm not going to sit by and watch people slag off albion players while refusing to acknowledge the advantages they currently have - which hopefully will even out after 1.62. It's not a whine on my part, like I say we're getting pretty sorted in our guild - its just sticking up for the people I play alongside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom