Aion Legion (guild)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
i am expecting a slow game, but i remember daoc when it came out, people had 3 months played before reaching 50 ;]

aye I remember daoc when it came out aswell....

East svealand until 9 or so ->
Njesses lair until 14-16 or so ->
Vendo caverns pulling snakes/bears at the entrance (or if you had a group go into the big bear room until 20-21 or so then hitting the vendo ring until 25-26) ->
Varulv 26-34 or so ->
Spind doing trows or manslayers 34-40
Malmo 40-50

That was more or less my route when daoc went live :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
i am expecting a slow game, but i remember daoc when it came out, people had 3 months played before reaching 50 ;]

I can't remember how long it took me but i was 2nd lvl 50 NS on excal :) good old Fin's days.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
This is bolx, every server full and cant log "too many users"

Aada

Part of the furniture
Aye i couldn't get on the Spatulas server or whatever its called ;/

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Ah the start of a new mmo, downtime and unstable connections.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I got on telemachus early so w/e I'll probably stay there :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
gonna wait for them to open up a few more servers before i start to play.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I got on telemachus early so w/e I'll probably stay there :)

Thats what i'm on as Spat was insanely busy, so far though on general chat a lot of UK people there.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
its insane queues on all servers.

fuck knows how they will deal with this on friday when the real launch is if they havent opened new servers by then...

Syri

FH is my second home
I think they'll get some more servers in, a lot of people commented that the pre-order numbers were a bit high for the number of servers planned, so I'd expect they'd already have some on order just in case it worked out that way when it went live.
probably one of the hardest things to judge when launching an mmo. Don't get enough, and you end up like WoW's launch, laggy, crashing all over and over-crowded everywhere. Get too many, and you end up like WAR, empty zones and server merges within a few months. Very hard to decide just how many to get.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I think conservatively adding two servers would be fine.
The respawn times on monsters/items is very fast so even with the zones flooded its fine questing/grinding.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think they'll get some more servers in, a lot of people commented that the pre-order numbers were a bit high for the number of servers planned, so I'd expect they'd already have some on order just in case it worked out that way when it went live.
probably one of the hardest things to judge when launching an mmo. Don't get enough, and you end up like WoW's launch, laggy, crashing all over and over-crowded everywhere. Get too many, and you end up like WAR, empty zones and server merges within a few months. Very hard to decide just how many to get.

no its not, all they have to do is look at the number of ppl that are valid for the headstart, then look at the player cap on the servers and then do some math...

if you have 20.000 ppl valid for headstart but only have servers that can have 15k ppl combined, then you know you have problems.

and atm on primetime across all the EU servers they have about 8 - 10.000 ppl in queues.

thats a tad to many, and just might make them lose quite alot of subs and still end up having to merge or cluster...

mooSe_

FH is my second home
no its not, all they have to do is look at the number of ppl that are valid for the headstart, then look at the player cap on the servers and then do some math...

if you have 20.000 ppl valid for headstart but only have servers that can have 15k ppl combined, then you know you have problems.

and atm on primetime across all the EU servers they have about 8 - 10.000 ppl in queues.

thats a tad to many, and just might make them lose quite alot of subs and still end up having to merge or cluster...

well as long as they don't start opening loads of new servers and then finding all the populations on them too low and then having to transfer everyone off them...

ileks

Part of the furniture
The private stores are a problem tbh. You can just afk for hours when you have a store up which isn't helping the queues.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The private stores are a problem tbh. You can just afk for hours when you have a store up which isn't helping the queues.

yep.

they need to get rid of that as we already have the AH, and the private stores isnt helping other then to keep ppl queue evading...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well as long as they don't start opening loads of new servers and then finding all the populations on them too low and then having to transfer everyone off them...

i'd rather see that happen then to few servers and massive queues.

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm suprised they went with the private stores idea - EQ2 tried that at launch but it was very unpopular and was dropped - its also very un-eco to keep your pc on all day just to sell stuff in an mmo :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I love bazaars they are awesome you guys are all wrong :p

The only problem they have is that you cant just afk normally w/o getting DCd, that would stop private stores w/ AFK comments.

A solution FFXI came to to drive bazaars out of towns was to set a town tax in the biggest city so you had to bazaar "outside" it to avoid tax /grin which led to some awesome mass MPK, until they changed the MPK system :d

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom