Age range

Tilda

Friend of mine was at a party (he's 22) and there was a girl there who was 16 who he thought was hot, and he thought she was interested.
He didn't go for it because his age range stops at 18!

If she was really cute, and we got on well, I wood have.
In the grand scheme of things 6 years isn't much.

Am I wrong?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I've got a 23 year old friend currently dating a 17 year old and to be honest they are really good together :) I think age ranges are there but i'd say witin reason... for example a man of 40 years old wants to go with a 16 year old thats just wrong in my eyes.. a guy of 20-22 with a 16 year old i'd say its abit iffy but if its what both of them want and they both know how old the other is then good for them.

personally i'm 24 (currently in a relationship with a 29 year old) ofc that age difference would be acceptable for obv reasons :p but IF me (24) would get asked out by a 16-17 year old i'd say no (however if the 17 year old was extremely mature as in no kiddie attitude etc I may say yes).. 18 is my limit for 24 (dunno why and I can't explain it.. just feels right)

Mey

Part of the furniture
Yes! 22 is far too old for a 16 year old. I think there is a vast difference in maturity. the oldest I'd say was alright for a 16 year old was 18.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with Tilda.

I don't think it would make a big difference. I know quite a few who had quite functional relationships with that kind of age difference.

Heck, my aunt and uncle got a 15 years age difference between them are one of the most merry couples I know.

How they meet and such is kinda sick first time one hears it, but whatever, they are happy and love each other... don't see why age should matter then.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Obviously the older you get the bigger the age difference you can have, aslong as that person is also fairly old. As soon as you have teens dating adults I think it starts to get iffy.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
16 is abit too young, 18+ pref. i'd hit 8teeners (ahah pun!) but dating so young girls you really start to notice their immaturity, at least to my experience... 17 is, well, not totally dismissed but depends on the curcumstances

and tilda, you'd hit anything thats -16

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
My first thought is "babysitter". ;)

Try teacher ;)

EDIT: Just to clearify, He was her teacher in college, she fell madly in love with him and the day she graduated she dedicated herself to getting her "claws" into him, not the teacher hitting on the student or something like that

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I've got a 23 year old friend currently dating a 17 year old and to be honest they are really good together :) I think age ranges are there but i'd say witin reason... for example a man of 40 years old wants to go with a 16 year old thats just wrong in my eyes.. a guy of 20-22 with a 16 year old i'd say its abit iffy but if its what both of them want and they both know how old the other is then good for them.

personally i'm 24 (currently in a relationship with a 29 year old) ofc that age difference would be acceptable for obv reasons :p but IF me (24) would get asked out by a 16-17 year old i'd say no (however if the 17 year old was extremely mature as in no kiddie attitude etc I may say yes).. 18 is my limit for 24 (dunno why and I can't explain it.. just feels right)

Well that was just filled with inconsistencies.

23-17 ok, since it's your friend and they go well together. 20 and 16 iffy(even if smaller difference then your friend). You 24 and 29 a-ok since it's you, but again 16-20 iffy even with smaller difference then you...argh...

I say do what you do, with who you do, te daddy with the shotgun will keep it in reasonable limits.

I'm up for anything and age means abso-f*cking-lutely nothing.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
fuck yeah, give her someone else's phone number though

Lucius

Banned
Age range gets a bit more lenient as you get older I think.

Like a 5 year difference is nothing in your middle-ages whilst in your teens it's pretty extreme.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I just think it's completely dependent on the personality/maturity and not measurable by numbers.

Have met 25 year olds who are more like 16, and 17 year olds who are smarter and more mature then 30 year olds.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
I've recently come out of a relationship, im 22 and she was 17, she couldnt get on with the age barrier and thought i was too mature.

But i still think if the personality is good, and their still mature enough then age shouldnt be a problem.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Friend of mine was at a party (he's 22) and there was a girl there who was 16 who he thought was hot, and he thought she was interested.
He didn't go for it because his age range stops at 18!

If she was really cute, and we got on well, I wood have.
In the grand scheme of things 6 years isn't much.

Am I wrong?

Yeah, most people that age (16) are not mentally mature enough, also they are normally self absorbed and dont fully understand how their actions affect other people.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I agree with Tilda.

I don't think it would make a big difference. I know quite a few who had quite functional relationships with that kind of age difference.

Heck, my aunt and uncle got a 15 years age difference between them are one of the most merry couples I know.

How they meet and such is kinda sick first time one hears it, but whatever, they are happy and love each other... don't see why age should matter then.

All sounds a bit Josef Frinkel or whatever he's called :p

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
i agree with bloodomen, the maturity levels are always there, even if they seem fairly normal, especially with women, they'll generally get really attached and start making up bullshit to their friends then go all lovey which you dont really want but if its just sex then less talk more pounding

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yep agree with whats being said here, a 16 yr old may have all the right bits in all the right places but their brains are a similar consistancy to scrambled egg and they dont have any experience to fall back on. saying that there are some who are very mature and able to handle a relationship, but its the ones who cant that its worth looking out for because theyre fragile at that age and tbh you dont want to do any perma damage to a young ego.

when i was 17 my bf was 27 we went out for about 5 months and it was a nightmare, i was far too young to cope with it and was "play acting" the part of the dutiful gf from what i'd witnessed in other relationships and i didn't enjoy it at all.

If your friend wants to "date" this gal as in go out have fun but not do any of the serious stuff then he has to make sure he lets her know and draws boundaries because otherwise she'll likely be thinking "whats wrong with me" and "what did i do wrong??" when i was 15/16 i never had a bf and i always used to think it was because they all hated me and i was ugly and stuff the usual you know? then when i was about 18/19 i met a guy i'd had a heuge crush on at school, i asked him (in bed after i'd just boinked his butt off...what?) why no one ever made a move on me when we were at school and he said all the guys were scared of me because i seemed so tough and acted like i wasn't interested in them. well there you go. a 16 year old may seem to be one thing on the outside but inside they might be something totally diferent.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
But it's not that clear cut though.

Sure a 16 year old doesn't have the experience of an EXPERIENCED 21 year old, but many 21 year olds haven't had serious relationships either.

Also, maturity ages are going down, probably due to general maturity standards going down the drain at the same time.

You just can't say "21 year old shouldn't date a 16-17 year old" because it's not always the case.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I shagged a 16yo earlier this year (im 20) it was pretty crap!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I shagged a 16yo earlier this year (im 20) it was pretty crap!

I know! we sent it to you've been framed... sadly we didn't get £250 for it... they demanded we pay them £250 for airing such a fake performance :p

leviathane

Part of the furniture
main problem with going out with a young'un is they can't really come on a night out etc. :)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
22 is too old for 16 imo

When i was 22 i was with a 17 (she turned 18 pretty soon after being together) and the maturity difference was too much for me, she was still at the playing games age and was difficult tho i did really like her.

I'm now 25 and with a 27 year old and thats just right for me

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
22 is too old for 16 imo

When i was 22 i was with a 17 (she turned 18 pretty soon after being together) and the maturity difference was too much for me, she was still at the playing games age and was difficult tho i did really like her.

So where's the magical limit in your opinion?

17? 18? 19? One day REALLY that decider?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
So where's the magical limit in your opinion?

17? 18? 19? One day REALLY that decider?

well were speaking about general terms, you could pick any scenario and there would be exceptions
So i am not entirely sure what your argument is,
MOST 16 year olds are not as experienced as MOST 22 year olds :p

Mey

Part of the furniture
Also a 22 year old has alot more freedom than a 16 year old.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
well were speaking about general terms, you could pick any scenario and there would be exceptions
So i am not entirely sure what your argument is,
MOST 16 year olds are not as experienced as MOST 22 year olds :p

The thing is, you can't say most as it's not just "there's this one woman on this planet". There are plenty.

You can't f*ck a 15 year old, but a day later, you can.
You say a girl is immature, but on the next day she's an adult.
etc etc...it's just closeminded and silly to look at numbers like that.

About what Sparx said further, how about that most 20+ women STILL play games.

Not to mention, it's ok for a 19 year old to date a 17 year old, but suddenly when this 19 year old is 21, it's weird? Or a day before, the 17 year old was 16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom