Age of Conan

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
anyone have a link to the podcast that explains the keep sieges? can't find it in this thread :/

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Woohoo \o/

A whole section just for us AOC'ers !

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
hey jox, you dont happen to remember wich clan of conan had the video about the sieges? i cant find the bloody thing and i wanna know if theres gonna be pvp sieges on pve servers or if its only gonna be pve mobs attacking.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I can't find it either. However there are two forms of sieges in the original idea. Unknown if they dropped it. Goes like this:

Player Village (PVE). In an own instance with other PVE villages from other guilds or by itself. Not sure. Some part away in this instance there will be pve mobs hiving, building a fort over days. At some point they will attack the guild PVE village. The opposite can be done by the player (attacking the NPC hive).

Border Keep. This is 100% PvP sieging , with siege weapons etc.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
oh, and is border keeps also player built and operated or is that fixed structures already in place? (think DAoC rvr keeps here)

and the player villages cant be attacked by other guilds? even on a pvp server? or can it be done on the pve server aswell?

if not i'm bummed. was the biggest draw in for me :/ would love to build a village and then defend it from other guilds.

damn hard to find anything actually conclusive about all this.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Border Keeps are player built and managed. They are on fixed plots yeah but needs to be constructed. They give bonuses to the guild in various forms and some items can only be crafted there (iirc).

Player villages are strictly about PVE and resource gathering, there is no pvp afaik.

Yeah I know, there's not too much info...

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
what so we can have a village and not have to worry about defending it we can focus on a border keep instead?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
what so we can have a village and not have to worry about defending it we can focus on a border keep instead?

Building a Border Keep requires a Rank 3 village (whatever that means) afaik. Just to make sure that guilds that claim the limited 9 lots in the border kingdoms will be up for the task.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Building a Border Keep requires a Rank 3 village (whatever that means) afaik. Just to make sure that guilds that claim the limited 9 lots in the border kingdoms will be up for the task.

Also, we will have to worry about defending the village, since there will be PvE mobs periodically laying siege to it, unless we cull them now and then. Or at least that was the intention.. no idea if that's in yet.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
hmm, the limited lots suggest that you need to have a pretty badass guild to be able to get a lot/or take it from another guild, and then keep it.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It's to promote competition but I dont think you'll have to be that badass to have one given that on most mmo servers theres usually only 1-3 elite guilds and then a herd of average guilds.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i can live with competition. but having only 9 lots seems a tad cheap.

especially since most mmo servers nowadays can sustain a population of 3000+ ppl.

gonna be so much AC flip raids on those keeps they are gonna be forced to do something about it.

and i doubt that the NPC guards will be much of any use once ppl figure out how the AI work.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
i can live with competition. but having only 9 lots seems a tad cheap.

especially since most mmo servers nowadays can sustain a population of 3000+ ppl.

gonna be so much AC flip raids on those keeps they are gonna be forced to do something about it.

and i doubt that the NPC guards will be much of any use once ppl figure out how the AI work.

There won't be alarmclock raids. There is a siege timer window that only can be active during prime time.

I've tried explaining it here: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/age-conan333/227540-read-regarding-border-kingdom.html

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
"Oh, man. This is a big one. Later this year we will be introducing a massive new addition to the game, tentatively titled Kingship. This will allow guilds to form alliances and fight for special battlekeeps where they can construct wonders of the world – or steal them from other alliances!"

Sounds really great!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Time for you PVE peeps to come on a PVP server imo so we can get a big FH guild going :p

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
Time for you PVE peeps to come on a PVP server imo so we can get a big FH guild going :p

Aye, would be nice with more daoc ppl on Fury.. need something to shove down the SUN, RUScorp and KoS newbs throats...

Though always hilerious to get jumped by a bunch of SUN newbs just to 2 shot their whole group with zeh OP PoM critical stack xD

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

probably alot more ppl on the pve servers so if were gonna be democratic its you who should go to the pve servers :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Will probably try PvP a bit after I get a couple of PvE toons to 80. Guess it would be fun to have guild on both types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom