Age of Conan

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
That's good, seems there is a majority of WAR people here, AOC is going to be a very nice game.

rynnor

Rockhound
I'll buy it if only due to the prolonged wait for Warhammer - then it has a few months to capture my interest.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
the only 2 things (as of yet) thats making me choose AoC over Warhammer is the player built cities/towns/keeps/whatever you wanna call them.

i cant wait to get in a guild and manage to get one of those going and then try to defend it :)

oh and ofc the Mammoth mount you get from the swedish preorder offer at lvl 40 :D

sure, Warhammer sounds fun and all but i dunno, all in all it kinda feels pretty "meh" to me.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well as said before, AOC has two types of player constructed buildings: Border Keep (BK) and Player Village (PV). BK is for PVP and PV is for PVE.

I guess it's the BK you are referring to and yeah it will be for guilds to defend vs. other guilds and mercenaries. (you can hire yourself out to other guilds for a contract fee). So it will be kind of like frontier keeps in DAoC, those days were cool :)

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah the mercenary idea I found pretty cool as well. Cause I probably won't be in a big guild but a small one with some IRL friends. So being hired as spies, saboteurs, infiltrators or just muscle can be fun.

I do have a question about the original AoC forums. I've registered there but I'm not receiving any activation email (same with a friend of mine). Is this normal or is it still only open for beta players?

(I've tried the contact us forum option and some info email address if people didn't receive an activation email, but still no reply after 2 weeks).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yeah i love the mercenary idea to.

lets start a mercenary guild?!? :D

puhleeeeeeeease?!? :D

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I do have a question about the original AoC forums. I've registered there but I'm not receiving any activation email (same with a friend of mine). Is this normal or is it still only open for beta players?

(I've tried the contact us forum option and some info email address if people didn't receive an activation email, but still no reply after 2 weeks).
Checked spamfilter? My AOC newsletter went there at start.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Totally empty (as I hardly receive spam nowadays on my hotmail account). The filter is totally empty and I've received even the newsletter before from the conan site. So why I didn't receive an activation email is completely unknown. Mate of mine even uses a gmail address and didn't get any either.

taB

Part of the furniture
I'd rather like a mammoth, it'd taste nicer on a bbq.

However I think £25 plus Rhino from Play.com is gonna have to be done :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I've been in the beta for a similarly titled but non NDA breaking game called wage of shonan, and tbh :/ it looks great, gameplay mechanics are fun....but runs like a total dog on my not so old system. ~ 2.6ghz core duo 2, 2gb ram and a x1950pro.

taB

Part of the furniture
I've been in the beta for a similarly titled but non NDA breaking game called wage of shonan, and tbh :/ it looks great, gameplay mechanics are fun....but runs like a total dog on my not so old system. ~ 2.6ghz core duo 2, 2gb ram and a x1950pro.

I have a similar setup with 4-core goodness, so fingers crossed I'll be able to enjoy wage of shonan. Worth a try anyways :).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

probably the major reason for the delays i'd guess. trying to make the game run for those that cant afford the best of the best. not a good thing if you plan to compete with one of the 2 biggest games around.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture

Wage of Shonan whimpers at your graphics card, probably the reason why it is dogging you.

I have a similar setup and have more or less the same bitching experience, but new PC be incoming soon!

Also, check out what kind of dance Cimmerians will do in the game: YouTube - Spektakulær Hallingdans digitaliseres (Spectacular Hallingdans is being digitalized)
[youtubevid]qp87knh1UBQ[/youtubevid] (language is norwegian but video shows for itself)

The client allegedly has really improved since last year so it runs a tad better on mid-end machines, you will still be able to play at reduced graphic details though.

45 days to go!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
even with a new graphics card.... wage of shonan wants 4gb ram, minimum to run the game at any sort of fps :p

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
This wage of shonan really lokos and sound alright. I've always wanted a more visceral, more dexterity-based combat system for my rpg; too many point & click crud types around.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
They finally gave me access to the forums (they have changed as well, probably to prepare for launch). So now I can finally post :D

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Well I ain't really interested in the PvP minigames so I'll pass (to keep the game completely new when I get my CE discs).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yeah i'm not gona sign up for anything either until the game is launched.

will be nice to start a game without having played it in a beta/weekend events beforehand.

so now i just hope i'm not gonna get a beta invite that i signed up for long ago.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yeah I read, I've not gotten mine yet though.

Anyways, for those with shoddy computers, Wage of Shonan latest beta build really has improved performance wise.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
The AoC Wiki - Hunt For Mitra has started (and it's quite easy). So go try it and see if you're lucky. They offering 5 beta spots and 5 gamecards for AoC :)

Hunt For Mitra

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom