Crap Afghanistan

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The men would rather fuck 12 year old boys then throw gays off rooftops than defend their country from a bunch of primates.

Fuck'um.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The men would rather fuck 12 year old boys then throw gays off rooftops than defend their country from a bunch of primates.

Fuck'um.

That's a tad harsh, there were lots of men protesting in occupied places.

I do think this is another negative effect of 'exporting democracy' - they're inspired by the West, where most protests of this size ('a couple of dozen') won't get much attention, but I fear that all these women are now known and their families, and as soon as the West formally declares their non-interventionalist policy, arresting them won't really cause much diplomatic outrage.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
That's a tad harsh, there were lots of men protesting in occupied places.

I do think this is another negative effect of 'exporting democracy' - they're inspired by the West, where most protests of this size ('a couple of dozen') won't get much attention, but I fear that all these women are now known and their families, and as soon as the West formally declares their non-interventionalist policy, arresting them won't really cause much diplomatic outrage.

Agreed. But what can we do? This is a tiny minority of clinical nutters (or that's how it is painted) taking over a country, if the natives aren't willing to stop the nutter minority then our options are pretty much extermination of the nutters, at huge cost, or letting them get on with it.

Chucking equipment and 20 years of training at them obviously failed, so the only other option is literal extermination or, as mentioned, just allowing it and moving on. Which do you prefer?

Also, protesting means dick in the real world, it may work when you only care about the front page of the news, it means absolutely nothing in a primitive society. Action matters, which is just not compatible with western philosophy.

And let's be honest, for many of these religious weirdos, death is the only way they will stop being cunts, so kill them or let them carry on, there is no middle ground.

Last edited:

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Agreed. But what can we do? This is a tiny minority of clinical nutters (or that's how it is painted) taking over a country, if the natives aren't willing to stop the nutter minority then our options are pretty much extermination of the nutters, at huge cost, or letting them get on with it.

Chucking equipment and 20 years of training at them obviously failed, so the only other option is literal extermination or, as mentioned, just allowing it and moving on. Which do you prefer?

Also, protesting means dick in the real world, it may work when you only care about the front page of the news, it means absolutely nothing in a primitive society. Action matters, which is just not compatible with western philosophy.

And let's be honest, for many of these religious weirdos, death is the only way they will stop being cunts, so kill them or let them carry on, there is no middle ground.

I think that's the problem though.

'Chucking equipment and 20 years of training' clearly wasn't enough, it was pretty evident that the Army and the Government were pretty corrupt and inept, which is something that most Afghans must have been aware of for the past 20 years - they had nothing worth defending; I'd imagine for the vast majority life wouldn't be dramatically different than it would be under the Taliban and a Western-backed Government.

Look at India, we hold it up it up as 'the world's biggest democracy' and see them as allies, but the vast majority still live in extremely backward rural areas which don't get much coverage apart from when they do some honour killings, when the majority of Afghan soldiers come from these poorer backgrounds and are offered $100 to fuck off by the Taliban, it's a pretty sensible option to take over dying.

'Hearts and minds' was the main objective of the war, but it barely did anything to fundamentally change Afghan society when the actions of the West/Afghan Government didn't really show they were a better option.

I absolutely don't believe that we should 'leave them to it' because it will eventually cause issues in the long run for international security, and we'll see a rinse repeat of what we've done before and continue to make things worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom