Admins don't knowing the rules >:(

O

old.X3M.Lake

X3M has played to TEG for div 2a this evening, as was planned, but it all would went smoother if our admin (I don't name him here, but I'm sure you can find out who it was) had known the rules.

It was thx to TEG that we could at last finish the game, but our admin wasn't there 90% of the time, didn't give real answers or said who was on offense (map was depot) when we asked him for. At last our admin decided Allies would always attack (unlike what was said on the bwrtcwl-site), and we agreed because we wanted to finish the game.

Afterwards it doesn't really matter, but wouldn't it be nice if the league handles specific rules for a map to play, that admins are aware of those rules?

J

jkl

This will be getting looked into,
it`s not nice to think that some of our admins are not reading the news pages.

sorry for any mix up`s,i will be reviewing demo`s of the game in question

any further comments could u plz mail to

bwrtcwl@barrysworld.com

cheers
JaKaL
Head Admin
BWServer Admin

O

old.HighBoy

Originally posted by JaKaL
This will be getting looked into,
it`s not nice to think that some of our admins are not reading the news pages.

sorry for any mix up`s,i will be reviewing demo`s of the game in question

Yeah it was a mess......
But X3M had a 4-0 victory, no doubt about that....
Even though the Admin suddently told us the score was 3-1 (I wonder where i got that result from)

cya guys.

N

nocte

you must bair in mind that we have taken on a lot of new admins and this may have been their first game adminning. I know this is not an excuse for not reading the rules, as that is what the admins are there for, to enforce the rules.

I really hope that the game was not spoilt due to this mistake and i hope you have a trouble free league from now on. :D

O

old.X3M.Lake

Originally posted by Kornholio[UC_UK]
LOL @ the topic title :)

more like X3M.Lake don't knowing the english

:p
Agrr, try to speak 1 sentence of Dutch correctly before you commentated my second language :p

(I bet you can't even introduce yourself in Dutch :rolleyes: )

K

*Kornholio*

Dagse', my naam is Kornholio[UC_UK]... gaan kak :p

W

WFJuNkY

heh almost kornholio, it's
hallo, mijn naam is blablabla (replace the blablabla with ur name obviously)

K

*Kornholio*

Yeah, I answered in Afrikaans, it's similar...

W

WFJuNkY

ow ok, heh my african aint to good tho, weird sentence structures and all =)

N

Nogglet

I was the admin spoken of by X3M.Lake and i read up on the news bit ect 3 or 4 times before the day/match.

I wasn't sure when to change maps etc, so I asked twice last week on iRC, both times not recieveing a reply. On the evening I asked again and didnt get a responce till I asked the third time. The answer I recieved then was: Just do it like a normal week.

So I said, what, and swap teams after the first and the third?
Answer: Yes.

So i though, fair enough.....and did.

Then I thought, shouldn't I only swap teams half way through, and asked again on irc, the answer was again yes.:rolleyes:

There were mistakes made by myself, on your match, however I accept apsolutly no responsability for them.

Cheers......Nignog

M

McBastard

Originally posted by Nignog
I was the admin spoken of by X3M.Lake and i read up on the news bit ect 3 or 4 times before the day/match.

Even if it was rather frustrating at times (getting points annulled is never fun), I think we had an enjoyable match. Hope you didn't mind that I, as a jest, added to the confusion before the final game. Or at least I tried to. :D

In the future it might be a good idea for the top brass to write a cook book for the admins. Like

*game 1*
note 1: axis defends aa gun and is not allowed to blow field ops
note 2: on depot win screen doesn't appear at 0 timer
rcon map mp_depot
rcon timelimit 10

*game 3*
rcon swap_teams

yadda yadda yadda
Just a suggestion

N

Nogglet

Originally posted by McBastard

Even if it was rather frustrating at times, I think we had an enjoyable match. Hope you didn't mind that I, as a jest, added to the confusion before the final game. Or at least I tried to. :D

I didnt mind your jest at all. I was very frustrated as well believe me. In fact I was livid. I do a lot of prep before each week and make notes, includeing server, clans, game type etc etc.... visiting the news bit and often connect to a server before the game in an effort to get it spot on first time. In the past its all gone shmovely, last week was the acception. My ability has been tarnished through no fault of my own.

Im glad you still enjoyed your match.:fluffle:

B

bigbb

This week was a little more complicated than previously thought by Top Brass Intl. Their is an admin cookbook script which is used, but one problem was the time on the map kept resetting each map and after the warmup, so that was a bit of a pain. It was also a bit of a complicated way of doing the match, it seems it largelly went well and this match was still enjoyed, so jolly good show. Experimental week's such as this may indeed chuck up a few problems now and again.

Users who are viewing this thread