rules additions

O

old.pii_smith

maybe 2 more things could be stated explicitly in the rules:

1. goin into spectator mode during the match:
obviously u could go into spectator mode during a match and watch the other team. with the use of voice comms (which i totally agree that are allowed) this information could be passed on. this behaviour shold be stated as cheating, at least after the player recieved a warning from the admin to do so.

2. lagging by using a script to do so:
for this point i will show u part of the rules from the battle on beachhead tourney and if all agree with this something similar could be installed in the rules here.

"CVAR Lagging - Any modification of cvars which results in extreme player lag, or "warping" will not be tolerated. Referees will give a single warning when a player is spotted warping for more than a few seconds. During a 30 second period after the warning, the player may not perform any action which accomplishes an important goal for his/her team (such as grabbing the documents on Beach, or planting dynamite, etc.). If the player continues to warp after the 30 second warning has expired, then the referee shall summarily remove them from the game. It shall be left to the discretion of the referee, whether the team will be permitted a substitution to replace the lagger"

i know that this rule is somewhat hard, but maybe using a watered down version of it?

also i have a question regarding maxium number of player slots:
i have seen that the number was set to 13 for the league servers. (i was having my match on a lent server from a clan, which i would like to thank for, so there was no problem with max players (was 20))
in my opinion 13 is too low as it may happen that players lag complety out (999 ping) and have to reconnect. this could be impossible though if the old (lagged out, but not yet has hit time out) player is in there and all spots are taken this way.

thanks for listening and i would like to hear what the others think bout this point.

pii_smith

B

bigbb

Originally posted by pii_smith
maybe 2 more things could be stated explicitly in the rules:

1. goin into spectator mode during the match:
obviously u could go into spectator mode during a match and watch the other team. with the use of voice comms (which i totally agree that are allowed) this information could be passed on. this behaviour shold be stated as cheating, at least after the player recieved a warning from the admin to do so.
It does state in the rules, Spectators: 0. But, I agree a more explicit reference to this should be made under the cheating section.

2. lagging by using a script to do so:
for this point i will show u part of the rules from the battle on beachhead tourney and if all agree with this something similar could be installed in the rules here.

"CVAR Lagging - Any modification of cvars which results in extreme player lag, or "warping" will not be tolerated. Referees will give a single warning when a player is spotted warping for more than a few seconds. During a 30 second period after the warning, the player may not perform any action which accomplishes an important goal for his/her team (such as grabbing the documents on Beach, or planting dynamite, etc.). If the player continues to warp after the 30 second warning has expired, then the referee shall summarily remove them from the game. It shall be left to the discretion of the referee, whether the team will be permitted a substitution to replace the lagger"

Not sure, extremely difficult to see when people are encountering genuine lag and use of a lag scripting/modifications, which you've mentioned. The action you've recommended (not allowed to achieve any goal) for such a situation is also very difficult to police/implement, in match. A 'watered down version' will have to be thought over. I'll take a more in-depth look at this tonight and see what the others think.

also i have a question regarding maxium number of player slots:
i have seen that the number was set to 13 for the league servers. (i was having my match on a lent server from a clan, which i would like to thank for, so there was no problem with max players (was 20))
in my opinion 13 is too low as it may happen that players lag complety out (999 ping) and have to reconnect. this could be impossible though if the old (lagged out, but not yet has hit time out) player is in there and all spots are taken this way.

Players should timeout after about 30seconds if connection goes dead, but generally they're disconnected, which leads to immediate vacation of the server. Setting a highler limit is a fix to this potential problem but, i'm not sure if the server would return 'CD Key In Use' or such like if the dead player was in the server. Not sure, needs investigation.

O

old.pii_smith

thank you for your really quick answer.

concerning the problem with the cd-key, i can tell from my personal experience that its no problem as long as you reconnect to the same server.

pii_smith

B

bigbb

Oke doke, shouldn't be too much of a problem then, we'll see what the other side of the coin looks like later on. Thankfully we have a few days before Week 2 to work these things out.

Users who are viewing this thread