Crap Administrators suck

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
cock. Although I was made redundant on March 15th and GAME went into administration a week later, PwC (Price Waterhouse Coopers) have decided that, even though GAME had put the money aside for the March 15th redundancies, they are not going to pay up (from what I am led to believe).

So, this means instead of a nice payoff consisting of my statutory redundancy and my PILON at my salary I will be getting both the statutory amount for both payments. To top it all off I have heard nothing from the administrators of GAME. Today I rang the Government helpline on Redundancy and they said I had to wait for the administrators to send me form RP/1 before I can do anything.

This is just fucking shocking. The law needs to change to protect the employees more. At least give a time on when this form has to be posted and received, as at the moment there is none. Now I have to figure out my finances, chase an administrator for a form and then rely on the Government to pay me what I am due.

Fucking stinks. To top it off GAME Head Office staff, both existing and those shafted, met up in Basingstoke tonight, was nice to see the old faces. I learnt lots of new stuff, PwC are ruthless cunts. My friend who has worked there for 12 years (same as me) came into the office on Tuesday (same as many staff) and was told to pack up and be out at 5pm as he was redundant. No compassion, fuckall.

GAME Head Office is a ghost site, there are nearly 50 employees of PwC roaming the place, you cannot fart without PwC authorising it. Everyone is trying to rally round and I applaud them for that as it must be hard with bean counting fuckers watching everything you do. I can only imagine what the store staff must be experiencing at this point in time.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
to be fair PwC arnt the problem they are the ones who might get some of the employees continuing work...

they have to be harsh to save what can be saved of the business

Its the Game management you need to be angry at and the law if it lets them renage on an agreement you had before.

If the moneys not there to pay everyone then the money is just not there you know. Its not like the government are going to bail out Game like they did the banks.

I am guessing that with the debts like there was there wasnt enough to pay what they promised which is a game Board issue not the administrators who try to do the best for everyone.

I can see how all affected would be pissed off and i can see how pwc are the easy targets. I hope you sort your finances out and it gets better for you and all that lost their jobs.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
If the money is still in the company accounts when they go into administration then it's completely down to the administrators who gets paid from those assets. Unfortunately any agreements made before that are made completely null and void. That's the law and yes it's really sucks for those affected. It's PWC's job to now maximize the amount of money they can retrieve for all the creditors and ex-staff are now bottom of that shit-pile. But if they are ruthless enough and can streamline the business to something that someone will actually buy then that money could go towards paying off those outstanding creditors, including you, though I doubt it'd be anything like the full amount you were expecting or anytime this year.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Am I going to be in hot water if I said that since this is a GAME related thread, it should be....

But seriously, hope you're alright till the mess gets sorted

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Sorry that you're in that situation but it sounds like the administrators are doing exactly what they're supposed to.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They exist to maximise the chance of either the company being sold and continuing to function or to make sure that as many creditors get paid as possible.

They also milk the fuck out of it for themselves. The hourly rates they charge are obscene.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The company my sister worked for went in to administration just before she left, it seems they also try and overwhelm employees with information that just makes you not bother.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I don't really have an issue with losing my payments (at my salaried rate). The issue I have is that there are NO guidelines/requirements on how they communicate that to ex employees. I have NOT received a word from anyone at GAME or PwC apart from a P45 and a payslip. No explaination, no forms to send to the Government.

Met with all the teams last night, it seems PwC are trimming the Company based on spreadsheets, unfortunately for them the value and worth of the Company as an ongoing solution is in the knowledge and capability of the staff. From last night it looks like they culled the wrong staff.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Didn't know you worked for GAME, very sorry to hear you lost your job and having faced the same situation as you about 10 years ago i know exactly what you are going through and had exactly the same questions as you.

Administrators are not your friends and they do not care about your personal situation their job is to get the company sold, they do not care how long you have worked there and they do not care if you we're the hardest worker in the company.

In my opinion cut your ties with the company and move on asap you will not get your job back and would you really want your job back? GAME still can't sell the newest games and my local shop has barely anything on the shelves except overpriced preowned games which nobody wants.

10 years ago i was the same as you wondering what the hell was going on and it took me 2 years yes 2 fucking years to get my money.

Cut your ties, try to get your money and seek employment else where.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Deebs :(

If its any consolation I'd hire you in a flash (to clean my rim)

Chin up buddy

MWAH

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Didn't know you worked for GAME, very sorry to hear you lost your job and having faced the same situation as you about 10 years ago i know exactly what you are going through and had exactly the same questions as you.

Administrators are not your friends and they do not care about your personal situation their job is to get the company sold, they do not care how long you have worked there and they do not care if you we're the hardest worker in the company.

In my opinion cut your ties with the company and move on asap you will not get your job back and would you really want your job back? GAME still can't sell the newest games and my local shop has barely anything on the shelves except overpriced preowned games which nobody wants.

10 years ago i was the same as you wondering what the hell was going on and it took me 2 years yes 2 fucking years to get my money.

Cut your ties, try to get your money and seek employment else where.
It is not about getting my job back, I do not want it back. What I want is to start the process rolling where I can claim against the National Insurance Fund something I cannot do until the Administrators decide to send me some paperwork.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Deebs :(

If its any consolation I'd hire you in a flash (to clean my rim)

Chin up buddy

MWAH
I'd use my tongue as well for that extra special treatment.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That's pretty shit Deebs :(
Saw Reubs last night, he is ok considering how they treated him. Taking his girls to the zoo today (on his own!).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Saw Reubs last night, he is ok considering how they treated him. Taking his girls to the zoo today (on his own!).
Cool :)

Reminds me, I need to take mine to the zoo again.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Cool :)

Reminds me, I need to take mine to the zoo again.
Show them were Daddy came from?

Sorry for the OTness - but if anyone lives remotely close to Leicester, Twycross Zoo is pretty good now! - I'm sure Shagrat will back me up on this one

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
Thats really shitty Deebs....I have no advice for you as am rubbish at that sorta political/givernmental paperwork stuff....but send you a big hug x x x

Chilly

Balls of steel
come work at bf towers - can make a few intros if you want tony. It's west London, though.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
It's a shitter, and I'm sorry to hear it. you'll probably find that it doesn't take long to get what you need. Administrators tend to be extremely effecient. It's kind of in the nature of what they do. They want to get it done, finished, and move on to the next carcass to start picking the bones of.

Good Luck.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Different kind of administrators Toht (unless you think you're being funny), keep up.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Joker-the-joker-26623760-500-333.jpg

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just as a heads up T only about a month ago did I get a form for the statutory redundancy that I was entitled to for Woolworths because we weren't given sufficient notice. That's years after the event btw.

If you have anything in writing about your redundancy mate I believe you may have to make a written representation to the administrators and see what happens. You may still get shafted but as I understand it the process is based upon who's owed the most so the higher up the ladder you are the more likely you are to get paid.

Need to keep hitting up that helpline for the advice you can get mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom