accidently delete my char

J

Jupitus

Indeed Fingoniel, eloquently put.

I must say, I find the best humour to be based on observation. When I first read Mr TNT's post I thought immediately that his cushion had slid onto his keyboard and hit the delete key, although I quickly realised what was really intended. This is why I enjoyed the cushion theme, it being based on a similar observation by someone else. No offence whatsoever intended to Mr TNT regarding his spelling, and congrats on getting your character back... I am sure you will find and kill me in the frontiers before long (again) :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

teh problem wus that i was relly w8ting 4 a reply frum Mr. T...
did the cusion screem or nto?

Yeah, glad you got the smelly skald back. Bragi smiled upon you
(it really cracked me up, tho, when you asked "who's the guy?"-> Bragi:))

M

Mr TNT

fo :) u can see our friamly is full of dumbs now :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Noooo... come on, group hug for Mr. T ;)
ateam.jpg

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Mr TNT
u want me to type in more about it then ?

my cusion an friamly r around here for a week on a big friamly do...

yeah I know, old.tROG posted a pic of the whole family earlier in the thread...they look squidgy enough, wouldn't imagine they'd try and get rid of Mr T :(

Anyways, glad to hear they failed and you got Mr T back :D

L

Lanceloc

Are there drugs for sale here or is everyone normally insane?

O

old.Wicoa

<Laughs> at Lanceloc's post.

Glad you had it restored Mr T. Glad to see GOA actually serving consumers when they don't actually have to :clap:

Night :sleeping:

O

old.tRoG

did you get him back with or without items/ cash etc. ?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.tRoG
did you get him back with or without items/ cash etc. ?

In other words: with our without stuffing?
(lets stick to the cushion theme, shall we?)

J

Jupitus

Did he come back with the zip done up badly so it isn't meshing together nicely at the bottom and can be pulled apart the wrong way?:p

O

old.Tohtori

I don't know why i send these threads to my "friend" but i do have to say, he does reply in the oddest of manners..just look at this one...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear MrT and the rest of his minions.

Your thread about us pillows is quite horrifying and truly an obnoxious site for even the hardest of pillows eyes. It is not because you suggest that we have a world wide organisation and are trying to take over it, but of the fact that the age old "Cushion" word is racists! I shiver while i even mention that word of opression and suffering. Please stop referring to us as "Cushions" and use our legal and true name Pillows! It is quite offensive and if this continues i am forced to take action, not that we would have a world wide organisation to take any action with but action in a lesser sence, like blowing the foundation of your home apart and sinking your dog into a pile of pudding.

Yours sincerely, Cumfy Fluffings, Headpillow master, 35th sofa in the 2nd district.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O

old.Sorenzo

He's back? Grats!
Wise move of GOA - we could use a morale boost ;)

S

Sortbane

[EDIT: oups.. Sorenzo read a little up and edited his rigth after I posted.. :rolleyes: (next time read a little more so I don't have to post about people not reading the threads properly ;) ]

btw: loved the "reply" from Tohtori's friend ;)

O

old.Sorenzo

Im a retard, I know ;)
oups.. Sorenzo read a little up and edited his rigth after I posted.. (next time read a little more so I don't have to post about people not reading the threads properly)
You did not HAVE to mention my name in the edit, did you? ;)
I did not read the whole thread at first, but not out of lazyness. I did not notice it was three pages long. I SWEAR! ;)

S

Sortbane

hehe, no worries.. as from now on it will say XXXX instead of your nick and since you already posted it as your name we will both have a little editing mill to go trough.. ah well, lets just leave it as it is and forget about it ;)

kinda bored now and cant get to sleep since it's way to hot outside for me even to consider sleeping.. :(

O

old.Iunliten

Mrt did they create an whole new pillow for you with same name and lvl 49 or did they give you the real mrt back?

(seeing a way of getting a respecc if you get a new char same lvl :rolleyes:

L

Luuna

LOL, a funny thread ... Was quite worried for a while, was abit like watching Cyrano de Bergerac. Glad it all turned out good for you in the end Mrt ... hope to see you running naked through Emain soon. I mean ... oh, n/m. :)

A

Anu

Glad to hear u got ur Skald back m8ty after all the hours and quiting TFC for it i'd be devistated aswell..

and FFS MAN LERN TO TPYE AND SPLEL :m00:

Wub TNT :fluffle:

N

NetNifty

oh come on did this topic over 1 year old really needed to be bumped?

B

Belsameth

I actually deleted the posts that bumped it...and another muppet does...gotto love this place...:p

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
This is all guessing and assuming...

I've seen several references to the 'Character Database' where, strangely enough, it seems all the characters are stored.

Not too many db admins are keen to do a partial restore from backup of a database, even if it can be done, because if you're not careful, data as it relates to the rest of the database can go out of sync, especially in larger, relational databases. (Some database systems simply can't do it and I don't know what DAoC uses behind the scenes). However, in theory there would be nothing to stop restoring the character details from backup into a dummy database to allow the data to be retrieved. The data could then be re-entered into the live database to bring the character back.

We know live edits of data are possible, because when we all lost a day's play back in March, we were given extra xp to make up for it therefore the database can be globally changed and edited.

However, this would all be time consuming, labour intensive and possibly tricky for the system admins... so to them, in practical terms, it can't be done. If the GOA peeps are doing their backups properly, there will be a copy of MrT on backup somewhere from the last few days or weeks.

Getting at it is another matter though.

This probably doesn't really help you though, I'm really sorry Mrt, I'd be gutted if my main got fried.

Agree with all the above, however Mythic have stated in a recent interview that the character database is stored in a flat file. It is not relational and can therefore be restored by a patient admin.

O

old.Xarr

omg it's alive..

god, i remember this thread. how the years go by :/

someone hold me

/dramatic

O

osy

ArtCameron%20Cushion.jpg

Can you hear both the liddul cousin and cushion laughing evily ?

A

Ardrias_Mid

I remember I giggled a bit irl at this when it happened :)

C

Cush

Originally posted by Belsameth
I actually deleted the posts that bumped it...and another muppet does...gotto love this place...:p

Its a great read, shame to let it go to waste.

K

kahl

I really feel sorry for that cousin.
Permanent guest of the Hospital for 5 years

N

)nick(

I linked this post in another post so you can blame me.. or derric.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom