accidently delete my char

O

old.chesnor

I know of at least 2 people who deleted thier chars whilst drunk or had lent their account to their cousin (yeah right) who deleted their lvl50 chars.

Both appealed via RightNow and both got their chars restored albeit without any coin or items.

S

Seyrcim

That sounds more like GOA only created new chars for them and set them to lvl 50.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Seyrcim
That sounds more like GOA only created new chars for them and set them to lvl 50.

That's the best you can get, I suppose...

"Cushion deleted my char! I demand retribution, GOA! I want my char, damnit! With 500 plat and all the weally, weally cool stuff!"
Oh.. nearly forgot that:
"NOW!"

M

Mr TNT

as long as i get my lvl 49+ skald back i be happy with out without items an gold

S

Sarnat

Items or gold won't be a problem. I'm sure our guild can get you equipped in a day or two, chain armour might be a little problem though.

Yes, there are back ups of all characters, but you can't just revert back one character easily. They are in a large database, and altering the database might break it somewhere else, like Roo explained.

L

listepik

Well, im pretty sure (read it somewhere) that GOA keeps a constant backup of char database (omg i hope they do), so they have MrT somewhere. maybe not in mint condition, maybe not with that "big wicked hammer of death and destruction", but rather a "miniscule mallet of tinckling sensations"..

The question is, tho, can they go in, and restore ONE char from the database, and if so, will they? Im guessing you need some serious bootlicking here, if you want it back.
Its really a surprising ammount of players who mysteriously end up in this situaiotn (i was close too, once in beta :p )

Good luck tho (somehow i hope you dont get it. i really dont like MrT. he hits me :eek: )

M

Mr TNT

hhehe :p

well i posted on that rightnow thing what esle can i do ?

I

ImLestat

I'm really sorry to hear this Mrt. :/ If this is any consolation (spelling?) I've read somewhere about a guy who got his char restored. I'm not sure, but I think he lost a level or two in the process, and I'm really sure that he lost all his items, but at least he got his char back. Hope you get your char back...

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.TNT
sickofit where could i find that guy ?

Bragi? God of poetry and patron of all skalds.
You might want to sacrifice a goat... gods like that kinda stuff.

L

-Light-

Offer to pay them an extra months subscription in return of their character money usually talks

Sorry to hear it tho mate although u are Middy scum

O

old.tRoG

if i was on the cs forums...

d00d that suxx0rz! fr4g d4t h4xx0r in70 g1mps d00d!

but since we're on a nice, (semi) civilized forum ill say this.

grab him by the neck and twirl him round and round and round until his face turns purple. then lay him flat on the road while a big 18-wheeler is reversing. after that squeeze his fat buttox into a rat cage and let them eat all his vital organs. you may then feed the scrap to your dog. when the dog poops place the poop in an owl hutch for the owl to eat and regurgitate him for the rest of his (albeit dead) life.

M

Mr TNT

Well i put a msg on rightnow but they will not see it because its working days only an staurday/sunday is days off so i have to wait till monday?

O

old.Andromalius

lvl 49 skald and not knowing who Bragi is?? Damn cushion...

A

Ardwan

You'd think that they would be able to just access the backup db to check that you had a lvl 49 character, and what stuff he had, and then just create a new character and give them the same stuff......but anything like that will take some time...and probably put the next patch back like a month, as they will have to train the 4 monkeys how to restore the character, and then retrain them to translate a word an hour..

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

One thing I would really like to know...
what was your cushion's excuse for deleting your character?

"You didn't fluff me enough!"
"You like the cushions in the living room much better than me?"
"Every time you sit on me, you fart like a troll! DIE SKALD!"

etc. etc.

Please, tell me.

J

j000 d000d

I remember that Psi's char was accidentally deleted by GOA, he got it back, but without lastname, money and items.

I hope the best for you.

M

Mr TNT

well they should read my post on rightnow soon as it a weekday lets hope GOA r nice ppl :)

O

old.moriath

Mobius deleted his main and then got it restored by GOA

He is on mid / pryd .. so hold out hope :D

M

Mr TNT

RAHRHAHRHAHRHAHRAHRHAHHAHRHAHRAHRHAHRHAHRAHRHAHRHRHARHARHHARHAHRHAHRAHRHAHRHARHAHRHAHAHRAHRHRHAHRHARHARHARHAHRHAHRAHRHARHAHRHRHAHRHAHRH

MRT IS BACK!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

we love u goa we do la la we do :DDDDDDDDD

and RAH!!!

M

Mr TNT

time to kill some more albs an hibs :D

btw thx for the info guys some of u did have my worryed for a mo there. btw i am not going to tell my cusion i got him back i think i keep betting him till he goes back home :p

O

old.Bowen

Originally posted by old.chesnor
I know of at least 2 people who deleted thier chars whilst drunk or had lent their account to their cousin (yeah right) who deleted their lvl50 chars.

Both appealed via RightNow and both got their chars restored albeit without any coin or items.

Do you think if I appeal and asked them to restore my lvl50 chr that I never had they'd let me? I mean Panini Sticker Album's let you send off for a full album so it's kind of the same priciple.

F

Flimgoblin

Just love the cushion tangent on this thread :)

damned fluffy pillows!

Now cousins - totally different matter.

J

Jupitus

Sickofit says:

Originally posted by sickofit...
One thing I would really like to know...
what was your cushion's excuse for deleting your character?

"You didn't fluff me enough!"
"You like the cushions in the living room much better than me?"
"Every time you sit on me, you fart like a troll! DIE SKALD!"

etc. etc.

Please, tell me.

Mr TNT replies:

Originally posted by Mr TNT
i was talking to him, his a dumass

... is it just me, or does anyone else think that's more than a little strange?

Anyone else having problems getting their tumble dryers to move to Pryd/Hib, by the way??

:p

M

Mr TNT

u want me to type in more about it then ?

my cusion an friamly r around here for a week on a big friamly do the little boy is 13 an plays on my pc every time they come around the last 2 times they been around i let him start up a new char, this time we started a thane got him up to lvl 10 but he did not enjoy it so we started a hib on exc server which he got board because he put the wrong points in so we deleted them 2 char an some other odd ones we made like a norsman etc so he got in a roll of deleting char an when he come quiting the game he hit delete char an typed in yes an pressed ok, its like when u get use to some thing you can do it without thinking like typing u dont need to look at ur keys to type. He is a dumass for doing this i know but his only 13 so i did not bet him up to bad :) his excuse for deleting my character was i was talking to him at the same time as he was trying to quit out of daoc so all his brain power was not on pressing 1 button, now if u still think this is strange i dont care because i think its strange how he could hit 1 button an type 3 letter an press 1 more button. the kid has no brains aka dumass

and bowen no i think they would check u had a lvl 50 char before they did any thing!

F

Flimgoblin

I think Mr T has misunderstood..

In your original post you've mis-spelled 'Cousin' (aunt or uncle's son/daughter) as 'Cusion' which is rather close to 'cushion' (fluffy pillow-like thing you keep on your setee)

And some people have picked up on that and had a laugh about it
(it's quite an amusing concept, a fluffy pillow deleting your character... if a bit mean to pick on someone's mis-spellings)

Hope that clears things up?

PS. Glad to hear you got him back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom