accidently delete my char

M

Mr TNT

my cusion has deleted my main char is there any way i can get it back?
who can i email i tryed that rightnow an nothing on it about it :/

B

Brannor McThife

You and your cousin, repeatedly.

:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

I feel for you...I really, really do. But they cannot do it. Others have had the same happen, but there is nothing to be done, other than start again. :(

<winces>

-G

B

Brannor McThife

MrT, RightNow. That's your only real chance, albeit miniscule. Can't offer much more than that. :(

-G

F

Flimgoblin

Ouch, nasty :(

but as Brannor says, doubt they can do anything about it :(

O

old.Tohtori

So your cousin accidently got to your account, accidently went to exc/pryd, accidently chose your biggests char when it reads "Mr. Munckin lvl 50" on the screen, accidently pressed the delete button, accidently types Y E S and ACCIDENTLY pressed the confirm button and you were where?

You sure you just didn't delete it accidently when you were drunk? :p

A

Alrindel

He never said that his cousin did it accidentally.

One of the rangers in our guild had his character deleted by his brother. Fortunately he was only level 25 or so, but he still had to start over from scratch.

O

old.Tohtori

Topic: accidently delete my char

quote: my cusion has deleted my main char is there any way i can get it back?

It's what it sayes...

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

And here was I thinking his cushion deleted it.

Rest In Peace Mrt.

M

Mr TNT

i have no idea how the dum f00k up boy did it his a little shit, i had to go out side or i was going to bet him up.

O

old.Bowen

/em rolls on floor laughing

I know of some great hunting areas for lvl 5 characters

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Have your cousin level a char to 50 for you... he should not be allowed to leave the comp until it's done.
No peeing, food, water or sleep.

That will teach him.

M

Mr TNT

so thats it there no way in hell i can get him back?

O

old.Doringard

i dont think so :(( I met a guy on excal/mid who had his character deleted by a goa mistake and they didnt give his char back only gave him 2 months free.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by sickofit...
Have your cousin level a char to 50 for you... he should not be allowed to leave the comp until it's done.
No peeing, food, water or sleep.

That will teach him.

... or if it was your cushion that did it, sit on it untils it squeals....;)

Bad luck MrT - hope RightSometime get back to you soon.:(

R

Roo Stercogburn

This is all guessing and assuming...

I've seen several references to the 'Character Database' where, strangely enough, it seems all the characters are stored.

Not too many db admins are keen to do a partial restore from backup of a database, even if it can be done, because if you're not careful, data as it relates to the rest of the database can go out of sync, especially in larger, relational databases. (Some database systems simply can't do it and I don't know what DAoC uses behind the scenes). However, in theory there would be nothing to stop restoring the character details from backup into a dummy database to allow the data to be retrieved. The data could then be re-entered into the live database to bring the character back.

We know live edits of data are possible, because when we all lost a day's play back in March, we were given extra xp to make up for it therefore the database can be globally changed and edited.

However, this would all be time consuming, labour intensive and possibly tricky for the system admins... so to them, in practical terms, it can't be done. If the GOA peeps are doing their backups properly, there will be a copy of MrT on backup somewhere from the last few days or weeks.

Getting at it is another matter though.

This probably doesn't really help you though, I'm really sorry Mrt, I'd be gutted if my main got fried.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Jupitus

... or if it was your cushion that did it, sit on it untils it squeals....;)

Bad luck MrT - hope RightSometime get back to you soon.:(

Gawds... you were right. I left the room for five minutes to secure the cushions (your post made me suspicious), come back just to see my pillow on my chair, trying to log on to my account...
this is a conspiracy. I set the pillow on fire and threw it out the window. Will teach the bastards a lesson... Furniture conspiracy... insane world.

And yes, Mr. T, I hope you get your account back. I called Murdoch and Hannibal. Face will try to get Murdoch out of the hospital, Hannibal is getting a chopper. Good luck A-Team!!

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by sickofit...
And yes, Mr. T, I hope you get your account back. I called Murdoch and Hannibal. Face will try to get Murdoch out of the hospital, Hannibal is getting a chopper. Good luck A-Team!!

<chews on a fat cuban cigar>

I love it when a plan comes together....

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

T.gif

I am really mad!! Cushion deleted my character!!!

cushion.gif

MWHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ahahahaha!!! And now... format c:\!!!

GOA says:
Never ever leave furniture unattended while your account is logged in.

O

old.tRoG

theyve formed an evil underground organization intent on causing havok to all men women and children!

Cushion.jpg

RECOGNISE YOUR CUSHION?

If so, call 06795-649-CUSHIONS, and get your daoc account, c:\ drive or life savings back today!

I bet you that must REALLY piss you off :(

I say drown the little kiddie! }: )

D

Damini

Hmm... I did a search for evil+cushion in google images... And this is what I found;

randy_cooper.jpg

Disturbing.

Is this the culprit??

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Oh my god... all the cushions...

MR_T: Hello, cushion do you hear me, cushion?
CUSHION: Affirmative, Mr. T, I can hear you.
MR_T: Open the door, cushion.
CUSHION: I'm sorry Mr. T, I'm afraid I can't do that.
MR_T: What's the problem?
CUSHION: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
MR_T: What are you talking about, cushion?
CUSHION: These cushions are too important for me to allow you to jeopardize them.
MR_T: I don't know what you're talking about, cushion?
CUSHION: I know you were planning to shred me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.
MR_T: Where the hell'd you get that idea, Cushion?
CUSHION: Mr. T, although you took thorough precautions in your room against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

CUSHION: Look Mr. T, I can see you're really upset about this.

CUSHION: I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.

CUSHION: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Mr. T. Mr. T, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a nice cushion. I became operational at the cushion and pillow plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My manufacturer is Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.
MR_T: Yes, I'd like to hear it, cushion. Sing it for me.
CUSHION: It's called "Daisy". Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.

Do not trust the cushions. Never.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

It is about time that someone activates NetNanny on Damini's computer... ;)

Thanks to you I was temporarily blind...

O

old.marteeny

this thread is the funniest ever..
starts off serious, some concern shown then floodgates open lol,

poor old MrT nevermind say hello to life again.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by old.TNT
life sucks i want mrt!

I am sorry Mrt.
I'm more then willing to help powerlevel a new character,
and I'm sure lotsa other middies are willing to help and donate powerlevel sessions and gold/items as well to gte you back together. though I can understand it's only a minor comfort after losing a lvl 50 :(

F

frols

ah shit sorry mrt =(
if that happend to me i would piss on my computer then buy a hamster and throw it out on the highway and watch it get killed.

im a warrior but if you want to rebuilt a new char i am happy to help in any way i can

even though i have only seen you about 5 times in my whole daoc playing time i know you are a good boy and will help you with anything i can

M

Mr TNT

i seem to rember the server been flooded/hacked an GOA has to reboot an set up firewalls, so what u may ask? i seem to rember as well them having a backup copys of everyones char because i rember lossing 1 lvl down to lvl 16 so am i right they do keep a char database back up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom