ac2 removes bbots

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
mmmmmmmmm i like buffbots tbh even though i dont have one - as long as i can blag some buffs im fine i hate casting at boring normal speed

Sohan_thc

Fledgling Freddie
Nope i don't wanna to be romoved

Altho i think there needs to be done something about the situation.

For example give a npc who hands out base buffs to non grouped ppl
make buffs on a ranged base.

this way you need to get you bb to Amg and fight from there (sounds like fun)
and the ppl who can not affort a bb etc have base coveridge.

BB carry in a lot of Real cash for Goa atm, they not wanna loose it , maybe a swing with a nerf stick (their favorit solution)

Herjulf

Banned
Yeah

I would like it alot, if it hit EVERY buffbot "able" class as hard.

Then it would rock, and we werent caught in this evul spiral.
Everyone having a BB because the enemy does.

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
1. In AC2 there is a PROGRAM that buffs everyone around you.

2. There not removing them, it just have to be in group... this means solo stealthers still have there buffs and groups lose them. Wich is bad imo. (At least if Mythic would ''remove'' bb's the same way).

At least thats what i understood from reading that link.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
ofc paying extra monty per month to stay in line with those on the other side is a must and can't be changed by anyone else then those who program the game who would loose money from it... likely it will happen... :(

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
I would not mind losing my bb, if everybody lost theirs.
But I really do not see how it matters, as everybody has their bb's, some noobs even have 2. Big deal, if they want to spend that amount of cash to have fun, so be it.
An unbuffed scout shooting a buffed fg member is a joke. Same with an inf PA'ing a buffed player while they themselves are unbuffed.
Mythic should implement a premium service where you can buy buffs (perma) for an additional 5 euro's a month.
Would get those cheapskates to pay also, and bitch a bit less.
Regards, Glottis

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
no way... even thou I dont play a stealther.. the buffs make the fights vs albs more fair.. 2 to 1, 3 to 1... with buffs.... possible.... without .... no. all "nerfs" in the game affecting all realms do favor the realm with the biggest population.

Light

Loyal Freddie
doesn't bother me either way apart from the effort wasted to level the mofo

Kenshee Himura

Fledgling Freddie
Remove BB's...
Mythic should put buffs on a range of 3000 so grped clerics dont have that problem.
BB's are nice but are a unfair advantage to the ppl who dont have them.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Kenshee Himura said:
Remove BB's...
Mythic should put buffs on a range of 3000 so grped clerics dont have that problem.
BB's are nice but are a unfair advantage to the ppl who dont have them.

and your numbers aint? look at it in more then 1 angle...

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Well one of my major speclines si enhancements which due to BB's being prevalent is now only used for resist buffs.

Perhaps removing BB's would sort out some of the balance between the realms and it would also mean that one of the strengths of my class would be USED for a change.

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
rure said:

You have to understand though, that "buffbot" is a completely different term in Asheron's Call. The "bot" part of buffbot there refers to an actual bot. That is, a third-party script that stands around and automatically buffs people that are "allowed" to get buffs, or who pay the bot. When I played, guilds had their own buffbots at their guild houses etc. That's one bot that buffs 100+ people. One bot can buff as many people as it's mana will allow (and AC has far greater mana regen abilities than DAOC). It's not like in daoc where every stealther has its own bot and every guild group has 2-3 of them, in AC one buffbot can buff everyone that hunts in that general area. This means that removing buffbots from AC will remove maybe 1/100th of the subscribers, if even that since all buff-capable chars in AC are quite playable aswell (unlike buffspecced shamans for instance). Removing buffbots in DAOC would actually make Mythic lose a substantial share of their subscriptions, so they might not be so eager to do it.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
make it a profit to specc for buffs/playing a char with buffs..

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
no way... even thou I dont play a stealther.. the buffs make the fights vs albs more fair.. 2 to 1, 3 to 1... with buffs.... possible.... without .... no. all "nerfs" in the game affecting all realms do favor the realm with the biggest population.
Actually I think it would be better for hibs than for Albs. Two clerics can't fully buff a FG. If a hib group has 2 druids and a bard they are already better off, but many have a warden too. Also, if you drop a cleric, half the buffs would go on the Albie group. And that is groups that run with two clerics, which not all Albs do ;)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
So many people use buffbots now the effect is nothing. Everyone could close their buffer account and things would still be the same, except we would all be saving money.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
An unbuffed scout shooting a buffed fg member is a joke. Same with an inf PA'ing a buffed player while they themselves are unbuffed.
Mythic should implement a premium service where you can buy buffs (perma) for an additional 5 euro's a month.
Would get those cheapskates to pay also, and bitch a bit less.
Regards, Glottis
You know, Karam was much better at making crap like this look at least funny. You're a poor immitation.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Asha said:
Actually I think it would be better for hibs than for Albs. Two clerics can't fully buff a FG. If a hib group has 2 druids and a bard they are already better off, but many have a warden too. Also, if you drop a cleric, half the buffs would go on the Albie group. And that is groups that run with two clerics, which not all Albs do ;)

if you meet even numbers yes ofc ;)
but the groups that run with 1 cleric are running with +2 grps..
point is, alb zerglings dont get affected my nerfs that shrink a grps utility..

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
So many people use buffbots now the effect is nothing. Everyone could close their buffer account and things would still be the same, except we would all be saving money.
This is totally not true. First of all, as I pointed out, buffers help Albs alot as we would have to either take on a third cleric or a friar, or go out w/o being totally buffed. Mids might suffer a bit too because a shamie has many important buffs and 8/20 buffs are automatically going to be end buff. That leaves 14 buffs to do all spec buffs w/o running out of con.
Stealth classes with buffs as a spec line like ranger would actually get to enjoy the benefits of these spec lines.
Non-stealth classes attempting to solo who have buff lines would also finally get to enjoy the benefits of their spec lines.

Xplo

Banned
They should remove bb's with range on buffs but also increase conc and buffcap for spec buff classes or our group can't be fully buffed.

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:

Yes but don't forget that they're also changing how buffs work completely in AC2. They're not just "nerfing buffbots", they're making all buffs "group auras" (closest thing in DAOC would be chants I guess) with huge range so it will be much easier for any buff-class to keep all his mates buffed and ready.

Whenever you discuss removing buffbots in DAOC you have to keep in mind that the spells themselves would have to be changed for it to work. Just like how they changed shaman end regen to a completly new type of spell when they "nerfed" it. They will never (or atleast they shouldn't) take the current conc-based buff system and just put a 3000 range on it cause it will not work, so basing any arguments on that 2 clerics currently can't full buff their group is pointless. Also the way it will be in AC is that the buffs will remain about 2 minutes after the buffer is "taken out" (killed, logged, zoned, out of range). So if something similar was done in DAOC, killing the buffer wouldn't drop the buffs anyway and one cleric/shaman/druid would be able to keep his entire group buffed.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
SethNaket said:
Yes but don't forget that they're also changing how buffs work completely in AC2. They're not just "nerfing buffbots", they're making all buffs "group auras" (closest thing in DAOC would be chants I guess) with huge range so it will be much easier for any buff-class to keep all his mates buffed and ready.

Whenever you discuss removing buffbots in DAOC you have to keep in mind that the spells themselves would have to be changed for it to work. Just like how they changed shaman end regen to a completly new type of spell when they "nerfed" it. They will never (or atleast they shouldn't) take the current conc-based buff system and just put a 3000 range on it cause it will not work, so basing any arguments on that 2 clerics currently can't full buff their group is pointless. Also the way it will be in AC is that the buffs will remain about 2 minutes after the buffer is "taken out" (killed, logged, zoned, out of range). So if something similar was done in DAOC, killing the buffer wouldn't drop the buffs anyway and one cleric/shaman/druid would be able to keep his entire group buffed.
I wasn't actually talking about AC2 at all as that is a completely different situation to DAoC.
Ok but the way that mythic is addressing the situation is that bbots aren't a huge epidemic and that people mostly use buffs as intended in a group situation. This isn't true at all. Buffs are supposed to be used by an active character to aid their group mates/realm mates.
Why wouldn't it work to change buffs to be group only and on say a 5k or 7k range? That isn't such a huge change to how the actual spell works and was intended to work imo.

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
Why wouldn't it work to change buffs to be group only and on say a 5k or 7k range? That isn't such a huge change to how the actual spell works and was intended to work imo.

Well you already mentioned one reason why it wouldn't work above, a typical alb group wouldn't be able to buff fully (only 2 clerics), a typical mid group would have to chose between spec buffs and end, etc etc.

With a new system for buffs something could be done, like 5-7k range. Even then I doubt anything will happen, simply due to the money Mythic are making due to the BB accounts.

Knudden

Fledgling Freddie
great ideer.
ofc shaman should be able to buff as good as the other main buffers (end buff cost 0 cons)
and stat elixirs should have a shorter reuse timer
elixirs shóuld be able to stack
and stat elixirs should be cheaper and faster to make
oh and all druid shaman and cleric should have a name respec choise.
but we are more likely to see aug, enh, and nur, pumped with timer buffs, and active stuff to keep all more or less happy.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
put range on buffs or put a timer on buffs like the resist buffs.. tho the timers should last a bit longer

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
SethNaket said:
Well you already mentioned one reason why it wouldn't work above, a typical alb group wouldn't be able to buff fully (only 2 clerics), a typical mid group would have to chose between spec buffs and end, etc etc.

With a new system for buffs something could be done, like 5-7k range. Even then I doubt anything will happen, simply due to the money Mythic are making due to the BB accounts.
did you ever consider that you're SUPPOSED to have to choose which buffs to use and not have everyone full buffed? or *gasp* get a friar?
yes a typical mid group would have to choose between 3 savages and 3 healers or some diversity. Abet, not much since it would just mean 2 shammies instead of one.
These don't seem like reasons why it wouldn't work.
But no, it isn't going to happen. This wasn't the question tho :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom