News Abu Qatada wins appeal against deportation

Embattle

FH is my second home
And science has shown that people who perform torture become "corrupted" by the act and are much more likely to be violent towards other humans in the future...

The reality with torture is if I'm in the frame of mind to commit it then I already have in my mind that you are more or less guilty and thus won't stop until you admit it, which in the end with torture you will....hence it is rather useless in most cases.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No toht. I'm saying stop talking for talking's sake.

I'm not talking for talkings sake, i offer my opinion on the matter just as anyone else does on a public forum. That you have to deal with, otherwise you ARE saying i can't hold any view that isn't set in either this or that stone.

It's f*cking boring that people always drag the discussion to this though, instead of discussing the matter.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

I don't do it, being blind to that fact is a bit concerning.

In this case, it was dear Unca Sick who brought up my posting being X, and you continued with "you shouldn't post at all".

And on that -fact-, i won't answer such posts, but will respond to ontopic posts.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Whilst I agree with you on your stance on torture (and your stance against toht), this:

Yes. Yes you are :)

Pffrtt.. you are so far left on the bleeding heart, liberal scale, everyone is a fascist compared to you, Mr. Gandhi. :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Pffrtt.. you are so far left on the bleeding heart, liberal scale, everyone is a fascist compared to you, Mr. Gandhi. :p

If someone banned the westboro church twats from demonstrating, would you support that?

How about if someone banned anti-abortion protestors, would you support that?

If someone banned anti-capitalist demonstrators, would you support that?

If someone banned anti-gun demonstrators, would you support that?

If someone banned anti-war demonstrators, would you support that?

If someone banned demonstrations, would you support that?

Where do you draw the line?...

...or do you take a stance on "freedom" - and use rational argument and persuasion (and in religions case, ridicule) to bring people round?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
To put that into context, Gandhi was a racist who strongly believed in poverty for the masses.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It still amazes me how many topics this works for, take note Uncle Sick:

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak out because I was Protestant.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I would be opening the doors for them when they came for the trade unionists tbh.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It still amazes me how many topics this works for, take note Uncle Sick:

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak out because I was Protestant.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Who are 'they?' & where's this from?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Who are 'they?' & where's this from?
It was a German guy talking about how the Germans in power rolled over and gave the country to the Nazis though inactivity. I think.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
If there was a big red button with "press to destroy capitalism, will kill 20,000,000 people at random" on it, I think I'd hit it...

Hypocritical? Probably...
Presumably you include yourself in one of the 20,000,000 randomly exterminated, that being a theme for 'new world order' types, it's always someone else who has to take the bullet.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I did fess up to the hypocricy, and I did italicise I think :)

Gwadien

I love your theory of destroying Capitalism, Scouse, what do you propose instead? - because there for sure isn't a better alternative, I'd love to live in a society where everyone was chilled out, and everyone equally shared stuff, but it won't happen. Greed takes over, and tbh, there's more exploitation in a communist society than in a capitalist society - Look at China for example, they claim they're 'communist' yet there's billionaire businessmen whilst a majority of the population lives in shit.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is a question of morality which isn't covered by purely by a system or religion and has in essence taking a kicking from nearly all of them, it is also very hard to legislate for morality.

Gwadien

Have you honestly never heard or seen that before? What do they teach you history these days?
Read my rant in a previous post about teachers teaching you about the curriculum, and only telling you about what you write for exams, rather than actually teaching you about something :p

But no, atm, I'm doing Britain 1830's-1890ish so Disraeli & Gladstone and Russia from Alexander II to Khrushchev - I did WW2 @ GCSE, but it was shit.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, but you would surely have seen that at gsce level, if not from the teacher, from general reading around the subject.

Gwadien

Yes, but you would surely have seen that at gsce level, if not from the teacher, from general reading around the subject.

Meh, GCSE - Lazy days. :) - Is it from a particular person or unknown?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nelson Mandela was a known active member of the ANC and the information that lead to his arrest was provided by the CIA :)

Edit: Not strictly relevant, but wtf eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom