News Abu Qatada wins appeal against deportation

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Scouse, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

The reality with torture is if I'm in the frame of mind to commit it then I already have in my mind that you are more or less guilty and thus won't stop until you admit it, which in the end with torture you will....hence it is rather useless in most cases.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. old.Tohtori

old.Tohtori FH is my second home

I'm not talking for talkings sake, i offer my opinion on the matter just as anyone else does on a public forum. That you have to deal with, otherwise you ARE saying i can't hold any view that isn't set in either this or that stone.

It's f*cking boring that people always drag the discussion to this though, instead of discussing the matter.

3. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Fixed :(

4. old.Tohtori

old.Tohtori FH is my second home

I don't do it, being blind to that fact is a bit concerning.

In this case, it was dear Unca Sick who brought up my posting being X, and you continued with "you shouldn't post at all".

And on that -fact-, i won't answer such posts, but will respond to ontopic posts.

5. Ctuchik

Ctuchik FH is my second home

But you just did... :(

My world view is shattered now and it's all because of you... :(

6. Uncle Sick

Uncle Sick One of Freddy's beloved

Pffrtt.. you are so far left on the bleeding heart, liberal scale, everyone is a fascist compared to you, Mr. Gandhi. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Scouse

If someone banned the westboro church twats from demonstrating, would you support that?

How about if someone banned anti-abortion protestors, would you support that?

If someone banned anti-capitalist demonstrators, would you support that?

If someone banned anti-gun demonstrators, would you support that?

If someone banned anti-war demonstrators, would you support that?

If someone banned demonstrations, would you support that?

Where do you draw the line?...

...or do you take a stance on "freedom" - and use rational argument and persuasion (and in religions case, ridicule) to bring people round?

8. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

To put that into context, Gandhi was a racist who strongly believed in poverty for the masses.

9. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

It still amazes me how many topics this works for, take note Uncle Sick:

First they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
    Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
    Then they came for the Catholics,
    and I didn't speak out because I was Protestant.
    Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

I would be opening the doors for them when they came for the trade unionists tbh.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

Who are 'they?' & where's this from?

12. soze

soze I am a FH squatter

It was a German guy talking about how the Germans in power rolled over and gave the country to the Nazis though inactivity. I think.

13. Gwadien

How did I not work that out, doh.

14. Job

Job The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

Presumably you include yourself in one of the 20,000,000 randomly exterminated, that being a theme for 'new world order' types, it's always someone else who has to take the bullet.

15. Scouse

Of course.

16. Uncle Sick

Uncle Sick One of Freddy's beloved

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

17. Scouse

I did fess up to the hypocricy, and I did italicise I think :)

18. Gwadien

I love your theory of destroying Capitalism, Scouse, what do you propose instead? - because there for sure isn't a better alternative, I'd love to live in a society where everyone was chilled out, and everyone equally shared stuff, but it won't happen. Greed takes over, and tbh, there's more exploitation in a communist society than in a capitalist society - Look at China for example, they claim they're 'communist' yet there's billionaire businessmen whilst a majority of the population lives in shit.

19. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

It is a question of morality which isn't covered by purely by a system or religion and has in essence taking a kicking from nearly all of them, it is also very hard to legislate for morality.

20. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

Have you honestly never heard or seen that before? What do they teach you history these days?

21. Gwadien

Read my rant in a previous post about teachers teaching you about the curriculum, and only telling you about what you write for exams, rather than actually teaching you about something :p

But no, atm, I'm doing Britain 1830's-1890ish so Disraeli & Gladstone and Russia from Alexander II to Khrushchev - I did WW2 @ GCSE, but it was shit.

22. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

Yes, but you would surely have seen that at gsce level, if not from the teacher, from general reading around the subject.

23. Gwadien

Meh, GCSE - Lazy days. :) - Is it from a particular person or unknown?

24. Scouse

Nelson Mandela was a known active member of the ANC and the information that lead to his arrest was provided by the CIA :)

Edit: Not strictly relevant, but wtf eh?