A quick look at the numbers....

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
do not whine about numbers, u have allmost the same.
do not whine about numbers, hib shows it can be done.
do not whine here on the forums, they will keep bashing ur frontier.
do not whine about numbers, but strike back with bigger numbers.

http://hem.passagen.se/yaemon/

Figures from friday 15-24 cet. I know its just 1 day but I think its safe to say the numbers are not the same and that both hib and mid would have a hard time "striking back with bigger numbers"

And what are the numbers show previously in this thread based on? active accounts on all realms? Number of chars on those accounts? or what?

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
these stats show very good that the mids on excalibur are crying...

¹) As you can see Midgard hasn't got a very big disadvantage due numbers,
so the reason is why they lose, they still want to do easy mode RvR, 1fg
against 1fg, a thing that is much harder for Albion then for Midgard.
2fg vs 2fg would be way easier for Albion then for Midgard, since Albion
need more classes to get all the ability's that Midgard can come up with
only 1fg.
So Albion goes 2fg, and when Albion runs with 2fg, you midgardians
come whine here on the forums about Albion running with 10fg etc, and??
what you want em to do? They are your enemy! Not your friends,
they want to make the game as bad as possible for u. They not giving you
flowers or something.

²) As you Midgardians can see, Hibernia on prydwen does way better then
you guys do here with like ½ the numbers you have, and they are dooing
it with 1fg vs 1fg, so it can be done. Ok they also go with bigger forces
now. But the game has changed, if ur so freeking dumb that u can't see
that, then ur lost in ur own mind and no one can help u.:(

do not whine about numbers, u have allmost the same.
do not whine about numbers, hib shows it can be done.
do not whine here on the forums, they will keep bashing ur frontier.

heard about casters bitch?

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:

also:

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

lets have a zerg competition, two weeks notice, mids and albs gather as many players as they can(in different zones to prevent lag)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Arnor said:
also:

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

lets have a zerg competition, two weeks notice, mids and albs gather as many players as they can(in different zones to prevent lag)
better then whining imo :p

Xplo

Banned
Hibernia Prydwen did a nighttime raid with very few albs online, you suggest that excal hib should do it too? :m00:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Xplo said:
Hibernia Prydwen did a nighttime raid with very few albs online, you suggest that excal hib should do it too? :m00:
sure go ahead, i cant be botherd with it.
since NF has hit, relicraids are 24/7

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
Xplo said:

you tard , that RR started at 19 CET , if we get 3 albs keep with 60 players wtf u want we do at 04 :00 am ? go bed ? would be stupid if we dont go to mile gates.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Xxcalibur said:
you tard , that RR started at 19 CET , if we get 3 albs keep with 60 players wtf u want we do at 04 :00 am ? go bed ? would be stupid if we dont go to mile gates.
nm m8 something they wil never understand... they dont play on prydwen :x

Overpowered

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
do not whine about numbers, u have allmost the same.]
Havent gotten explanation where he got those numbers from. Every source Ive checked (including duskwave) says Alb/excal have more active ppl then Mid/excal as Mid/excal have more ppl then Hib/excal. A /who check (adding +20% /anon) primetime also says the same.
AngelHeal said:
do not whine about numbers, hib shows it can be done.]
Quite diffrent realm Im afraid. When overall stats on both US and EU shows that Midgard have alot less relics then other realms you cant blame cooperation and organisation, comes more under the fact that the combination of classes are weaker in large numbers then their alb/hib counterparts. Now that Im back in Alb/pryd and see it from the other side thats my conclusion.
Mid/excal always been very organised anyway, having 3 very big alliances that cooperates etc.
AngelHeal said:
[do not whine about numbers, but strike back with bigger numbers.
That comes under "impossible" unless were talking coop between Hib/excal and Mid/excal. Looks like that wont raise enough numbers either soon.

Overpowered

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
quite obvious imo, excal has the best albs in europe (we only have 5 relics cause if we would take the 6 we would drown in hibbie tears)
Thats not very fair to the servers where Albs managed to hold their relics pre NF, doing retakes without bringing "crashing server" numbers etc.
You went from underdog realm (even with highest pop) to the strongest realm due to an addon.
Either a) the servers stopped crashing and thus u got to use your supreme numbers, something that the addon was all about, OR b) most of excalAlbs suddenly got very organised and pwning their enemies due to supreme skills.
Ill let ppl figure out that one themself. Maybe even over 50% get it right this time.
Im afraid the best EU Albs award have to go to some other server. Not sure what server though.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Overpowered said:
Quite diffrent realm Im afraid. When overall stats on both US and EU shows that Midgard have alot less relics then other realms you cant blame cooperation and organisation, comes more under the fact that the combination of classes are weaker in large numbers then their alb/hib counterparts. Now that Im back in Alb/pryd and see it from the other side thats my conclusion.

You mean to say that how well a realm does in this game is more about classes and numbers than mad skillz and tictacs? Glad to see the penny finally dropping after 2 years ;) Now repeat after me...mid classes better in fg, alb classes better in keep takes and hib classes somewhere in between... :p

Oh and mids would have the numbers if people came and played - different with hibs where even if all those who had active accounts logged in they would still struggle :)

Blitzing

Fledgling Freddie
Gibbo said:
show us with population and relic stats of

Excalibur
Alb - 3849 Chars 39.9% (10% pow bonus, 20% str bonus)
Hib - 2363 Chars 24.5%
Mid - 3420 Chars 35.5%

Prydwen
Alb - 2576 Chars 40.7% (10% pow bonus)
Hib - 1439 Chars 22.7% (20% str bonus)
Mid - 2312 Chars 36.5%

meaning that Hib Excal has a higher population percentage than on Hib Prydwen meaning that Hib Prydwen > Hib Excalibur as they appear to have spent more time getting to grips with NF despite the lowest population.

Mids on both servers have no excuse for not competing.

yes so we have same numbers as albs, have you proven it enough now?? seen these tables like a million times now, show us something we dont know. we allso know that they are not as precise as we think, cause its not based on the rvr activity. but im sure we have about as many as albs, so can we drop it now, or should we just keep bitching about each other and who has most players and who zergs the most and so on and so on, we all now this drill, thought it would be out debated by now, but i guess not

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
[09:41pm] [[PV]Pantera] drax do a /who 50 for me
[09:41pm] [Wilddork|Draxa] only 387 :)
[09:42pm] [Wilddork|Draxa] how many on mid?
[09:42pm] [Semjay-] 167
[09:42pm] [[PV]Subedai] what does /who give
[09:43pm] [Semjay-] 363
[09:43pm] [Wilddork|Draxa] 656
Believe what you want, but that was at 21:43 CET on sunday evening... If thats not 'prime time' then I dont know what is... And Albs have more then double the number 50's online...

I have no clue where the numbers from duskwave come from, perhaps Mid has a large 'play for a day' player-base, and albs have a more 'play everyday' player-base... But online numbers dont lie, the site that showed the graph is probably done by someone with 3 accounts and doing /who's every 5 minutes...

Also note that 58% of the online albs where 50 compared to the 46% of the mids...

I do feel this decrease in mids is a recent decrease... As I feel a couple of weeks back, this wasnt as big of a difference... I think the difference between mid and hib is less then the difference between mid and alb... Anyways, you make your own conclusions from this... Say its not true, bla bla bla...

But atm:
Alb >>>>>>> mid > hib

When we speak of numbers...

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
Believe what you want, but that was at 21:43 CET on sunday evening... If thats not 'prime time' then I dont know what is... And Albs have more then double the number 50's online...

I have no clue where the numbers from duskwave come from, perhaps Mid has a large 'play for a day' player-base, and albs have a more 'play everyday' player-base... But online numbers dont lie, the site that showed the graph is probably done by someone with 3 accounts and doing /who's every 5 minutes...

Also note that 58% of the online albs where 50 compared to the 46% of the mids...

I do feel this decrease in mids is a recent decrease... As I feel a couple of weeks back, this wasnt as big of a difference... I think the difference between mid and hib is less then the difference between mid and alb... Anyways, you make your own conclusions from this... Say its not true, bla bla bla...

But atm:
Alb >>>>>>> mid > hib

When we speak of numbers...

Actually it was 3-4 /who all and /who 50 in all realms every hour (at same time).. And there is also a big number of /anon not showing in the graph (200-350). However if you believe the numbers in the graph alb has more lvl 50 online during primetime than /who all in hib. And the difference between mid/hib lvl 50's online isn't much. I think that the numbers from all realms /lvl 50 evens out during the night though.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
angelheal got a much too big ego for his age ^^
It's a sad disease - you see, angelheal was born without a brain... :/

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Gibbo said:
Mids on both servers have no excuse for not competing.

Mid is supposed to be the melee realm, but after LA nerf there's really nothing special about mid melee imo.
and when does melee pay off in NF anyway? :)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
but after LA nerf there's really nothing special about mid melee imo.

After LA nerf came the era of the Savage!

And btw, just because Mythic coined Midgard the "Melee" realm doesn't mean their melee should be better or special. Just means means more of the classes are viking base. You gained in the tankalot days and lose in the casterlot era. And you still have 3 very strong casting classes.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
Mid is supposed to be the melee realm, but after LA nerf there's really nothing special about mid melee imo.
and when does melee pay off in NF anyway? :)
Hib is supposed to be magical but we have lower delve spec nukes than alb/mid. And no hax lifetap.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
I got the figures from the Roll Of Honour on GOA's website.

Interestingly if you look at the same page now it shows a decrease in Excalibur Albion of 200 chars and a decrease of 300 chars in Midgard.

Overpowered

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
You mean to say that how well a realm does in this game is more about classes and numbers than mad skillz and tictacs? Glad to see the penny finally dropping after 2 years ;) Now repeat after me...mid classes better in fg, alb classes better in keep takes and hib classes somewhere in between... :p

Oh and mids would have the numbers if people came and played - different with hibs where even if all those who had active accounts logged in they would still struggle :)
Afraid terms like "skill" hardly matters in zerg v zerg in NF. Most of the good keepwar classes in NF could have a macro playing for them.
Hibs/pryd tend to do redbullraids, so they get higher numbers due to time of day.. Whatever tactic and stunt u pull off, in the end its who got biggest numbers that win. God knows how many time we mullered 2x our number ->in a good charge<- and 5 mins later getting horribly outzerged at some tower.
Id say skill did matter in SI (everyone had SCed gear), it mattered abit less in ToA (due to ppl that had time to PvE alot got big advantages in RvR) and hardly matters at all in keepwars in NF (biggest zerg win).

Anyway, here u got stats from duskwave;

Statistics for server Excalibur
Realms
Albion Hibernia Midgard Total
Characters 11,668 (42%) 6,923 (25%) 9,393 (34%) 27,984
Active Characters 4,961 (45%) 2,588 (23%) 3,481 (32%) 11,030
Level 50's 4,391 (41%) 2,854 (26%) 3,569 (33%) 10,814

http://www.duskwave.com/daoc/generalstats.php

Active population
Hibernia + 2400 = Midgard + 1500 = Albion

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Overpowered said:
Id say skill did matter in SI (everyone had SCed gear), it mattered abit less in ToA (due to ppl that had time to PvE alot got big advantages in RvR) and hardly matters at all in keepwars in NF (biggest zerg win).

To be perfectly honest there never has been any real amount of "skill" involved in this game. There is a certain amount of knowledge that can be gained in terms of experience (e.g. which targets to select, knowing how to work as a team) but people who think that DAOC is in anyway skillful (as in hand/eye co-ordination) are just kidding themselves. Its primarily about classes, fotm specs and equipment (plus to a lesser extent access to good buffbots), with experience being the factor that brings those together.

The most skilfull pvp game there has been (i.e. requiring not just knowledge but also good hand/eye co-ordination) was original felucca UO, and compared to that DAOC is carebear pvp. Original UO had no assist, no stick/follow, no special styles, no RAs, no sc - basically it was all about hand eye co-ordination, true team work and your pure ability to play your character. It was not based on any fotm spec, or relying on the amount of time you have to farm wtfpwns items, or having certain RAs. As long as you had basic stuff (most of which was relatively straight forward to get) then it was simply that the player/group with the best hand/eye co-ordination allied with knowledge won. In those early days there was to a certain extent the issue of who had the best connection too, but the actual performance of your char was very much "skill" based. In addition, when you died there was actually a loss involved - your corpse was looted and you lost anything you had on you. None of this /release and no-loss candy land rvr that we have now. One of the reasons I used to love UO was being in a successful anti-pk guild, where the greatest satisfaction was looting the corpses of pkers, melting their weapons and armour down and handing them back as ingots when the pkers (who were often l33t kiddies) came whining because they'd had their asses handed to them :D

So DAOC is a very simple game in comparison. Classes are why mids have the basic advantage in fg battles and albs have the advantage in keep fights - the idea that players from 1 realm are somehow more "skillful" than others because of what symbol they click at char creation screen is a joke.

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Yaemon said:
Actually it was 3-4 /who all and /who 50 in all realms every hour (at same time).. And there is also a big number of /anon not showing in the graph (200-350). However if you believe the numbers in the graph alb has more lvl 50 online during primetime than /who all in hib. And the difference between mid/hib lvl 50's online isn't much. I think that the numbers from all realms /lvl 50 evens out during the night though.
Well, I think the anon per realm would be around the same percentage... It does however show a *huge* population imbalance... One (or even two) days would not be enough to actually point this out...

But 'active level 50s' doesnt represent the number of 50's online at one time... It just says "this many have been online"...

Even if mid would have 20.000 active level 50's, if only 200 are online at any given time, then this just means those 'active' level 50s arent staying online an awefull long time...

Anyways, I wouldnt be supprised (if this trend continue's) that mid will be given a under-populated status once 1.71 comes (not as 'big' as hib, but in 1.71 you have different levels)...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
But 'active level 50s' doesnt represent the number of 50's online at one time... It just says "this many have been online"...

Even if mid would have 20.000 active level 50's, if only 200 are online at any given time, then this just means those 'active' level 50s arent staying online an awefull long time...

Anyways, I wouldnt be supprised (if this trend continue's) that mid will be given a under-populated status once 1.71 comes (not as 'big' as hib, but in 1.71 you have different levels)...

I agree that the last couple of weeks mids have had significantly fewer people logging in than albs much of the time. This doesn't equate yet to fewer active accounts of course - it's simply that for whatever reason those people aren't logging in. What they can't do is blame the alb numbers for them choosing not to log in - the numbers were even up to a couple of weeks ago and there was no problem in numbers for Mids. Of course the longer this goes on, and if people deactivate accounts, then it becomes a genuine realm imbalance (which is what Hibs suffer from).

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
To be perfectly honest there never has been any real amount of "skill" involved in this game.
Tbh, this isnt totally true... This game does require some degree of skill... But it does depend a bit on what you call 'skill'... I see skill as "an ability that has been acquired by training" and if you see that as skill... Then DAOC does require skill...

Sure this game isnt about 'fast clicking' (or well, not for anything but CC classes), and its not about aiming (like in CS)... But it is about knowing your class, your group, your enemy and then building stratigies around that information... Yes, equipment / group-setup has a lot to do with victory or defeat...

But you can have a perfect group-setup in top-notch equipment, but if you cant CC, cant pick targets, cant implement stratigies... You are going to die...

However, in fights where both sides have large numbers... The 'skill' factor that daoc has, gets removed... As its no longer important to pick the right targets, its no longer important to know your char or your group... Its just a 'nuke/melee something asap' type deal...

If one side outnumbers the other side by 'too much', then its just 'the biggest zerg wins'...

I dont think the 'numbers' are the reasons mids dont logon anymore though... A lot of people arent happy with NF, and the type of RvR it brings... Simply because it is mostly large numbers vs large numbers... And then the above (what a lot love about daoc) gets removed... I know I certainly miss it...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
Tbh, this isnt totally true... This game does require some degree of skill... But it does depend a bit on what you call 'skill'... I see skill as "an ability that has been acquired by training" and if you see that as skill... Then DAOC does require skill...

Sure this game isnt about 'fast clicking' (or well, not for anything but CC classes), and its not about aiming (like in CS)... But it is about knowing your class, your group, your enemy and then building stratigies around that information... Yes, equipment / group-setup has a lot to do with victory or defeat...

But you can have a perfect group-setup in top-notch equipment, but if you cant CC, cant pick targets, cant implement stratigies... You are going to die......

Aye I put those under "knowledge" or experience. The comparison I made was with UO - and in any sense DAOC pvp doesn't measure up there.

[NO]Magmatic said:
However, in fights where both sides have large numbers... The 'skill' factor that daoc has, gets removed... As its no longer important to pick the right targets, its no longer important to know your char or your group... Its just a 'nuke/melee something asap' type deal...

If one side outnumbers the other side by 'too much', then its just 'the biggest zerg wins'...

I dont think the 'numbers' are the reasons mids dont logon anymore though... A lot of people arent happy with NF, and the type of RvR it brings... Simply because it is mostly large numbers vs large numbers... And then the above (what a lot love about daoc) gets removed... I know I certainly miss it...

I totally agree. It was more directed to those who claim Mids have quit because of the alb numbers. Of course it's true that a significant amount aren't playing currently (as from all realms) because they don't like RvR as it is. There are of course also some who aren't playing because they aren't dominating now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom