A Question to the NON-Daoc Members

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Deadmanwalking:
All the DAoC users were invited here - they didn't ask, they were invited directly on BW. If they are so disliked, why? To be honest, I think Deebs is a very brave man, and like I said, you think it's bad now, wait till the rest of the hoard come along, and this place will have muddy boot prints all over it (which is a shame :( )

Cyfr: Yes, eOT - I don't go in there THAT often :D It's very quiet in there compared to what it used to be like - the BanStick did it's work! :D

Will

/bin/su
And the way they type makes my eyes hurt. Its not a txt msg, its a forum.:eek:

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
KevinUK said:
Why cant you just put all that list onto a page somewhere and link to it?

My stats!

Then everyone is happy :sex:

Great idea! Wish I'd thought of that! Oh wait...

On a more serious note, this post has brought to the front of my mind what I've been thinking up over the past few days and I was in the process of collecting such quotes from around the boards today. Obviously I'm far too slow and was beaten to it.

We are not all bad. Yes there are a few twats about but you get that in any game and any geek forum. Sig lengths do get ridiculous, but now it's been limited to 200 characters (including vb tags) I'm sure that will help.

Oh,, and btw:

DA0C4TEHWIN!!!11OENEONE!!!!88

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
the_hermit said:
Deadmanwalking:
All the DAoC users were invited here - they didn't ask, they were invited directly on BW. If they are so disliked, why? To be honest, I think Deebs is a very brave man, and like I said, you think it's bad now, wait till the rest of the hoard come along, and this place will have muddy boot prints all over it (which is a shame :( )

Poor bastards had no idea what retards would be coming did they.
Yes he is a very Brave man. I would have not even bothered with DAOC forums here at FH.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Cyfr said:
The_hermit read https://forums.freddyshouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34 and im sure you will also understand why the Generalites hate DAoC users :)

Krypt did you mean this?

Hermit, why do you put all that crap in your signatures? Why? You don't see anyone here posting their life story in their sigs do you? Its all just total bollocks.

I take issue with how large you think the 'minority' is tbh.

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Hermit, why do you put all that crap in your signatures? Why? You don't see anyone here posting their life story in their sigs do you? Its all just total bollocks.

To be honest - I copied and pasted it from BW. I never went into the other forums there, so was never an issue. And now I've adjusted it. Happier?

Tom said:
I take issue with how large you think the 'minority' is tbh.

OK - at present it may well be that the percentage is larger - but on BW it IS a minority.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yes, but you keep it quiet.

It's not like you stick it in our faces, tattooed to your cock "Lvl 32 Rimming".

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I know they like to think their shit don't stink but geeks look a little closer, DAOC players really smell like boo-boo.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Fair 'nuf Hermit, at least you come across as a reasonable guy, but perhaps you should link this thread to a popular DAOC forum, I want to see what the other players have to say.

Just don't expect them to be welcomed with open arms, people here have monitor space to think of!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Please don't link it into DAoC forums. Every time one of these debates comes up, some idiot pastes the link and then you get 50+ idiots shouting at you and increasing the swear count on the forums. They don't add anything constructive, they just mass bundle into the thread and fire shots left right and centre. At least the people who read the General forum NORMALLY generally have a clue as to what's going on: and that matters like this can be discussed by adults, in an adult and sensible fashion.

Another reason I hate them. Group mentality.

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Swift^ said:
Please don't link it into DAoC forums. Every time one of these debates comes up, some idiot pastes the link and then you get 50+ idiots shouting at you and increasing the swear count on the forums. They don't add anything constructive, they just mass bundle into the thread and fire shots left right and centre.
Which would quite neatly prove our point, no?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Our point need not be proven any more, if we want to we can unleaseh weeks of examples. Weeks and weeks.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
DAOCers ive seen are mostly arogant, and from the attitude of people both here and back on g.n/bw and on irc I dont know why the DAOC forums where carried over.

Vorcyn

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, so i play daoc, have done since beta, so for ~2 years.
Yes some "DAoC'ers" are twats, infact most of the posts on the old forums as of late were mindless rehashed crap which no-one but the spammers cared about. Of which ~75% of the regular DAoC BW forum readers were.

If you want to generalise and call every single DAoC forum user every name under the sun, go ahead, i find it insulting that i get classed under that crowd, but there you go. Believe it or not, there are people who post only when relevant, and dont feel the need to include every single bit of information about them, their characters, their dog and gran in their sigs, and who play DAoC.

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
Bodhi said:
I know they like to think their shit don't stink but geeks look a little closer, DAOC players really smell like boo-boo.

They need a golden calculator to divide the number of chars they have got a-live then realise that real girls go for real life guys.....
:p

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
pcg79 said:
They need a golden calculator to divide the number of chars they have got a-live then realise that real girls go for real life guys.....
:p

Yeah, but they'd need a +20 Maths Armour to use it tho :/

Embattle

FH is my second home
Also the nasty habit they have of saying how great the game is yet spending loads of time outside it spamming....then they all pile on the forums moaning when the server goes down and often bring the forums to a grinding halt.

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Cdr said:
I'm sorry Hermit, but this post (https://forums.freddyshouse.com//showthread.php?p=18211#post18211), shows what an ass you are and negates all your previous attempts at defending the DAoC'ers.

Showing them how to view their Postcounts, when its been disabled for a reason? Well done.

That makes me an ass? For showing them something that they would have found anyway? And it's not disabled, if it was, we wouldn't have those titles under our names when we reach a certain number!

But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
But i thought the "Sensible" DAOC players didn't care about such trivial things such as Postcounts or titles?

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
huh wats wrong with daoc ppl ok they have no life and most of them spend their time in front of there pc and feel the need to spam meaningless nonsense...... i used to play daoc \o/

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Deadmanwalking said:
But i thought the "Sensible" DAOC players didn't care about such trivial things such as Postcounts or titles?

When did I said I cared about my post count? I've never been interested in a post count, a title or anything like that. Someone asked a question, I answered.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
The point (Or, a point) is that it's not a tiny minority of the DAOC lot who are spamming, txt tlk1n, retarded gits. There's quite a lot of them.

I played DAOC for over 18 months, and was driven away - partly by the complete boredom that overcame me when looking at the game, but mostly due to the fact that 50% of the playerbase were complete twats.

I hate to generalise like this, but that community is awful. Absolutely awful.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
As long as you limit your accusations to the part of the DAOCers at fault, fine. But saying "_all_ DAOCers have to go, they're shit, spammers, bla bla bla" includes me. And I'm nothing you said.

Be specific. People tend to ignore blabbing forum trolls.

edit: Oh and, screw you tWog, you double faced, slimy, back-stabbing DAOCer ! :D ;)

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
There was an effort to hide the postcount number from view to stop the muppets from spamming. You've just showed them how to view it again, regardless of whether it would be found eventually. You could have withheld the information, and told Deebs, but no, you decided to post it to make it common knowlegde. The fact is, your attempt to distance yourself from the regular DAoC players has failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom