50DW 50Thrust

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
bigchief said:
Ofc if you don't care about df then you can get a better spec than ns (slash inf etc), or can go 50thrust and save the space on sc template by not bothering with the +11thrust.

erm +11 at 50 skill gives more weaponskill so..

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
erm +11 at 50 skill gives more weaponskill so..

But this has no effect - wyrrd theorises that this figure has no impact and the calc is behind the screens.

Damage has 2 components - bas and styled. Base does not increase above 50 - so whether thats 50 + 1, or 39 + 12 its the same. Styled damage does increase above 51 for styles in that line only.

So in an infil was going to use thrust styles it would be worth going over 51, ditto DW or CS. However the best styles are in CS hence the current proposal for taking CS high and aiming for 51 effective weapon.

Wyrds tests show no difference in hit/miss rates for 51 effective and > 51 effective.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
But this has no effect - wyrrd theorises that this figure has no impact and the calc is behind the screens.

Damage has 2 components - bas and styled. Base does not increase above 50 - so whether thats 50 + 1, or 39 + 12 its the same. Styled damage does increase above 51 for styles in that line only.

So in an infil was going to use thrust styles it would be worth going over 51, ditto DW or CS. However the best styles are in CS hence the current proposal for taking CS high and aiming for 51 effective weapon.

Wyrds tests show no difference in hit/miss rates for 51 effective and > 51 effective.

what your saying is that weaponskill means shit, find that v unlikely.

Wyrd guy dont have everything correct....

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:

I don't doubt that he has got things wrong. But there is something screwy here - perhaps your ws has a hidden cap at 51? i don't know. I do know that I, personally, am better off with the lower weapon spec and higher cs.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:

No what hes saying is the 'shown' WS difference for more than 51mod spec does nothing. However weaponskill gained from stats does so aug stats and caps on sc are very useful. O I should add here .. this is when using styles from a different spec line, ie dw or cs. This isnt the case if you want to use thrust styles as they dont get the extra style bonus as explained above.

If anything for an infil it builds in a case for dropping 11weapon off template (assuming 50spec) and getting better caps.

There are a couple of rr9ns on pryd running around with 32weapon 31stealth/env 50cs and 28ish(more?)CD

Invisibul said:
44 weapon, 44 cs, 44 DW 33 stealth 19 env (rr7 + auto trained) :p
61 weapon, 61 cs, 61 DW 50 stealth 36 env (+ skills maxed)
Assuming slash .. then you only need 51mod spec and so can ditch some of the weapons spec gaining either higher CS or higher DW.

If thrust you need 50spec for DF, and really its a style worth specing for (shame hibs get it @ 25spec).

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
ok now i'm a real noob, nevr heard of this 51 mod spec thing, reading the posts on this thread it can't make any sense of it, anyone feel like explaining it to me, sorry, simply never heard of it :p

remi

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
No what hes saying is the 'shown' WS difference for more than 51mod spec does nothing. However weaponskill gained from stats does so aug stats and caps on sc are very useful. O I should add here .. this is when using styles from a different spec line, ie dw or cs. This isnt the case if you want to use thrust styles as they dont get the extra style bonus as explained above.

oooke, 11mod etc makes sense IF you use CS styles and nothing from weaponspec line...

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Invisibul said:
ok now i'm a real noob, nevr heard of this 51 mod spec thing, reading the posts on this thread it can't make any sense of it, anyone feel like explaining it to me, sorry, simply never heard of it :p
Basically it goes along the lines of,

if you have 51mod spec in your WS(variance) spec line (i.e. thrust/slash) it doesnt effect your ability to penetrate your opponents defences, your average damage, your minimum damage or your maximum damage when using styles from CS or DW lines. So the only reason to have more than 51mod spec is to spec for certain styles (dragonfang etc) or if you actually use that line for meleeing as it effects style damage for those styles(i.e. classes that dont have dw or cs spec lines). Growth rate on cs styles >>>> thrust/slash styles + you get extra bonuses like bleeds, hinder etc so it frees up some spec points.

Its more important for sb/ns than infil but its still relevant for slashinfs imo.

The proper thread can be found here:

http://vnboards.ign.com/Midgard_Rogue_Professions/b20912/78799461/?210

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
cheers bc :)

so i could have 34 slash (+17 = 51) is that what u meant?
since i'd be using CS/DW styles my dmg would be high still?

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Invisibul said:
cheers bc :)

so i could have 34 slash (+17 = 51) is that what u meant?
since i'd be using CS/DW styles my dmg would be high still?
is the theory yes :)

Ghostly

Fledgling Freddie
I used to have 44 slash, 44 CS, 35 stealth, 35 env and 33 dw when I played my inf long time ago, it was really effective against SB's even in the pre nerf LA times, it sucked a bit agains NS's cuz of armor resists but thats not an issue anymore with LW's. Str debuffs will hurt you more when slash specced, but you get amethyst slash which is really endurance friendly compared to thrust and CS styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom