50DW 50Thrust

Maular

Fledgling Freddie
Was wondering what should I be hitting for with duel shadows??

I am hitting peeps for 106 dmg buffed which is utter crap

I respecced to 50DW 50 Thrust now I think its a mistake.

I have no artis btw just sced 100% stuff

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
i remember hitting 200 odd main hand, but u usually get high thrust resist, perhaps try some lw's as ur weaps.

Maular

Fledgling Freddie
Do the LW weapons have to be 100% qual to be effective?

say does a 97% qual LW hit for less then a 100% qual drop?

if soo :/ kinda confusing

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Maular said:

dual shadows is overrated. its a good style allright, but overrated. its around same dmg as garrote spamming with high cs.

your better of with higher CS and 34ish dw for more offhand hits.

and the stun component in CS line is to good to be without as an assasin.

ive been high cs since rr1, tried 50 dw at rr10 for 1 month or soo, didnt like it at all, all about playstyle i guess.

Maular

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for replys guys will re-think my spec i think :/

Anyone ever done 50 cs?

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
remi said:
dual shadows is overrated. its a good style allright, but overrated. its around same dmg as garrote spamming with high cs.

your better of with higher CS and 34ish dw for more offhand hits.

and the stun component in CS line is to good to be without as an assasin.

ive been high cs since rr1, tried 50 dw at rr10 for 1 month or soo, didnt like it at all, all about playstyle i guess.

couldnt agree more tbh. had 2x 50 infs in my time specced both duel wield at first but 44 crit > 50dw imo. and 50 cs gimps u in other areas, as the 50 style is rarely used. 44 crit still gives a hard perf and afaik its 0.5% dmg per spec (?) so u lose 3% dmg with crit styles, hardly worth it.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
for real assassin spec, mostly for solo i would say cs >> dw spec.

pa dmg, garrote-ac dmg is better then dualshadows + lowbie pa (though cs styles eating shitloads of endurance compared to DW ones, so maybe not for a longer period of time dunno :p)

but, if you are teaming up with a mincer i have found dw is better overall.

but as an assassin critical spec is alot more fun, landing stealth attacks bla bla tbh :p

matter of playstyle as remi said.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Novac said:
Ask Araudry... think he is 50dw, 50 slash.... :)

well, he is a nubber , so dont xD

anyway, 50 CS is overrated aswell, go for cookie cutter spec, ie if your rr5, go for 35dw(+15?), 50thrust(or slash for that matter), 35stealth(+15?), 35env (+15), rest in cs (34++ i think).

while gaining realmranks decrease stealth, env, stealth spec. and increase CS spec.

lifebane is overrated aswell, just make sure you have last debuff at 47(?).

Maular

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers asll will save up for a re-spec stone :p

and pick a spec 44CS looks nice and im still only rr4L3 so need to get some rps to go for your rr5 spec remi.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Maular said:

erm around 106 seems a bit low tbh , get some LW's and maybe toa armor :p
and with New Frontiers DW aint that good anymore , CS is better now xD

Oli7er

Fledgling Freddie
go 50 crit strike, combined 50 stealth, combined 47 venom, combined 51 weapon, and you WILL thank me. this is the spec you want, easy as that

combined means skill + item bonus + rr bonus

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Oli7er said:
go 50 crit strike, combined 50 stealth, combined 47 venom, combined 51 weapon, and you WILL thank me. this is the spec you want, easy as that

He won't :D

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Oli7er said:

combined weaponspec = BIG NO. he is an infil, waaay more spec points then you know what to do with, go for 50 weaponspec(not combined), nothing else.

jiqnox

Fledgling Freddie
im 50 dw and 50 thrust i love thet spec i had cs at first but now im full dw though im gonna respecc for pa soon im gonna keep my dw and thrust at 50 but it all comes down to what playstyle u like ofc so gl m8 and hope u find a spec u like :)

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
remi said:
combined weaponspec = BIG NO. he is an infil, waaay more spec points then you know what to do with, go for 50 weaponspec(not combined), nothing else.

I agree and also I wouldent go 50 cs .. not at rr4 anyway take like 39 or 44 ;p

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
At rr4 I'm 44cs, 39thrust, 34dw (I think) 36e, 36st. I use leg weapons and 2 artis (SoM, GSV - it was easier to get than GoV) Rest of suit is MP. And i hit other stealthers like a truck now.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
At rr4 I'm 44cs, 39thrust, 34dw (I think) 36e, 36st. I use leg weapons and 2 artis (SoM, GSV - it was easier to get than GoV) Rest of suit is MP. And i hit other stealthers like a truck now.

dude, relics + infiltrator... go figure ^^

Lethul

FH is my second home
if your high rr, 44 cs, 30ish stealth/thrust/envenom, rest dw

maybe even 50 cs :)

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
dude, relics + infiltrator... go figure ^^

Thats ignoring relics - I hit harder with this spec than i did with a 50thrust 5 spec.

Garrote/achilles has better growth rates than dual shadows - and garotte is anytime. They have better growth rates than amy/diamond, and the same combined end rate.

CS is the new fotm.

Maular

Fledgling Freddie
Well incase anyone was wondering
i specced as follows

36 +14 stealth
44 +9 CS (still need some points adding here from items maybe)
36 + 14 envenom (suites my style envenom ive always liked)
50 Thrust
erm rest DW

Works well for me dinged too 4L5 from 4L4 in one night from this spec

I am a solo Inf too btw soo im happy with that :)

Also still means if i fail PA etc i put up a good fight with garrote etc with added lifbane and viper.

Thanks all for your help though :clap:

Oli7er

Fledgling Freddie
once again, combined 51 weapspec i tells u ;) i got 5L2 infi, 6L3 shade, 4L4 sb and another rr3sth shade so i know :p
oh and if ur a high rr then y not go blades

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Oli7er said:
once again, combined 51 weapspec i tells u ;) i got 5L2 infi, 6L3 shade, 4L4 sb and another rr3sth shade so i know :p
oh and if ur a high rr then y not go blades

dont be so gimp, go 50 weapon. will improve your weaponskill loads and u get the 50 style which is good (dfang/dia slash)

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
dont be so gimp, go 50 weapon. will improve your weaponskill loads and u get the 50 style which is good (dfang/dia slash)

50 weapon is only worth it if using the styles in that line. The ws calc on the screen has been shown to be irrelevant. CS styles > do more damage than slash/thrust/dw styles.

44cs & effective 51 in mainweapon 4tehwin

remi

Fledgling Freddie
50 weapon is only worth it if using the styles in that line. The ws calc on the screen has been shown to be irrelevant. CS styles > do more damage than slash/thrust/dw styles.

44cs & effective 51 in mainweapon 4tehwin

your wrong, weaponskill means EVERYTHNING when playing a 1vs1 class as infil,.

but you seem like you know everything and cant be argued with, so i wont xD

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:
your wrong, weaponskill means EVERYTHNING when playing a 1vs1 class as infil,.

but you seem like you know everything and cant be argued with, so i wont xD

OK - you have more experience playing than me, but I'm taking this from wyrds tests and the data surrounding that. Plus from experience since NF.

I dropped from 50 weapon to 39 (yes should have gone lower but was hedging my bets), and upped CS from 39 to 44. I've noticed no difference in hit/miss/block/evade rates - thats purely anecdotal and not hard fast testing. My damage using CS styles has increased.

Something is screwy with ws > 51 effective. 51 effective caps base damage, it doesn't increase over that, only style damage goes up and thats just for the styles in that line.

But I'm willing to listen - what've you got to impart?

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
OK - you have more experience playing than me, but I'm taking this from wyrds tests and the data surrounding that. Plus from experience since NF.

I dropped from 50 weapon to 39 (yes should have gone lower but was hedging my bets), and upped CS from 39 to 44. I've noticed no difference in hit/miss/block/evade rates - thats purely anecdotal and not hard fast testing. My damage using CS styles has increased.

Something is screwy with ws > 51 effective. 51 effective caps base damage, it doesn't increase over that, only style damage goes up and thats just for the styles in that line.

But I'm willing to listen - what've you got to impart?

his reply will be

Remi lvl 50 Dragon Knight Infiltrator

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
to be fair the 51mod spec seems to work however as an infil its less relevant than if you were say a ns or sb.

Infact it gives a huge boost to ns's as an equivalent spec ns (at rr8) can go 50cs 33pierce 32stealth 32env 26cd .. which gives the high growth rate cs styles, off evade stun, side style stun etc, which really totally negates an infils extra spec points as they need to go 50thrust 50cs 32env 32stealth 14dw for the same cs styles and an off evade stun ... leaving them actually behind in the dw mechanics due to less spec :<

Ofc if you don't care about df then you can get a better spec than ns (slash inf etc), or can go 50thrust and save the space on sc template by not bothering with the +11thrust.

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
laugh at me if u will, but,

for inf this is possible

44 weapon, 44 cs, 44 DW 33 stealth 19 env (rr7 + auto trained) :p
61 weapon, 61 cs, 61 DW 50 stealth 36 env (+ skills maxed)

at rr8 you could have 3rd str/con poison too, soo not that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom