50 hammer > 17 parry? for skalds

E

Eyeinthedark

if you have 17 parry + 11 = 28 that would gice you something like 6 - 8% parry correct? How usefull is that in a group? doesnt sound like much to me, Now if you have instead 50 hammer = means more weapon skill and more dmg right? .. so what i wonder is what is best 8% chance to parry or more damage... i talked to a 50 hammer skald and he told me he did a lot more dmg as 50 hammer than with 44 and was happy with his specc, second opinions would be nice help me out here please =) btw to late to go sword for me :/ i am 45, and sorry for meshed up txt Keyboard enter not working.

A

AbPoon

You dont need the 50 Hammer style as its based off block and tbh with their low wep skill i dunno how much they parry if they catch peeps 1v1 so who knows ^^

S

Subbiz

parry is for girls

also, every point specced in parry is 0.5% chance to parry, then adding the dex somehow.. and weap skill.. dont ask me :p

M

megahealer

My skald is Axe user...
For a long time i had 40 axe, 46 BS and rest in parry.... that reallly sucked hehe
So i've respecced my skald to be 50 Axe, 43 BS and 2 Parry... I don't parry that much (but as a skald teaming up a lot with my bf's warrior, i don't hold aggro) so doesn't matter....
Before respec i did parry, though not as much as i would have liked to...
I love my "new" skald cause i do about 100 more dmg then before respec and i still parry sometimes =)
I'd say go max weapon! I do great dmg in PvE and PvP....

Z

zoia

50 hammer is pointless. If you really want max weaponskill, go 49 hammer, 44 BS and rest parry.
That way you get to keep your last DD which also help on your damageoutput(maybe not much, but more than 1 point in weapon).

E

Eyeinthedark

Aye thats true 49 is good since i al only thinking about more pts into weapon cause of added dmg not the 50 style,, Man do i regret not hacing picket sword :/ ,/cry

Z

zoia

Originally posted by Eyeinthedark
Aye thats true 49 is good since i al only thinking about more pts into weapon cause of added dmg not the 50 style,, Man do i regret not hacing picket sword :/ ,/cry
Don't cry, hammer is still a valid option :)
Snare on Conquer being one thing.
46, 46, 10 hammer myself and doing good. I'm happy about the damage i do.
Don't let yourself be fooled into thinking a few more points in weaponspec will make you hit like a truck.....it wont!

P

peder

if you have 17 parry + 11 = 28 that would gice you something like 6 - 8% parry correct? How usefull is that in a group? doesnt sound like much to me, Now if you have instead 50 hammer = means more weapon skill and more dmg right? .. so what i wonder is what is best 8% chance to parry or more damage... i talked to a 50 hammer skald and he told me he did a lot more dmg as 50 hammer than with 44 and was happy with his specc, second opinions would be nice help me out here please =) btw to late to go sword for me :/ i am 45, and sorry for meshed up txt Keyboard enter not working.

that was before today patch.
Now parry is good.
50 weapon and skald = GIMP!!!

W

Weeping Willow

Re: Re: 50 hammer > 17 parry? for skalds

Originally posted by peder
Now parry is good.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

E

Eyeinthedark

Re: Re: 50 hammer > 17 parry? for skalds

Originally posted by peder
Now parry is good.

so how much of a chance do i have to parry with 28 parry? more than 8%?

Z

zoia

Go with whatever spec you'd like, people will still invite you to their group because of your speed (only reason someone wants a skald in a group).
Whatever your spec is, you wont be THE damagedealer in the group, so it doesn't really matter.
Skalds make decent soloers. Unless you plan to group all the time, i would say choose a spec you can solo with as well.
46 BS, 44 weapon, 17 parry is the cookiecutter spec and is so for a reason. It's a good solid spec.
You'll still bring that wanted speed 5 to a group, but you'll have the option to solo well too.

G

Gorb

17+11 parry would give you a parry chance of 5% base + 28x0.5= 19% chance of parry, it also says in the character builder in daoc catacombs that wielding a 2h weapon doubles the chance of parry. Also it is affected by your dex. Don't know how much of this is infact true, please correct me if I am wrong.

50 hammer would be a bad spec. If you want to go 50 weapon, best choise would be sword.

Otherwise I suggest speccing 44 Hammer, 46 BS, 17 Parry. You would get nice styles like:

- Provoke is the single best no-opener in game, it hits for great damage, has low fatigue cost, and a taunt as a bonus.
- Lambast is the best parry-opening style in midgard, it beats Reinforcements and Cleave easily. Lambast has great damage, and low end usage as all good hammer styles. Don't know how often you parry now that parry is fixed in rvr, but I hope this style is of "some" use there too.
- Conquer, this style compeats with ragnarok as best from behind style now that it has a root effect to prevent opponents from running away, it also has low end usage. Only downside is that it doesn't have any to hit bonus.
- Sledgehammer is a followup style for conquer. It has immense damage and medium fat cost.

I did some comparison with Stonebridge before 1.62, he is a 50 thane with same RR/race as me, he is specced 44 hammer (+14 from RR and items) and with 44 spec he got 30points more weaponskill then I did with my 39+14 (I had 1251 ws with selfbuff), althou I think I had 7 points more in Str, but still the effect on damage was so small that it couldn't even be noticed. Now I'm not sure how much more weaponskill you would gain if you had 49 hammer instead of 44, but I would still put those points in parry, to make yourself better at soloing.

E

Eyeinthedark

This is the complete opposite of what i heard a 49 hammer spec he told me he got about 100 points more dmg, hmm but the parry thing i better calculate it a bit more exact, maybe i can find a dmg/weaponskill calculator aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread