Skald 50 Axe worth it?

R

rhemis

im thinking of my final spec, not bothered about parry tbh.

was looking at:

50 Axe
43 BS
Rest Parry

OR

47 Axe
46 BS for last DD and DMG adder

i cant really see 47 Axe gimping me but people keep insisting that 50 axe the the dog nuts! btw i use 1 Handed Axe and small Sheild! so i do positional fights! and the 50 style is front but low defense...any ideas, i dont want to follow trends but i like to look of the 47 axe 46 bs.

I

infozwerg

49 axe 44 bs

unless you want to go solo, then tyrs fury is a must, as front positional is very good in duels. but then, youll get beat up by any other melee class cuz you got no defense so it wont matter.

A

azeal

what infozwerg is right.
what etcetra said is also right, but the meaning of it was stupid. Unless solo skald as infozwerg said :p

O

osy

Eos is 50 weapon, and he is doing great. I however, would not play defenceless. Parry is essential for a solo skald, mostly because parry chain eats little end.

Combine that with Mastery of Parry RA, and you will parry like a mad rabbit in most 1v1 fights.
If you are a Skald that goes out in groups mostly, then you dont need Parry, but weapon. So yes, I'm advising 50 Weapon spec, under these circumstances.

Btw, i'm 46 weapon, 44 bs, and 17 parry. Last dmg add is a joke. You are trading 2 (in my case) points in weapon, which means more dmg over time, for a crappy +10/15 dmg add per hit. Not worth it.

46 bs, 47 weapon skalds are defenceless, and 46 bs 44 weapon 17 parry are gimps.

F

fragoverrule

still leveling my skald, but almost 50.. mine will be 50 Sword, 43 BS and 2 parry

Z

zoia

If you're a group skald, i would say sword if you want to take weapon to 50,
since you will be assisting most of the time or chasing fleeing support/casters.
If you want to solo, you will often be blocked/parried/evaded, so getting of both havoc/tyr's might not happen all the time.
Tyr's Fury also has a bleed, which could be a problem if you have to mezz. :p

Personally i solo a lot and wouldn't give up my last DD.
The lv 44/20% body resist is also nice for soloing.

The difference from 47 in weapon and 50 isn't much anyway. Only reason to go 50 is for the style.

Out of the two you suggested, i would go for 47, 46, 5. ;)

C

chosen

nest soloing spec would be 44hammer/46BS/17 parry for conquer(behind style) sledgehammer, best DD nice Body resist(if u find minstrells u should use it), best dmg add and some in parry so you have some defence;) ive used that spec since ive made my skald and i can't think about a better one for solo ;)

A

a-bjorn

50 sword here. Ragnarok for the win imo. I have tried 44 hammer and axe with 46 bs, and 50 axe as well. For solo i would go with 44 hammer 46 bs as mentioned before. axe and sword styles eat so much end so u really need a shammy in group :]

C

Carlos Bananos

i've tried
50 axe
44 sword
50 sword
44 hammer

i like 44 hammer most i think, provoke is a nice style (tyrs is slightly better, but it > havoc)

and i still get to keep my last DD and dmg add ;)

U

uberstein

I use sword and my spec is 46 sword, 44 songs and 17 parry. I wasn't prepared to lose the last DD by sticking at 43 songs and to be honest Im kind of happy with 17 parry. I seem to get lots of parries off with my 2 handed sword and since skalds don't have the best amount of hit points that helps lots...especially if you end up with more than one person attacking you. The parry combo on sword is nice damage.

You mentioned you used small shield and axe though. A small sword is nice for PBT and is the only time I ever use mine, but I find I kill things much nicer with my 2 hander.

H

horsma

Originally posted by old.Osy
46 bs, 47 weapon skalds are defenceless, and 46 bs 44 weapon 17 parry are gimps.

Up yours stupid wanker. Learn to play one char and then come to tell that some spec is bad.

E

etcetra

Originally posted by horsma
Up yours stupid wanker. Learn to play one char and then come to tell that some spec is bad.

That wasnt nice said.

H

horsma

Originally posted by etcetra
That wasnt nice said.
soz, i just got pissed since osy says that some spec is gimp even if he dont have it. After 64 skills to all you get about +7 wep rating per new skill and it doesnt make big difference. And yes, hammer is good if you solo, sword & axe better in grp rvr. Still one more left hand hit from zerk & savage who you assist and thats about it.

O

osy

Originally posted by horsma
soz, i just got pissed since osy says that some spec is gimp even if he dont have it. After 64 skills to all you get about +7 wep rating per new skill and it doesnt make big difference. And yes, hammer is good if you solo, sword & axe better in grp rvr. Still one more left hand hit from zerk & savage who you assist and thats about it.

Excuse me, Mr. rr10. I'm sure that damage is no issue to you, being rr10, probably having the best items, SCed MPs, and so on.
But you see, there are players out there who recently dinged 50 with their skald, and want a maximum output of their char.

Telling them 44 weapon is enough is like giving them a broom stick, pretending it's a rocket launcher. As we all know, higher Weapon Skill means less variance in damage = more damage over time.

And yes, some of us don't have buffbots.

Have a good day.

K

Kindar

My skald is going for 44 sword, 43 bs and 23 parry. 44 for last style in the parry chain and 43 bs for last speed. I picked this for both pve and rvr....with a little parry i might stand a chance running around solo in emain if i don't get a grp. The sword parry styles seems to hurt imo and don't req much end.

Z

zoia

Originally posted by Kindar
My skald is going for 44 sword, 43 bs and 23 parry. 44 for last style in the parry chain and 43 bs for last speed. I picked this for both pve and rvr....with a little parry i might stand a chance running around solo in emain if i don't get a grp. The sword parry styles seems to hurt imo and don't req much end.
I would go 44, 44, 21 if i were you.
Not worth giving up your last DD for 2 points in parry. You also get the 20% body resist at 44 bs.

And no, you don't have to spec 50 weapon to do damage, those last few points wont make that much of a difference :p
Can spec 47 weapon, 46 BS and 5 parry if you really want as much weaponskill as possible without giving up last DD/damage add.
3 points in weapon is nothing. As i said, only reason to go 50 weapon is if you want the style.

If you don't care about parry or damage add, 49 weapon, 44 bs and 4 parry is good.
Especially if hammer, since you will never use the lv 50 style.

Anyway, 46, 46, 10 and hammer is the best spec there is!!1!1 :p

Users who are viewing this thread