Help :) 49 hammer 44 bs skald template

E

Eyeinthedark

dinged 50 today and have no idea how to arrange my template, what jewelry to use what resists to cap etc, help please =)

Troll 110 str 10 in con 10 in charisma

skald 49 hammer 44 bs

thnx

E

Eyeinthedark

thnx : ) , bought daoc 6 weeks ago not sure if fast or slow :D

O

old.anubis

cap str/con/dex/cha/hits
cap all resists (or at least 24%)
cap hammer/parry
if you have space left cap battlesongs too, slightly more dmg on dds

good jewelry:
neck - quest, avernal from df
jewel - 2 quests
cloak - 2 quests, jade
rings - quest + boi
belt - df sapphires or maybe epic
bracers - 2 quest brasers

choose bracers _very_ carefully, do not take the one with battlesongs just the moment you see it. better to choose them after you will get all the rest jewelry sorted

quests here:
http://daoc.warcry.com/quests

item db here
http://library.l9c.org (switch to english)

V

Vasconcelos

How about this specc:

50 Sword
43 Battlesongs
2 Parry

On a troll with cons/stre on start. Basically planned for group rvr (/assist abusser).

Any good?

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by Vasconcelos
How about this specc:

50 Sword
43 Battlesongs
2 Parry

On a troll with cons/stre on start. Basically planned for group rvr (/assist abusser).

Any good?

all you miss is Last DD (44) and last dmg add (46)

so its your call between Ragnorak + extra WS vs DD + Dmgadd.

Ragnorak is one of best styles around so worthg etting if u spec sword (personally i prefer 46 hammer 46 BS as u still get a strong rearstyle)

E

Eyeinthedark

thnx old.anubis : ) did that

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos

Ragnorak is one of best styles around so worthg etting if u spec sword (personally i prefer 46 hammer 46 BS as u still get a strong rearstyle)

I am going 50 hammer 43 bs incase i get respec, to go sword :D

V

Vasconcelos

Guessed so, with SC and the current magic resists (body), i rather prefer more WS aka front load damage, than 30more damage on DDs (when theyr not resisted). Moreover, Ragnarok its killah with /assisting tanks.

Just wondered if there is any skald with the same template (troll 50sword) out there...

Would be my template if i ever rerolled Mid ;)

Z

zoia

Originally posted by Eyeinthedark
I am going 50 hammer 43 bs incase i get respec, to go sword :D
No need to go 50 hammer for a style you will never use.
Much better to go 49 as you first said. That way you'll get high weapon skill and still get to keep your last DD.

As for jewelry...
Making a new template myself atm, since last one wasn't that great and i'll never get that damn WoW-belt. :p

Glacial Emerald Ring is a nice one. Drops of Gudlaugr and Jarl Ormarr in Dodens.
50 utility, even better than band of ice and ring of spun silk and not that hard to get. :)
Has quickness on it though, so may not be the best if you don't want that.

Cloak of Icy Vigor drops from Thane Dyggve and Jarl Ormarr. Both in Dodens.
Also easy to get (we killed thane dyggve 3-4 times one night and it dropped twice) and good stats.

C

Carlos Bananos

Guessed so, with SC and the current magic resists (body), i rather prefer more WS aka front load damage, than 30more damage on DDs (when theyr not resisted). Moreover, Ragnarok its killah with /assisting tanks.

Just wondered if there is any skald with the same template (troll 50sword) out there...

Would be my template if i ever rerolled Mid ;)

Ragnorak is overrated imo, a lot of the uberdmg screenies are taken with Argmunds for slayer, 5.7 delay etc. and Tivooks are from a troll with no qui, so yea it can be good..

but conquer (hammer rear style) has a hinder effect, which is far better imo since skalds can't get PF and u dont need to spec 50 to get all the useful styles (50 hammer style is continued from parry/block chain or smth)

i changed my skalds spec a few times, rag doesn't seem to do much more dmg than conq with regular qui ..

plus next patch dragonhammer is 5.8 delay :D

V

Vasconcelos

Ragnorak is overrated imo, a lot of the uberdmg screenies are taken with Argmunds for slayer, 5.7 delay etc. and Tivooks are from a troll with no qui, so yea it can be good..

but conquer (hammer rear style) has a hinder effect, which is far better imo since skalds can't get PF and u dont need to spec 50 to get all the useful styles (50 hammer style is continued from parry/block chain or smth)

i changed my skalds spec a few times, rag doesn't seem to do much more dmg than conq with regular qui ..

plus next patch dragonhammer is 5.8 delay :D

About Conquer... well o/c hinder effect is nice, but in the world of /assist with 3 other pure tanks with PF or stun styles, guess I could live w/o it. ;)

On paper, Conquer has considerable less growth rate than Ragnarok (0,74 against 0,90), and despite Sledgehammer has 0.94 gr, is the 2nd style on a 2h chain, so i think missing it would be terrible, so for me, Ragnarok is more desiderable.
Moreover, i dont like crush line coz albion support classes are resistant to it (chain), and except bards, wardens and druids scale is resitant too.

The point i like to know is if a skald w/o the last DD is gimped. My guess is not

C

Carlos Bananos

The point i like to know is if a skald w/o the last DD is gimped. My guess is not

not at all, i used 50axe/43 bs for a while, and the 50 axe style made up for the dmg of the DD...dont see why sword would be diff

i was more concenred about the yellowcon dmg add (it sucks)
but again, that can be madeup with shaman dmg add etc

Z

zoia

No, they are not gimped in groups. I've even seen some people list their "perfect" group setup. It included "skald (50 weapon)". :rolleyes:
Guess some people even consider 44 weapon skalds gimped.

I would say skalds without last DD is slightly gimped soloer. :p
Skalds without 50 weapon are still good in groups. They bring speed 5 after all.

Looks like we're getting some improvement to our DDs, maybe even in 1.65. Shorter timer/higher DD, who knows.
I would love a 48 DD. :p Would use my single respec and go from 46, 46, 10 to 48 BS, 44 hammer, 10 parry :)

V

Vasconcelos

Right.

Cheers skalds out there, if i ever rerolled i know who to contact ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom