5-20 second server delay that only seems to effect mid/prydwen Sign if experiencing

Skrad

Fledgling Freddie
/sigh
I played the other day and it was fine for a while, then wham, 10 second lag that got worse as the night went on... and this was server side for sure... 3 green lights.

/signed again.
SORT IT OUT!

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
/signed

This lag is beyond a joke...its fucking hillarious! Just beeing in the normal ToA zones moving from point A - B is a challenge. But as soon as u move to a dungeon all lag is gone.

Did some ML3 steps today and all went pretty well (we died to other reasons then lag :p ), but I was NOT looking forward to the 3.7 - encounter with is _outside_ the cave. We managed to zerg it with 3fg+ and an Eel Stomach.

So for the time beeing, do the cave encounters: ML2/3/5 etc

Borand

Fledgling Freddie
Just realized I haven't /signed this yet...

Didn't affect me today since I was in the ML5 dungeon most of the time but yesterday on the ML6 raid, it was constant 10-20 second delay lag on everything. Ld'd at 6.9 and then almost instantaneously ld'd a few more times when I tried to log back on. I and many others could not complete the raid because of these lag issues...

Sort it out GOA!

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
/signed

10-20 sec lag near enough non stop some days on a good day 5 ish sec lag near enough non stop (and i got a good pc WELL above min requirements and good conn so sure its not a problem at my end)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I dont want a free day or two, i want the trial encounters that where fucked over due to lag. It can take a week or more before i'll be able to do them again due to work.

G

Gabbe

omg

/sign

When 1 Sm 1 aug healer 1 bb and 3 savages dies to 4 yellow octupusses SOMETHING IS WRONG

and when i alg pull all octupus trying to res them something is wrong there too

tovgis

Fledgling Freddie
/signed

swinging my weapon 5 times unstyled before i manages to land anytime

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
signing again.
Has taken over an hour for our attempt on getting to the ML7 dungeon, and still not there yet.

LD's/20 secs lag, people lag pulling uber mobs and we're not able to do anything about it as we cant even pull our weaps out. Beyond a joke and seriously affecting my 'want' to play this game atm. :(

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Here is what I got in my registered complaint via Right Now:

Response (Community Manager) 03/22/2004 03:23 PM

Greetings,

We are aware of the current lag problems on the Prydwen server, and it is in line for a hardware upgrade. I do not have an estimate of when it will happen yet, but we are actively working on solving this, the current state is not acceptable for us or for our players.

Regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

Customer (xxxxxXXXXXXX) 03/22/2004 03:21 PM
Charname: Prudil/Prudilicious
Realm: Midgard
Server: Prydwen
Zone: normal ToA Zones (not the caves)

Again we had a Lag-fest on Prydwen this weekend, making _any_ hunts/ml encounters in the "normal" ToA zones - unplayable. With server lag-spikes varying from 5-30 secs. No, its not connection problems, my connection is 100% fine and my computer is not the issue either. This is the same issue as posted on the camelot-europe.goa.com site a few weeks back, my prior issue registered in Right-Now says <solved>...this is not the case.
When we enter _any_ cave in ToA-Midgard, the lag is gone and the game works perfectly, but in the "normal" zones: stygian delta, typhons reach, oceanus notos, oceanus hesperos, oceanus boreal, oceanus anatole, mesothalassa, land of atum, green glades, ashen isle and arbor glen - the game is unplayable.

Ref. these threads on the comunity boards (I am not the only one experiencing the lag):

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=8370
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=10155
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=10161

Please inform the comunity about the issue asap and good luck with resolving the issue :)

\\Prudil
Hardware upgrade? Lol the problem is just in "some areas".
No eta? hmmmm
Why havent they posted more info aboutthis on the webby - I know ppl want an update atleast.

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Fix it plz, and want to add : we really need to ASK for it ?? :puke:

/signed

Cerbie

One of Freddy's beloved
I finally could put my lag question on rightnow. Couldn't do it before because I had some lag to get in there :eek2:

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
The lag killed the fun for me to play this game completely. I will not login again until fixed and if my subs run out before that... Then I will not renew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom