2pac Petition

Everz

FH is my second home
Sign the Petition

It would be a fitting tribute to a modern day legend that passed before his time. We will officially present a petition to members of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce as well as the honorary major of Hollywood Mr. Johnny Grant who is the head of the Hollywood Walk of Fame selection committee.

Tupac Shakur, known to millions of fans worldwide as 2pac, was a true modern day icon. As far as popularity, Tupac Shakur can easily be placed under the same category as Elvis Presley, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. 2pac accomplished so much in the music industry and in entertainment in general that even ten years after his untimely death, he still a remains a powerful presence in society. Besides selling a countless number of records and breaking worldwide marks for music sales, 2pac also left a lasting impact on society. His poems, and musical work have been studied in various schools with courses on 2pac being taught in numerous colleges ranging from UC Berkley in Northern California, to the University of Florida, and the historic Morehouse college in Georgia.

It would take twenty plus pages + to list all of 2pac's accomplishments as a power full entertainer and a beloved human being. We encourage all members of the rap community to step up participate and spread the word. This petition and movement to get Tupac Shakur a much deserved star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame is being organized by Muszamil; a protégé of the late Tupac Shakur and a member of his extended family. Muszamil is releasing his second album, “Makaveli Presents…Muszamil – Reparations is Due” on September 19th, and is currently touring the country to support the album, and his campaign to a Tupac Walk of Fame star.

grin2.gif

Please Sign it if you agree he should be on it, or atleast take the time to read what reasons others have stated. Thanks.

Links:
http://www.hiphopgame.com
http://www.myspace.com/muszamil

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I feel sorry for whoever has to get rid of the bad entires from 11,000 entries in total.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Never happen .... not gonna put a star on for a rapper who got gunned down, though would be a nice indication of changing times...

Everz

FH is my second home
evzy said:
Never happen .... not gonna put a star on for a rapper who got gunned down, though would be a nice indication of changing times...
maybe so.. but elvis has one.. didnt he take suicide or something ;c?

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
one of the best rap artist to bless this earth, his songs had alot of meaning, been following his music for long time started listning at young age

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
How people can evangelise a guy with a very dubious past is beyond me. He was involved in a number of 'incidents' over the years and in my opinion the entertainment industry shouldn't be extoling the virtues of someone with such a shady past.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Eversmallx said:
maybe so.. but elvis has one.. didnt he take suicide or something ;c?

Suicide by burger over an extended period of time did for him....

Shit... I think I am trying to top myself as well and I didnt even realise!

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
How do u know he's Dead, keeps releasing records now and then u know :)

Its a conspiracy i tell u :p

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
the day rap is classified as music in my ears hell will freeze over and i will win xxx mill in lotto.
The more shocking your life has been, grab a mic , borrow the rythmbox of one of the other rappers and start talking about how hard life is.:wanker:

No sign up from me

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
from above said:
Muszamil is releasing his second album, “Makaveli Presents…Muszamil – Reparations is Due” on September 19th, and is currently touring the country to support the album

Looks to me like a cheeky ad for this dudes album and tour. Gotta love hidden advertising

Chronictank

FH is my second home
cHodAX said:
How people can evangelise a guy with a very dubious past is beyond me. He was involved in a number of 'incidents' over the years and in my opinion the entertainment industry shouldn't be extoling the virtues of someone with such a shady past.
Regardless of your opinion the man he is a legend for his muscial talent

DocWolfe said:
dont fund gun crime, dont buy rap
dont support noise pollution, dont buy rock
:rolleyes:
Craparoni said:
the day rap is classified as music in my ears hell will freeze over and i will win xxx mill in lotto.
The more shocking your life has been, grab a mic , borrow the rythmbox of one of the other rappers and start talking about how hard life is.:wanker:

No sign up from me
i could put any type of music you name into a ignorant little box and claim its rubbish,
the fact most his albums went platinum shows how wrong you are

Lethul

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
i could put any type of music you name into a ignorant little box and claim its rubbish,
the fact most his albums went platinum shows how wrong you are

no, thats just shows alot of people can have the SAME crappy taste ;)

Everz

FH is my second home
knighthood said:
How do u know he's Dead, keeps releasing records now and then u know :)

Its a conspiracy i tell u :p

He made 100's of songs in his last days, he knew he was gonna die so made 3 or so songs each day

cHodAX said:

So what about his past, he was a musical genius, he should respected be respected for he put in his songs/poems, they have meanings unlike most the crap these days.

DocWolfe said:
dont fund gun crime, dont buy rap

Yes, rap is single cause of gun crime.. listen to his music and tell me where it sparks something such as gun crime.

Craparoni said:

No sign up from me

damn, could say that crap about every other genre of music out there.. idiot

Pirkel said:
Where is the petition against this?

where the petition against idiots such as you?

Everz

FH is my second home
Lethul said:
no, thats just shows alot of people can have the SAME crappy taste ;)
i could same the about a numerous rock/punk w/e bands which i think suck tho?.. not many have achieved the record sales he did.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Eversmallx said:
Yes, rap is single cause of gun crime.. listen to his music and tell me where it sparks something such as gun crime.

Ok sorry everyone for the lyrics in this, but it has to be done imo

"Crooked Ass *****"
(feat. Stretch (Live Squad))

"Suddenly I see, some niggaz that I don't like" - [Ice Cube]
[machine gun fires] "Got him!" - [Dr. Dre]

[2Pac]
A smokin ass ***** robbed me blind
I got a tech nine now his smokin ass is mine
I guess I felt sorry for the bastard, he was broke
I didn't know he smoked so I didn't watch him close
He caught me on the sneak tip, now the punk's in deep shit
Catch him on the streets, I'ma bring him to his feet, quick
Pass the clip, I think I see him comin now
Fuck the bullshit, posse deep and let's run him down
Gots to be the first one to hit ya when we meet
Comin quickly up the streets, is the punk ass police
The first one jumped out and said, "Freeze!"
I popped him in his knees and shot him, punk.. please..
Cause cops should mind they business, when we rush
Now you're pleadin like a bitch, cause you don't know how to.. hush..
Now back to the smoker that robbed me
I tell you like Latifah, motherfucker give me.. body..
One to the chest, another to his fuckin dome
Now the shit can rest, yo tell him to leave me the fuck alone
Two very bloody bodies on the streets
A nosey ass cop and a ***** that robbed from me
Run from your backup punk, how you figure?
My finger's on the trigger for you crooked ass niggaz

[Pac]
Crooked ass niggaz
[Eazy]
Criminal behaviour.. criminal.. criminal behaviour
[Cube]
Suddenly I see..
[Eazy]
Cri-cri-criminal

[Stretch]
Now listen to the mack of the crooked ***** trade
With the fine criminal mind, cold rips like a blade
It's already quick steppin to the niggaz with the props
and any motherfucker with the flim-flam drops to the knot
Ten o'clock, is a motherfuckin gank move
Stretch is Uptown, clockin weight the shit is real smooth
A *****'s tryin to play me like he know me but he don't
Sittin on ten keys, I'ma get him, think I won't?
My ***** 2Pac, got the fuckin Glock cocked, and he's ready
When the kid, didn't even bring the weight bag, instead he
welcomed us, into his apartment
Oh this even better, two to the head, he's dead a clean get-a-WAY!
Niggaz got PAID!
And yet another sleepin ass ***** got slayed, word up
By a crooked motherfucker named Stretch
And the T-U-P-A-C, the police can't catch..

[Pac]
The crooked ass niggaz
[Eazy]
Criminal behaviour..
[Pac]
Yeah.. ya don't stop!

Crooked ass niggaz
[Eazy]
Criminal.. criminal behaviour
[Cube]
Suddenly I see, some niggaz that I don't like

[2Pac]
Now I could be a crooked ***** too
When I'm rollin with my crew, watch what crooked niggaz, do!
I got a nine millimeter Glock pistol
I'm ready to get witcha at the drop, of a whistle
So make your move, and act like you wanna flip
I fire thirteen shots, and pop another clip
I bring luck, my Glock's like a fuckin mop
The more I shot, the more motherfuckers dropped
And even cops got shot when they rolled up
Best to bring a knot, or get popped, I'm a soldier
I ain't the type to fetch ya, ask Stretch, he's my witness
Smoke til I'm blitzed, fuck a motherfuckin piss test
I'm trigger happy, try to 'tack me and I'll drop you quick
Long as I got a clip I got some shit to hit em with
The ***** killer I get iller when the shit gets thick
My brain flips, I start thinkin like a lunatic
I rip shit, came equipped with a bigger crew
I thought these niggaz knew, I'm a crooked ***** too

[Eazy]
[2Pac]
Crooked

[2Pac]
Crooked ass niggaz come in all shapes and sizes
They wear disguises, backstabbin's what they specialize in
They'll try to getcha, they'll sweatcha to get in the picture
And then they hitcha, son of a bitch! Now he's richer
Crooked ass *****..

[Eazy]
[Cube]
Suddenly I see, some niggaz that I don't like
[Eazy]
Criminal behaviour
Criminal, criminal, crim
Crim-criminal behaviour
Criminal behaviour, criminal behaviour..

[machine gun fires]
[machine gun fires]
[machine gun fires]
[Eazy]
Criminal behaviour
Criminal, criminal, crim
Crim-criminal behaviour
Criminal beha.. crima-crima-crima
Crim-crim, criminal behaviour
Criminal behaviour..

HMMMMM

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
ye, go ahead and call this person a musical genius, come on, who are u really kidding here? :p
100 songs last days? 2-3 songs every day? this person had a ton of stories to tell and thats it, he tells u a story and put the same old rap rythm along with it.
thats actually 100 new "songs" that sounds exactly the same but lyrics are some what different
People listen to those stories, not the music.
I will comprimize with u and say he was a great storyteller thats it.
Bethoven was a musical genius even tho i dont like the music, but its music.
Rap doesnt even get close.

just my humble opinion offcourse :)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
I wont be signing anything linked to rap music unless its a petition banning the shit.

How people can listen to such much music is beyond me, singing about drugs/abuseing women/guns and other random shit, if this infulences people and they can relate to this type of music then its worrying.

The guy is only a legand because of the way he died, kinda the same as Kurt Cobain.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
"Tupac Shakur can easily be placed under the same category as Elvis Presley, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones"

LOL, no he can't. Tupac Shakur is a classic example of death giving fans an excuse to make someone seem far more important than they were when they were alive; same as Jimi Hendrix (most over-rated guitarist ever), Kurt Cobain (had already started the creative burn-out and would have been washed up within 2 years), etc. etc. A hundred different versions of the same old "Yo yo yo, me and my muthafucking homies smoke lots of dope, fuck lots of bitches and shoot lots of cops" bollocks over and over on top of sampled bits of other people's fucking music does not make you some sort of creative genius.

I actually don't have anything in particular against rap as a music form - it's just like any other kind of music, 85% of it is derivative shit, 10% is good and 5% can be amazing - but trying to put Tupac Shakur up there as an all-time musical icon on a par with Elvis and The Beatles is self-delusion at its finest. And I don't even like Elvis or The Beatles :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
2pac did make great music (FOR HIS GENRE!) and was an inspiration to many (IN HIS GENRE!) and he is rather a hall of famer obviously....FOR HIS GENRE!

If you don't like rap music, where do you get off with "he's no legend" comments, for the genre, he did a hell-of-a-lot.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Litmus said:
I wont be signing anything linked to rap music unless its a petition banning the shit.

How people can listen to such much music is beyond me, singing about drugs/abuseing women/guns and other random shit, if this infulences people and they can relate to this type of music then its worrying.
Obviously shows you know shit about rap, just because the shit people like 50-cent spew out rap doesen't have to be about guns, drugs or abusing women.
For the most part main-stream rap is gangsterrap, I'll agree that gangster-rap is basically shit, but calling all rap shit is crossing the line in my opinion, especially when you don't know anything about rap.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Svartmetall said:
"Tupac Shakur can easily be placed under the same category as Elvis Presley, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones"

LOL, no he can't. Tupac Shakur is a classic example of death giving fans an excuse to make someone seem far more important than they were when they were alive; same as Jimi Hendrix (most over-rated guitarist ever), Kurt Cobain (had already started the creative burn-out and would have been washed up within 2 years), etc. etc. A hundred different versions of the same old "Yo yo yo, me and my muthafucking homies smoke lots of dope, fuck lots of bitches and shoot lots of cops" bollocks over and over on top of sampled bits of other people's fucking music does not make you some sort of creative genius.

I actually don't have anything in particular against rap as a music form - it's just like any other kind of music, 85% of it is derivative shit, 10% is good and 5% can be amazing - but trying to put Tupac Shakur up there as an all-time musical icon on a par with Elvis and The Beatles is self-delusion at its finest. And I don't even like Elvis or The Beatles :D

What he said!

:drink: Strongly agree, very well said, "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Svartmetall again."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom