22-11-05 Constant lag spikes/LD

Herjulf

Banned
Same here, can we post them here and you forward them, i cant even login to rightnow. And when i could anything i submitted other then text, was DISCARDED according to the mail sent to me as receipt to righnow sent.

To me it seems as Server problem, because the problems STARTED at directly after patch to current patch a few weeks ago.

RvR lag - fps wise, on agramon i in some areas get hard fps lag. even though i got some pretty damn nice hardware ATI radeon x850 256mb ddr and 2gig ram.

Up/downlink datawise - Problem appear on my pingplot´s as on end hop or hop just before the end as 100% packeloss for up to 20s sometimes.

I dont have host i can upload the pingplot to atm though.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Well we had ping spikes in toa, gothwaite and frontiers yesterday while pking.... not the biggest joy of the game.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Sent 2 pingplots via RN yesterday. Will send today aswell and tomorrow I will take plots morning,afternoon,evening together with number of ppl online to see if there is an difference

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Erivoss has previously said you can send pingplots to him at his goa dot com email.

Darzil

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Any ping plots you post here I'll fetch and send to the sysnet admins so yes, by all means post them here if you're unable to send them via email or rightnow.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
problem with lag and ld`s seems fairly constant to me. i am rather sure that most problems come from.

gi14-0-10.loncr3.London.opentransit.net

this is the point my route goes from *telia.net (17ms) to OT (and gets another 100 ms of extra delay)

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
this is how it looks for me tracing from work using gateway 1 (same isp i have at home too) and it is like this for 2 or 3 days already

1.pretty weird that 193.252.122.14 appears twice
2.looks like troubles in opentransit again

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
again from work using gateway 2 (different ISP)

things looks much better, but there are latency spikes very often when ping goes up to 300-500 ms.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
problem with lag and ld`s seems fairly constant to me. i am rather sure that most problems come from.

gi14-0-10.loncr3.London.opentransit.net

this is the point my route goes from *telia.net (17ms) to OT (and gets another 100 ms of extra delay)

weird enough, for me problems seem to come from:
P0-1.AMSBB1.Amsterdam.opentransit.net (146.188.49.118)

lucky enough, i was able to setup a tunel from home to my job place and get to goa using another isp that manages to reach excalibur on very diff routes :p

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
at least post the pingplots here if cba to send them to rightnow

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I'm emailing mine to erivoss. Tonights were interesting. Constant switching between three london routers, and packet loss on all three, causing nasty lag.

Darzil

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
ok.

when one all adds up stuff,

it seems like opentransit just sucks.

run the ** servers outside of france ffs.

Requiel said:
The lag you are getting is not coming from the servers or our network. Once again, it's problems in the general internet. If you want it to be sorted then get pingplotting and either send us the details or hassle your ISP with them.

Before I get the inevitable 'well I spoke to my ISP and they say there's no problems with my line' or 'I have 100MB internet and so it can't be a problem with my ISP' responses I'll clarify this. It's not a problem with your ISP. If you call your ISP and report lag they'll check the latency from your house to their servers and declare that everything is fine. The problem is the routing from your ISP to our network - which your ISP is also responsible for. If you contact your ISP you will have to explain this to them and most likely provide them with additional evidence in the form of pingplots.

There is a very limited amount that we can do about this problem. We can collect information and pass it on to whichever company is responsible for the router(s) causing the problem. Your ISP can also escalate consumer complaints and to be honest they are likely to have much more luck with that than we are.

So ur point is that we all should just accept it?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
ahh its those damn routers again :( so unlucky that they only effect connections to goa servers

duact

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
The lag you are getting is not coming from the servers or our network. Once again, it's problems in the general internet. If you want it to be sorted then get pingplotting and either send us the details or hassle your ISP with them.

Before I get the inevitable 'well I spoke to my ISP and they say there's no problems with my line' or 'I have 100MB internet and so it can't be a problem with my ISP' responses I'll clarify this. It's not a problem with your ISP. If you call your ISP and report lag they'll check the latency from your house to their servers and declare that everything is fine. The problem is the routing from your ISP to our network - which your ISP is also responsible for. If you contact your ISP you will have to explain this to them and most likely provide them with additional evidence in the form of pingplots.

There is a very limited amount that we can do about this problem. We can collect information and pass it on to whichever company is responsible for the router(s) causing the problem. Your ISP can also escalate consumer complaints and to be honest they are likely to have much more luck with that than we are.

what a load of crap. if my group consists of 8 people with 8 different ISP's from 8 different countries and we all CHAIN LD at the same time its not our ISP's foult its yours. havent you had enough problems with whatever shitty french internet provider you got in the past, if i may refresh your memory this is not the first time it has been like this and thanks to you it will not be the last either. change to some decent isp you ********'s

//with love and roses from midguard

arthur

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Goa you fucking wankers plz fix this crap.. But guess we gonna have to play like this for 3 months like last time we had lag like this!!!

Comos

Loyal Freddie
duact said:
what a load of crap. if my group consists of 8 people with 8 different ISP's from 8 different countries and we all CHAIN LD at the same time its not our ISP's foult its yours. havent you had enough problems with whatever shitty french internet provider you got in the past, if i may refresh your memory this is not the first time it has been like this and thanks to you it will not be the last either. change to some decent isp you ********'s

//with love and roses from midguard

arthur

Even though I hate this lag as much as anyone else right now, I'm gonne reply to this anyway.

The lag is caused by Opentransit, one of the large companies that form the "backbone" of the internet. If you want to connect from outside of France to the DAoC servers in Paris (at least that's where I thought they were), you HAVE to pass through Opentransit's routers. 8 ppl with 8 different ISP's located in 8 different countries (not France) can ofcourse go LD at the same time then, if there are problems with the Opentransit systems.
Or did you think your ISP connected you directly to every single PC out there on the internet ? oO

It's a simple road your traffic follows and if there's a problem on the international highway, it won't make it to it's destination without delay. While traffic that comes from much closer to the destination (i.e. people in France) don't need to take the highway, it can just follow the "smaller roads" and arrive in time.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

duact

Fledgling Freddie
and with opentransit beeing so shit they could host the servers outside france where decent internet connections exist ( not UK )

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
This is the answer from RN I got regarding my pingplots I sent

GOA said:
Hello,

First of all, we invite you to go on the following website in order to download the update files for your video card drivers:

http://www.ati.com/support/fr/driver.html

Once you have saved the file on your desktop, right-click on your desktop, select “properties”, then click on “settings” and then on the button “advanced”, in the tag “adapter”, click on “properties”, then go on the button “driver” and choose “uninstall”, and then validate.
Once the drivers have been uninstalled, restart your computer.
Once you are back on the desktop, don’t let Windows installing automatically the drivers, and choose “cancel”.
Launch then the drivers file and restart your computer again.

Then, you should reinstall direct X 9.0c here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...20-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en

If you have a VIA chipset, go on the following website for your mother board in order to download and install the Hyperion4in1 drivers:

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=300

Also try to settle the Windows display mode on 16 bits mode if you are on a 32 bits mode.

If you have a device for it, check that the temperature of your video card doesn’t exceed the functioning “normal” temperature (refer to your card manual).

If none of that has resolved your problem, try the following modifications:

1) On your video card:

- Deactivate the antialiasing or anisotropic options
- Lower the frequency of the refreshes for the display
- If your video card is on the AGP port, change its speed in the BIOS (change it in x4, x2 or x1)

2) On the game:

- Try different resolutions
- Lower the settings in the graphics options menu (water options, Clip Plane Distance, shadows, ...)

If one of these settings solve your problem, thanks to inform us. Thus, we could avail the community of this solution.

This was my answer to that

me said:
This last answer clearly shows that you are not looking at what I have been sending you and we are clearly just wasting eachothers time with this.
I will not bother sending any more Right Now reports consider the utterly stupid answers you get that doesnt even have anything to do with the original report.

They really either must think their playerbase is really really stupid or they don´t even read the reports they get.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
You know it's your PC's fault man, admit it... now... :twak:

No seriously, I don't think they think we're stupid, nor that they don't read the reports, it's most likely a combination of both.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Any chance you can start fixing your damn game? starting to get really tired of there is a new problem every week. This week it is i cant get past the update server an this is not my isp because my friend who get internet from my place have no problem getting past it.. So would really like it to get fixt because im tired of paying money for something i cant use 100%

Dear customer,

We advice you to reinstall directx 9.0 which can be downloaded from www.microsoft.com
If your problem persits, could you send usa DXdiag.txt ?
To do it, click on [start], [run] and type DXdiag [ENTER].
Save all the infos in a text file and join it to your message.

Regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

lol? do they even read what you send them?

popa

Fledgling Freddie
well i not 100% sure but GOA is a part from francetelecom and opentransit to
soo if u 2 are from same big companie, why that stuff dont go faster ?

R

Raistlin

popa said:
well i not 100% sure but GOA is a part from francetelecom and opentransit to
soo if u 2 are from same big companie, why that stuff dont go faster ?

They have a Parent / Subsidary relationship... operational wise they are seprate companies, GOA will use the FT connection as they probably provide them a nice cheap deal... the problem is the FT and opentransit are such hugh companies that it takes a log time to ge tthings done and Intercompany relationships dont really excist much as the FT group owns a whole load of businesses...

It really isnt GOAs fault but the opentransit connection into France... it will get fixxed soon it is cauing lots of people hatstle, not just DAOC players... saying that i did a search for other reports, the majority are from DAOC players... so maybe they have shopped our badwidth and it cant handel all the daoc connections :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
The only way to get rid of opentransit would be for them to move country. Don't think that'll be happening any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom