Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Elite Football is fine! No need to change anything!
Plenty really could change - but this isn't limited to elite football. And the removal of UEFA isn't going to change this at all - I doubt even if UEFA wanted to they couldn't enforce rules along this line as they'd have their asses sued off them for restraint of trade.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yes, but clubs that can spaff that sort of money and not give a shit vs other clubs is obviously a load of bollocks.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Plenty really could change - but this isn't limited to elite football. And the removal of UEFA isn't going to change this at all - I doubt even if UEFA wanted to they couldn't enforce rules along this line as they'd have their asses sued off them for restraint of trade.

Nothing to do with UEFA, and it's limited to elite football in a sporting sense though. Even in the batshit crazy world of the NFL, agents receive 3% of deals. This is 75% roughly!

Allowing a handful of clubs to have this spending power is unsustainable in the long term.

The trouble with salary caps (and I couldn't give a fuck here about the legality), is that even if UEFA or even FIFA introduce them Europe/world wide, you'd see the power shift to China or the ME in UEFAs case, or some country who don't care about international football (let's be honest here, it would be KSA, Qatar or UAE) would leave FIFA and start a league with no caps.

To me, this is an argument for giving power to the clubs to combat this. If these elite clubs are ringfenced it would protect everyone else.

Last edited:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Only the €125m loss then lol

Attachments

• IMG-20220512-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20220512-WA0014.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 3

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Good thing UEFA are introducing even more games with these teams looking at absolutely peak performance.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I don't know why Chelsea looked like they were happy to go to penalties, Chelsea's recent history of penalties isn't exactly good.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If this result holds, all Liverpool have to do is stuff Saints to be right back in it.

Gray

FH is my second home
Results have favoured us this afternoon, or at least so far...
A win will see us safe.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Results have favoured us this afternoon, or at least so far...
A win will see us safe.

No idea how Leeds managed to steal a point right at the end vs Brighton... relegation fight is madness!

Gray

FH is my second home
Everton leading right at the death of the first half. Difficult match given we're a man down, we were well in control until the red card...

I can see them getting a red card themselves though.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Liverpool need Gerrard to do them a favour now, I can't see it happening though. Still, it's fantastic that it is going down to the last game.

Gray

FH is my second home
Well shit, that went bad really quickly. The loss of Braithwaite so early in the match caused our downfall, we was in complete control up to then.

We still need one win, but now we've got fewer defenders but also two strikers out.. Calvert Lewin looked to reinjure himself once more.

Be bloody typical of Brentford send us down by losing to Leeds now

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well shit, that went bad really quickly. The loss of Braithwaite so early in the match caused our downfall, we was in complete control up to then.

We still need one win, but now we've got fewer defenders but also two strikers out.. Calvert Lewin looked to reinjure himself once more.

For entirely selfish reasons I'd love it if you still needed that one win going into your last match...

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

I don't see you going down, to be honest - definitely a bit unlucky today but of the 3 of us teams you are probably in the driving seat. Leeds with only 1 to play are making me very edgy... I think we're going.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Talk about fucking bottling a season, Jesus Christ. Newcastle have been absolutely gopping against any half decent team, 2 points against teams from the top 7 before tonight (1 against West Ham, 1 against United), but they made Arsenal look like an u16s team for most of the night.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Talk about fucking bottling a season, Jesus Christ. Newcastle have been absolutely gopping against any half decent team, 2 points against teams from the top 7 before tonight (1 against West Ham, 1 against United), but they made Arsenal look like an u16s team for most of the night.
To be fair only Liverpool and City have beaten them at home since Howe started.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dicey as fuck:
  • 1Alisson
  • 12Gomez
  • 32Matip
  • 5Konaté
  • 21Tsimikas
  • 17Jones
  • 7Milner
  • 67Elliott
  • 18Minamino
  • 9Firmino
  • 20Jota
Saints have done for City a couple of times this season. Villa could still pull something out of the bag. Yes, there's a 10% chance of it, but 10% is 10%. For us to have an 8% chance of winning the league (4 out of 5 we're going to win our last game) then we need to be within a point.

Could well get tonked tonight.

But to be fair, even if we don't take the league to the last game, it's been a fucking great season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom