Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Saints an absolute shambles at the moment. I think the board might cut Ralph loose at the end of the season. Maybe give him until the World Cup.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Saints an absolute shambles at the moment. I think the board might cut Ralph loose at the end of the season. Maybe give him until the World Cup.
Yeah the wheels have really come off over the last couple of months, haven't they? Mad that your only win since February was against Arsenal. It looked like Ralph had really tapped into something earlier in the season.

Anyway, I'll be distraught if Tottenham have dented Liverpool's hopes of the quadruple.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nobody really thought we had much hope of it did they? We missed that chance when we drew at city.

More gutting for me is I'm going to miss the FA cup final but it's compensated for by a day at Bike Park Wales. I might fly to Paris for the Champions League final tho.

Plenty of fun left in the season even if the league has gone :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yeah the wheels have really come off over the last couple of months, haven't they? Mad that your only win since February was against Arsenal. It looked like Ralph had really tapped into something earlier in the season.

Anyway, I'll be distraught if Tottenham have dented Liverpool's hopes of the quadruple.

Shirley Liverpool over Man City, no?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
If we get relegated @Jupitus I 100% blame Mellier. His kicking is atrocious and must have attributed to at least half our goals conceded.

I also blame Bamford for being a twig-legged fanny.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If Nketiah doesn't replace Trashford in the England squad, then there is no justice.

Trem

If Nketiah doesn't replace Trashford in the England squad, then there is no justice.
I was kind of hoping he'd do crap so Leeds could have him again. He was excellent for us and he's filled out now.

Gray

FH is my second home
Cracking game with Leicester, scored early then a few minutes later they get theirs. Myko's goal was exceptional though.

We would have been 2-0, if not for a goal line scramble... Then 20 second later they equalise. Crazy.

Glad we've got our second goal though, we need to see this game out as once again results this weekend may well have gone in our favour

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If we get relegated @Jupitus I 100% blame Mellier. His kicking is atrocious and must have attributed to at least half our goals conceded.

I also blame Bamford for being a twig-legged fanny.

I fear we are fucked, old chap.... wanna gimme a cuddle please?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Silly thing is under Bielsa I would probably have had some belief in this, but though I don't mind Marsch that belief is gone....

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Every time I make a bold prediction, i.e. Everton are good as relegated, the exact opposite seems to happen. Any requests?

Gray

FH is my second home
We've picked up 10 points from 5 games which I would have considered we would have lost or dropped points given the teams played.

In fact it was the next run of games I thought we would have picked up the points to try and secure our survival... This has put us into a really good position.

They say 40 is the magic number, that's two wins maybe. Don't be surprised if we end up being beaten by Watford though..

Trem

Silly thing is under Bielsa I would probably have had some belief in this, but though I don't mind Marsch that belief is gone....
I'm about as happy with him as Everton are with Lampard. A wtf moment.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Absolute steal if he can produce in the prem.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Footballs worst kept secret confirmed. The gap between the haves and the have nots gets even wider. A proper Super League where these clubs leave the premier league can't come soon enough.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Footballs worst kept secret confirmed. The gap between the haves and the have nots gets even wider. A proper Super League where these clubs leave the premier league can't come soon enough.

Have to say I am leaning more and more into agreement with this, it is getting out of control now, FFP rules are a complete waste of time.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
With every year it becomes more and more pointless to be a fan of a PL club outside the big 6 because you know there is no chance of your club achieving anything. And it just doesn't matter. What if Saints fans decide to not bother going because we won't achieve anything? Doesn't matter, the PL will still get ridiculous TV deals worldwide, because the big clubs are so popular. Actual fans are an irrelevance.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Absolute steal if he can produce in the prem.

The transfer fee may be but I suspect his wages are going to be immense, although no doubt MC can fudge the books a bit more to make it work :p

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The transfer fee may be but I suspect his wages are going to be immense, although no doubt MC can fudge the books a bit more to make it work :p
Transfer fee will be loads more in reality as well. Rumours are that Raiola (now dead obviously so who knows) wanted the transfer fee again for himself, plus £30m for Haalands dad.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Imagine reading this and still thinking football doesn't need to break away from UEFA
It's undoubtedly shit. But not as bad as if the rich clubs banded together and made a gawd-awful exclusive super-league. What a massive pile of wank that would be.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It's undoubtedly shit. But not as bad as if the rich clubs banded together and made a gawd-awful exclusive super-league. What a massive pile of wank that would be.
Why? Why is having 7 English teams in an already exclusive CL run by UEFA worse than a super league run by the clubs?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I said it was so obvious as to be self-evident. I ain't changing that. I could talk till I'm blue in the face but I'd be wasting my breath and then getting told off on the forum for derailing the thread.

Sorry, but if you can't see why it'd be worse (and why the whole football world kicked up a stink when it was mooted that was so harsh the clubs backed down pretty bloody quickly) then nothing I can say is going to make you "realise" why you're wrong.

So I'll just reiterate - we both agree that Uefa are cunts. I'd personally like to see reform. However, letting a small subset of clubs break away and do their own exclusive competition thing is worse than Uefa running the show - for fans that are both outside and inside the proffered competition.

If it was so great for Liverpool, don't you think I'd be jumping at it? That the scousers would be all over it?

Why aren't they @Aoami? You tell me...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Because the average man on the street doesn't know how corrupt UEFA are. They don't realise that every single change they make is worse for the average fan. The "whole football world" kicked up a stink because they're scared of change.

The argument that the champions league is not an exclusive competition for a few clubs already is fucking deluded. I think England has provided one or two of the champions leagues semi finalists for what, 13 years In a row? How is that not some exclusive competition for the richest clubs? (Edit - Fact checked this, not true, but not changing it as it's not far off. Covid and one other year).

Were you against the formation of the Premier League?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom