Football 2021/2022 Season Football Thread

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Big Dunc until the end of the year, Rooney in June. I guarantee it.

Gray

FH is my second home
IMG_20220116_225605.jpg

I fucking knew it!!

Martinez in the running apparently. As if he didn't do enough damage the last time.

Read the room Moshiri...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I wonder who is next up on the Chelsea compo train?

Gray

FH is my second home
Good match with villa, pretty much action all the way through but they got a goal right on half time.

Digne with an assist which is even more infuriating, not because of him as he's done nothing wrong. But it's left a sour taste knowing Benitez had a hand in it.

The more thought going in to it, directly strengthening a very close rival team (who happens to be managed by an ex-Red...)

He's old news now though so alas. There was a lot more passion in the play for Everton. Still not convinced about our back line though, Dunc didn't even put the new defenders in the team so how's the of any help.

What's more concerning is we have games in hand and we just wasted one opportunity. Next up we have Newcastle and Leeds, both have which have done some damage to us. Given the teams below us are winning now, that's.... That's not good

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Everton just don't seem to have any focus. They looked better today, and I think 0.0 would have been a fairer result.

Gerrard certainly enjoyed himself though!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Can't believe how shit that decision was to give Jota a pen.

Good result for us yesterday, lovely goal by KWP, monumental defence performance from Salisu.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Look VAR is there to make decisions PERFECT.

They've got a video referree. They can rule out any problems and remove any controversy. So it MUST have been a penalty.

Or what's the point of VAR?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just to be clear. It was never a pen.

Scrap VAR. It's wank. Lets leave it to the refs to make the mistakes they're going to make anyway, video ref or not, and get immediacy and flow back into our game. Make the game human again.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Look VAR is there to make decisions PERFECT.

They've got a video referree. They can rule out any problems and remove any controversy. So it MUST have been a penalty.

Or what's the point of VAR?

Wheres that eye-roll reaction i asked for?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just watched it again on MOTD @Aoami. It's a *really bad* decision. But the worst of it is this (as I'm sure you know):

The ref got the decision right. Then VAR changed his mind to the wrong one.

No VAR, and the decision is correct.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Drone on and on an on until everyone cba = argument won.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ctfo Raven. You're displaying behaviours like just before you ragequit last time. Maybe you should take a chill pill.

That's direct evidence that VAR changed a correct decision into an incorrect decision. I'm going to talk about it. Capiche?

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Im just piss bored of you ruining every single thread with your arguments. I reckon you could argue in an empty room.

You don't like VAR, we get it. You don't need to keep going on about it. Nobody is interested.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Yep. No intent on engaging with him on it. Everyone knows VAR isn't working very well, as we have mentioned on this thread lots of times. Most people also know that shiny new things usually aren't perfect straight away and are worth persevering with until they are close to it.

By the letter of the law, it was a penalty, hence why it was overturned - it didn't "change a correct decision into an incorrect decision". The debate for me is always when VAR comes into play. Was this a clear and obvious error? No, it was marginal. VAR shouldn't have been consulted in the first place.

The constant going on and on makes most threads pretty miserable.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Excuse me Aoami but I'm calling you out on your bullshit:

If it wasn't a pen (and I agree with you, Gary Linekar and all of the pundits - it was never a pen) - then you're literally talking shit and changing your opinion within a couple of posts just to justify your support of VAR.

The ref got it right. VAR turned it into a wrong decision.

You dislike the "going on and on" because you don't like your opinion challenged. You don't want to engage on this point because, black and white, you know you're wrong.

Unless you withdraw your point about not being able to belive "how shit" the decision to give Jota a pen is.

Not expecting a reply, btw. We both know the above is correct, and it'll save the to-and-fro of a discussion forum.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Because the issue is not with VAR. The issue is, as it always has been, with the quality of officiating. VAR has been brought in to aid that, and every time it doesn't help you get irate red faced gammon like you saying it's shit, ignoring the other 9 times out of 10 that it helps get the correct decision. All of the clickbaity headlines that you seem to fall hook line and sinker for don't help. "VAR got the decision wrong". All VAR did was show the referee a video. The referee made the decision. He made that decision because by the letter of the law, it was a penalty. The reason it was bullshit is because it was such a marginal call it shouldn't have been up for debate in the first place.

You say that I'm the one who doesn't want my opinion challenged. I'd actually spin that back around and say it's you that doesn't want to be challenged. You just want to go on and on about VAR being shit, because you watch the odd game of football and see a bad VAR decision - or the last one you ranted about, you didn't even see the game therefore didn't understand the context of it. It's clear you have no understanding of it. Your opening gambit was that " Look VAR is there to make decisions PERFECT. " which is completely fucking bollocks, and shows a lack of understanding of the basic concept. VAR was introduced to overturn clear and obvious errors, and it's not being used correctly.

Times when VAR is used correctly, in the Southampton game on Saturday it was used twice to great effect, are not reported, because they don't get clicks, and they don't get people like you wound up.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Disagree fully. It's subjective decision making so will never improve and even when VAR gets it right it still comes at a very steep cost IMO.

Every time it's used, right or wrong, that cost is apparent - and it's intensified fallout, IMO, not lessened it.

As for your other point, you've no idea how much footie I watch - but given my age, you've a fuckload of catching up to do - so my opinion is as valid as yours.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Your opinion is factually incorrect though.

Your statement was "Look VAR is there to make decisions PERFECT. ".

It isn't. It's there to help correct clear and obvious mistakes, but it's being used to check every little thing which is stupid and makes it look shit.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh fuck - you say 'let's drop the VAR shite as we know we're divided on it then immediately re-engage on it? You are all lost souls!!!

Sheez, it's fucking all of you (though Scouse is a bloody dog with a bone)... can we not just put VAR to one fucking side and accept it, then talk about the other shit? Please? Wadda you guys think of Leeds this season, for example??

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh, and if you don't I'll be tempted to start culling VAR shit, if @Deebs agrees to it....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Summed up nicely.

20 seconds in. One sentence.

can we not just put VAR to one fucking side and accept it
No. I want it gone. As do many. So I'll be that dog with a bone. Sorry m8 :)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Now... take it tae fuck there!

EDIT: I don't have enough day time access now, not should I need it, to monitor all the posts in this thread, so put it there if it's about VAR or I'll hit the delete.

EDIT 2: @Deebs let me know if you disagree please... I have been wrong before, everyone has.

EDIT 3: Yes. I am pissed off.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Oh fuck - you say 'let's drop the VAR shite as we know we're divided on it then immediately re-engage on it? You are all lost souls!!!

Sheez, it's fucking all of you (though Scouse is a bloody dog with a bone)... can we not just put VAR to one fucking side and accept it, then talk about the other shit? Please? Wadda you guys think of Leeds this season, for example??

Leeds could be done for. Norwich are the form team at the bottom, Burnley have a lot of games in hand and got a good draw yesterday, Newcastle have the potential to buy themselves out of trouble. Only Watford look guaranteed for the drop at the moment.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber

[/QUOTE]

Leeds could be done for. Norwich are the form team at the bottom, Burnley have a lot of games in hand and got a good draw yesterday, Newcastle have the potential to buy themselves out of trouble. Only Watford look guaranteed for the drop at the moment.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I am worried... we can't string results together enough and are suffering from injuries... points-wise although 'we should be safe' it's by no means a guarantee, and some teams below us are in catching distance with a decent run...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yeah - I am worried... we can't string results together enough and are suffering from injuries... points-wise although 'we should be safe' it's by no means a guarantee, and some teams below us are in catching distance with a decent run...

A lot of your best players from last year just look a bit off. Probably a combination of injuries, covid etc. Leeds should have enough to stay up, there are 3 worse teams than them in the league for sure, but another key injury and that'll be hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom